Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,092 members, 7,811,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad (42265 Views)

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo / Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About / Sad Truths About Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:50am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:
Oga tell them to return home if living abroad isn't good for them.. As long as they're abroad, we will continue to call them.. cheesy cheesy

Omo men

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Gsentme(m): 10:50am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:
Oga tell them to return home if living abroad isn't good for them.. As long as they're abroad, we will continue to call them.. cheesy cheesy
Bad gal angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by humilitypays(m): 10:51am On Aug 22, 2020
skimena:
Many people in Nigeria think all is well with everyone living abroad especially those in Europe.

It's sad that many don't even want to know what you are doing for a living or if you even have accommodation.

Many don't care if you have eaten or if u even have the necessary documents to move around to work. The moment they call their loved once they start laying their complains and expect u to meet all their expectations. Failure to do so, they tag u with different names such as being wicked, stingy etc.

This has pushed alot of people Abroad to engage in all sorts of illegal deals to raise funds to meet family needs. But when yawa will gas u will be left alone to carry the cross. Inside Life
You don't have any reason to complain you know why

The only reason anybody spends money and effort to get visa, board an international flight to travel out of his or her country if not for tourism or study is to make more money than he makes in his/her country or to have better opportunity to become more successful than he/she was back in his/her home country, so anybody that makes that decision to migrate out of his country to find better living ought to put in his or her best effort to make that money without complain.

No rich or successful person travels out of his or her country to live abroad permanently, only those that couldn't make it in their home country migrate out to other countries for better opportunity of survival and they should not complain when their relatives back in their home country expect much from them.

And if you feel the abroad you live isn't favoring you, you have every damn right to go back to Nigeria and try harder there, who knows you might end up becoming Governor or Senator in your state and start to loot money like every other APC politician is doing right now angry

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Vikalinda(m): 10:51am On Aug 22, 2020
I think one of the problem is most of them abroad had always presented it as if all is well with them, when you snap and send beautiful park to us what are you expecting from us, even when you stay in any Nigerian city and upload beautiful Photoshop local relatives will asked for help thinking you have made it, except those that understand. Another factor is past mentality, we use to think that once you are abroad it is a done deal, but not so, I was chatting with a brother on Facebook yesterday from Europe who was complaining bitterly how hard thing are because of coronavirus. that mentality is changing gradually.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Kingchineme6(m): 10:51am On Aug 22, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

If it's very easy I bet you will be in the Arabian desert by now hustling like there's no tomorrow grin
I want you to come and taste and see.

Thomas grin
Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by TheGuyFromHR: 10:51am On Aug 22, 2020
paulolee:
they are in advanced counties than Nigeria and dts Y we keep disturbing them but truly its not easy for them overthere..
was chatting with ma gee dts working in u k and he said since this year he had send a total of 50,000 pounds to his family in Nigeria and he sounded asif he's being stressed..
i told him dt he should not worry and think abt it too much bcoz they are his family and dts the price he would pay for working there..

50,000 pounds??!!!!
Difficult to believe.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Jaqenhghar: 10:52am On Aug 22, 2020
Ategberoson:

until you experience someone you don't offend shoot you while catching fun before you know, no where is safe

are people not dying in USA? one would think Africa covid-19 death toll would be on the high side compare to USA, Africa continent don't even record death reach USA

if abroad is that sweet, E-money and others won't be here. alaye make your money and enjoy what you're running abroad for
The difference between dying and dying unecessarily. One person dies there na issue. Over in naija 100 peole die, you shrug it off. See you are so accustomed to death and mediocrisy that you accept it.

The likes of E money cannot live in sane climes for 2 reasons
1. No matter how much he flaunts, no one honestly cares or will look at him twice.
2. Flaunting wealth without any known source of income is an invitation for trouble. Instead of having admirers na investigations you dey invite

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 22, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I retired to Nigeria after living in the USA for 33 years. People on here loose their combined minds when I tell them that I am living my best life in Nigeria.

I love Nigeria, she's not perfect but she's Gods own country to me and to others who work/worked hard.
I always don't want to hear your story
the funniest thing is you're saying nothing but the Truth
we that want to go abroad now you've discouraged us grin
And our country is not helping

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Amalekki: 10:52am On Aug 22, 2020
emkz:

I know and I know some who ran away from Europe despite having good jobs because they were paying too much taxes. I am educating people on the end game for those who go abroad without a plan, and they are in the majority. Fault that if you please.
Tax is a stupid excuse to leave a society that works. This has been analyzed several times on nairaland. Tax is one of the major reasons behind those subtle & obvious differences between Nigeria & the developed world. Don't live abroad with a Nigerian mindset - integrate properly when you get there & stop recreating your own Sapele, Oshogbo or Abakaliki in those countries.

Indians, Pakistanis, Lebanese, Russians, Chinese etc are collectively running a chunk of the economy of wherever they go but stupid Naijaman is a lone ranger with perpetual immigrant mindset. We never integrate & we are surrounded by empty barrels who can't see beyond their stomach. Everybody is decidedly self centered the way we are at home and it's always "I better pass my neighbor" and always looking for shortcuts. Story long abeg!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by monfizzy(m): 10:53am On Aug 22, 2020
It’s crazy. I live in the U.K. working full time and also studying full time and although I don’t have family responsibilities as all my siblings are doing great for themselves na my friends wan kill me. And even though I regularly assist sometimes when you don’t give you get the feeling that they’re unhappy with you. Not cool. Until the lockdown in March when school went remotely online I had just 3-4hours sleep daily just to put up with life. Mana nsogbu adiro.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Nnemuka(f): 10:54am On Aug 22, 2020
Those ones In Europe dey suffer pass Nigerians living in Nigeria especially UK based Naija

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Kingchineme6(m): 10:54am On Aug 22, 2020
Jefferyhi86:
I once had an encounter with one handsome man who bought a land close to me, after purchasing the landed property he wanted to be sure he's buying it from a genuine source he simply to the man in pidgin '"epa I no get time to de drag with person for court cos if this land no genuine Na ur life u go take pay" after sometime we meet again I had to remind home that d way he sounded to that man was a bit harsh, he was like my brother d way I de hustle for my money for Spain no be child's play NA DEAD BODY I DE WASH FOR THERE,
To wash dead body na better job nah angry, if naija guys here for uae see the opportunity to wash the thing dem go rush am. I swear sad

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Joemetry(m): 10:55am On Aug 22, 2020
HappyCanadian:
Everyday request for money from friends especially on Facebook whenever they see me online grin

The problem with our people abroad is that they want you to be dependent on them.

Like I had a guy we hustled together here hoping to gather enough to move out but always getting the no from the visa issuers.

Now his elder brother got lucky and a friend of his helped him move to the UK and the elder brother eventually helped him move.

All the arrangement was do before he told me 4 days to his movement.

Now he promised to also help me move ooo, but all he does is £20, £50 to my friends PayPal for 3 or 4 of us.

When I beg him to help me move he'll say God's time is the best.

Fear humans!!!

I am not giving up though.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by HeavenlyHolines(m): 10:55am On Aug 22, 2020
Abroad oooo,no place like home if you have a job or investment that gives u above #500k a month all things being equal

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by OlawaleBammie: 10:55am On Aug 22, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

So true. I remember when 8 frist moved to Abuja. Anyone I tell that I stay in abj the first thing they will say ids " big boy" dem no know say they are better off than me

Whenever my people talk about me living far ahead and away, I always remember to tell them that Na inside bush I dey oo, a go even make it fast to let them know that a b bush boygrin

Make someone no come kobami cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by themaestro08(m): 10:56am On Aug 22, 2020
Kingchineme6:
bring money make I do UAE visa for you.
potential scam: BEWARE!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 22, 2020
monfizzy:
It’s crazy. I live in the U.K. working full time and also studying full time and although I don’t have family responsibilities as all my siblings are doing great for themselves na my friends wan kill me. And even though I regularly assist sometimes when you don’t give you get the feeling that they’re unhappy with you. Not cool. Until the lockdown in March when school went remotely online I had just 3-4hours daily just to put up with life. Mana nsogbu adiro.
OK good now
Let take it from here
From your own perspective how is life over there in abroad to you
Let hear from an outsider
Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Offpoint: 10:57am On Aug 22, 2020
lefulefu:
its not even everybody abroad who has irresponsible relations back home.There some families who are doing well for themselves and they have sons and dauthters overseas but they dont bother them for anything.if u have pestering relations back home na to quickly block them for fone.no be by force cheesy
Ah, daddy so you'll soon block me... Ah abasi mbok
Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Jaqenhghar: 10:59am On Aug 22, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Whenever my people talk about me living far ahead and away, I always remember to tell them that Na inside bush I dey oo, a go even make it fast to let them know that a b bush boygrin

Make someone no come kobami cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin abeg explain yourself sharply . Cant blame you
Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Jaqenhghar: 11:00am On Aug 22, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
let us go first
I like to see things with my two eyes cheesy
Honestly you should. Nobody is saying go and stay just see things. No matter how many pics or stories. It os best you experience things yourself.
Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 22, 2020
Kingchineme6:
I want you to come and taste and see.

Thomas grin
Taste and see what
That my fellow Nigerians are suffering on the coast of Arabian desert cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by humilitypays(m): 11:01am On Aug 22, 2020
Vikalinda:
I think one of the problem is most of them abroad had always presented it as if all is well with them, when you snap and send beautiful park to us what are you expecting from us, even when you stay in any Nigerian city and upload beautiful Photoshop local relatives will asked for help thinking you have made it, except those that understand. Another factor is past mentality, we use to think that once you are abroad it is a done deal, but not so, I was chatting with a brother on Facebook yesterday from Europe who was complaining bitterly how hard thing are because of coronavirus. that is gradually changing.
Don't let people deceive you with their cry cry life, there is no country in Europe or even some Asia that Nigeria is better than when it comes to working and getting paid and availability of jobs to do.

Some lazy people complain that US is not rosy, they are just lazy and not ready to work.

Developed countries like US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Netherlands, Norway, South Korea, Japan, Ireland, etc are not meant for lazy people who hate to work but love to party and live luxury life.

If you are hardworking and ready to work you can never be broke or complain when living on the aforementioned countries unlike Nigeria where lazy criminals with corrupt opportunities end up the richest while honest hardworking people end up poorest.

Abroad reward hardwork.

The only people that face some challenges abroad are those without legal papers to work legally or move around freely, but still they are far better than majority of Nigerian graduates roaming the streets without job and those working and earning peanut that cannot acquire them a decent car or a decent house to live.

So don't listen to most Nigerians abroad complaining, most of them are lazy, some have committed a lot of crime that spoilt their records so they cannot get legal job except they do crime or engage in illegal business deals angry

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by izibili44: 11:01am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:
you mad gan. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Offpoint: 11:01am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:
That's a really cruel thing to say.. cry
Sorry dear, it's a cruel world filled up with so many cruel people.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by OlawaleBammie: 11:01am On Aug 22, 2020
ekwerendi:

50k pounds? He must be very generous...

AHH me sef dey see am oo

Even Ronaldo, if u comot £50k from his akant he go feel am for 11 months grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by 4gunners(m): 11:02am On Aug 22, 2020
emkz:
I remember when I lived abroad and was unfortunate to be in a relationship with someone back home. She calculated my earnings, deducted the costs of my rent, fuel and feeding, and requested I sent her the rest. She wanted to spend it on a lavish lifestyle to impress people and on her new relationship since I wasn't around.

When I returned to Nigeria, I fed better, lived better and had savings. Many of the folks back home fail to realise that many abroad work multiple jobs to live fairly comfortably and the taxes are high. I knew a man who worked as a taxi driver during the day and in the restaurant at night, I knew many who sold drugs, I saw some who worked as cleaners in the mornings and in care homes in the afternoons, there were some whose jobs were looking for customers to cut or braid their hair, even some who picked plastic bottles to sell and many of the women in prostitution. They would go to discount shops to purchase clothes at a bargain and some even go to second-hand shops. Then someone in Nigeria would send a message for money to make downpayment for iPhone 16.
This entitlement mentality by female folks is nauseating. They feel cos u are in a relationship with then then you should become their ATM. I hope you left the toxic relationship.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 22, 2020
J111333:
I support you jare and if they don't pick when you call them, enter plane go there go give them dirty slaps for not sending you dollars. grin
was actually expecting this your comic reply on this. Lol.
You dey strongly against entitlement mentality so I no say you go give them gbas gbos.

I sent you a mail sir but I realized you don't want to talk about it which is OK by me, I understand.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 22, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Honestly you should. Nobody is saying go and stay just see things. No matter how many pics or stories. It os best you experience things yourself.
God bless you my brother
Some Will complain that abroad no good and whereas na abroad money dey come spend for Nigeria here
Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Basalt(m): 11:04am On Aug 22, 2020
Queenslander:

No be when they answer you?
If you call too much, they will block you or blacklist you. Everybody in abroad is too busy to be pushed around by some people who think money grows on trees. Nobody owes you any shit.
If you think is that easy, the road to abroad is still open, go your own go pick money for tree
Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by Angelfrost(m): 11:04am On Aug 22, 2020
It's always a choice... Live your life for yourself to the fullest, or suffer through living to please others!!!

The problem is that many of us always like to impress, and live for the approval of others... That's the foundation of a frustrated existence.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad by 4gunners(m): 11:05am On Aug 22, 2020
humilitypays:
Don't let people deceive you with their cry cry life, there is no country in Europe or even some Asia that Nigeria is better than when it comes to working and getting paid and availability of jobs to do.

Some lazy people complain that US is not rosy, they are just lazy and not ready to work.

Developed countries like US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Netherlands, Norway, South Korea, Japan, Ireland, etc are not meant for lazy people who hate to work but love to party and live luxury life.

If you are hardworking and ready to work you can never be broke or complain when living on the aforementioned countries unlike Nigeria where lazy criminals with corrupt opportunities end up the richest while honest hardworking people end up poorest.

Abroad reward hardwork.

The only people that face some challenges abroad are those without legal papers to work legally or move around freely, but still they are far better than majority of Nigerian graduates roaming the streets without job and those working and earning peanut that cannot acquire them a decent car or a decent house to live.

So don't listen to most Nigerians abroad complaining, most of them are lazy, some have committed a lot of crime that spoilt their records so they cannot get legal job except they do crime or engage in illegal business deals angry
Those that have relations abroad should also stop having over bloated entitlement to the funds of those abroad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Woman Dies In A Kano Park While Boarding Bus To Katsina State. Graphic Photos / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me / Train And Trailer Collide In Aba (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.