Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi (53484 Views)

Adams Oshiomole Drops Presidential Ambition, Aligns With Tinubu - Thisday / Tinubu’s Missing Asset Declaration And Perils Of Pecuniary Journalism By Kperogi / Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by airminem(f): 10:59am On Aug 26, 2020
It comes after you

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by hush15: 11:00am On Aug 26, 2020
Queenlovely:
lie

maybe it's true

we are living in an Orwellian animal farm.

two legs bad, 4 leg good

what about the chicken with 2 legs

Who said chicken had two legs! The remaining two just happens to be wings na. Even man na four e get before he started knowing how to stand upright.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by highflyer012020: 11:01am On Aug 26, 2020
please read your history very well, ojukwu who fought civil war against Nigerian state wouldn't have come back nor contest for senate or presidency, if he was not given presidential Pardon by president shagari. my question now is who has given Tinubu a presidential pardon for the statement ?
seunmsg:

Ojukwu fought a bloody and senseless war for about three years after which he ran away to Ivory Coast. He came back to Nigeria some years later and shamelessly contested for a seat in the senate and even the presidency of the country he fought to breakup. Deservedly, he lost both but the point is, he still contested for the president of one Nigeria. So, what’s the big deal in Tinubu’s statement. Is hypocrisy the second nature of you Igbos?

7 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Angelfrost(m): 11:01am On Aug 26, 2020
So??! Even Buhari doesn't believe in one Nigeria!!! Whether or not he verbalizes it, his actions say it all.

Tinubu doesn't have to believe in the lie or pipe dream called One Nigeria in order to lead this nation well and successfully!!!

Honestly, a hateful foreigner like Putin or Kim Jong-Un would do a far better job of leading this nation than the present and past leaders...

Abeg, leave Tinubu be jor!!! He never said anything wrong!!!

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Shizzyguy: 11:03am On Aug 26, 2020
One of the things that we really need to respect in Nigeria is that people have a right to change their minds. Our opinions and convictions on certain matters or issues can change based on new evidence or information, paradigm shift or even a change in situation.

It is even possible that the statement was taken out of context based on what we know about journalism in Nigeria. I wish I could read the full article

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Angelfrost(m): 11:04am On Aug 26, 2020
Awol1:
I wanted to write long comment but I realized Tinubu will NEVER be Nigerian President.

So no need.

Imagine they found this about Peter Obi

Never say Never!!! Tinubu has every right and chance to lead the nation.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by mu2sa2: 11:04am On Aug 26, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:

SHUT UP THERE!!!
See yaself.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by seunmsg(m): 11:06am On Aug 26, 2020
highflyer012020:
please read your history very well, ojukwu who fought civil war against Nigerian state wouldn't have come back nor contest for senate or presidency, if he was not given presidential Pardon by president shagari. my question now is who has given Tinubu a presidential pardon for the statement ?

Tinubu is not a fugitive and has not committed treason against the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He does'nt need a presidential pardon to contest for any election.

4 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by stormborn28(m): 11:06am On Aug 26, 2020
He will believe now since he is benefiting just like Obasanjo who said he will die for Nigeria.. Constant allocation to him..

You can hardly find selfless leaders in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by chachanga: 11:06am On Aug 26, 2020
Awol1:
I wanted to write long comment but I realized Tinubu will NEVER be Nigerian President.

So no need.

Imagine they found this about Peter Obi

The dead meat seller would probably throw a fit and choke. grin

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by mascot87(m): 11:06am On Aug 26, 2020
Esseite:

Would you have requested for full interview if it was a "Peter Obi" headline..

What else could he have said that warranted such a line sentence?.

Who is Peter Obi?
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Klington: 11:06am On Aug 26, 2020
He has a date with history for the wrong reason.

Karma has everyone's house address.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Kestolove(m): 11:07am On Aug 26, 2020
I have never liked him....ole, Nigeria sai osinbajo
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Angelfrost(m): 11:08am On Aug 26, 2020
seunmsg:
Post the full interview and stop trying to bamboozle us with sensational headline.

You cannot bring a headline from an interview granted during the military era without posting the full details. We need to understand the context in which he made the statement.

See this one... Would you be asking for anything more than a headline if it were someone from the opposition??!

You see why objectivity and neutrality pays sometimes.

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by KunleyY19(m): 11:08am On Aug 26, 2020
Post the full article let us read by ourselves...

Buhari said worse and he's in Aso rock today...

Before election always court attention and obviously Jagaban is even having a field day already in this regards. That alone is a pointer...

Politics is deeper than we think... Politicians backtrack on their words every now and then and I am not surprised...

In today's context, that statement would be wrong but under the military era where Democracy was frustrated it must have been applauded sef...

Tinubu normally abhors disdain for Military supporting Buhari in 2015 was a matter of When the desired is not available, the available becomes the desired...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by fredoooooo: 11:09am On Aug 26, 2020
Keep crying , when he said that how many of you fools believe it ? Was it not that you see no future because PDP was in powe? now una dey cry , ekun legbere n sun ku( na cry leprechaun dey cry till death) ... many of you are daft the only thing you have is to shout, speak good English and to blame ..

2 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by eagleeye2: 11:09am On Aug 26, 2020
Racoon:
These are the characteristics of the average Nigerian politician.Wicked hypocrites!
They all spoke the truth, especially Fashola. But unfortunately, greed couldn't make them stand by the truth.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by fergie001: 11:10am On Aug 26, 2020
Things dey happen ooooo lipsrsealed
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Angelfrost(m): 11:10am On Aug 26, 2020
Queenlovely:
lie

maybe it's true

we are living in an Orwellian animal farm.

two legs bad, 4 leg good

what about the chicken with 2 legs

...Or the fact that Napoleon is always right!!!

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by LZAA: 11:12am On Aug 26, 2020
Please where is sarrkigrin
Cc imhotep iceberg3 blackking98 ebenezar2020 Afamed helinues

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 26, 2020
Angelfrost:

Never say Never!!! Tinubu has every right and chance to lead the nation.

Right, 100 percent.

Chance, NEVER! In capital letter.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by dazzlingd(m): 11:13am On Aug 26, 2020
and so, 1997 is not 2020. Tines have changed, obviously perspectives have changed

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Sannisege: 11:14am On Aug 26, 2020
seunmsg:
Post the full interview and stop trying to bamboozle us with sensational headline.

You cannot bring a headline from an interview granted during the military era without posting the full details. We need to understand the context in which he made the statement.

It was even Abacha era

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by anonimi: 11:14am On Aug 26, 2020
Joshmodest:
@op do you ??
Accept or not Nigeria is a country that was never meant to be one , two. three or even 30 ...
fragment us into 40 units , people would still call for division ....
We were all just forced to stay together against our wish !!
I don't like the bourdillion chimpanzee but he's right on this !!

You missed the point with your conclusion.
ThiefNuibu was only saying what was convenient for him to say at the time. He has been quiet and some will say working against restructuring, because he thinks, like every other southerner before him that has been used & dumped by the northern owners of Naijeriya, that he has a chance at the 2023 presidency.
Check out El-Rufai also below as he changes like a chameleon for restructuring based on what he is looking for.
Ditto for Tambuwal and even Buhari.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2343594_buharitruefederalismpromise_jpegc85970dabfc1bf2df5d730398a429913

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5571038_img20170629182543_jpegc7cee53f72c378e14af98da419eb2508

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5571039_img20170629182528_jpeg2b5f3db35e78dbd5c003c53dd3f908cc

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6391698_tambuwalrestructuring_jpegc6af4e2125473f59f0ecf507831b34f8

2 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by stormborn28(m): 11:14am On Aug 26, 2020
mu2sa2:
OP, please quote the full excerpts of the interview for the reader to know the context in which Tinubu made the alleged statement.
One may also ask: Was he misquoted? Did he refute the report after publication?
May God continue to bless our dear native land of Nigeria and decimate her detractors.
keep quiet

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 26, 2020
fredoooooo:
Keep crying , when he said that how many of you fools believe it ? Was it not that you see no future because PDP was in powe? now una dey cry , even legbere n sun ku( na cry leprechaun dey cry till death) ... many of you are daft the only thing you have is to shout, speak good English and to blame ..

PDP was in power in 1997?

Chai! I can't believe I'm sharing Nairaland with so many kids!

4 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Sannisege: 11:16am On Aug 26, 2020
Kestolove:
I have never liked him....ole, Nigeria sai osinbajo
Olosho sef dey give opinion for politics
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Nicepoker(m): 11:17am On Aug 26, 2020
goodnessme1:
Nothing special here.

Awolowo also said if Igbos leave then yorubas will also leave.

but when Igbos leave,him and his people joined force with north to attack Igbos.

Na Yoruba Way Of Life.
When Awo and Ahmadu bello decided to go back to regional government. zik referred to them as ethinic champions.

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by BIEYA: 11:17am On Aug 26, 2020
You can bring out more NEXT President Jagaban all the way
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by anonimi: 11:17am On Aug 26, 2020
Obalatule:
He didn't believe in one Nigeria until he started benefiting from one Nigeria

Na so o, boss. cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9827523_img20190714144757edit_jpegb2daddd293389a9f46d444781678f1bb

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Female Nigerian Soldiers Dance To Kizz Daniel "Madu" To Celebrate The New Month / CCTV Footage Shows Military Started Fire At Lekki Toll Gate / I Just Tweeted, No Shaking - Fayose Tells AGF Malami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.