Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi (53503 Views)

Adams Oshiomole Drops Presidential Ambition, Aligns With Tinubu - Thisday / Tinubu’s Missing Asset Declaration And Perils Of Pecuniary Journalism By Kperogi / Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 26, 2020
Farouk kperogi Mr investigative journalist
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by stormborn28(m): 11:18am On Aug 26, 2020
Obalatule:
He didn't believe in one Nigeria until he started benefiting from one Nigeria
yes ooooooooo.. Na so we see am

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by dazzlingd(m): 11:18am On Aug 26, 2020
Shizzyguy:
One of the things that we really need to respect in Nigeria is that people have a right to change their minds. Our opinions and convictions on certain matters or issues can change based on new evidence or information, paradigm shift or even a change in situation.

It is even possible that the statement was taken out of context based on what we know about journalism in Nigeria. I wish I could read the full article

May the oil in your head never run dry
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by ofuonyebi: 11:19am On Aug 26, 2020
One evil thing about Nigerians is that when you hate someone so much, you don't remember all the good he had done for so many

I don't know this man called TINUBU....and his ASS had never done any good for me or relations...BUT RECORDS abound that he is the ONLY LIVING NIGERIAN POLITICAL LEADER that has raised and mentored GREAT NIGERIAN LEADERS than anyone here

Then, why do we wish him dead?.....The great and yet to be answered NATIONAL QUESTION IS?.....ARE WE TRULY ONE NIGERIA EVEN TODAY?

Lets stop the sentiments of yesterday and face the reality of today....where is that Nigerian that will be put in PUBLIC OFFICE who will not speak from the two sides of his/her mouth....even against their conscience?......Ask late Tai Solarin & Wole Soyinka of the IBB REGIME

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Sandra4luv: 11:19am On Aug 26, 2020
I so much love this man call Farooq Kperog, God will bless you sir for bringing out his atrocities about Nigeria and this is the man that want to become Nigeria president grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by oje0734: 11:20am On Aug 26, 2020
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by pmoye(m): 11:21am On Aug 26, 2020
Reminds one of Odimegwu Ojukwu and his presidential ambition in his latter years. Reminds one of Muhammadu Buhari and his late professed commitment to democracy.

KEVIND:
By Farooq Kperogi.

https://mobile.twitter.com/farooqkperogi/status/1298435659930243072
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by MosheDayan: 11:21am On Aug 26, 2020
Esseite:

Would you have requested for full interview if it was a "Peter Obi" headline..

What else could he have said that warranted such a line sentence?.
dont mind the children of lucifer grin grin
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Dedetwo(m): 11:21am On Aug 26, 2020
Coldie:

I am full blooded Igbo from Nigeria.

You are ipob Jew, I am in my country Nigeria u should go back to your country isreal

Bro recheck the result of your DNA test. If you have not done so, please I pray you do.

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by anonimi: 11:22am On Aug 26, 2020
mu2sa2:
OP, please quote the full excerpts of the interview for the reader to know the context in which Tinubu made the alleged statement.
One may also ask: Was he misquoted? Did he refute the report after publication?
May God continue to bless our dear native land of Nigeria and decimate her detractors.

Decimate her detractors like the three owners of the Fulani Republic of Naijeriya, FRN below

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12157404_429f9fb1dd6b4a2f8ab3562c207f4677_jpeg_jpeg2cc19830ac1afca344234b0a51a50e60

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2197070_stopkillingbokoharammembers2_jpeg5f078169b2de9f9501c7a9bbf6933c41

[img]https://sawabiyanewsspacegirl.files./2019/05/screenshot_20190507-0233471653250304.png[/img]

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Sandra4luv: 11:22am On Aug 26, 2020
ofuonyebi:
One evil thing about Nigerians is that when you hate someone so much, you don't remember all the good he had done for so many

I don't know this man called TINUBU....and his ASS had never done any good for me or relations...BUT RECORDS abound that he is the ONLY LIVING NIGERIAN POLITICAL LEADER that has raised and mentored GREAT NIGERIAN LEADERS than anyone here

Then, why do we wish him dead?.....The great and yet to be answered NATIONAL QUESTION IS?.....ARE WE TRULY ONE NIGERIA EVEN TODAY?

Lets stop the sentiments of yesterday and face the reality of today....where is that Nigerian that will be put in PUBLIC OFFICE who will not speak from the two sides of his/her mouth....even against their conscience?......Ask late Tai Solarin & Wole Soyinka of the IBB REGIME

How do u want to know him since you want to eat out from the National cake ,you want to support his presidential ambition
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Ajibel(m): 11:22am On Aug 26, 2020
Think9ja:
No "SANE" Nigerian believes in one Nigeria.

Nigerians who believe in one Nigeria are either foolish or beneficiaries of the flawed system

Your username is Think9ja lipsrsealed
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by GeneralPula: 11:22am On Aug 26, 2020
Awol1:
I wanted to write long comment but I realized Tinubu will NEVER be Nigerian President.

So no need.

Imagine they found this about Peter Obi
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by wellmax(m): 11:25am On Aug 26, 2020
One thing I see here, Tinubu has been relevant for a long time.

Hate him or love him, he has paid his dues politically

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by thedio(m): 11:25am On Aug 26, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
If this is surprising to you guys, then it means this forum is filled with kids very new to Nigeria political situation.

For your own information, Tinubu has been in fore front of sovereign national conference. His voice for it when Jonathan was president
and Jonathan refusal to heed that call made me hate Jonathan. My only surprise is that Tinubu all of a sudden jettisoned that idea immidiately
they enthroned Buhari. He behaved just like every other Southern leader whose voice become faded once he enjoys the crumbles that come from the president office. Whether he still harbour the plan should they look his way in 2023 is what I don't know. But he aught to know that the North will be smart to know that. Silence in the face obvious truth is to me stupid. It is the same character exhibited by his supporters. They all know Nigeria is not working but are fixed with 2023 event. Just nonsense to say the least.

We can continue to pretend as the country continue to go on a merry go round. Yesterday I just read about Northern Cyprus systematically exploiting Nigerians to build their country using Education and I just shook my head.
Thou I am surprised that Tinubu keep mute on SNC but another thing is, as national leader of APC be it formal or informal can he champion what is not in APC agenda.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by stormborn28(m): 11:26am On Aug 26, 2020
seunmsg:
Post the full interview and stop trying to bamboozle us with sensational headline.

You cannot bring a headline from an interview granted during the military era without posting the full details. We need to understand the context in which he made the statement.

shaaaraaapp... I condemn any nonsense from my area and region.. There shouldn't be sentiment about it... I'm from the south south... When Akpabio had a fleece with his subordinate in NDDC I was here to lambaste the foolish He-goat.. Also with James Ibori who is a known thief.. Now forgetting Adams Oshiomole whose lies is high up in heaven.. How can you tell us someone is a thief and a cultist, the useless he-goat decided to sell him to us... Is that not a big shame on his status as a father and an elder? Nonsense everywhere

3 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by hush15: 11:26am On Aug 26, 2020
KEVIND:
By Farooq Kperogi.

https://mobile.twitter.com/farooqkperogi/status/1298435659930243072

https://www.nairaland.com/post/93127330

Here, Babachir Lawal helps us understand the very type of person who Tinubu is. Again I quote in his own words

here is Babachir own words and I quote:

"Rallies don’t win elections. It is the underground work that wins elections. Almost the same thing repeated itself in 2019. Tinubu doesn’t like to take credit for what he does; he lives for politics, gets his money from politics and spends it on politics. He has no other interest except politics. The monies he spent out of his pocket that are unaccounted for outside of the party’s campaign finances, are quite enormous. I know this because he’s my friend and because I am also involved in the Buhari government. So when there is a crisis, I am the one whose duty is to run to the South-West."

This is man who is only patriotic to where his interest lies, politics. Politics is all that he knows and lives for according to this man. The bad thing about such men is power cos absolute power in their hands is, I can't even the words for it. I can only tell Nigerians not to make the mistake they made with Buhari, not to make that same mistake with Tinubu cos it will be child's play compared to that of Tinubu.

That's all I have to say for now.

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 26, 2020
seunmsg:

Yes. I have always advocated that people should read beyond the headline. Even if it was Nnamdi Kanu, I would still like to read the full interview and understand the context. Headlines in Nigeria are largely sensational and misleading.
Sensational headline is not just a Nigeria thing.

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by richeeyo(m): 11:27am On Aug 26, 2020
Awol1:
I wanted to write long comment but I realized Tinubu will NEVER be Nigerian President.

So no need.

No igbo man Sha rule Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by lomprico(m): 11:27am On Aug 26, 2020
Sowore comes to mind.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by anonimi: 11:28am On Aug 26, 2020
Shizzyguy:
One of the things that we really need to respect in Nigeria is that people have a right to change their minds. Our opinions and convictions on certain matters or issues can change based on new evidence or information, paradigm shift or even a change in situation.

It is even possible that the statement was taken out of context based on what we know about journalism in Nigeria. I wish I could read the full article

You are really trying too hard to twist and turn your explanation into something remotely reasonable.
Keep trying.
Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by 35824L: 11:28am On Aug 26, 2020
Nwaotu10:

You can say whatever you like, gentleman. Tinubu can only lead oduduwa republic! Hypocrites!
5% opinion.

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Dedetwo(m): 11:28am On Aug 26, 2020
spiralwedge:
There is nothing surprising there.

This is not as worse as Late Col. Emeka Ojukwu, who also didn't believe in one Nigeria, seceded and was the President of a country for 3 years only to come back after many years to run for senatorial seat, which he lost.

Similar to General M. Buhari (rtd) who said Buhari did not loot, fiercely supported Sharia and stood heavily behind Boko Haram in their initial days, and then suddenly became the President of the country who is saddled to stop the same Boko Haram and gladly receives Abacha's loots.

The truth is that no Nigerian believes in one Nigeria, some are hiding it to look good or just manage what our forefathers handed over to us.

This is the sense of value which sees Nigeria in a slippery slope of idiocy. At least, Ojukwu fought against the nonsensical slogan. In addition, Ojukwu sought to represent his people of Nnewi but they seemed to have better ideas than his.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by mypains: 11:29am On Aug 26, 2020
Awol1:

So no need.

YOU KNOW the people behind this? Northerners.

They are the ones that released this image. I didn't see any Southerner as the originator.

One igbo lady even asked "why didn't they release it during 2014 and 2019 campaign when he was helping Buhari's dream. Why now? “

As much as I feel her question is genuine, I would say she is stupid for asking such question cos it's none of her business.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Psoul(m): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2020
The excerpts says he ran away from Nigeria and was ranting from London.
Why didn't he stay back in Nigeria and face that government.
Was he not a coward to fled Nigeria and was making noise from diaspora?

Let me see anyone from the 'Wastern" Part of the country that will talk rubbish about why Nnamdi Kanu will not come to Nigeria to face this Regime.

Ndi Ara.

5 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by anonimi: 11:31am On Aug 26, 2020
seunmsg:
Post the full interview and stop trying to bamboozle us with sensational headline.
You cannot bring a headline from an interview granted during the military era without posting the full details. We need to understand the context in which he made the statement.

The full interview is there for you to read sir.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by ORBLIGHTS(m): 11:31am On Aug 26, 2020
C GUYMAN HEAD LIKE KOROCASHEW BABA NA BOSS THO wink
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Guyman02: 11:32am On Aug 26, 2020
Situational patriots indeed, fake ass Taqqiya Yoruba Muslim politician, believe him at your own risk.

See his home picture here while he makes noise in Lagos cool

3 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by simpleseyi: 11:33am On Aug 26, 2020
Awol1:

So no need.

Same thing you said about Buhari and he humilaited you on two consecutive occassions back-to-back. The nightamre has given you hallucinations.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

PUNCH Newspaper Set To SMUGGLE Gov Sullivan Chime Back To Enugu / Osun Rerun: White Handkerchief As A Sign Of Vote Buying (Photos) / Kosisochukwu Anioma Wasn't Kidnaped, Went To Owerri To Visit A Friend (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.