Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,751 members, 7,827,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? (37927 Views)

Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! / My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by TGMISKY(m): 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2020
I've experienced it twice and I have to say that it is a horrible and unpleasant experience. I don't know the cause though.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Image123(m): 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
kingxsamz:

Spiritual that can't take Nigeria out of poverty, that one is useless.

The spiritual is a realm, not a religion duhh. It is not meant to take countries out of poverty. Your ignorance is perplexing.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by PROPHETmichael: 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
manychallenges:
I first experienced it when I was so young, I think when I was just around 6 years old, it was few minutes after we finished vigil in church, yeah, I first experienced it right inside the church. I was just lying there conscious but I couldn't moved any parts of my body but after few seconds, I regained my freedom, and till now I haven't told anyone about it.

And since then, I've been experiencing sleep paralysis but not everyday, maybe once or twice in months, even sometimes weeks.

And I always felt someone or creature or spirit pinning me down, it always very difficult for me to do anything or move at all despite the fact that am awake, this ain't exaggeration, I always feels/felt someone pinning me down during the periods.

This morning own was something else, it was as if the someone is into me somehow, I slept on my side, and I felt someone pinning me down from back like aggressively cuddling me. It was horrified. My asshole is even doing me somehow or its just my mind playing trick. Only heard about spirit wife, is there gay spirit as well? embarassed

I don't sleep naked and am a male of 26. Is sleep paralysis normal or my own could be spiritual? Am a Christian but not "real" Christian like that, only go to church once awhile.

God should just have mercy on me, I've been going through a lot couple challenges and this is even least of them.

What do you think?

Not normal bro! You are under spiritual attack. You need to take your prayer life serious because you are slacking in that aspect. If you don't put an end to that gay attacked, you will start having rectal bleeding (Go and write this down).

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Hotzone(m): 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
Sometimes it appears like cobwebs around ur head

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
KingAzubuike:
There's nothing spiritual about sleep paralysis. There's nothing like juju or jazz... There's nothing like demons. These are all myths, they are folktales

As for sleep paralysis, during the deepest phase of sleep which is REM, a neurotransmitter called glycine is released limit the body's motor function and render muscles immobile.

As for the sensation of something sitting on your chest which y'all tag as demons, that’s usually because of the way breathing is regulated in REM sleep. Because the neurotransmitter has been limiting your diaphragm to rhythmic, shallow breaths, you might feel like you can’t breathe deeply... laboured breathing which may seem as though something is pressing down and keeping your lungs from filling up with air. Unfortunately all these church people will say it's demons sitting on your chest.
well, I think you should visit a native doctor or a pastor that performs magic, tell him to.touch you, when you fall and don't know how you fell, then come back and rephrase this statement.

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by LaReinaa(f): 10:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
Kalatium:
Its natural not spiritual

Sleep researchers conclude that, in most cases, sleep paralysis is simply a sign that your body is not moving smoothly through the stages of sleep . Rarely is sleep paralysis linked to deep underlying psychiatric problems.

Over the centuries, symptoms of sleep paralysis have been described in many ways and often attributed to an "evil" presence: unseen night demons in ancient times, the old hag in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet , and alien abductors. Almost every culture throughout history has had stories of shadowy evil creatures that terrify helpless humans at night.

People have long sought explanations for this mysterious sleep -time paralysis and the accompanying feelings of terror.

However, Sleep paralysis is a feeling of being conscious but unable to move. It occurs when a person passes between stages of wakefulness and sleep.

During these transitions, you may be unable to move or speak for a few seconds up to a few minutes. Some people may also feel pressure or a sense of choking.

Sleep paralysis may accompany other sleep disorders such as narcolepsy. Narcolepsy is an overpowering need to sleep caused by a problem with the brain's ability to regulate sleep.

As you can see it is a natural phenomena
It’s not by quoting what you read on google, pray you don’t experience it.. experience they say is the best teacher.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
KingAzubuike:
There's nothing spiritual about sleep paralysis. There's nothing like juju or jazz... There's nothing like demons. These are all myths, they are folktales

As for sleep paralysis, during the deepest phase of sleep which is REM, a neurotransmitter called glycine is released limit the body's motor function and render muscles immobile.

As for the sensation of something sitting on your chest which y'all tag as demons, that’s usually because of the way breathing is regulated in REM sleep. Because the neurotransmitter has been limiting your diaphragm to rhythmic, shallow breaths, you might feel like you can’t breathe deeply... laboured breathing which may seem as though something is pressing down and keeping your lungs from filling up with air. Unfortunately all these church people will say it's demons sitting on your chest.
There is Jazz and JuJu, all religion recognised their existence; even developed countries know they exit.

3 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by MrColdsweat: 10:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
Science will tell you what happens in you while you have the paralysis.

But science will never tell you who enters and moves around your room while you're having the paralysis.
When you wake up, you'll be almost certain that you felt someone in your room..

Religionists call that person succubus.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Joshmanuel10(m): 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
Slurity:
I WILL GIVE YOU AN ASSIGNMENT THAT WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTION. FROM NOW ON, MAKE SURE YOUR ROOM DOOR HAS A DOOR CURTAIN AND ALWAYS SLEEP FACING THE CURTAIN. NEST TIME YOUR FEEL HAVE SLEEP PARALYSIS AS YOU CALL IT AND IMMEDIATELY YOU STRUGGLE TO WAKE UP JUST LOOK STRAIGHT TO THE DOOR CURTAIN AND NEVER BLINK YOUR EYES. YOU WILL SEE THE SPIRIT LEAVING THE ROOM WITH A PUSH ASIDE SIGN ON THE CURTAIN AS IF SOMEONE IS LEAVING THE ROOM. NOTE THAT THE CURTAIN WILL PULL ASIDE OR OUTSIDE. KINDLY NOTE THAT THE PERSON THAT IS DOING THE EVIL PLAY WITH YOU IS ALSO SLEEPING SOMEWHERE NOT FAR FROM YOUR HOUSE. There are some sleeping position that make your body assessible by the spirit. Dont sleep facing up directly, dont sleep with your hands cross behind your head and dont cross your led while you sleep. IT IS A DEEP SPIRITUAL MANIPULATION. PRAY AGAINST IT. SHALLOM!
Rubbish
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by OKOATA(m): 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
Uzomacharles:

Confirm Lie
I experienced mine in a dark room lying beside my father
Well that’s because I never experience in the dark but the truth is what I stated.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Joshmanuel10(m): 10:42pm On Aug 29, 2020
MrColdsweat:
Science will tell you what happens in you while you have the paralysis.

But science will never tell you who enters and moves around your room while you're having the paralysis.
When you wake up, you'll be almost certain that you felt someone in your room..

Religionists call that person succubus.
Rubbish again succubus is related to sex and they ain't really what d Bleep are u ppl saying
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Blessingisrael: 10:42pm On Aug 29, 2020
manychallenges:
I first experienced it when I was so young, I think when I was just around 6 years old, it was few minutes after we finished vigil in church, yeah, I first experienced it right inside the church. I was just lying there conscious but I couldn't moved any parts of my body but after few seconds, I regained my freedom, and till now I haven't told anyone about it.

And since then, I've been experiencing sleep paralysis but not everyday, maybe once or twice in months, even sometimes weeks.

And I always felt someone or creature or spirit pinning me down, it always very difficult for me to do anything or move at all despite the fact that am awake, this ain't exaggeration, I always feels/felt someone pinning me down during the periods.

This morning own was something else, it was as if the someone is into me somehow, I slept on my side, and I felt someone pinning me down from back like aggressively cuddling me. It was horrified. My asshole is even doing me somehow or its just my mind playing trick. Only heard about spirit wife, is there gay spirit as well? embarassed

I don't sleep naked and am a male of 26. Is sleep paralysis normal or my own could be spiritual? Am a Christian but not "real" Christian like that, only go to church once awhile.

God should just have mercy on me, I've been going through a lot couple challenges and this is even least of them.

What do you think?

I didn't want to comment, but on a second thought, I think I will to help you. what you are experiencing is spiritual. I used to have lots of it from my secondary school days. until one day, after I have rededicated my life to Christ, it happened again, but this time around, the lord opened my eyes to see it it was a a dark looking monkey ugly looking creature. I jumped up, I didn't pray, I gave a command in the name of Jesus loudly asking it never to come back ever else it won't go scot free next time. it's been over 5 years I haven't experience that. you can handle it spiritually and win, or handle it on the face level and keep struggling . life is spiritual.

7 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by SirMichael1: 10:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
I think it's more spiritual 'cause I notice that if I don't pray for long and peradventure decide to pray an intensive prayer before I sleep, I'll get pressed and my voice taken from me. I know that it is when your prayer hits the demonic kingdom, then they attack you in your sleep and try to scare you. If your spiritual man is weak, you'll experience the paralysis.

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by MrColdsweat: 10:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
Odidigboigbo:
There is Jazz and JuJu, all religion recognised their existence; even developed countries know they exit.

We know this.

Alchemy birthed chemistry.

Ancient herbal practices birthed pharmacy.

Almost all branches of science came out of ancient diabolical practices.

Juju is the father of science.

3 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Uzomacharles: 10:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
I think is Spiritual and we shouldn't forget that Every Original Has A Counterfeit and the Spiritual Controls The Physical....

The way my experience dey no go be the way your experience dey....

It once happened to me in Village and only sons in that family Experienced this and our family was a type that any woman who gives birth to son must have a complication (either the woman die or the baby die)..

I will say is Spiritual and Evil Thing Cos I Don't See How Natural Thing Will Oppress You That Way....
Some People Slept And Didn't Wake Up And I'm Sure Os Because of these CASE...

I CUM IN PEACE
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by BENEAMATA: 10:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
The OP wrote that he first experience it at six years old while concious . And he also said that he always felt being pinned down and that today's occurence is worst so much as he felt being restrained from behind him while lying on his side . So then how do we explain feeling being physically held down by unseen external forces as the same as totally being unable to rise up 'cos you feel totally numb or paralysed from within ?

You can give answers now or try watching the based on true story film " THE ENTITY " before commenting , thanks .

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
LaReinaa:

Millions of people but obviously not you because if you’ve really had the experience before, you won’t have the gots to vomit that rubbish you just typed up there!

Na oversabi go kee you las las.
I pity you dumbo. Keep on believing nonsense demons and mambo jumbo. Brain dead fck, such a disgrace to sane women tueh.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Uzomacharles: 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
MrColdsweat:

We know this.
Alchemy birthed chemistry.
Ancient herbal practices birthed pharmacy.
Almost all branches of science came out of ancient diabolical practices.
Juju is the father of science.
Sure,Every Original Has A Counterfeit
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Drizzy5001(m): 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
E fit be say na ur ex dey do you or that girl wey u break her heart last year.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Joshmanuel10(m): 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
. Sleep paralysis may run in families. Other factors that may be linked to sleep paralysis include:
•Lack of sleep
•Sleep schedule that changes
•Mental conditions such as stress or bipolar disorder
•Sleeping on the back
•Other sleep problems such as narcolepsy or nighttime leg cramps
•Use of certain medications, such as those for ADHD
• Substance abuse
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Jman06(m): 10:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
SegFault:
It happens when you are about to sleep, I think it is like a bug in our system, your brain has sent you to sleep but you suddenly wake up and boom a stupid bug, nothing spiritual there. To prevent it, note the lying position in which it happens and stop sleeping in that position, it will reduce number two, get more sleep brother, sleep early, forget all these rubbish vigils and midnight casting and binding, they will only rob you of your sleep, you are an animal just like the other animals and therefore can't cheat nature.
I don't think lying position helps much because when I used to have that experience, it happened regardless of my lying position. I'll just experience the struggle from within like I'm fighting with someone until I wake up with a startle, sometimes hitting my hand against the mattress or wall.
I used to think the experience was spiritual but neurology books I have read suggest that it's a prank being played by my brain when it is waking up before my tired body.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Joshmanuel10(m): 10:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
LaReinaa:

Millions of people but obviously not you because if you’ve really had the experience before, you won’t have the gots to vomit that rubbish you just typed up there!

Na oversabi go kee you las las.
So do ppl die from it.... God see what ur Nigeria pastor are feeding this blind simps
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by King123456: 10:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
Right about same age I experienced it like once every weak. I strongly believe mine was as a result of bad sleeping habits. As a student I read a lot at night and now as an adult I work a lot or just stay awake all night browsing the web or watching videos. I have very bad sleeping habits and since I tried to correct it by going to bed earlier than I did and having good night rest it drastically stopped. I have not had a single experience this year. Last year was like twice. Work on your sleep habits and try to observe the sleeping positive where the paralysis usually occurs. Those are how I beat my case and not with any prayers or medicine.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by wonder233: 10:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
Nothing spiritual, it's perfectly natural
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by neonly: 10:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
Stop sleeping facing d wall

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Image123(m): 10:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
thesicilian:
There's nothing spiritual about sleep paralysis. I've had it so many times that I no longer have any anxiety when it comes.

Lol, talk about being raped to the point of accepting it as part of your destiny. You don't have to ever experience any more of this harassment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Joshmanuel10(m): 10:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
Image123:

The spiritual is a realm, not a religion duhh. It is not meant to take countries out of poverty. Your ignorance is perplexing.
Lol spritual is a realm ...
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by LaReinaa(f): 10:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
SegFault:

I pity you dumbo. Keep on believing nonsense demons and mambo jumbo. Brain dead fck, such a disgrace to sane women tueh.
From your write up, it’s obvious that you have several demons living inside your coconut head because a normal human being with a sane mind won’t talk like this..

You need pure deliverance because this is obviously not ordinary grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Image123(m): 10:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
neonly:
Stop sleeping facing d wall

cheesy
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Joshmanuel10(m): 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
Image123:

Lol, talk about being raped to the point of accepting it as part of your destiny. You don't have to ever experience any more of this harassment.
So have u experienced it
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by passiveincome01: 10:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
OH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Exercise To Prevent Breast Sagging / The Essence Of Deworming Your Child. / I 'Surrender' After This– Pregnant Woman In Labour Tells Husband(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.