Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,678 members, 7,820,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? (37852 Views)

Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! / My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by LaReinaa(f): 11:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
praiseoski:
It is definitely spiritual, the work of an "incubus" attacking your life.... You have to tackle it spiritually as such spirits tend to be quite agressive.... People who experience such always have lots of problems in life, they find it hard keeping a relationship talk more or less getting married.

Go n seek deliverance in a "Bible beleiving church"
Don’t mind the oversabi people, that’s why they can’t explain the cause of delays in their lives grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Kalatium(m): 11:05pm On Aug 29, 2020
LaReinaa:

It’s not by quoting what you read on google, pray you don’t experience it.. experience they say is the best teacher.
Sleep psralysis is more like a medical Condition such as insomnia, narcolepsy, sleepwalking etc. Its not everyone it affects. Nothing to be scared about.

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by 5ine: 11:05pm On Aug 29, 2020
Joshmanuel10:
How will u call Jesus when u wont be able to move... Kaii Bible or no bible the attack isn't forever And nobody has died from it
how do you type when you don't say it out? everything happens in your mind

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by victorian(f): 11:05pm On Aug 29, 2020
Slurity:
I WILL GIVE YOU AN ASSIGNMENT THAT WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTION. FROM NOW ON, MAKE SURE YOUR ROOM DOOR HAS A DOOR CURTAIN AND ALWAYS SLEEP FACING THE CURTAIN. NEST TIME YOUR FEEL HAVE SLEEP PARALYSIS AS YOU CALL IT AND IMMEDIATELY YOU STRUGGLE TO WAKE UP JUST LOOK STRAIGHT TO THE DOOR CURTAIN AND NEVER BLINK YOUR EYES. YOU WILL SEE THE SPIRIT LEAVING THE ROOM WITH A PUSH ASIDE SIGN ON THE CURTAIN AS IF SOMEONE IS LEAVING THE ROOM. NOTE THAT THE CURTAIN WILL PULL ASIDE OR OUTSIDE. KINDLY NOTE THAT THE PERSON THAT IS DOING THE EVIL PLAY WITH YOU IS ALSO SLEEPING SOMEWHERE NOT FAR FROM YOUR HOUSE. There are some sleeping position that make your body assessible by the spirit. Dont sleep facing up directly, dont sleep with your hands cross behind your head and dont cross your led while you sleep. IT IS A DEEP SPIRITUAL MANIPULATION. PRAY AGAINST IT. SHALLOM!

You are right

Its spiritual manipulation.

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by hammer8: 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
LaReinaa:

Good for you then..
Goodluck with vigilante duties grin grin

NAIJA PASTOR WOULD HAVE USED THIS TO SCAM VERY DAFT NIGERIANS.

ILLITERACY IS TRUILY A DISEASE.

U CAN IMAGINE THEM TELLING PEOPLE, IT IS DEMONS AND SATAN.

LOL!

WHEN IT IS SIMPLY YOU WAKING UP BEFORE THE BIOLOGICAL CLOCK OF YOUR BODY IS READY.

SO U WAIT A FEW SECONDS AND IT ALLOWS YOU TO CONTROL THE VEHICLE THAT IS YOUR BODY.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by LaReinaa(f): 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
Kalatium:

Sleep psralysis is more like a medical Condition such as insomnia, narcolepsy, sleepwalking etc. Its not everyone it affects. Nothing to be scared about.
Have you experienced it before
When do, you can come back and lecture me..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by EmmyDJourno: 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
5ine:
it happens in a quiet room...next u want to sleep...play music in a lower volume close to you or put one earphone and enjoy your sleep or rather keep a Bible beside your pillow(specially for nighmares).
that tin no dey use eye see Bible or when you call Jesus during attack.

Bro, u sabi the thing, Psalm 91 destroys it

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Naijaarchive(m): 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
It can be both spiritual and natural... Everything in Nigeria can be used against you spiritually... Any Nigerian saying there isn't jazz or spirit realms is being fake...

I once had one that scared the hell out of me... I always sleep with my stomach/chest down tho and i don't switch on the light while I sleep... After the whole experience i realized my sleeping position changed from vertical to horizontal...
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by finalboss(m): 11:07pm On Aug 29, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
WHEN I EXPERIENCE THIS I CALMLY WAIT FOR IT TO PASS BECAUSE I KNOW THAT IT'S COMPLETELY NATURAL, AND THERE ARE NO WITCHES AFTER MY ALREADY UNFORTUNATE LIFE.
this made my night cheesy grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Drpee33(m): 11:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
It's purely spiritual.. Have had several experience personally. But since i started praying b4 i sleep it never happened again

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Joshmanuel10(m): 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
SegFault:

I don't understand which side are you for? The spiritualists or the sensible people. Oh sorry, I see you're on the sensible side. Yah it's a normal thing, I've had it too many times and it's because of my horrible sleeping habits.
We on the same page...
One of my neighbour got admission to unilag but her pastor told her parent not to allow her to enter the school and they stopped her from going to school....
When I asked y they couldn't say anything
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Okuda(m): 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
Issiijay:
This happened to me, but it's been a while.
Tbh, in my own understanding cos my dad is a pastor, it's actually spiritual. Tf, why would demons or witchcraft hold n pin me down , my whole body go numb

The biggest part is my voice gets taken or seized, cos at that moment when I wanna shout mom or dad, I find it hard to let out a faint voice.

Well in the normal non spiritual world, it could actually be natural or supernatural involving the spiritual. It's just complicated n confusing

But it's just really ain't a good stuff, yeah pray bout it.

in my own understanding sleep paralysis is, i would not call totally spiritual but metaphysical. the reason being that when we sleep, our soul leaves our body to go to the spirit realm to communicate with where it belongs and this is the reason why we dream and i feel that our whole body knows this including our brain so at the point when we come back from the metaphysical world, sometimes there is not yet a sync with our brain and thay state our brain was when we temporarily left our body, is that same state we are when we gain consciousness of our environment and cannot move. because of that sync which only lasts for a few seconds or max minutes. its just like when you are pressing a non respinsive touch screen that take a while to resspond to touch inputs.

anyway, i feel like when our souls come back, sometimes it does not send that signal to the brain to send reactive pulses to the body at the time. i think this is plausible in a senseand the other ft be say them dey press you bad for sleep grin

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by hammer8: 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
Drpee33:
It's purely spiritual.. Have had several experience personally. But since i started praying b4 i sleep it never happened again

IT USUALLY HAPPENS WEN U ARE VERY TIRED OR SLEEPING LATE.

IT IS NOT SPIRITUAL.

IT IS NATURAL.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Kalatium(m): 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
LaReinaa:

Have you experienced it before
When do, you can come back and lecture me..
Lol must someone has HIV before they can diagnose someone with HIV? As a Doctor due to clinical Experience and years of study as well as clinical tests, one can determine if the said person is infect.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by frainc(m): 11:11pm On Aug 29, 2020
Activist001:
Africans tag everything as spiritual no wonder the continent is so backwards..

What have you achieved that someone wants to "pin you down"? undecided

Anyways, see a doctor if your having that often. We are not health experts here.
Is the madness yours or you borrowed it?
Educate yourself very well before coming online to disgrace your certificate
The believe of demon been behind the sleep paralyse is not only African thing, even many part of European and American countries believe the same

Many people like you here believes that is only Africans that believe in spiritual stuff
Nna biko go out and see things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by AlphikkaTech: 11:11pm On Aug 29, 2020
praiseoski:
It is definitely spiritual, the work of an "incubus" attacking your life.... You have to tackle it spiritually as such spirits tend to be quite agressive.... People who experience such always have lots of problems in life, they find it hard keeping a relationship talk more or less getting married.

Go n seek deliverance in a "Bible beleiving church"

Did deliverance myself and I swear life's better now. Gosh, what will I have done without Jesus.

The OP should definitely go for deliverance too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by hammer8: 11:12pm On Aug 29, 2020
THEY WILL SAY SPIRITUAL BUT CANNOT GIVE EXPLANATION OF HOW IT IS SPIRITUAL.

THIS IS Y AFRICA IS A SHIT HOLE.

U PEOPLE DONT REASON PROPERLY AND ALWAYS AFRAID.

NO BE PERSON BE WHITE MAN THAT GOES TO OUTER SPACE AND EVEN FROM THERE THROW HIMSELF DOWN TO EARTH.

WHICH DEMON U DEY FEAR?

U STRONG PASS DEMON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9oKEJ1pXPw

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by LaReinaa(f): 11:13pm On Aug 29, 2020
hammer8:

NAIJA PASTOR WOULD HAVE USED THIS TO SCAM VERY DAFT NIGERIANS.

ILLITERACY IS TRUILY A DISEASE.

U CAN IMAGINE THEM TELLING PEOPLE, IT IS DEMONS AND SATAN.

LOL!

WHEN IT IS SIMPLY YOU WAKING UP BEFORE THE BIOLOGICAL CLOCK OF YOUR BODY IS READY.

SO U WAIT A FEW SECONDS AND IT ALLOWS YOU TO CONTROL THE VEHICLE THAT IS YOUR BODY.
I knew it would get to this, illiteracy indeed.. you really think that by typing in caps that you’ve made sense grin grin

Like I said before, when the need arises, you will throw your certificates at a corner and embrace God..
Be deceiving yourself with copy and paste from google search.. Mr researcher grin grin cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
Joshmanuel10:

We on the same page...
One of my neighbour got admission to unilag but her pastor told her parent not to allow her to enter the school and they stopped her from going to school....
When I asked y they couldn't say anything
My brother na so we see am for Africa.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Famocious(m): 11:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
Hmmm.. Those era of 'familiar spirit' cheesy cheesy

I had my fair share of that experience when i was in boarding house..nights used to turn to nightmare for me, plenty of binding and casting.

It's still a mystery though.. Plenty postulations in neurology /physiology books
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by hammer8: 11:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
LaReinaa:

I knew it would get to this, illiteracy indeed.. you really think that by typing in caps that you’ve made sense grin grin

Like I said before, when the need arises, you will throw your certificates at a corner and embrace God..
Be deceiving yourself with copy and paste from google search.. Mr researcher grin grin cheesy

IF I CAN OPEN MY EYE ONE NIGHT AND SEE THIS YOUR DEMONS, MAYBE I WILL START TO BE SACRED TOO BUT THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED.

BESIDES, I AM MORE OF A SCIENTIFIC ORIENTATED PERSON THAN SPIRITUAL OR SUPERSTITIOUS.

I BELIEVE IN EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE NOT THEORY.

YOU WILL PROVE TO ME HOW YOU ARRIVED AT YOUR CONCLUSION.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by LaReinaa(f): 11:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
Kalatium:

Lol must someone has HIV before they can diagnose someone with HIV? As a Doctor due to clinical Experience and years of study as well as clinical tests, one can determine if the said person is infect.
As a doctor, do you confirm that someone has HIV without running a medical test

The only way you can know what this is all about is by passing through the same process inorder to determine the exact cause of it!

Like I said, if you haven’t experience this before in your entire life, you have no right to pass any form of judgement on it!

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Jaqenhghar: 11:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
manychallenges:
I first experienced it when I was so young, I think when I was just around 6 years old, it was few minutes after we finished vigil in church, yeah, I first experienced it right inside the church. I was just lying there conscious but I couldn't moved any parts of my body but after few seconds, I regained my freedom, and till now I haven't told anyone about it.

And since then, I've been experiencing sleep paralysis but not everyday, maybe once or twice in months, even sometimes weeks.

And I always felt someone or creature or spirit pinning me down, it always very difficult for me to do anything or move at all despite the fact that am awake, this ain't exaggeration, I always feels/felt someone pinning me down during the periods.

This morning own was something else, it was as if the someone is into me somehow, I slept on my side, and I felt someone pinning me down from back like aggressively cuddling me. It was horrified. My asshole is even doing me somehow or its just my mind playing trick. Only heard about spirit wife, is there gay spirit as well? embarassed

I don't sleep naked and am a male of 26. Is sleep paralysis normal or my own could be spiritual? Am a Christian but not "real" Christian like that, only go to church once awhile.

God should just have mercy on me, I've been going through a lot couple challenges and this is even least of them.

What do you think?
That thing is scary AF. I honestly don't know what to think of it
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by finalboss(m): 11:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
Seandisputed:
I don't like talking about spiritual stuff but to me it is damn spiritual and nobody can convince me otherwise(at least from my own experiences).
The first two times I experienced it, it read some highly spiritual books before going to bed.
The preceding ones all came at the same time.
There was a time I embarked on a one week prayer session which I always start at 03:00 am. Immediately I lay down to sleep the paralysis happens. This happened consecutively for the one week. From the 3rd day, they didn't even wait for me to sleep, I was conscious while I got paralysed(I always sense it before it starts.. like there's this force around the room, I'll just smile and before you know it the paralysis starts.. while I'll be screaming Jesus' name in my mind).
There was a day it was extreme, I literally left my body.. I saw my spirit leaving while i was screaming Jesus. The paralysis that day lasted longer than other days.
Anytime I pray by 03:00am they must come around.
A lot of things I would have said but I had to make this short.
P.S. I won't argue with anybody or respond to mentions telling me what I typed is rubbish
Hallucination.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Joshmanuel10(m): 11:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
SegFault:

My brother na so we see am for Africa.
We can never move forward
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
SegFault:

Then who did the research on it Africans? Make I bend like wire. gringrin

If you ask nost africans them go tell you say them done experience am. I am a moderator on a penis enlargement forum in America. I have askwd the men in that forum. None has experienced it before.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by LaReinaa(f): 11:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
hammer8:

IF I CAN OPEN MY EYE ONE NIGHT AND SEE THIS YOUR DEMONS, MAYBE I WILL START TO BE SACRED TOO BUT THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED.

BESIDES, I AM MORE OF A SCIENTIFIC ORIENTATED PERSON THAN SPIRITUAL OR SUPERSTITIOUS.

I BELIEVE IN EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE NOT THEORY.

YOU WILL PROVE TO ME HOW YOU ARRIVED AT YOUR CONCLUSION.
I pray you’re finally opportune to see exactly what you’re looking for tonight as you sleep. Amen grin

3 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by hammer8: 11:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
LaReinaa:

I pray you’re finally opportune to see exactly what you’re looking for tonight as you sleep. Amen grin

OK!

I WILL OPEN MY EYES FOR AS LONG AS I AM STILL AWAKE.

I WILL RETURN HERE IN THE MORNING TO LET U KNOW HOW THAT WENT.

NOTHING! grin grin grin grin
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Joshmanuel10(m): 11:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
LaReinaa:

As a doctor, do confirm that someone has HIV without running a medical test

The only way you can know what this is all about is by passing through the same process inorder to determine the exact cause of it!

Like I said, if you haven’t experience this before in your entire life, you have no right to pass any form of judgement on it!
Bleep that
So because u experienced it... Has it ever happened when u not sleeping??
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Awuvnaira: 11:24pm On Aug 29, 2020
what happened was dat ur boody woke up befor ur brain nothing more than that.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by sabbiboi: 11:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
I read few comments, I reached 3 or 4 pages.

I've experienced sleep paralysis and happy everyone here can also relate to the occurrence.
I will not be taking sides if it's spiritual or natural.

It can be spiritual to you if it frightens you after happening. I was frightened aswell couple times it happened.
If you are conscious with your body too well, you will not linger on it too much.

Africans are to spiritual, I don't care if you are from any form of religion practised. Most of our problems can be solved technically but we are so spiritually blind to see beyond.

Once again I say brother man Emancipate yourself from that form of slavery you unconsciously put yourself.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by LaReinaa(f): 11:26pm On Aug 29, 2020
MrColdsweat:

You're the one who's mentally caged.

You're suffering from self-imposed blindness.

You look at life through the lens called science, whereas science doesn't have it all. Infact you know that there are some frequencies that the human eye cannot see in, yet you talk like science is the absolute.

Let me tell you, there is no scientific discovery that was conventional.

Infact, on your way to making a scientific discovery, your only guide is FAITH.

Doubt me? Go and enroll in a doctorate program in any scientific field.
Please tell them oooo
They think everything starts and ends on their keypad,
Confused people claiming enlightened grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Man Commits Suicide On Facebook Live Over Girlfriend (Photos) / Bennet Omalu Receives Highest American Medical Association Award / Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.