Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? (37896 Views)

Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! / My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by BENEAMATA: 11:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
frainc:
Is the madness yours or you borrowed it?
Educate yourself very well before coming online to disgrace your certificate
The believe of demon been behind the sleep paralyse is not only African thing, even many part of European and American countries believe the same

Many people like you here believes that is only Africans that believe in spiritual stuff
Nna biko go out and see things
Guess the guy hasn't heard about gypsies .

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by JIMMY1393: 11:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
LandMann:

It's a normal occurrence. There's nothing spiritual about it. I experienced it a couple of times before so I researched it.

What happens is that when you fall asleep, your brain sends a signal that deactivates your motor skills like moving talking etc... This is done so that you can rest properly and not be moving around while sleeping or acting out the activities in your dream... Also to avoid hurting yourself or others.

Now, when you are about to wake up, the brain sends another signal to activate your motor skills so you can start moving moveable parts of your body.

Sleep paralysis happens when there's a delay in this signal reaching it's destination... So, your brain will be awake but the signal to activate your motor skills is delayed, causing you to panic...

Next time, don't fight it... Just try to relax knowing that you know what is happening... Also, try to practice conscious dreaming so that you can have some control and understand of what's happening both in your dream state and half awake/sleep paralysis state

See why this doesn't make sense...what about those that are just about to fall asleep nko? ...where their brain is still active and they have not started sleeping ..abi the brain started sleeping before the human and sent the "off signal" or what lol?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Joshmanuel10(m): 11:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
LaReinaa:

Please tell them oooo
They think every starts and ends on their keypad,
Confused people claiming enlightened grin grin
Define a spritual attack
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by manychallenges: 11:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
Those that sleeps every night without experiencing this thing are very lucky beings.

Going through a lot right now, delays and all that, hope am gonna be completely saved and fulfilled reasons me being here on this planet

Thanks y'all for your comments and suggestions though, thank you

5 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Judybash93(m): 11:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
manychallenges:
I don't also have any anxiety over it anymore but just that this morning own was just too real and somehow..

It's not a biggy, you're okay
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Farki: 11:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
It's natural and you better get used to it because it won't go away soon.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Joshmanuel10(m): 11:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
JIMMY1393:

See why this doesn't make sense...what about those that are just about to fall asleep nko? ...where their brain is still active and they have not started sleeping ..abi the brain started sleeping before the human and sent the "off signal" or what lol?
That is y it is a disorder
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Peace081: 11:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
[quote author=CAPSLOCKED post=93369253][color=#990000] WHEN I EXPERIENCE THIS I CALMLY WAIT FOR IT TO PASS BECAUSE I KNOW THAT IT'S COMPLETELY NATURAL, AND THERE ARE NO WITCHES AFTER MY ALREADY UNFORTUNATE LIFE.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
frainc:
Is the madness yours or you borrowed it?
Educate yourself very well before coming online to disgrace your certificate
The believe of demon been behind the sleep paralyse is not only African thing, even many part of European and American countries believe the same

Many people like you here believes that is only Africans that believe in spiritual stuff
Nna biko go out and see things
You must be very delusional. I can feel it from here.

If you felt you had Malaria/Typhoid (discovered by science) where your eyes starts to turn upside down everyday, will you see a doctor or believe it's spiritual?

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Kalatium(m): 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
LaReinaa:

As a doctor, do confirm that someone has HIV without running a medical test

The only way you can know what this is all about is by passing through the same process inorder to determine the exact cause of it!

Like I said, if you haven’t experience this before in your entire life, you have no right to pass any form of judgement on it!
From your response i guess you see it as spiritual.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by 5ine: 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
OKOATA:
Alot of people have sense but don’t think, what causes sleep paralysis is simply when you don’t close your eyes fully while you sleep, the little part of the pupils will be out, it’s like closing your eyes half and sleeping at the same time, sleep paralysis usually happen in the day or at night when the lights on. There was a day I experienced it and my brother woke me up and he told me that I didn’t close my eyes well while sleeping and a little part of my pupils were out. So the fact that your pupils are out goes to the brain and makes the brain think your eyes are open but your body itself is asleep so there’s not nothing about sleep paralysis being spiritual. The best way not to experience it is to always use an eyes cover while you sleep and if you sleep while facing upwards it’s likely for your eyes to be opened if you don’t use an eyes cover.
this happens when you sleep with a low light..whereby your eyes can picture shadows.. your eyes can mistake something for another strange thing..the brain is the weakest at that moment. is either you sleep in a dark room or with bright light.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Meesquared000(m): 11:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
KingAzubuike:
There's nothing spiritual about sleep paralysis. There's nothing like juju or jazz... There's nothing like demons. These are all myths, they are folktales

As for sleep paralysis, during the deepest phase of sleep which is REM, a neurotransmitter called glycine is released limit the body's motor function and render muscles immobile.

As for the sensation of something sitting on your chest which y'all tag as demons, that’s usually because of the way breathing is regulated in REM sleep. Because the neurotransmitter has been limiting your diaphragm to rhythmic, shallow breaths, you might feel like you can’t breathe deeply... laboured breathing which may seem as though something is pressing down and keeping your lungs from filling up with air. Unfortunately all these church people will say it's demons sitting on your chest.
I need to buy you beer. Where you dey?? No mind these brainwashed people

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by hammer8: 11:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
Farki:
It's natural and you better get used to it because it won't go away soon.

GROWING UP WITH AFRICAN PEOPLE IS THE HARDEST THING EVER.

THEY ARE MAD.

IF U ARE A CHILD THEY WILL MAKE SURE U WET THE BED EVERY NIGHT DUE TO FEAR FROM THEIR IRRATIONAL BELIEF.

NOTICE THAT THE SPIRITUAL ATTACK IS ALWAYS THE SAME, EVOLVING AROUND RELATIONSHIP, MARRIAGE.

THIS PEOPLE ARE CRAZY.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Joshmanuel10(m): 11:34pm On Aug 29, 2020
Activist001:

If you felt you had Malaria/Typhoid (discovered by science) where your eyes starts to turn upside down everyday, will you see a doctor or believe it's spiritual?
Lemme answer for them when there were no doctors it was a spiritual attack but now they are enlightened
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by inumidun2010(m): 11:36pm On Aug 29, 2020
Very Simple ... Go to Playstore and download the audio bible..the offline version I have is like 850mb.. Play it while sleeping.. You will have a sound sleep and you'll even recite the Verses in your dream... The Word of God is a DOUBLE EDGE SWORD... Playing such creates a corrosive atmosphere for evil forces...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 11:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
What mostly cause this sleep paralysis is sleeping while facing up so please learnt how to position urself before u slept off
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by davss02(m): 11:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
Lol. Its natural bro
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
[s]
LaReinaa:

Arguing with your kinds on topics like is obviously a waste of time..

Until something beyond your understanding or explanation or even your science happens to you, you will never understand how deep this world truly is.

This has nothing to do with pastors or being African or backwardness! There’re witches/spiritual powers all over the world whether you believe in it or not, just pray your village people don’t remember you one day.
[/s]
Trash as expected. kiss
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by LaReinaa(f): 11:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
Kalatium:

From your response i guess you see it as spiritual.
I don’t just see it as spiritual, I know it’s spiritual because I battled with it for years.. I used google, I tried to apply all the rules google suggested, getting proper sleep etc..

I even visited to a psychologist, I wasted my time and money on several sessions with her for a while until I finally realized exactly what it was and decided to take my spiritual life more seriously, I never even spoke to any pastor or spiritual leader about it, I only prayed and fasted until it stopped!
so when I read what some people who I am sure has never experienced this ugly stuff say outta ignorance, I can’t help but shake my head grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Joshmanuel10(m): 11:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
inumidun2010:
Very Simple ... Go to Playstore and download the audio bible..the offline version I have is like 850mb.. Play it while sleeping.. You will have a sound sleep and you'll even recite the Verses in your dream... The Word of God is a DOUBLE EDGE SWORD... Playing such creates a corrosive atmosphere for evil forces...
Wow.... Just wow
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by hammer8: 11:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
LaReinaa:

I don’t just see it as spiritual, I know it’s spiritual because I battled with it for years.. I used google, I tried to apply all the rules google suggested, getting proper sleep etc..

I even visited to a psychologist, I wasted my time and money on several sessions with her for a while until I finally realized exactly what it was and decided to take my spiritual life a bit more seriously, I never even spoke to any pastor or spiritual leader about it, I only prayed and fasted until it stopped!
so when I read what some people who I am sure has never experienced this ugly stuff talk trash outta ignorance, I can’t help but shake my head grin

U KNOW WAT, I DONT EVEN HAVE RIGHT TO TELL U IT IS NATURAL.

IF SPIRITUALL IS WORKING FOR U, THEN IT IS SPIRITUAL.

PRAY AND READ YOUR BIBLE.

U CAN ALSO TRY TO MOVE YOUR FINGERS AND LEG FINGERS AS U CALL GOD TOO.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by 9jajoseph: 11:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
OP. Your own dey learn. Mine was 4 good times in just one night. Haba, even to sleep come dey fear me.

But from my understanding of sleeping paralyzed, its when your whole body is awake but your brain is not fully awake with it. That's why you try to move your hands or shout but your brain is not awake to process whatever you want to do.

The one I had one afternoon around February this year scared me to death. After watching one horror film. I went to sleep. My brother, I was awake, infact I can see the roof of my house. But I can't move, until one magical hand from nowhere try to pull me. Infact I don't know if its real or not. But Immediately I woke up. Only my heart beat told my brain never to sleep even in death

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by LaReinaa(f): 11:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
Joshmanuel10:

Bleep that
So because u experienced it... Has it ever happened when u not sleeping??
I hope the OP doesn’t listen to your kinds because what you’ll care about while dishing out your opinion is the number of likes it gets and nothing else..

I hope he actually takes his spiritual life seriously!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Image123(m): 11:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
Joshmanuel10:

So tell me Y u think it is spiritual

Experience is a very good teacher, so i'll tell you mine since you ask nicely. i used to hear and read about it just like many. i didn't care much really because i didn't experience it. Then i lived in a place where there was more talk about witches and wizards and demonic oppression. As a good and gentle person,i was going my own jejely. Only hearing people complain. Then it happened like play like play, it wasn't funny though. Then i got "mad". i did "shege" to all the evil spirits in the area that day, they can't forget me in a hurry. Do you know that many people were very visibly angry with me that day. They had no choice than to cooperate anyway.

Well, till i left that place, and for over ten years since then, o boy no sleep paralysis oh. i have tried all kinds of sleeping method, i face wall, I face roof, I face bed, i cross leg, i carry leg up, i sleep late, i sleep early, i sleep long and short, nothing ohh, no show. Maybe they sent global warning to avoid me, or maybe i'm not natural enough to enjoy sleep paralysis. Who knows, lol.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Joshmanuel10(m): 11:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
LaReinaa:

I hope the OP doesn’t listen to your kinds because what you’ll care about while dishing out your opinion is the number of likes it gets and nothing else..

I hope he actually takes his spiritual life seriously!
Likes bawo what are u saying... So if ppl don't take their spiritual life serious .... Sleep paralysis... Hmmm
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by frainc(m): 11:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
[s]
Activist001:

[/s]Oh, my bad for educating a boy who could not even stand on a point

Is the jargons you replied and my first comment on the same line? No

I'm done with your type

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Kalatium(m): 11:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
LaReinaa:

I even visited to a psychologist, I wasted my time and money with on the sessions for a while until I finally realized exactly what it was and decided to take my spiritual life a bit more seriously, I never even spoke to any pastor or spiritual leader about it, I only prayed and fasted until it stopped!
so when I read what some people who I am sure has never experienced this ugly stuff talk trash outta ignorance, I can’t help but shake my head grin

You Experience alone doesn’t justify all others Experience. I know alot of people who had it and didn't see it as spiritual and it still went away. So only speak for yourself.

I can see you are very ignorant in your dealings. Havent you seen people who had diseases and when they pray they got healed. That doesn’t change the name of the disease.
It is the type of your thinking that takes life backwards. Century ago it was your type that kept saying diseases were spiritual when it was actually virus bacteria and fungi Why didn't you say cancer is also spiritual?

BTW even if you reply this i wont dignify a response

SMH
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by hammer8: 11:53pm On Aug 29, 2020
EVERYBODY WILL EXPERIENCE SLEEP PARALYSIS AT SOME POINT IN THEIR LIFE.

SOME MIGHT NOT SURVIVE IT.

WE DEY COMMAND AND CONTROL IT WITH AUTHORITY, SO IT CANNOT KILL US.

NEXT!
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Taciturn1: 11:53pm On Aug 29, 2020
harsysky:
why don't I experience while lying on my belly? It comes mostly when I lie on my back. I just don't enjoy the experience.
it may be from your stomach
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Joshmanuel10(m): 11:53pm On Aug 29, 2020
Image123:

Experience is a very good teacher, so i'll tell you mine since you ask nicely. i used to hear and read about it just like many. i didn't care much really because i didn't experience it. Then i lived in a place where there was more talk about witches and wizards and demonic oppression. As a good and gentle person,i was going my own jejely. Only hearing people complain. Then it happened like play like play, it wasn't funny though. Then i got "mad". i did "shege" to all the evil spirits in the area that day, they can't forget me in a hurry. Do you know that many people were very visibly angry with me that day. They had no choice than to cooperate anyway.

Well, till i left that place, and for over ten years since then, o boy no sleep paralysis oh. i have tried all kinds of sleeping method, i face wall, I face roof, I face bed, i cross leg, i carry leg up, i sleep late, i sleep early, i sleep long and short, nothing ohh, no show. Maybe they sent global warning to avoid me, or maybe i'm not natural enough to enjoy sleep paralysis. Who knows, lol.
Since u moved to a new place are the spritual things bound to the laws of the natural laws....
I mean location shouldn't be a problem for them
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by thespokenword: 11:55pm On Aug 29, 2020
Uzomacharles:

100% True...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) / Exercise To Prevent Breast Sagging / The Essence Of Deworming Your Child.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.