Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

American Needs Help - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / American Needs Help (11753 Views)

Yoruba Guy In A Relationship With An Igbo Girl Needs Help / LESBIAN Needs Help / 190 Needs Help Again~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Go Down)

Re: American Needs Help by Tosinville(m): 11:35pm On Feb 24, 2011
Roymary,

I aint doubtin ya, bruh!. . . . . . because of all of una for NL me sef go vex enter yankee o! maybe somehow in bankhead, atl, GA lol.

e easy?lol
Re: American Needs Help by koolchicco: 10:30pm On Mar 01, 2011
kay-money:

The up one is 190 when he went to Jamaica with Darkskin grin grin
grin
Re: American Needs Help by stuffs4me(m): 6:40am On Mar 02, 2011
@imari

I read this topic the second day it was created but I couldn’t reply mainly because after coming back from work am always dog tired but somehow the topic has never been out of my mind.

Most of the people on this forum are from the southwest part of Nigeria, hence the nature of their replies which may not necessarily represent the generality of the Nigerian people. I’m sure you don’t know it but Nigeria is a multicultural country. In northern Nigeria where I live it’s not so uncommon for a young man to be able to go without sex for a couple of years it’s called self restraint. Americans as we know are very much over sexed and find it very difficult to comprehend why a young man can go without sex for a couple of days. Maybe if you stopped looking at the rest of the world through your American binoculars, you just might see another angle to life that is totally different from the one you are used to.

Regarding your boyfriend’s unemployment status, hmmm! You’ll be shocked at the level of unemployment in Nigeria even for university graduates.

There’s nothing in your post to say you have been sending him 200USD each and every month. What I could only pick from your replies is that you sent him some money after he fell sick and you later sent him more money a couple of time after wards. Personally I don’t think you are telling the whole truth yourself.

There are lotsa scammers in Nigeria just as there are lotsa serial killers in the US, how can you convince us that you are not a dangerous person yourself. You could strangle him while he sleeps or poison his food if he comes to the US.

Has it ever occurred to you that you just might be the problem here?, he wants to meet you but you wouldn’t allow it. I suggest you free this guy and stop torturing him and let him live his life.
Re: American Needs Help by MrsChima(f): 7:55am On Mar 02, 2011
I am sorry but America is a country with 50 to 51 States depending on the mood at the time. We are no more oversexed than Nigeria, China, India, Italy, Russia, Greece, Greenland, and Mexico. We are OPEN and FREE with out sexuality. We don't do shit in the dark and look angelic in the light. I know what I saw when I was in Africa and believe me the fingers need to be in the pockets.

Just like in NIGERIA, where there are PEOPLE WHO PRACTICES self restraints there are PEOPLE WHO PRACTICES self restraints in AMERICA. I know shocking huh? undecided
Re: American Needs Help by Imari(f): 8:08am On Mar 02, 2011
stuffs4me:

@imari

I  read this topic the second day it was created but I couldn’t reply mainly because after coming back from work am always dog tired but somehow the topic has never been out of my mind.

Most of the people on this forum are from the southwest part of Nigeria, hence the nature of their replies which may not necessarily represent the generality of the Nigerian people. I’m sure you don’t know it but Nigeria is a multicultural country. In northern Nigeria where I live it’s not so uncommon for a young man to be able to go without sex for a couple of years it’s called self restraint. Americans as we know are very much over sexed and find it very difficult to comprehend why a young man can go without sex for a couple of days. Maybe if you stopped looking at the rest of the world through your American binoculars, you just might see another angle to life that is totally different from the one you are used to.

Regarding your boyfriend’s unemployment status, hmmm! You’ll be shocked at the level of unemployment in Nigeria even for university graduates.

There’s nothing in your post to say you have been sending him 200USD each and every month. What I could only pick from your replies is that you sent him some money after he fell sick and you later sent him more money a couple of time after wards. Personally I don’t think you are telling the whole truth yourself.

There are lotsa scammers in Nigeria just as there are lotsa serial killers in the US, how can you convince us that you are not a dangerous person yourself. You could strangle him while he sleeps or poison his food if he comes to the US.

Has it ever occurred to you that you just might be the problem here?, he wants to meet you but you wouldn’t allow it. I suggest you free this guy and stop torturing him and let him live his life.

This reply is a surprise since no one has commented on it in a while.

Your comments shows that you have read the thread.

Right back at you with what could be thought of Nigerians or Americans, of course that is not the whole of any country (scammers or serial killers), but I will bet that more Nigerians know someone who is or does scamming than Americans who know serial killers.

I in a way brought this topic up to him and things exploded with us (that's one of the reasons I haven't been back here in a while).
He says Americans are arrogant in their views of the rest of the world and maybe that is true. He says that now he will show me that he will get to me on his very own without my help, that people here are trying to feed me things that are not true, how do I think he survives on a day to day basis without my help that he does what he can to do that. We shall see.
I will say that you are correct "maybe I am the problem" on many different levels. He also says that I have a problem with things that bother him about me that I don't take his "direction', well for me that is a problem I am not use to any man trying to control me.  What's up with that anyway? the control he has always tried to exercise over me I still do just as I please that's me and maybe as you said "the problem". One cannot free someone who doesn't want to be free, he seems as hooked as I am as for as I know he is Ika but says it goes against his faith to have sex with a woman who is not his wife and that will be me.

Do you think I am wrong to go against what he says I should do?
Like posting here, he thinks I should not talk to anyone here ever.
Re: American Needs Help by Imari(f): 8:14am On Mar 02, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I am sorry but America is a country with 50 to 51 States depending on the mood at the time.  We are no more oversexed than Nigeria, China, India, Italy, Russia, Greece, Greenland, and Mexico.  We are OPEN and FREE with out sexuality.  We don't do poo in the dark and look angelic in the light.  I know what I saw when I was in Africa and believe me the fingers need to be in the pockets. 

Just like in NIGERIA, where there are PEOPLE WHO PRACTICES self restraints there are PEOPLE WHO PRACTICES self restraints in AMERICA.  I know shocking huh?   undecided

I agree on all you have said, except "we don't do poo in the dark and look angelic in the light".
That is so not true of individuals or of the nation itself.  This country and many are it's people are screwed up, we tend to look down on other peoples as though we are somehow "better" than them while we try to hide our dirty laundry.
Re: American Needs Help by MrsChima(f): 8:27am On Mar 02, 2011
Imari:

I agree on all you have said, except "we don't do poo in the dark and look angelic in the light".
That is so not true of individuals or of the nation itself.  This country and many are it's people are screwed up, we tend to look down on other peoples as though we are somehow "better" than them while we try to hide our dirty laundry.

Doing things in the open and looking down at others ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. I am referring to the fact that Americans and a few others countries are not shy when it come to being open about sexuality.

You are talking about something completely different from what I am saying which is people judging others based on their actions or thoughts while hiding their dirty laundry.
Re: American Needs Help by MrsChima(f): 8:31am On Mar 02, 2011
Imari:

Right back at you with what could be thought of Nigerians or Americans, of course that is not the whole of any country (scammers or serial killers), but I will bet that more Nigerians know someone who is or does scamming than Americans who know serial killers.

I in a way brought this topic up to him and things exploded with us (that's one of the reasons I haven't been back here in a while).
He says Americans are arrogant in their views of the rest of the world and maybe that is true. He says that now he will show me that he will get to me on his very own without my help, that people here are trying to feed me things that are not true, how do I think he survives on a day to day basis without my help that he does what he can to do that. We shall see.
I will say that you are correct "maybe I am the problem" on many different levels. He also says that I have a problem with things that bother him about me that I don't take his "direction', well for me that is a problem I am not use to any man trying to control me.  What's up with that anyway? the control he has always tried to exercise over me I still do just as I please that's me and maybe as you said "the problem". One cannot free someone who doesn't want to be free, he seems as hooked as I am as for as I know he is Ika but says it goes against his faith to have sex with a woman who is not his wife and that will be me.

America collectively does not represent you nor your thoughts just as Nigeria collectively does not represent him or his thoughts.  He needs to judge you INDIVIDUALLY and not collectively when you guys are having issues within the relationship.  We do not have anything to do with HOW YOU FEEL and what you have expressed to him just like Nigeria does not have anything do with how he feel and what he have expressed to you.   

Your relationship with him is not a global issue.  One more thing I want to add as well, if he feels that strongly about America then why is he trying to come to the very country that is supposedly arrogant to the rest of the world? Hmm.
Re: American Needs Help by Imari(f): 9:19am On Mar 02, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Doing things in the open and looking down at others ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.  I am referring to the fact that Americans and a few others countries are not shy when it come to being open about sexuality. 

You are talking about something completely different from what I am saying which is people judging others based on their actions or thoughts while hiding their dirty laundry. 

I see.

But if many who want the power and control have their way. American woman wouldn't be allowed to even show their knees in public.  grin

Mrs.Chima:

America collectively does not represent you nor your thoughts just as Nigeria collectively does not represent him or his thoughts.  He needs to judge you INDIVIDUALLY and not collectively when you guys are having issues within the relationship.  We do not have anything to do with HOW YOU FEEL and what you have expressed to him just like Nigeria does not have anything do with how he feel and what he have expressed to you.   

Your relationship with him is not a global issue.  One more thing I want to add as well, if he feels that strongly about America then why is he trying to come to the very country that is supposedly arrogant to the rest of the world?  Hmm. 

We may live in a global society but Nigeria and America are two different cultures whose people are reared, and taught in very different ways that may not sit well with the other, those things have to be must be worked out by those individuals involved and yes, no one else can reconcile those differences to make your relationship work. 

Right now I believe it is not the country he wants but me.
Re: American Needs Help by MrsChima(f): 9:36am On Mar 02, 2011
Imari:

I see.

But if many who want the power and control have their way. American woman wouldn't be allowed to even show their knees in public.  grin

We may live in a global society but Nigeria and America are two different cultures whose people are reared, and taught in very different ways that may not sit well with the other, those things have to be must be worked out by those individuals involved and yes, no one else can reconcile those differences to make your relationship work. 

Right now I believe it is not the country he wants but me.

He has a funny way of showing it.
Re: American Needs Help by Tosinville(m): 9:44am On Mar 02, 2011
Some of you are still on this shitt?¿¿
Re: American Needs Help by MrsChima(f): 9:44am On Mar 02, 2011
Hissssssss. grin
Re: American Needs Help by Dsense(m): 10:30am On Mar 02, 2011
Hey,You got it?
Re: American Needs Help by stuffs4me(m): 10:12pm On Mar 02, 2011

I will say that you are correct "maybe I am the problem" on many different levels. He also says that I have a problem with things that bother him about me that I don't take his "direction', well for me that is a problem I am not use to any man trying to control me. What's up with that anyway? the control he has always tried to exercise over me I still do just as I please that's me and maybe as you said "the problem". One cannot free someone who doesn't want to be free, he seems as hooked as I am as for as I know he is Ika but says it goes against his faith to have sex with a woman who is not his wife and that will be me.

@imari

Its called love and not control. I have a girlfriend and we are going to get married later in the year. Whenever she tells me to do something, I just up and do it, no questions asked, same goes for her. We have this wonderful connection, chemistry…, my girl loves me and she means the world to me. She’d do anything to make me happy and doing things for my precious baby gives me joy.

Is it about Americans or just you. You don’t strike me as someone in love but your silly boyfriend is just too bind to see it. I’d hate to cross seven seas, seven rivers and seven mountains only for the woman I love not to come running into my arms.

Being in love is great only when is reciprocal, what I don’t get is that, there are so many young beautiful Nigerian girls around and this guy has to seek some unappreciated love across the Atlantic. On second thoughts, he just might be a scammer.
Re: American Needs Help by Tosinville(m): 10:29pm On Mar 02, 2011
^talk too much
Re: American Needs Help by Imari(f): 10:37pm On Mar 02, 2011
stuffs4me:

@imari

Its called love and not control. I have a girlfriend and we are going to get married later in the year. Whenever she tells me to do something, I just up and do it, no questions asked, same goes for her. We have this wonderful connection, chemistry…, my girl loves me and she means the world to me. She’d do anything to make me happy and doing things for my precious baby gives me joy.

Is it about Americans or just you. You don’t strike me as someone in love but your silly boyfriend is just too bind to see it. I’d hate to cross seven seas, seven rivers and seven mountains only for the woman I love not to come running into my arms.

Being in love is great only when is reciprocal, what I don’t get is that, there are so many young beautiful Nigerian girls around and this guy has to seek some unappreciated love across the Atlantic. On second thoughts, he just might be a scammer.

You have a different interpretation of what my words mean.

I know the difference between doing something out of love and what is control.

I mean he want me to be subservient to him, not a mutual thing or even doing whatever your love needs or asks because you love them and that's what it is all about. Not saying this is the way I want you because I am the man. That I will never do no matter if I was an American or not, I don't know how Nigerian woman rock but I don't rock that way for NO ONE.
Re: American Needs Help by Cougar2: 11:01pm On Mar 02, 2011
Imari:

You have a different interpretation of what my words mean.

I know the difference between doing something out of love and what is control.

I mean he want me to be subservient to him, not a mutual thing or even doing whatever your love needs or asks because you love them and that's what it is all about. Not saying this is the way I want you because I am the man. That I will never do no matter if I was an American or not, I don't know how Nigerian woman rock but I don't rock that way for NO ONE.

imari, have you gone to nigeria yet?
Re: American Needs Help by Imari(f): 11:02pm On Mar 02, 2011
No
Re: American Needs Help by koolchicco: 11:06pm On Mar 02, 2011
*Cougar*:

Hmm, are you really a cougar as ur ID suggests? shocked undecided
Re: American Needs Help by stuffs4me(m): 4:38am On Mar 03, 2011
^talk too much

Abi o! which one be my own sef, its her life
Mssssceeeeew!
Re: American Needs Help by Tosinville(m): 10:05am On Mar 03, 2011
Wasting hell of a time when they've already told her what to do.
Re: American Needs Help by MrsChima(f): 2:56pm On Mar 03, 2011
Exactly.

Toshin,

As you grow older and wiser, you will learn that people will do whatever they want to do even when they ask for advice. The best thing you can do is advise them and move on. It will save you the stress and toilet paper.
Re: American Needs Help by Tosinville(m): 3:45pm On Mar 03, 2011
^Sure, you're right about that, eve.
Re: American Needs Help by Tosinville(m): 6:06pm On Mar 03, 2011
Mr.cork
You sounds like a shithead, who told you i'm america before? besides do they recommend cap for only american guys? moreso, thats not baseball cap but new era cap, blindman.
Re: American Needs Help by MrCork17: 6:16pm On Mar 03, 2011
Tosinville:

Mr.cork
You sounds like a shithead, who told you i'm america before? besides do they recommend cap for only american guys? moreso, thats not baseball cap but new era cap, blindman.

its ok. U look like an American trapped in Lagos. wink u happy! duh!
Re: American Needs Help by koolchicco: 6:18pm On Mar 03, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Exactly.

Toshin,

As you grow older and wiser, you will learn that people will do whatever they want to do even when they ask for advice. The best thing you can do is advise them and move on. It will save you the stress and toilet paper.
cheesy cheesy
Re: American Needs Help by roymary: 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2011
Mr, Cork:

its ok. U look like an American trapped in Lagos. wink u happy! duh!

LOL, You are a pain in the bakassi. Tosin go strangle you soon, grin
Re: American Needs Help by roymary: 12:45pm On Mar 04, 2011
*Cougar*:

Nairaland!!!, Imari is a cheat! I volunteer to go pay Imari a visit whatever state she is! He/she needs no help.
grin grin grin grin
Re: American Needs Help by deniyor: 12:48pm On Mar 04, 2011
poster is a naija dude angry angry

@poster
I am in love with you. my account number is 83 014 024 044. Bank is Wema bank. Thanks baby.
Re: American Needs Help by MrsChima1(f): 4:26pm On Mar 04, 2011
Mugu!
Re: American Needs Help by xxTosinvillexx: 5:48pm On Mar 04, 2011
Roymary
Don't mind dat lunatic named Mr.Cork jare lol
Re: American Needs Help by Imari(f): 1:17am On Mar 05, 2011
roymary:

Nairaland!!!, Imari is a cheat! I volunteer to go pay Imari a visit whatever state she is!  He/she needs no help.
  grin grin grin grin

Bring it !!!!

Your problem is, you ain't got it !!!

All you will do is sit in the corner with your mouth shut like a good little B boy?   kiss  wink grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16)

Why You Shouldn't Approach Extremely Pretty Girls / IN PICTURES; 8 "Problems" Only Girls With Big Bosoms Understand / Disadvantages Of Fat Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.