Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer (38242 Views)

South-East South-South Professionals Association Of Nigeria Endorses Peter Obi / 2023 Presidency: In Supremacy Contest For Kano, Atiku, Tinubu Go Dirty / Bus Conductors Association Of Nigeria Endorses Buhari For A 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by gbemishile: 8:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
Benbellamor:

Listen to yourself in 21st century So God closed his eyes to the thief stocking his agbada using him to execute his judgment
Some of can't think straight again
Ganduje switched to the circular law to stop Gods law to prosecute him...Now where are the fearless Hisbah and the shariah justices?
You see God cannot be mocked
Ganduje and the blasphemer ain't in the same bracket.
One a blasphemer and the other a thief/rogue
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by stanisbaratheon: 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2020
Some idiots trying to kill a man they can't create.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by LegendHero(m): 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
Openbusiness:
my brother let's not shake this table of religious excesses because na every religion for this Nigeria dey on top the table. The way you are saying Jehovah witness used to come and preach at your house even though they know you are a Muslim, is the same way I can tell you that for the last 20 years for this Lagos, na Mosque dey wake me up by 5AM, even though the area is not a Muslim prayer ground. The loudness of their speakers no b here. Even Muslims too have their own way of doing evangelism and reach out to people, but it's not just as invasive as some Christian groups do their own. Even me that I am a Christian i dey dodge some Christian groups when I see dem for road cuz dem no dey let person rest. If I dey pass I see you wear green apron, I don automatically decode say dis wan na Chosen, my brain don dey calculate how to dodge u straight before u come and be following me like shadow with fliers. But long and short of it, all religions in Nigeria are guilty of it, even the Traditionalists dey flex muscle too. Yes, its true many southern public schools generally lean towards Christian practices, because Christianity generally is the prevalent culture in the south and the schools are mostly managed by people that lean in that direction. But government schools as far as I know try t balance things and keep it neutral. But same way you were singing Christian songs in the school assembly is the same way it is for Christians that found themselves in the North and their own experience too is that of a society that leans towards Islamic practices and beliefs. So it is not an exceptional or exclusive event. The one I am talking about is assimilation. It is assimilation that breeds fanaticism. The result of assimilation is what you are witnessing in the North. Many years ago, I drove from Lagos to Bauchi all by myself, nobody with me, I had never been there before, I drove in the night, no single fear because the North was a region of peace. I have driven to Abuja from Lagos countless times around 2am, 3am I go dey road, all by myself. I will leave Lagos 10 or 11pmi will drive all night to Abuja, nobody but me, my radio and my God and I never once felt fear on the steering. I have driven to Jos, Plateau. There was a time I had a girlfriend in Logo, so I will shuttle between Lagos and Kaaba, driving alone by myself. 8 have driven to Kaduna many times. In short, between North travelling South South, North was safer for me. Who born monkey wey I go drive night journey enter Poet Harcourt. Na for Benin by pass action movie don dey start. Even going Benin sef, if he don reach like 10pm, na to park for Okada wait ti day break before journey continue make person no go jam Alibaba and the 40 thieves for night. But all that is gone now. North is not like North before again because of assimilation. Assimilation is already happening southwest too. It's not just at the level of the North yet

I understand you clearly bro. You have your point but with regards to assimilation, there are many reason why religious terror cannot take foothold in the SW.

The greatest bond in life is that of the blood. I will forever respect our Yoruba ancestors for what they did with the issue of religion.

Now how will someone kill his blood for religion especially among the Yorubas. Almost 70% or more of families in the SW have a mixture of religion in the extended family.

My mom is Christian and dad is Muslim. Some of my brothers are Christian while I identify as a Muslim. I know several bible verses off hand due to the influence of my mom and my elder brother that identified as a Muslim got married to a Christian.

This example above can also be seen in most families in the SW. To some it might be nuclear family, while to some it’s extended family.

Another reason is that the Yorubas see religion as a spiritual thing and a means to an end. That is why Alhaja can attend evening church services for miracle while a Christian woman can go to Alfa side to pray against problem.

We have come too far and the bond is that of blood.

Can you see why we are different from the core North? It’s a total different case entirely and MURIC will not even be able to do anything because he would he dealt with right from the mosque by Muslims themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by NaMeAboki: 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
IdisuleOurOwn:

But why can't you sharia-loving people call for the division of this entity so you can practice your sharia all you want? O! Niger Delta oyel won't make you call for such.

I thought you believed in secular society - hypocrite.

Typical oyel mentality - how shallow.

Ok, let me indulge you a little and add more pain to your already tortured soul.

Sharia is here to stay and there is nothing you bigots can do about it.

Secondly, Nigeria will divide only when northerners are ready, i.e. after oil is discovered in commercial quantities in the north and that in the south is finished - so that you ppl will be left with nothing; hahaha, enjoy! cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by muykem: 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
LegendHero:

We don’t care if it’s Old Testament or New Testament. It is in the Bible and until they remove it completely from the Bible it is part of the Bible.

You never gave the Muslims that benefit of the doubt in the first place in their Quran, so Bible is Bible!

There is a way Igbo catholic can kill by following the laws of blasphemy in the Old Testament. At least pastors follow the laws of the Old Testament in tithing so why must Christian choose which of the Bible verse to follow?

Now my question, why don’t Igbo catholic or Jews kill people for blaspheming against God? It’s in the Bible, why don’t they follow the teaching and start killing too?

How many Christians have sentenced to death by that law since you were born unlike Muslims god that always crying for blood.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2020
LegendHero:

Don’t be a bigger fool. How many SW Muslims have been murdered for blasphemy?

I responded to the earlier mention of one of you that spoke about Yorubas and blasphemy.

Even looking at it, the SE are more religious fanatics than the Yorubas as seen in the rancor that followed when BBC Igbo greeted the Muslims among you for Sallah. But as usual, you guys don’t see this and you’ll always be quick to make reference to the Yorubas everytime especially when the said Yoruba have been the Only major tribe that has shown highest amount of religious tolerance in Africa and the world as a whole.

See your Igbo brothers comments below. How are you guys different from the Northerners we are all condemning on this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/5225497/igbos-attack-bbc-igbo-wishing
Now you're just being blind.
Have you ever seen where a court in the south east convicted an atheist or a Muslim of blasphemy and sentenced him or her to die?
Have you?
Of all the 200+tribes condemning this wicked verdict of the Shariah Court, the SE, ibos are the ones you pick.
Bloody hypocrite.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by IYANGBALI: 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
This one na religion?mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by hayzed1090: 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
xynerise:

The truth is, you Muslims worship Mohammed and not God Almighty. You are acting according to his law and not what the Quran says. I haven't seen any Muslim that condemns this barbaric act. Rather they are wishing they see those who condemn it so they will kill them too. Most Muslims know this is wrong but they are afraid to speak up for fear of being killed.

Prove me wrong

You did not even make one sense in your comment.you want to be proven wrong when all you wrote is out of hatred and pure ignorance .
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Excuses: 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
Pymetrics:

Not every part of Nigeria is secular. Sharia law is recognized by Nigeria for some states. That's why I said no the law of your land before you speak.

Let's assume the musician was not arrested or sue to court, is it proper for someone to just open his mouth and say negatives and derogatory words about sacred being of other people's religion? No one has even condemned the guy for what he did. He's completely wrong either with sharia or no any law.

HAVE U NOT DONE WORST THAN HE HAS DONE..IS IT BECAUSE U WERE NOT CAUGHT OR NO ONE HEARD U..

WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE?
ARE YOU PERFECT?
ARE YOU GOD?

ANSWER ME!
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
chakula:
I doubt much if you are really following the footsteps of Jesus, quite sure his teaching is contarary with what you displayed here. Shame!
Bleep jesus,i don't do religion
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by LegendHero(m): 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
IdisuleOurOwn:

I'm sorry to say this. Yorubas are not seen as real Muslims. Blasphemy and those shariah laws you see are still practice in where Islam originate from.

Bros, do you visit the Islam section of Nairaland? That section is populated by southern Muslims who are Yorubas and they believe in those laws.

Infact, Real Islam is not practice in Nigeria, nobody practice real Islam in Nigeria anyone who does would be called an extremist. Music and dancing is Haram in Islam but those who said they are Muslims in northern Nigeria make music. The Yorubas do owembe, these things are Haram in Islam.

As a female you don't go out without a relative (male) but you see Muslim women in Nigeria without male company. Muslim women not putting on clothes that will cancel their bodies.
Amputation for stealing, flogging for fornication and so many still been practice where Islam originate from. These are what these Muslims like Al qeada, Al Shaba, Isil, Boko Haram and some other groups are doing in Muslim majority countries but you call them terrorists.

Not all Muslim countries practice blasphemy and even Saudi Arabia right now are modifying some of their laws.

The Christian too have the killing punishment for blasphemy in their bible but the Christian leaders are wise enough to refine it so that it can conform with standards of this age and time.

But some of those Islamic countries are still stuck in the past due to the fact that they are rigid to change and that is the case of the North.

True Muslims lol, I’ve always heard that from people and I don’t care whether we are called true or false Muslims. It is not the right of the North to call us true or fake Muslims because they are not the writer of the Quran. Infact most of these rubbish laws are not in the Quran, it’s just what some scholars always write that people now use interchangeable with the Quran.

I will visit the Islam thread on Nairaland. Never been there before and I will try to take the pulse of the Muslims Yoruba on there and see if truly they believe in this kind of barbaric shariah law being discussed on this thread.

Mind you, shariah law in itself is not always bad everytime, there are some of the laws that are applicable and normal just like we have Christian laws. The main koko is people still enforcing the bad laws that already outlived their importance.

Example is Nigeria, we have several laws in place but the social media hate bill law is being frowned upon because we thought is is a bad law. So that’s the case of some of the several Shariah laws too.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by EMMY76: 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
LegendHero:

We don’t care if it’s Old Testament or New Testament. It is in the Bible and until they remove it completely from the Bible it is part of the Bible.

You never gave the Muslims that benefit of the doubt in the first place in their Quran, so Bible is Bible!

There is a way Igbo catholic can kill by following the laws of blasphemy in the Old Testament. At least pastors follow the laws of the Old Testament in tithing so why must Christian choose which of the Bible verse to follow?

Now my question, why don’t Igbo catholic or Jews kill people for blaspheming against God? It’s in the Bible, why don’t they follow the teaching and start killing too?

As I earlier told you igbo catholics are followers of the teachings of Jesus Christ he never commanded any of his followers to kill anyone for his sake unlike ur muhammad that instructed u to not only kill blasphemers but also to kill and enslave those that refused to convert to islam this is just the big difference between muslims and christains.
Can you quote anywhere in the holy Bible where Jesus clearly commanded his followers to kill for him?
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by favour32(m): 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
If nor be say...dem for turn Nigeria to Islamic state wey Boko Haram dey fight for.
So,wetin be the difference between Muslim Lawyers Association of Nigeria and Boko Haram?
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Openbusiness: 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
abbey621:

You're still comparing apples with oranges! The people of Kano have spoken and most of them are in favor of Sharia law, this comes from their religious doctrination or brainwashing. The ultimate onus lies with the Nigerian government and if they refuse to interfere then there's nothing anyone can do about it. Just look at the lawyers and the judiciary, no one is stepping up to challenge the Sharia judgment which means it has been accepted as the law of the land. Remember, I'm not arguing about rights or morality but reality! You don't go to Russia and attack the Kremlin becuase you don't believe in their system, you don't go to North Korea and insult Kim because they don't practice democracy. In Kano, the people have accepted Sharia law and the governemnt agrees with them, it matters not what people like you and I believe!
The FG has NOT agreed with them and CANNOT agree with them.

NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION:

Section 15. (1) The motto of the Federal Republic of Nigeria shall be Unity and Faith, Peace and Progress.
(2) Accordingly, national integration shall be actively encouraged, whilst discrimination on the
grounds of place of origin, sex, religion, status, ethnic or linguistic association or ties shall be
prohibited.
(3) For the purpose of promoting national integration, it shall be the duty of the State to:
(a) provide adequate facilities for and encourage free mobility of people, goods
and services throughtout the Federation.
(b) secure full residence rights for every citizen in all parts of the Federation.

Section 38. (1) Every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, including
freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom (either alone or in community with others, and in
public or in private) to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and
observance.

Section 33. (1) Every person has a right to life, and no one shall be deprived intentionally of his life, save in
execution of the sentence of a court in respect of a criminal offence of which he has been found guilty
in Nigeria.

We will write this for [s]all to read. Anyone, soldier or not that kills the Fulani takes a loan repayable one day no matter how long it takes[/s] Buhari regime to read, that Buhari regime should not be a useless regime and should speedily rise and act in defense of a Nigerian citizen who has been arrested, detained and sentenced to die in a brazen violation of his fundamental human rights as a Nigerian citizen.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by LegendHero(m): 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
Benbellamor:
I get you brother, let me reply the bible verse that you quoted, it's applications has ended as confirmed in the scripture below

Christ death has ended it

And back to the Topic
The south may not be practicing it, but the south are part and parcels of the Association of Muslim Lawyers, I'm I right? The northern Muslim refers to them as kafirs.
Their silence means Consent...ishaq Akintola is one of those spearheading the full implementation of aharia in the south

Yoruba...e jé ká ronú o....lets think

Christ death Might have ended it for the Christins but it is still part of the Bible. Have you ever asked any Muslim the context of their Quranic verses? Did you give them any benefit of the doubt to also explain to you whether they have another verse that already ended the other law?

So far it’s in the Bible, people of other religion can always make reference to it and use it for their propaganda just like Christian also quote Quranic verse out of context without allowing Muslims to defend themselves.

I think the Southern Muslims just chose to maintain their lane in this issue and I think it’s best our leaders speak up against what is happening in the North.

Lastly MURIC is just one man organization, you guys should stop using him as a representation of the Muslim Yorubas. Prof Akintola is already lost and I know his FK will be treated soon by we Muslims ourselves.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by xynerise: 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
hayzed1090:

You did not even make one sense in your comment.you want to be proven wrong when all you wrote is out of hatred and pure ignorance .

Hatred? That's far from it. I hate the barbaric practice not the brainwashed people
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:24pm On Aug 29, 2020
NaMeAboki:

I thought you believed in secular society - hypocrite.

Typical oyel mentality - how shallow.

Ok, let me indulge you a little and add more pain to your already tortured soul.

Sharia is here to stay and there is nothing you bigots can do about it.

Secondly, Nigeria will divide only when northerners are ready, i.e. after oil is discovered in commercial quantities in the north and that in the south is finished - so that you ppl will be left with nothing; hahaha, enjoy! cheesy cheesy grin grin

If the oil were to be in a Muslim dominated area you could have called for division of the the country and it would have been divided a long time ago since you have nothing to do with infidels. How can we share our wealth with kuffars?

Do Islam permit you take something from infidels or kuffars since you hate them so much? I don't have time to start quoting hadiths on how a Muslim should treat an infidel.

Infact, Real Islam is not practice in Nigeria, nobody practice real Islam in Nigeria anyone who does would be called an extremist. Music and dancing is Haram in Islam but those who said they are Muslims in northern Nigeria make music. The Yorubas do owembe, these things are Haram in Islam.

As a female you don't go out without a relative (male) but you see Muslim women in Nigeria without male company. Muslim women not putting on clothes that will cancel their bodies.
Amputation for stealing, flogging for fornication and so many still been practice where Islam originate from. These are what these Muslims like Al qeada, Al Shaba, Isil, Boko Haram and some other groups are doing in Muslim majority countries but you call them terrorists.

The only thing holding this country is the oyel in Niger Delta.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by NaMeAboki: 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
muykem:
90% of muslims are terrorists, the different is modi operandi in killing. Anyone supporting death sentence for blasphemy is also a terrorist.

Another bigot spreading a boring stale and over flogged propaganda - try something new and original.

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Gojas: 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
Bastards
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by NaMeAboki: 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
IdisuleOurOwn:

If the oil were to be in a Muslim dominated area you could have called for division of the the country and it would have been divided a long time ago since you have nothing to do with infidels. How can we share our wealth with kuffars?

Do Islam permit you take something from infidels or kuffars since you hate them so much? I don't have time to start quoting hadiths on how a Muslim should treat an infidel.

The only thing holding this country is the oyel in Niger Delta.

With regards to yours above (highlighted in bold).
The answer is YES! - so it will pain you.[b][/b]
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
LegendHero:

Not all Muslim countries practice blasphemy and even Saudi Arabia right now are modifying some of their laws.

The Christian too have the killing punishment for blasphemy in their bible but the Christian leaders are wise enough to refine it so that it can conform with standards of this age and time.

But some of those Islamic countries are still stuck in the past due to the fact that they are rigid to change and that is the case of the North.

True Muslims lol, I’ve always heard that from people and I don’t care whether we are called true or false Muslims. It is not the right of the North to call us true or fake Muslims because they are not the writer of the Quran. Infact most of these rubbish laws are not in the Quran, it’s just what some scholars always write that people now use interchangeable with the Quran.

I will visit the Islam thread on Nairaland. Never been there before and I will try to take the pulse of the Muslims Yoruba on there and see if truly they believe in this kind of barbaric shariah law being discussed on this thread.

Mind you, shariah law in itself is not always bad everytime, there are some of the laws that are applicable and normal just like we have Christian laws. The main koko is people still enforcing the bad laws that already outlived their importance.

Legendhero, below is one southern Muslim, a Yoruba from illorin.
Hebsays true religion don't need modification. They were never from God.

Empiree:
You have excellently said it all. This is a prove that all religions that you mentioned and those your didn't remember to mention are fake.

Imagine religions are modified?. It is a proof they were never from God. Christianity included. Yet you all claimed your religions are from God.

A true religion doesn't need modification. Besides, I still don't get why this judgement is your problem. The law applies to only Muslims and you guys are crying over what doesn't concern you?. Please get over it and move on.

Germany still has capital punishment for whoever doesn't believe in the Holocaust. Doesn't this contrary freedom of speech?. Guys, get over this shit and mind your business. It is still possible the guy may not be executed. He has opportunity to appeal and due process was observed. Law is law. Laws are meant to regulate society.

Let every religion in the world enforce their religious laws and you get to realize Islam is the only religion that accommodate everyone. You will all troop to Islam if every religion is to enforce their religious laws. So get over this buddy and mind your business if you are not Muslim.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by LegendHero(m): 8:36pm On Aug 29, 2020
IdisuleOurOwn:

Legendhero, below is one southern Muslim, a Yoruba from illorin.
Hebsays true religion don't need modification. They were never from God.

Alright I’ve seen that.

Thanks.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by abbey621(m): 8:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
Openbusiness:
The FG has NOT agreed with them and CANNOT agree with them.

NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION:

Section 15. (1) The motto of the Federal Republic of Nigeria shall be Unity and Faith, Peace and Progress.
(2) Accordingly, national integration shall be actively encouraged, whilst discrimination on the
grounds of place of origin, sex, religion, status, ethnic or linguistic association or ties shall be
prohibited.
(3) For the purpose of promoting national integration, it shall be the duty of the State to:
(a) provide adequate facilities for and encourage free mobility of people, goods
and services throughtout the Federation.
(b) secure full residence rights for every citizen in all parts of the Federation.

Section 38. (1) Every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, including
freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom (either alone or in community with others, and in
public or in private) to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and
observance.

Section 33. (1) Every person has a right to life, and no one shall be deprived intentionally of his life, save in
execution of the sentence of a court in respect of a criminal offence of which he has been found guilty
in Nigeria.

We will write this for [s]all to read. Anyone, soldier or not that kills the Fulani takes a loan repayable one day no matter how long it takes[/s] Buhari regime to read, that Buhari regime should not be a useless regime and should speedily rise and act in defense of a Nigerian citizen who has been arrested, detained and sentenced to die in a brazen violation of his fundamental human rights as a Nigerian citizen.

keep deluding yourself! Words are one thing but actions are another! You can't tell me the government is against Herdsmen when they watch them kill hundreds even thousands. You can't tell me the governemnt is against Sharia when many have been stonned/flogged and even executed for having a different opinion from that of religious doctrines. You can continue quoting Constitution but even your SANS and lawyers are not rushing in to help the poor lad, the Nigerian executivegovernment has failed him, the judiciary has failed him and the legislative are a bunch of criminals. TELL ME AGAIN HOW USEFUL YOUR CONSTITUTION IS?
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by LegendHero(m): 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
Empiree:
You have excellently said it all. This is a prove that all religions that you mentioned and those your didn't remember to mention are fake.

Imagine religions are modified?. It is a proof they were never from God. Christianity included. Yet you all claimed your religions are from God.

A true religion doesn't need modification. Besides, I still don't get why this judgement is your problem. The law applies to only Muslims and you guys are crying over what doesn't concern you?. Please get over it and move on.

Germany still has capital punishment for whoever doesn't believe in the Holocaust. Doesn't this contrary freedom of speech?. Guys, get over this shit and mind your business. It is still possible the guy may not be executed. He has opportunity to appeal and due process was observed. Law is law. Laws are meant to regulate society.

Let every religion in the world enforce their religious laws and you get to realize Islam is the only religion that accommodate everyone. You will all troop to Islam if every religion is to enforce their religious laws. So get over this buddy and mind your business if you are not Muslim.

Quick question:
Do you agree with the verdict that the man should be killed because of blaspheming against Mohammed?

If you have the power to say YEs or NO to decide the killing of the guy, what would your response be?

Thanks in anticipation to your reply.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Openbusiness: 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
LegendHero:

I understand you clearly bro. You have your point but with regards to assimilation, there are many reason why religious terror cannot take foothold in the SW.

The greatest bond in life is that of the blood. I will forever respect our Yoruba ancestors for what they did with the issue of religion.

Now how will someone kill his blood for religion especially among the Yorubas. Almost 70% or more of families in the SW have a mixture of religion in the extended family.

My mom is Christian and dad is Muslim. Some of my brothers are Muslims while I identify as a Christian. I know several bible verses off hand due to the influence of my mom and my elder brother that identified as a Muslim got married to a Christian.

This example above can also be seen in most families in the SW. To some it might be nuclear family, while to some it’s extended family.

Another reason is that the Yorubas see religion as a spiritual thing and a means to an end. That is why Alhaja can attend evening church services for miracle while a Christian woman can go to Alfa side to pray against problem.

We have come too far and the bond is that of blood.

Can you see why we are different from the core North? It’s a total different case entirely and MURIC will not even be able to do anything because he would he dealt with right from the mosque by Muslims themselves.

See you are very correct and I used to share this your views too, until recent events upgraded my perceptions. As for North, let's face the facts, can anybody in the 80's ever believe that the North can turn to a region where Northerners themselves will turn to suicide bombers and terrorists that will be destroying cities, destroying military barracks and fighting war with the military like it is happening now? The signs were there since the 70's that the North was heading in that direction, but people generally dismissed it like you are doing now that it can never get to that point. But that's what happens when we forget history, because if we had not forgotten the history of Uthman Danfodio era then we should know the foundation was still there and hibernating and the wrong steps could wake up those ideas of national religious conquest again that went to sleep in the wake of a new era. Now, look at the North today. A region known for calm and tranquility that it had attained after a dark era of bloodletting is now back to the era of bloodletting. The Southwest may not be as fragmented as the North in terms of oneness of tribal identity but I am telling you that the bond the Yoruba ancestor has among themselves and community is getting weaker and not like before again. Slowly, fanatic groups like MURIC are creeping in, don't they have followers, don't they have youths they are schooling and influencing and teaching their fanaticism to? The Yusuf guy that started Boko Haram, that was how he used was a preacher in his sect too, and slowly they grew into what the Nigerian Army has not been able to conquer in over 10 years, a whole army of the country oh, not like they are fighting against a single agency like LASTMA or Civil Defense. The Armed Forces of the federal republic itself. So, it's better the southwest leaders start taking conscious decisions and take deliberate precautionary actions to guide its people away from that path, and instill the ideology of their ancestors into the youths that Tribe before religion, so that the southwest won't end up like the North.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
NaMeAboki:

With regards to yours above (highlighted in bold).
The answer is YES! - so it will pain you.[b][/b]

I know, I am a Muslim myself.
I have read extensively about Islam especially works of medieval scholars and I know.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by kaaybest(m): 8:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
Wide �
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by dokyOloye: 8:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
Openbusiness:
I have lived 90% of my life so far in the southwest. Did the southwest used to have agitation for wearing hijab in schools before? Such things were only applicable to Muslim schools like Ansarudeen etc. When I was growing up, Ansarudeen no far from my house, like 1 street away. I used to enter there sometimes, when we children dey play for street, those imams no dey discriminate, they treat all of us like their own children. As at then, the religious schools wey dey reign for Lagos na Our lady of Apostle, Wesley Girls, Methodist Girls and Reagan etc for Christians; and then Ansarudeen and Anwarudeen etc for Muslims... wey I know. Private and government schools did their things without religous interference or fanaticism approach. All through out my schooling, nothing like say hijab for school. Is that the same thing today in the southwest? Is there no agitation for religous interference, is that not an evidence of fanaticism growing? When I was growing up, in the southwest nothing like differentiation or discrimination, nobody carry religion for head, so far you are Yoruba, you are seen as One and the same, even outsiders self, so far you don belong for the area. We laugh together, live together, play together, enter eachother houses, do everything like one big extended family. But now, there is a lot of subtle religious discrimination going on. When I was growing up, when Muslims see you and they want to greet, they will say, Ekaro, or Ekale or Eka san etc depending on the time of the day and the talk will flow from there. But now, fanaticism is rising and religous discrimination is working in the background, when Muslims see you, they will say Asamalekun, because they wanna know if you are Muslim or not, and from there, if you say Malekun wa Salam, they will warm up to you as an insider, but if your reply is hanging, they will know this one is an outsider and stylishly treat you that way, they will now change the greeting to a normal style, Eka to, but they have already marked you down as an outsider. So I know what I'm saying. Not to now mention for person wey no bw Yoruba by tribe. Gradually, the Southwest is going the way of the North. The Southwest in 2020 is where the North was in 1980 in terms of religious assimilation and fanaticism. But they are heading in the same direction. Was the North always this fanatic? No! Many of my ancestors were born and lived most of their lives in the North. My grandmother, God rest her soul, you no go ever know say the woman no b Northerner. Because everything about her is just like an Hausa person. She speak Hausa pass hausa people sef. She lived in the North for about 45 years. From 1920 to around 1967. And she will tell us stories of life in the North.
Tell him

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by nijascammers: 8:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
barojana:

Just imagine what you just said now. Free Speech!!!

Now imagine some idiots in the core north, if they could identify you they would call for their govt to kill you because of a six worded sentence you typed.

You’re a bigot and that’s why Nigeria can never be great . So the prophet can’t fight for himself you will be the one to defend him . Then make yourself a prophet .
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by LegendHero(m): 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
Openbusiness:
See you are very correct and I used to share this your views too, until recent events upgraded my perceptions. As for North, let's face the facts, can anybody in the 80's ever believe that the North can turn to a region where Northerners themselves will turn to suicide bombers and terrorists that will be destroying cities, destroying military barracks and fighting war with the military like it is happening now? The signs were there since the 70's that the North was heading in that direction, but people generally dismissed it like you are doing now that it can never get to that point. But that's what happens when we forget history, because if we had not forgotten the history of Uthman Danfodio era then we should know the foundation was still there and hibernating and the wrong steps could wake up those ideas of national religious conquest again that went to sleep in the wake of a new era. Now, look at the North today. A region known for calm and tranquility that it had attained after a dark era of bloodletting is now back to the era of bloodletting. The Southwest may not be as fragmented as the North in terms of oneness of tribal identity but I am telling you that the bond the Yoruba ancestor has among themselves and community is getting weaker and not like before again. Slowly, fanatic groups like MURIC are creeping in, don't they have followers, don't they have youths they are schooling and influencing and teaching their fanaticism to? The Yusuf guy that started Boko Haram, that was how he used was a preacher in his sect too, and slowly they grew into what the Nigerian Army has not been able to conquer in over 10 years, a whole army of the country oh, not like they are fighting against a single agency like LASTMA or Civil Defense. The Armed Forces of the federal republic itself. So, it's better the southwest leaders start taking conscious decisions and take deliberate precautionary actions to guide its people away from that path, and instill the ideology of their ancestors into the youths that Tribe before religion, so that the southwest won't end up like the North.

Nice submission. You have a point.

The SW leaders should just continue to make sure we strengthen the religious bond and everyone should continue to come out to condemn MURIC utterances like we’ve been doing.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by asamaigho(m): 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
[quote author=Goldencheese post=93357398]For blasphemy, you kill a man and you say the God you serve is the most merciful and most beneficent? But someone is stuffing millions of dollars in his pocket but you do nothing about it but rather give him a second chance to continue his position as governor. What a travesty of justice and alarming hypocrisy at its height!

Religion is the bane of humanity indeed; Karl Marx calls it the opium of the people.[/quote
nope islam is ......stol lumping others religion togeda.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Excuses: 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2020
Layksaide:

This reminds me of Major Orkar's coup

That's my brother oh..He wanted to change the statuscore but...well..that's the story! painful....

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Dora Akunyili's Husband, Chike Is Laid To Rest (Pictures) / Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month / Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.