Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer (38240 Views)

South-East South-South Professionals Association Of Nigeria Endorses Peter Obi / 2023 Presidency: In Supremacy Contest For Kano, Atiku, Tinubu Go Dirty / Bus Conductors Association Of Nigeria Endorses Buhari For A 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Openbusiness: 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
abbey621:

[s]The truth is you are very simple minded by looking at this from just a religious point of view. The issue here is not strictly religion but one of law. The law being practiced in Kano is Sharia. The law is very specific and citizens who do not wish to abide by the law should not live there. You don't go to China and practice democracy, you don't go to Russia and curse the Kremlin. the problem here is that the Nigerian government has chosen to give these animals more power than they deserve, Sharia law should not supercede the Nigerian Constitution which safeguards freedom of speech, if you must blame anyone BLAME YOUR CLUELESS GOVERNMENT![/s]
Oga by your very own logic, you have invalidated your own comment. Kano State in under Nigerian territory and under Nigeria's sovereignty. Nigeria has a Constitution, and the Constitution of Nigeria is the highest law and the FUNDAMENTAL LAW in the land, that supercedes any other supplementary laws. Sharia law is a supplementary law, it is a secondary law and wherever Sharia law and Nigeria Constitution law clash or oppose one another, it is the Nigeria Constitutional law that must be followed and obeyed and Sharia law will be set aside and ignored. The Nigerian Constitution gives every citizen the right to live in any part of the country, subject to the Constitution of Nigeria. So what do you mean by "citizens who do not wish to abide by the law should not live there"? What do you mean by "The law being practiced in Kano is Sharia", are you trying to tell me that the Nigerian Constitution as a law does not function or have jurisdiction of operation in Kano State? Does Sharia law supercede the Constitution? Mtchwwwwwww

8 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by LegendHero(m): 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
Openbusiness:
fanaticism has started in Southwest too and MURIC is a proof of this, and if not curtailed fast, in another 15 to 20 years, you will start seeing terrorists in the Southwest too. Southwest fanaticism level right now is where the North was in the early 1980s, while the North has advanced to terrorism levels since early 2000. In the next 15 to 20 years, the North will have advanced to Afghanistan Alqaeda + Hezbollah + ISIS levels and that place will be another terrorism empire like Yemen, and a war zone like Syria. But if Southwest is not checked on time, in another 20 years, they will have advanced to where the North is today.

People that think about the SW that way will only wait till eternity if they think any fanatism can rear its root In the SW.

MURIC is just basking in the fame of the moment, with time the Prof himself will see he is on a futile effort coz the ideology of religious tolerance is totally ingrained in the DNA of the average Yoruba man and woman.

Let me ask you a question:
Is it possible for Catholic SE’ners to kill SE Anglicans or SE Jews based on religion?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by ZinoFasisi: 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
thaoriginator:
No, we don't worship Mohammad like you Christians do praise the white Jesus as your personal lord and saviour.

What's ur stand on this issue?
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Lablover01: 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
Lovelyn451:
Honestly eh, if my parents were Muslims I will grow up and covert to a christian..this is not life abeg...haba

I don't think you will be able to do that.
Early indoctrination is a very difficult force to overcome.
Those guys in the core north are right in their own perspectives.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Deicide: 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
I noticed in this thread that the Muslims aren't saying anything they just kept quiet just like with the case of Boko Haran.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by surgical: 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
Openbusiness:
Nawa oh shocked. I swear any Southerner that becomes president in 2023 and does not divide this country, Lord Luggard hell go b like candle light for where your own hell fire go dey. We are clearly not compatible. We can still be collecting visa and visiting each other's country abeg. Breaking up will favor everybody, because everybody can now live whatever lifestyle they want without forcing it on anyone else. People that believe in freedom of speech can stay on one side in their own country and practice it; and people that believe in killing people who say things about their religion that they don't like but like rehabilitating and reintegrating terrorists who kill and destroy can stay on one side in their own country too. Everybody can be happy.
Then don't vote for any candidate supported by the northern elite
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Enceladus(m): 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
Aboki99:
Can you refer me to the link of the news of him denouncing Islam. Pls do and put me to shame.
And is there anyone cursed besides he who is defrauded by entrepreneurs parading themselves as men of God. One who does not practice what his scriptures preaches becoz he is deceived that once he claims by word of mouth that "a man approved of God" was Lord and "begotten son of..." would make heaven? One who does not have morality or conscience? Who who began to wear cloth as recently as 20th century? One who does what he wants under the pretext that someone had died for his sins?

Is he not a member of the Tijaniyyah sect, the loyalist of Senegalese Ibrahim Nyass? Yes he's still islam but not part of your sect and school of belief.
And for your other ramblings, they are not worthy of reply so I won't waste my time. Adios my friend.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by obama30: 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
HigherEd:

SOURCE

If it issues that concerns Igbo's the supreme Court by a Yoruba judge will have power to abolish tradition that is not danger for humanity.

But here are the national law defenders backing up another law that didn't make them whom they are. With silly excuses. One Nigeria indeeded

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by FIRDAUS3(m): 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
Alhamdulilah
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Layksaide(m): 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
SmartProf:
Lord Lugard really dealt with us in 1914 by uniting us with religiously brainwashed mammals. Now look at the cancer we are having to deal with. Meanwhile, I see a whole lot of these rich Muslims & Arabs in Europe flexing & enjoying a liberal society, and I laugh at their hypocrisy. For legal professionals to think along religious lines in a secular society like Nigeria, which has national laws just tells you that based on ideology, they are not so different from Boko Haram extremists..it's just that these northern muslim lawyers don't live & practice law in Sambisa.

This reminds me of Major Orkar's coup

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
Pymetrics:

Not every part of Nigeria is secular. Sharia law is recognized by Nigeria for some states. That's why I said no the law of your land before you speak.

Every part of Nigeria is secular because we have just one constitution, and this constitution does not allow state religion.

Let's assume the musician was not arrested or sue to court, is it proper for someone to just open his mouth and say negatives and derogatory words about sacred being of other people's religion? No one has even condemned the guy for what he did. He's completely wrong either with sharia or no any law.

It is wrong to use derogatory words to describe what someone else holds sacred. But it is more evil to kill someone because they used derogatory words to describe what you hold sacred.

It is totally wrong, and primitive to shed blood because someone said something you find offensive against your idol or god.

The operational law in Nigeria is the constitution. Sharia law should not have the power to sentence people to death for breaking Islamic laws.

In the constitution, a punishment must suit the crime. Only the constitution (through the judiciary) should have the right to take the life of a citizen of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Wize1: 6:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
kikero:

Well, our secular system of justice has plenty issues (awaiting trial for years , corruption, not enough judges, prolonged cases, poorly handled evidence, etc).

The truth is , if our secular system was working well, there probably won't have been demand for Shari'a really.

Thats why we have to elect politicians who would make our secular system of justice run well , so that there would be no demand for religion in governance, especially Islamist.

Maybe if our secular system was run well in the first instance, there might have been zero demand for Shari'a law, or it would have stayed in the realm.of personal, not creep into criminal.

No! There is no justification for barbarism. No system of justice on earth works efficiently. Not even the US, Britain, or any for that matter. Yet, that is no excuse for groups to butcher their fellow citizens in the name of by laws. It’s 2020, and fundamental human rights (including the laws to live and let live) are the basis and principles for laws guiding associations. So let us know where you stand and be clear! Is it justified for this man to be butchered by other sinners like him or not?

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by EMMY76: 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2020
So the supreme court can't do anything to save this helpless musician?
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Aboki99(m): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
From outside or an outsider, it is true that Islam looks complicated. Talk of the years of stereotypes, blackmail and what nots by the media!

From those of us within bro, islam is the most simplest religion to do. It is a source of happiness, peace of mind, solace, contentment, tranquility of the heart and whatnot for us.

If islam is as complicated and terrible as outsiders claim, you think over 1.6b of us would remain in it? Search in the Yotube for Joram van Klavaren, Lauren Booth, Yvonne Ridley, Anthony Green, Prof Jefry Lang, and Yusuf Estes for an honest, unbiased account of the religion we practice.

I do understand and in fact appreciate the fear of those outside islam like you. It is normal and rational for human beings to fear the unknown, something they have never ever bothered to investigate or researched on. And yes Muslims or even xtians and their actions are not synonymous. Religions like xtianity and Islam may be perfect but there adherents most DEFINITELY are not. Let's try to know things b4 we rush to condemn them.

Ethanuella:

So you expect a newspaper or other media publication(s) just for denouncement of faith?

Why does YOUR religion always have to make things complicated?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by tollyboy5(m): 6:24pm On Aug 29, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
I promise the following:

-Never to vote for a Muslim Candidate in any election.

-Never to buy Halal meat from any muslim butcher. I will eat only meat slaughtered by a single strike to the head or neck.

-Never to employ practicing muslims in any job or business.

-Socially boycott them wherever possible.

Our democracy is under threat. Nigeria is NOT and must NOT be allowed to be a muslim country.

The man being killed just like mubarak bala is just born into a muslim family but they are ATHEISTS. Tomorrow if we all convert to islam or are forced to become muslim, then we wont be allowed to raise our voices or leave this cult.

If we as Nigerians keep quiet when this sentence is carried out, then next they will come after us.
Brother I'm from Lagos I'm a Christian my cousin are Muslims salah meat is sweet o! My cousin celebrate christmass and new year also so why boycott innocent people due to northern atrocities

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by abbey621(m): 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
Openbusiness:
Oga by your very own logic, you have invalidated your own comment. Kano State in under Nigerian territory and under Nigeria's sovereignty. Nigeria has a Constitution, and the Constitution of Nigeria is the highest law and the FUNDAMENTAL LAW in the land, that supercedes any other supplementary laws. Sharia law is a supplementary law, it is a secondary law and wherever Sharia law and Nigeria Constitution law clash or oppose one another, it is the Nigeria Constitutional law that must be followed and obeyed and Sharia law will be set aside and ignored. The Nigerian Constitution gives every citizen the right to live in any part of the country, subject to the Constitution of Nigeria. So what do you mean by "citizens who do not wish to abide by the law should not live there"? What do you mean by "The law being practiced in Kano is Sharia", are you trying to tell me that the Nigerian Constitution as a law does not function or have jurisdiction of operation in Kano State? Does Sharia law supercede the Constitution? Mtchwwwwwww

If you read my comment and comprehend, you would realize that I gave superiority to the Nigerian Constitution but when you have a clueless and useless government that has chosen to give undeserved power to supplementary laws such as Sharia then what exactly can you do? The law in Kano is Sharia, the people accepted it and the government acknowledges it, let's not pretend here if the govenrment did not support it, they would have put a stop to it in a blink of an eye...So the answer to your question is YES, SHARIA SUPERCEDES THE NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION IN KANO!

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by abbey621(m): 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
xynerise:

You think the same will happen in the Islamic world? How many years now?

Enlightenment happened in Christianity when Protestants broke off and split the religion into multiple interpreattions, the same will happen to Islam sooner than later. The Sunni majority will be divided into newer more realistic interpretations!
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by chakula: 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
What many members on board fail to understand is posting insults and other forms of garbage is not a medium to extend their hatred to muslim and the north at large rather using audio method. This site is not at all not popular to the northners and they dont care about it. Whatever you place here is for you alone, it will not change anything. The dude in question is muslim and many his dependant here are christian, what a hypocrite? If not because of his convict many of you will not care about him and beside, he comes close to you all sort of names will be tag on him. So you should kindly stay away from affairs that concern you not.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by abbey621(m): 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
[quote author=P1PrinceKT post=93361079][/quote]

My identity is unidentified??
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by EMMY76: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
LegendHero:
The core North is lost forever.

A combination of Islam and core North is too toxic to contain and it will always breed disaster.

The major reason is that they see Islam as a total way of life and they are too rigid to change and stuck with the Shariah law that already outlived its importance.

Some might say it’s lack of education but that’s wrong. The doctrine is too potent such that even intellectuals seems to be at the frontline of this brutality. That was why I said they are lost forever.

At least we Muslims in the south have learnt to differentiate Islam from culture which explained why all this rubbish cannot take hold here.

It’s really sad that the major leaders of the North continue to maintain culture of silence in this show of shame!

So u mean a yoruba muslim in the sw who blasphem the name of muhammad won't be killed?
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Dayvidblue: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
Why are your posts always controversial?
Do you take what he said literally, that was pure sacasm.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
Wize1:

No! There is no justification for barbarism. No system of justice on earth works efficiently. Not even the US, Britain, or any for that matter. Yet, that is no excuse for groups to butcher their fellow citizens in the name of by laws. It’s 2020, and fundamental human rights (including the laws to live and let live) are the basis and principles for laws guiding associations. So let us know where you stand and be clear! Should this man be butchered by other sinners like him or not?

Let me repeat myself clearly.

If our secular system had been working properly, there would have been no demand for barbaric religious laws

Good evening.I honestly don't know how calling out the weaknesses in the secular system means i back Sharia. I don't. Fix the secular system, and no one would even consider Sharia.

Sigh
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by LegendHero(m): 6:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
EMMY76:

So u mean a yoruba muslim in the sw who blasphem the name of muhammad won't be killed?

Will an Igbo catholic be killed in the SE for blaspheming against the name of Jesus?
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by tot(f): 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
Wize1:

No! There is no justification for barbarism. No system of justice on earth works efficiently. Not even the US, Britain, or any for that matter. Yet, that is no excuse for groups to butcher their fellow citizens in the name of by laws. It’s 2020, and fundamental human rights (including the laws to live and let live) are the basis and principles for laws guiding associations. So let us know where you stand and be clear! Is it justified for this man to be butchered by other sinners like him or not?

He is always sitting on the fence in the name of being politically correct. People won't speak the truth even it's right in front of them.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by TimeManager(m): 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
Openbusiness:
7 countries. [s]Southwest will divide into 2, because in the long run what is happening in the North now will happen in the southwest too.[/s] North into 2. SS, SE and Middlebelt. Na this formula go bring peace.
your family will divide into 2.

kiss the truth!
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by kazeem74: 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
The Presidency, Governors Forum, Senators, House of Reps, Religion Leaders, Human Rights and well known Nigerian should condem the death sentence judgement and plead unbehalf of the man
Rosululahi SAW said we should move with trends of development in whatever we are doing in life- Other purnishment or discipline can be apply to the offence for sake of respect to humanity- Longer Live Nigeria
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Openbusiness: 6:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
LegendHero:

People that think about the SW that way will only wait till eternity if they think any fanatism can rear its root In the SW.

MURIC is just basking in the fame of the moment, with time the Prof himself will see he is on a futile effort coz the ideology of religious tolerance is totally ingrained in the DNA of the average Yoruba man and woman.

I have lived 90% of my life so far in the southwest. Did the southwest used to have agitation for wearing hijab in schools before? Such things were only applicable to Muslim schools like Ansarudeen etc. When I was growing up, Ansarudeen no far from my house, like 1 street away. I used to enter there sometimes, when we children dey play for street, those imams no dey discriminate, they treat all of us like their own children. As at then, the religious schools wey dey reign for Lagos na Our lady of Apostle, Wesley Girls, Methodist Girls and Reagan etc for Christians; and then Ansarudeen and Anwarudeen etc for Muslims... wey I know. Private and government schools did their things without religous interference or fanaticism approach. All through out my schooling, nothing like say hijab for school. Is that the same thing today in the southwest? Is there no agitation for religous interference, is that not an evidence of fanaticism growing? When I was growing up, in the southwest nothing like differentiation or discrimination, nobody carry religion for head, so far you are Yoruba, you are seen as One and the same, even outsiders self, so far you don belong for the area. We laugh together, live together, play together, enter eachother houses, do everything like one big extended family. But now, there is a lot of subtle religious discrimination going on. When I was growing up, when Muslims see you and they want to greet, they will say, Ekaro, or Ekale or Eka san etc depending on the time of the day and the talk will flow from there. But now, fanaticism is rising and religous discrimination is working in the background, when Muslims see you, they will say Asamalekun, because they wanna know if you are Muslim or not, and from there, if you say Malekun wa Salam, they will warm up to you as an insider, but if your reply is hanging, they will know this one is an outsider and stylishly treat you that way, they will now change the greeting to a normal style, Eka to, but they have already marked you down as an outsider. So I know what I'm saying. Not to now mention for person wey no bw Yoruba by tribe. Gradually, the Southwest is going the way of the North. The Southwest in 2020 is where the North was in 1980 in terms of religious assimilation and fanaticism. But they are heading in the same direction. Was the North always this fanatic? No! Many of my ancestors were born and lived most of their lives in the North. My grandmother, God rest her soul, you no go ever know say the woman no b Northerner. Because everything about her is just like an Hausa person. She speak Hausa pass hausa people sef. She lived in the North for about 45 years. From 1920 to around 1967. And she will tell us stories of life in the North.

7 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by DonCandido(f): 6:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
Bunch of Idiats!
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
Different countries in one country
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by EMMY76: 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
Muslims claimed that Jesus was a muslim but yet they don't practice his teachings where he said if anyone haven't sinned before he should be the first person to stone and kill sinners.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by ajl: 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
Chosen1984:
How I wish the Eyes and Understanding of People will be Open to see God Almighty Reaction to what His Creatures are trying to do..

All the same! My Admonishment to this Brother is to see this as a Privilege Death.

Confess all Sins, Surrender Completely to Jesus and just let them do their thing. I assure Him that if He does this, He will be Received into the Loving Arms of My Daddy in Heaven..

You are really not different from those lawyers. You are all living in lala-land. How surprised and shocked you will all be. The Yorubas call people like you "Adorun Moto". Those who only learn the truth after passing on to the great beyond.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
tollyboy5:

Brother I'm from Lagos I'm a Christian my cousin are Muslims salah meat is sweet o! My cousin celebrate christmass and new year also so why boycott innocent people due to northern atrocities

People like you are a parts of the problem. You are the ones feeding fuel to the furnace.

Instead of promoting and practicing Ifa you are encouraging these foreign destructive cults.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

"The Other Room" Trends On Twitter. Nse Ikpe Etim Joins / APC Replies Davido, Calls Him A "Political Novice" / Avengers Bomb NNPC And Chevron Pipelines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.