Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating (39303 Views)

BBNaija: Erica's Igbo Cultural Presentation Impresses South Africans / Biggie Tells Dorathy To Leave Diary Room Over Indecent Dressing / Dorathy, Busty BBNaija 2020 Housemate Trending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by clockwisereport: 10:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
Homeboiy:

Ishiri aga je ma mu? �

I gwarum ne i bu onye Obukpa
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by Okechukwu22(m): 10:42pm On Aug 29, 2020
Lol � am from Ukpo in dunkorfia of anambra am not igbo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.... Some tribes can be funny lol they probably migrated for bini kingdom with one of the obas son and ditched there language to start speaking igbo languages

1 Like

Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by kandydude1(m): 10:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
The only mistake from the presentation was the fact that she claimed being a Deltan (Agbors to be precise), aside the dressing every other thing depicts Igbo.
A typical Agbor person won't say 'Afam bu' (my name is) and an Ika born won't give u that dance step as traditional dance.
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by Luckydubby7(m): 10:55pm On Aug 29, 2020
Chikarata2020:
I can't get this arguement, how can people bearing igbo names say that they are not igbo, anyway the crude oil that is pooping there head up is not even benefiting them talk more of Igbos they claim they are not.
Rotimi Amachi, is Igbo/Yoruba?
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by Abagworo(m): 11:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
If she feels Ika is Igbo that's her cup of tea. She should have restricted her presentation to Ika and left real Igbos out of it. In Delta State the Igbos who occupy mainly Oshimili and Aniocha are easily distinguished by their academic and career excellence..

3 Likes

Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by observanc1: 11:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
nanauju:

Good gracious me!..

So there's a tribe called ika

My God! How many tribes do we have in this country sef
there is no tribe called ika. Ika is a local govt in delta state

2 Likes

Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by passiveincome01: 11:22pm On Aug 29, 2020
HMmmm
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by AmuDimpka: 11:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Another one

Cc legitnow

See how sensible beings behave..

Meanwhile she said Delta state is referred to as big heart and without doubt her heart is big..Lol

Milk everywhere..

she wants Igbo votes that's why she is claiming Igbo ....the real Igbo in delta are the enuani and Ukwuani .Ika position is a bit confusing
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by TimeManager(m): 11:34pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ishilove:
This one has never been to her hometown and doesn't know what she saying.

Ibo kwenu ko, ibo kwara ni. Mscheeeeeeeew
Jesu! .. eleyi ti poju na! cheesy

kiss the truth!
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by AmuDimpka: 11:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
Abagworo:
If she feels Ika is Igbo that's her cup of tea. She should have restricted her presentation to Ika and left real Igbos out of it. In Delta State the Igbos who occupy mainly Oshimili and Aniocha are easily distinguished by their academic and career excellence..

she is a smart girl...she wants Igbo votes because she knows that Ika votes can't take her anywhere , and knowing how emotional Igbo are..they would sing kumbaya

Ike gwuru Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
Lovelyn451:
speak for yourself, she identified as an Igbo girl from the south south region and her Igbo name is ndidiamaka...you can also identify as chukwudi from osun state...confusionist!
grin grin
Don't mind those confused people.
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by AmuDimpka: 11:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
Okechukwu22:
Lol � am from Ukpo in dunkorfia of anambra am not igbo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.... Some tribes can be funny lol they probably migrated for bini kingdom with one of the obas son and ditched there language to start speaking igbo languages

just few poles ,they came with Eze Chime and said he. is a Benin man...abeg do Benin bear chime and Eze as names

.they also forgot tgwwir languages and culture. all of a sudden

.whoever told them that story most be stupid and whoever believed that Benin story are just plainly dumb!

1 Like

Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by AmuDimpka: 11:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ishilove:
This one has never been to her hometown and doesn't know what she saying.

Ibo kwenu ko, ibo kwara ni. Mscheeeeeeeew

this confused Ukwuani lady, in your old age ..you still haven't changed or start listening to voice of reason....at your age you don't know that it's Igbo not ibo ..

inaaza ishiluv ka obu oduluv

4 Likes

Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by AmuDimpka: 11:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
Luckydubby7:
Am from Agbor Delta State.
I'm not an Igbo.

who be this one ..na who sabi you ? we dey talk of important folks saying they are Igbo. not your type

butterflies feeling like birds

3 Likes

Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by AmuDimpka: 11:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
molbic:
ikwerre people of River State irritates me more all of them have igbo names but tell them they are igbo they would tell you how they are not igbo

those ones lead the pack and many Igbo don't count them alone of them
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
molbic:
ikwerre people of River State irritates me more all of them have igbo names but tell them they are igbo they would tell you how they are not igbo

If they chose not to be Igbo,how is that a problem please ? You can't force people to accept what they don't want. As a Yoruba man,I have come across so many itshekiri guys who openly identified with the Yoruba's culture and acknowledged their Yoruba's root and heritage. And also, I have met so many others who do not want to have anything to do with the Yoruba. For me,this is not any problem.

The fact is that people have the right to chose what they want to be and what they want to be identified with. So if an Ikwere man whose name is Uche or an Itshekiri man whose name is Omatshola (Omoshola) does not want to identity with Igbo or Yoruba respectively, I don't see it any problem 'cause it is not.

What I see as a problem is somebody from Arochukwu calling my ancestral land "a no man's land" because of his stupid obsession with my land! Only bastards point to their father's house with left hands !

1 Like

Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by Prosperchuks1344(m): 12:08am On Aug 30, 2020
scholes0:

Because the main purpose of this thread is to start a discussion about Ikas and show to the world that an Ika girl on BBN represented herself as Ibo.

Pained grin
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by Lajet: 12:19am On Aug 30, 2020
Luckydubby7:
Am from Agbor Delta State.
I'm not an Igbo.

Who asked you if you are igbo or not? And who care if you are not igbo

1 Like

Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by sircatherine45(m): 12:20am On Aug 30, 2020
clockwisereport:

I gwarum ne i bu onye Obukpa

Ibu onye Obomkpa?
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by Igboid: 12:33am On Aug 30, 2020
I was taken aback when she claimed Igbo.
Because I know many from Agbor are not comfortable with Igbo tag.

I felt she is playing the usual parasitic attachment to Igbo tag the confused Igbo speaking but Bini claiming tribes in SS (Rivers And Delta state) do whenever they need to benefit from Igbo population.

But she appears genuine , grew up outside Agbor and probably untainted by the senseless Igbophobic mindsets prevalent from those parts.

If you raise an Agbor girl or boy outside Agbor land, and don't corrupt him/her with the " we are Bini people, Igbos are dubious people" mindset the normal Ika parents corrupt their children mindsets with from childhood to adulthood, the Agbor girl or boy will probably grow up realizing he/she is same with Ndiigbo and embracing Igbos.

Dorothy father died at her young age. She grew up with her mother who never sowed the Igbophobic mindsets in her.
You can see the difference that makes.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by Igboid: 12:36am On Aug 30, 2020
In Onu Ika forum in facebook, Ika people are spilling bile and cursing her for claiming Igbo.
It's really hilarious.

I don't usually vote for this BBN thing, but I decided to vote for her in the upcoming week if she survives this week eviction.

I hope she isn't playing the usual parasitic attachment game those confused Binis but Igbo speaking groups in South South exhibits.

2 Likes

Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by hammer8: 1:10am On Aug 30, 2020
Igboid:

I felt she is playing the usual parasitic attachment to Igbo tag the confused Igbo speaking but Bini claiming tribes in SS (Rivers And Delta state) do whenever they need to benefit from Igbo population.

But she appears genuine , grew up outside Agbor and probably untainted by the senseless Igbophobic mindsets prevalent from those parts.

If you raise an Agbor girl or boy outside Agbor land, and don't corrupt him/her with the " we are Bini people, Igbos are dubious people" mindset the normal Ika parents corrupt their children mindsets with from childhood to adulthood, the Agbor girl or boy will probably grow up realizing he/she is same with Ndiigbo and embracing Igbos.

Dorothy father died at her young age. She grew up with her mother who never sowed the Igbophobic mindsets in her.

It is very simple, get rid of the Bini political fathers in Agbor and have your people back. I am talking about the Dein for an Obi.
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by Balladinplus: 1:32am On Aug 30, 2020
Afam4eva:
Some people from Agbor/Ika were pissed at her because they were not happy that she was identifying as Igbo instead of just Ika or specifically Agbor. I think everyone has the right to identify how they deem fit. They were even more concerned that she referred to herself as Igbo than the fact that she said that banga is her native food.
Those guys have an identity crisis. How can you speak igbo as your mother tongue, bear Igbo names and still deny being igbo. It beats me what these guys have allowed themselves to be fed with.

1 Like

Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by Ishilove: 2:49am On Aug 30, 2020
AmuDimpka:

this confused Ukwuani lady, in your old age ..you still haven't changed or start listening to voice of reason....at your age you don't know that it's Igbo not ibo ..

inaaza ishiluv ka obu oduluv
You are crazy. I wrote exactly what she was saying so go back and watch the video again, this time paying more attention.

I'm not in the mood for your rubbish this morning. Carry your unfortunate self elsewhere and don't quote me again otherwise terrible things will happen to you this week.
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by Eddygre8(m): 4:32am On Aug 30, 2020
Nice presentation
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:24am On Aug 30, 2020
Chai! Dora is falling my hand!

How is banga soup Ika people's native soup nauu! cry

And Delta's slogan is now "Finger of God."

1 Like

Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:32am On Aug 30, 2020
legitnow:

Like i told u, the Igbo Akiri in Edo said you people should stop calling them Igbanke and that they are Igbo people.

The truth can never go away, no matter how hard u try to hide it.

That is y dey say, nothing is hidden under the sun.

it will come out in the end.

Igbanke people are also known as Igbo Akiri?
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:39am On Aug 30, 2020
Balladinplus:

Those guys have an identity crisis. How can you speak igbo as your mother tongue, bear Igbo names and still deny being igbo. It beats me what these guys have allowed themselves to be fed with.

Serious identity crisis.

1 Like

Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 30, 2020
Luckydubby7:
. Rotimi Amachi, is Igbo/Yoruba?
Yoruba
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 30, 2020
Luckydubby7:
. Rotimi Amachi, is Igbo/Yoruba?
Yoruba
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 30, 2020
AmuDimpka:

just few poles ,they came with Eze Chime and said he. is a Benin man...abeg do Benin bear chime and Eze as names

.they also forgot tgwwir languages and culture. all of a sudden

.whoever told them that story most be stupid and whoever believed that Benin story are just plainly dumb!

Well Bini are revisionist. They behave like that igala man abdullahi, if they see anything that resembles oba cap on your head, automatically you are Bini.

Eze chime left Bini answering chime while the oba was answering eweka, equate and the rest..

So chime fell from the sky and they sent him to onitsha. everything about the analysis is so porous that there is no single connectivity or link..

Same Bini are Yorubas...coz Oranmiyan na Yoruba man..
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 30, 2020
Igboid:

@bolded, is correct . The village champions are just bitter and nothing to offer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Joy' Rejected By Oscars Because Of Too Much English / BBNaija: CeeC Warns Her Father, Others Ahead Of The End Of The Show / Uti Nwachukwu Reacts To Pere And White Money Fight On Bbnaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.