Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060189 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:56pm On Jan 01, 2014
Asorock 1: Hello Tzetzefly and good people of nairaland , happy new year. I want you to please clearify me on this, I have finally decided to go for a particular conference that suits my field , I also got promoted at my office to the position of sales manager with increase in salary from 1xxxxx to 2xxxxx naira. My new position will take effect from January 2014.

This international conference on business and economic development is being organized by the Acadamy of business and retail management and their head office is in UK.

Now my questions are :
1.) will the US embassy recognize the organizers or host of this conference being that they are base in UK but have conferences takin place in Paris, Dubai, UK and US.
2.) I have a UK refusal stamp at the back of my passport , I was refused entry to UK November , the CO stated my income then is low. That's was the only reason i was refused.now hope this won't affect me negatively.
3.) i intend to apply for the conference by feb, 2014 and that will be 7 months after i was refused on first time. Is this enough time as not to show desperation?
4.) which is way do i stand a better chance to get the visa, to state that I will be sponsored by my company with SOA or to go as self sponsor?
5.) the location for the conference is New York , hope it won't be considered expensive though the conference is just 2 days but i will be staying a total of 4 days there.
6.) the reason for my first US interview denial was no travel history, but I have been to Dubai and Ghana, just once each, don't know if this will be considered as change in circumstance by the ECO couple with my promotion at work.

Anticipating your urgent reply. God bless you.

The fact that their office is based in the UK, is important to the VO. They would expect you to have visited the UK for that same conference previously, prior to your application to attend same in the U.S.

Better you seek for a conference with an office in the States.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Yvete(f): 8:04pm On Jan 01, 2014
tzetzefly: Write a single IV letter for the five persons with their names and passport numbers, and send a copy to the Dept of State for record purpose while you also send the same copy to the invitees for presentation during their interview.

Indicate on the letter if you will be responsible for their stay while in the States.

Thanks for the prompt response. I didn't know DOS should be notified of our intent to invite family. Thing is, I have other siblings that are also responsible for their stay. My cousin (in the early stage of her pregnancy) will be the only person staying with me. I asked one of my older siblings to use their information, but the income may not be good enough to host 5 people that's why we suggest a group invitation. What other document is required - Tax papers and statement of account?
Thanks and happy new year.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
Yvete:

Thanks for the prompt response. I didn't know DOS should be notified of our intent to invite family. Thing is, I have other siblings that are also responsible for their stay. My cousin (in the early stage of her pregnancy) will be the only person staying with me if she makes it out here. I asked one of my older siblings to use their information, but I don't think the income is good enough to host 5 people that's why they suggest a group invitation; 4 people in the US inviting 5 people over. What other document is required? Tax papers and statement of account?
Thanks and happy new year.

It is not compulsory that you notify the Dept of State, but this procedure places a burden on you to ensure that your invitees do not overstay. It gives the D.O.S. a benefit of doubt that you can be held responsible in the future if any of your invitees do not return back to their home country.

The onus to prove lies on the invitees during their interview that they know the inviter. Else they will find it difficult to convince the VO.

And the hosts must be able to show that he or she can take care of the guests by providing proof of accomodation etc, during their guest's visit.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mamacita007(f): 9:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
tzetzefly: It gives the D.O.S. A benefit of doubt that you can be held responsible in the future if any of your invitees does not return back to their home country.

Did you see that grin grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shola7777777: 10:04pm On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year!!!!Pls an urgent response wil be appreciated. I have schedule an interview wit us embassy. My aunty who is inviting me only sent an invitation letter clearly stated that I wil be in an her apt for time I m spending there. My concern is she only sent letter and no any other document. Am I good to go??
Re: Usa Visit Visa by surveyor1: 11:18pm On Jan 01, 2014
shola7777777: Happy new year!!!!Pls an urgent response wil be appreciated. I have schedule an interview wit us embassy. My aunty who is inviting me only sent an invitation letter clearly stated that I wil be in an her apt for time I m spending there. My concern is she only sent letter and no any other document. Am I good to go??
Noooo. You are not. She needs to send you her blue passport or green card because that is the proof of her legitimacy in usa hence na gbege....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by salam00: 11:26pm On Jan 01, 2014
Thank you tzetzefly for the reply.

i appreciate it.

Okay, is like this.

Actually, there is a (Marketing Conference) coming up in June, so i want to attend the conference as it will further and broaden my understanding in marketing perspective also benefit to our company's product.

And also there is a (Security Conference & Expo) coming up in May/June which also is good to attend to see latest security products hardwares, so as to recommend to my company, because as a marketing manager i will discover latest up-dated security products.

But pls which one will be more better. Please which will one of them will be more presentable. Let know your opinion.

Thank you,

God bless you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by salam00: 11:28pm On Jan 01, 2014
tzetzefly:

The conference must have a solid bearing on your day to day job functions, and should be relevant to the firm you represent.

Hope that helps to clarify your question?

i appreciate it.

Okay, is like this.

Actually, there is a (Marketing Conference) coming up in June, so i want to attend the conference as it will further and broaden my understanding in marketing perspective also benefit to our company's product.

And also there is a (Security Conference & Expo) coming up in May/June which also is good to attend to see latest security products hardwares, so as to recommend to my company, because as a marketing manager i will discover latest up-dated security products.

But pls which one will be more better. Please which will one of them will be more presentable. Let know your opinion.

Thank you,

God bless you

i appreciate it.

Okay, is like this.

Thank you,

God bless you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:31am On Jan 02, 2014
They don't check dem letters at all. Thought it might come handy its applicants carriage and Info they look at .

Yvete: Happy New Year! Quick question, would it be an overkill to invite about 5 people from Nigeria with 4 invitation letters, tax papers and bank statements?

We are not paying for their tickets, only hosting them in the US. Is there a family application (like a folder with everybody's info in Nigeria combined with my siblings and I over here in the US )? Don't know if this makes sense or do anyone advise that we send one invitation and supporting documents of whoever earns the most? Should they visit the Embassy individually with unique docs.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 02, 2014
I pray they look at it. My Cousin sent copy of His drivers License , American passport. And scanned the letter of invitation duly Notarized. They didn't even look at any and of cos. Was still denied Visa for Visiting

shola7777777: Happy new year!!!!Pls an urgent response wil be appreciated. I have schedule an interview wit us embassy. My aunty who is inviting me only sent an invitation letter clearly stated that I wil be in an her apt for time I m spending there. My concern is she only sent letter and no any other document. Am I good to go??
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Adeogooba: 2:50am On Jan 02, 2014
Happy New Year to everyone,first I want to say thank you for everyones help on this forum.

I actually need help with a question for my business partner,he got a usa visa to attend a conference/exhibtion for the company but we have a business issue that just came up and its obvious he will not be able to attend the program as we planned this month.

so my question is, will his not attending this program for which he got the visa for affect his chances of visa renewal at the end of the 2years expiration of the visa?

can he go to usa maybe next month for another exhibition program without questions about why he did not attend the program he was given visa for in January by the immigration officers at the entrance point to usa?

thanks a lot
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 8:42am On Jan 02, 2014
tzetzefly:

The fact that their office is based in the UK, is important to the VO. They would expect you to have visited the UK for that same conference previously, prior to your application to attend same in the U.S.

Thanks tzetzefly for your reply, but you didn't answer the other questions.

Again what if I tell the ECO that my previous travel to Dubai last year was for conference by the same organizers Even though i went for tourism purpose and my passport only have exit and entry stamp on it.

The organizers of the conference have about 5 business conferences to take place in Dubai , USA , UK.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 9:18am On Jan 02, 2014
tzetzefly:

Again what if I tell the ECO that my previous travel to Dubai last year was for conference by the same organizers Even though i went for tourism purpose and my passport only have exit and entry stamp on it.

The organizers of the conference have about 5 business conferences to take place in Dubai , USA , UK.
Happy new year
Re: Usa Visit Visa by salam00: 2:18pm On Jan 02, 2014
[quote author=salam00]

i appreciate it.

Okay, is like this.

Thank you,

God bless you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
Asorock 1:

Never claim you travelled for business, when your actual purpose for a previous travel was for tourism (mis-representation). You will be placed on a ban!

Do not forget that proof of a conference attendance is with a certificate at the end of the workshop.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2014
salam00:

i appreciate it.

Okay, is like this.

Thank you,

God bless you

Whichever way you put it, the main purpose of attendance if it is to serve your interest and that of the firm you represent, then you should have no problem convincing the VO.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:57pm On Jan 02, 2014
Adeogooba: Happy New Year to everyone,first I want to say thank you for everyones help on this forum.

I actually need help with a question for my business partner,he got a usa visa to attend a conference/exhibtion for the company but we have a business issue that just came up and its obvious he will not be able to attend the program as we planned this month.

so my question is, will his not attending this program for which he got the visa for affect his chances of visa renewal at the end of the 2years expiration of the visa?

can he go to usa maybe next month for another exhibition program without questions about why he did not attend the program he was given visa for in January by the immigration officers at the entrance point to usa?

thanks a lot

There should be no cause for concern, as long as he attends another conference related to that which the visa was issued for previously.

However, your friend must be ready to answer some salient questions if his visa was annotated with the former conference he failed to attend.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Bas20: 12:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
Pls anyone , i filled and submitted my ds-160 form
With an almost expired passport in error (4mnths). Pls how can i rectify dis , my interview is in 1week . Pls an advise is urgently needed plsss
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
Bas20: Pls anyone , i filled and submitted my ds-160 form
With an almost expired passport in error (4mnths). Pls how can i rectify dis , my interview is in 1week . Pls an advise is urgently needed plsss

l think for most countries, the standard procedure is for your passport to be valid for 6months when applying for visa, have you considered contacting immigration if they can extend it for you?...........
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
Bas20: Pls anyone , i filled and submitted my ds-160 form

Actually your question is unclear, but however if your question is that your current passport will expire in less than 4mths time, then you need to get another travel document from the Nigerian Immigration Service and change to your new passport number on your DS-160 form.

But you need to first change your appointment date by sending an e-mail with your query to :

support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Or call the US customer care representative on the number below:

+23414406297
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Yvete(f): 5:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
tzetzefly: The onus to prove lies on the invitees during their interview that they know the inviter. Else they will find it difficult to convince the VO.

Yea, that's true. One last clarification, it's okay to send an invite as a PR, not only for USC, right? Thanks a bunch. You've been helpful Tzetzefly (haven't heard that word in forever). cheesy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Bas20: 6:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
tzetzefly:

Actually your question is unclear, but however if your question is that your current passport will expire in less than 4mths time, then you need to get another travel document from the Nigeria immigration and change your appointment date by sending an e-mail with your query to :

support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Or call the US customer care representative on the number below:

+23414406297

Sorry what i meant was that i used the almost expired passport to complete my application , when i realised it , i renewed it , so i have the renewed one and the one used for the application with me , my challenge is i dont how i will rectify the 6 mnth issue , should i fill another application or just take bothe passports on the day of the interview , just worried i might be denied because of that .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:05pm On Jan 04, 2014
Yvete:

Yea, that's true. One last clarification, it's okay to send an invite as a PR, not only for USC, right? Thanks a bunch. You've been helpful Tzetzefly (haven't heard that word in forever). cheesy

Absolutely no problem for a LPR to invite a relative or friend. Just so long as the responsibility for their time in the States can be assured.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
Bas20:

Sorry what i meant was that i used the almost expired passport to complete my application , when i realised it , i renewed it , so i have the renewed one and the one used for the application with me , my challenge is i dont how i will rectify the 6 mnth issue , should i fill another application or just take bothe passports on the day of the interview , just worried i might be denied because of that .

The passport number on your DS-160 form is what the VO wants to see at the interview and not the newly issued one.

Send a message to the e-mail above and also call that number explaining to the US customer care representative. He/she will clarify to you if you need to pay another application fees and fill a new DS-160.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Bas20: 6:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
tzetzefly:

The passport number on your DS-160 form is what the VO wants to see at the interview and not the newly issued one.

Send a message to the e-mail above and also call that number explaining to the US customer care representative. He/she will clarify to you if you need to pay another application fees and fill a new DS-160.

Ok thanx , will do just that
Re: Usa Visit Visa by salam00: 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
tzetzefly:

Whichever way you put it, the main purpose of attendance if it is to serve your interest and that of the firm you represent, then you should have no problem convincing the VO.

Thank you (tzetzefly)

i appreciate it.

One more thing to clarify.

I'm going to attend a conference towards the ending of June, 2014.

QUESTION (1): What are the necessary documents i will receive from the conference organizer, after i have registered and paid for the
conference? (Payment receipt) or (invitation letter) for the interview and which one is highly regarded?

QUESTION (2): Can i book my appointment a month before my intended date of travel? i.e Can i book an appointment in May, while the
conference will start ending of June?

Thank you,

God bless you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by celosia: 9:10am On Jan 05, 2014
Hi all I really appreciate the answers provided in this section. I have a few questions I want to ask I am applying for b1/b2 visa for a conference in the us coming up in march. I work in a bank. On my ds-160 form there was no place asking me to put my school history I.e the dates I entered and graduated from the university , etc I hope I am in order? Also the conference is for 3 days 6th to 8th and my trip is frm 3rd to 10th if asked what I would be doing on those days before and after the conference what can I say? The conference is aviation related as my branch is situated in the airport and our clients are aviators and aviator related. Thankyou
Re: Usa Visit Visa by celosia: 9:12am On Jan 05, 2014
Jst in additon it only asked me for my work name, monthly income and to briefly describe my duties
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
If apply for the visa alone, without indicating I will be travelling with my baby, how then will i get a visa for my baby?

Thank you!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:40am On Jan 06, 2014
salam00:

Thank you (tzetzefly)

i appreciate it.

One more thing to clarify.

I'm going to attend a conference towards the ending of June, 2014.

QUESTION (1): What are the necessary documents i will receive from the conference organizer, after i have registered and paid for the
conference? (Payment receipt) or (invitation letter) for the interview and which one is highly regarded?

QUESTION (2): Can i book my appointment a month before my intended date of travel? i.e Can i book an appointment in May, while the
conference will start ending of June?

Thank you,

God bless you

The IV documents depends on individual organizers. While some will send you the IV indicating you paid already, others do send an IV seperate from payment receipt which the attendee alone can request for and it would be sent to his/her e-mail or post as the case maybe.

Secondly, you can apply for the conference at any time. The earlier the better to have an early appointment time.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:45am On Jan 06, 2014
bossladyMo: Hello everyone. Please, I intend applying for a US tourist visa in a few months. I would like to know the answer to the following -

1. What are my chances if I apply as a housewife. I'm newly married, I have a 5month old baby and I don't work for now. Although I have about 700k in my personal account
2. Will it better my chances if I don't suggest I'm travelling with my baby.
3. If i apply for the visa alone, without indicating I will be travelling with my baby, how then will i get a visa for my baby?

Thank you!

Your husband can sponsor your trip, and it is advised you attend that interview along with your baby. The CO can outrightly deny your visa if you leave your infant behind.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:48am On Jan 06, 2014
celosia: Jst in additon it only asked me for my work name, monthly income and to briefly describe my duties

The brief description of your job duties is an added advantage for those interviewee who exhibit very high level of stage fright. That addition alone, gives any VO enough flexibility to determine visa issuance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.