Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,918 members, 7,835,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1062560 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:52am On Jan 06, 2014
celosia: Hi all I really appreciate the answers provided in this section. I have a few questions I want to ask I am applying for b1/b2 visa for a conference in the us coming up in march. I work in a bank. On my ds-160 form there was no place asking me to put my school history I.e the dates I entered and graduated from the university , etc I hope I am in order? Also the conference is for 3 days 6th to 8th and my trip is frm 3rd to 10th if asked what I would be doing on those days before and after the conference what can I say? The conference is aviation related as my branch is situated in the airport and our clients are aviators and aviator related. Thankyou

You will need to prove to the CO how a conference on aviation, helps a banker to very well understand her / his job better. I just but wonder how they both relate.

You cannot enter the States days before your conference starts. Travel a day before to avoid complications at your interview or border posts.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by salam00: 11:01am On Jan 06, 2014
tzetzefly:

The IV documents depends on individual organizers. While some will send you the IV indicating you paid already, others do send an IV seperate from payment receipt which the attendee alone can request for and it would be sent to his/her e-mail or post as the case maybe.

Secondly, you can apply for the conference at any time. The earlier the better to have an early appointment time.

Thank you tzetzefly,

i really appreciate your reply!

Thanks

God bless you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
tzetzefly:

Your husband can sponsor your trip, and it is advised you attend that interview along with your baby. The CO can outrightly deny your visa if you leave your infant behind.

Thanks for answering. I was of the opinion that to prove strong ties to my home country, leaving my baby behind would be a good idea.

Also, my husband is self-employed. Will that affect my chances and also, how much should the balance of the statement of account be.

Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
bossladyMo:

Thanks for answering. I was of the opinion that to prove strong ties to my home country, leaving my baby behind would be a good idea.

Also, my husband is self-employed. Will that affect my chances and also, how much should the balance of the statement of account be.

Thanks.

Your husband can serve as a tie back home for you and not your infant. Do not make the VO view you as a carefree personality.

Make a budget of the travel cost to you and come up with a likely figure. This will guide you as to how much you should be having for your travel costs.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
Hmmm...true that. Okay then.

Another question pls - A friend of mine put to bed recently, but intends travelling with her 3month old. Shealready has her US visa, but the baby doesn't.

Pls how will she go about applying for the baby. Does she need to go through another round of interviews for the baby, or do babies have a special applicatoon process?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
bossladyMo: Hmmm...true that. Okay then.

Another question pls - A friend of mine put to bed recently, but intends travelling with her 3month old. Shealready has her US visa, but the baby doesn't.

Pls how will she go about applying for the baby. Does she need to go through another round of interviews for the baby, or do babies have a special applicatoon process?

She will need to fill a form DS-160 for her infant child along with the payments of the applicable visa fees. Thereafter, she needs to send an e-mail with the subject heading as, ''Interview For A Three(3) Months Old Infant'' and then explain in a short sentence, stating the passport number, name and date of birth of her infant child to:

support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Or call the US customer care representative on this number:

+234(0)14406297
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2014
Thanks a mil!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dintex: 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
pls must a company where one works sponsor his/her intended conference before the visa is issued.What if one wants to sponsor himself.Does it raise any negative impression?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by salam00: 11:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
salam00:

Thank you tzetzefly,

i really appreciate your reply!

Thanks

God bless you.

Good day, tzetzefly
Please one more thing to clarify.
I'm applying for Conference Visa my destination is: Atlanta, Georgia

On DS-160 Form.

Section of TRAVEL INFORMATION
(Question): Provide the locations you plan to visit in the U.S.:
(Possible Answer)?: Is it the conference center address OR the just city & state where the conference will hold?

Section of U.S. POINT OF CONTACT INFORMATION
(Question): Address and Phone Number of Point of Contact
(Possible Answer)?: is it the address & phone of the hotel i will stay in OR the address & phone of the conference center?

Section of PRESENT WORK/EDUCATION/TRAINING INFORMATION
(Question): Briefly describe your duty
(Possible Answer):? will i just write "Marketing manager" OR state all my responsibilities?

Thank you,
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:52pm On Jan 06, 2014
dintex: pls must a company where one works sponsor his/her intended conference before the visa is issued.What if one wants to sponsor himself.Does it raise any negative impression?

A company or an individual can sponsor his / her conference. There is no particular law stating otherwise so long as you have the funds to spend.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
salam00:

Good day, tzetzefly
Please one more thing to clarify.
I'm applying for Conference Visa my destination is: Atlanta, Georgia

On DS-160 Form.

Section of TRAVEL INFORMATION
(Question): Provide the locations you plan to visit in the U.S.:
(Possible Answer)?: Is it the conference center address OR the just city & state where the conference will hold?

The city where the workshop will be taking place.

salam00:
Section of U.S. POINT OF CONTACT INFORMATION
(Question): Address and Phone Number of Point of Contact
(Possible Answer)?: is it the address & phone of the hotel i will stay in OR the address & phone of the conference center?

Address and phone number(s) of the conference organisers and the e-mail address of the person on your IV letter.

salam00:
Section of PRESENT WORK/EDUCATION/TRAINING INFORMATION
(Question): Briefly describe your duty
(Possible Answer):? will i just write "Marketing manager" OR state all my responsibilities?

Thank you,

All your responsibilities at work.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by salam00: 7:03am On Jan 07, 2014
tzetzefly:

The city where the workshop will be taking place.

Address and phone number(s) of the conference organisers and the e-mail address of the person on your IV letter.

All your responsibilities at work.

Thank you, tzetzefly.

I really appreciate all your efforts and hard-work.

God bless you!!!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 07, 2014
I don't know anybody in the US...so what do I put as the point of contact information...cos I'll be staying in a hotel during my stay....purely tourism
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 07, 2014
bossladyMo: I don't know anybody in the US...so what do I put as the point of contact information...cos I'll be staying in a hotel during my stay....purely tourism

Use your hotel address as your point of contact; it is valid and acceptable.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 07, 2014
Ok
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
bossladyMo: Thanks! Also, in the section saying who are you travelling with - Will i be asked to provide the person's visa page?

The person you're travelling with will have to fill his /her own form DS-160. And answerable for him / herself.

bossladyMo: Also, will the fact that the person I'm ttavelling with had relatives in the US affect me? Even though I don't know those relatives?

It can affect your application if the person you're travelling with cannot adequately defend his / her knowledge of the relative in the States. Since your main purpose is tourism, it takes two to tango.

bossladyMo: Will it be weird if I say I'm travelling alone?

Not at all. The better for you.

bossladyMo: Also, i intend doing business with a US company over there. Hoeever, I want to confirm their authenticity before proceeding with whatever business I have dping with them. Would it be advisable I tell the consular officer I intend doing both business and pleasure...or should i just say one?

Better you stick with your tourism. Business visit is a different ball game altogether.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
S
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kaykad: 1:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
Dear Nairaladers,

i just payed for my USA visit vissa , B1/2 for 26,400, pls wat nxt do i need to do i.e fill out the form and also book an appintment with the embassy, as the bank staff where not much of help
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 07, 2014
bossladyMo: I really appreciate this free consult:-).

The person is a relative who already has a US visa. Jus thought it might give some credibility to my story.

Married housewife who just had a baby, travelling alone for a week, and being sponsored by her self-employed husband (registered biz), with a bank account balance of 900k - 1m. Will be lodging in a hotel. Virging Passport

Filling the application form now.

Pls what documents do i take along, and how many months bank account statement?

Your invitation letter, your hubby's business documents, l think 6months bank statement will be ideal. Let tzetzefly come and add his own, he is the guru of this thread..lolz.

@Tzetzefly.......l must commend your good work on this thread, you have been a blessing to several people wanting to travel to the US on this thread and your candid response/opinion on this thread is indeed commendable, l visit this thread once in a while .Cheers and happy new year. cool
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:01pm On Jan 07, 2014
@ogakpatakpata, thank you for that compliment, well appreciated. Happy New Year to you too cheesy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kaykad: 2:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
@ogakpatakpata/@Tzetzefly.a broder needs help please:

i just payed for my USA visit vissa , B1/2 for 26,400, pls wat nxt do i need to do i.e fill out the form and also book an appointment with the embassy, as the bank staff where not much of help
[/size][size=10pt]
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
kaykad: @ogakpatakpata/@Tzetzefly.a broder needs help please:

i just payed for my USA visit vissa , B1/2 for 26,400, pls wat nxt do i need to do i.e fill out the form and also book an appointment with the embassy, as the bank staff where not much of help
[/size][size=10pt]

Follow this step by step procedure:

www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp
Re: Usa Visit Visa by BnBarbie(f): 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
@ bossladyMo: A housewife who just had a baby, travelling alone? Hmmmmm. If i were the CO, i would wonder why you aren't going for tourism with your husband as a family. I have noticed from my lil experience that COs usually frown more at married pips goin on tourism alone rather than with their family. Except if there is a specific reason why you are flying such long distance with your new born.
I stand corrected though. This is just my humble opinion.
bossladyMo: I really appreciate this free consult:-).

The person is a relative who already has a US visa. Jus thought it might give some credibility to my story.

Married housewife who just had a baby, travelling alone for a week, and being sponsored by her self-employed husband (registered biz), with a bank account balance of 900k - 1m. Will be lodging in a hotel. Virging Passport

Filling the application form now.

Pls what documents do i take along, and how many months bank account statement?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
tzetzefly: @ogakpatakpata, thank you for that compliment, well appreciated. Happy New Year to you too cheesy

You are welcome. Cheers.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 2:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
@ tzetzefly and other gurus , please what documents do i need from my company if they will be sponsoring my trip for 2 days conference in US?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2014
Asorock 1: @ tzetzefly and other gurus , please what documents do i need from my company if they will be sponsoring my trip for 2 days conference in US?

>> Bank Statement
>> CAC Certificate
>> Letter from your office to be
responsible for your travel plans
>> Accomodation reservation (Do not
make any payments until granted
visa)
>> Your ID card
>> Conference letter indicating your
office name and you as a
representative from your firm
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 5:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
tzetzefly:

>> Bank Statement
>> CAC Certificate
>> Letter from your office to be
responsible for your travel plans
>> Accomodation reservation (Do not
make any payments until granted
visa)
>> Your ID card
>> Conference letter indicating your
office name and you as a
representative from your firm

Thanks tzetzefly for your prompt reply, please the letter from my office is it same as the introduction letter or will there be a different letter like A SPONSORSHIP LETTER FROM MY COMPANY.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
Asorock 1:

Thanks tzetzefly for your prompt reply, please the letter from my office is it same as the introduction letter or will there be a different letter like A SPONSORSHIP LETTER FROM MY COMPANY.

The letter from your office is only to introduce you to the CO and which the VO may not go through. It is just safe to go for your interview with all the listed docs as you may be asked to produce any of them for confirmation.

The CO will be more concerned about the IV from the conference organizers and he/ she will definitely glance through the lV.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stevenjel: 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
Good evening great ppl here... Please if the vo asks me to pass my doc, what and what am I supposed to pass? I don't just want to throw unrequired documents please.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by salam00: 10:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
salam00:

Thank you, tzetzefly.

I really appreciate all your efforts and hard-work.

God bless you!!!

Hello, tzetzefly
Good day,

i really appreciate your assistance and help on this US Visa issues.

I have an important question to ask so as not to make a mistake.

My conference will commence from 24th-26th June, 2014 (3 days conference).
Now, registration has just started for the conference. The organizers say there won't be refund of payment after May, 21.

Now our company wants to pay for the registration. We plan to book our appointment before May, 21st.
So, if in case the visa is not issued then we can have more room/time to quickly request for our refund because it cost a lot for the registration.

MY QUESTION IS: Won't the visa officer think is too early to seek for interview, while conference will hold 24th-26th June,
if i book my interview appointment maybe between 1st - 20th May, in order not to reach 21st,May deadline for non-refund of conference registration fee?

Please enlighten me.

Thank you,
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2014
salam00:

Hello, tzetzefly
Good day,

i really appreciate your assistance and help on this US Visa issues.

I have an important question to ask so as not to make a mistake.

My conference will commence from 24th-26th June, 2014 (3 days conference).
Now, registration has just started for the conference. The organizers say there won't be refund of payment after May, 21.

Now our company wants to pay for the registration. We plan to book our appointment before May, 21st.
So, if in case the visa is not issued then we can have more room/time to quickly request for our refund because it cost a lot for the registration.

MY QUESTION IS: Won't the visa officer think is too early to seek for interview, while conference will hold 24th-26th June,
if i book my interview appointment maybe between 1st - 20th May, in order not to reach 21st,May deadline for non-refund of conference registration fee?

Please enlighten me.

Thank you,

It is no problem at all if you attend the interview few months before the conference date. You only cannot use that visa to travel if and when you're issued, before the conference start date.

The most important aspect is payment for attendance which shows commitment on your part.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by salam00: 10:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
tzetzefly:

It is no problem at all if you attend the interview few months before the conference date. You only cannot use that visa to travel if and when you're issued, before the conference start date.

The most important aspect is payment for attendance which shows commitment on your part.

Thanks for the urgent reply.
Oh!!!! tzetzefly you just gave me a relief.!!!! haaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
Kind scared if it might raise an ''X'' saying why we are applying too early.

Thank you and God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.