Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060049 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by biggie01: 7:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
tzetzefly:

Your employer should be responsible for your sponsorship and a letter of guarantee to that effect, must be tendered before the CO during your interview.

Mind you, the appropriate visa must be applied for or else you will be wasting your application fees.

Thanks man, iv read abt d visas, yes it ws d appropriate one, more comments and suggestions will be best appreciated
Re: Usa Visit Visa by green24: 11:02pm On Dec 27, 2013
U don't have issue since it is ur complany dat is sponsoring u, all u need is to fill ur application form very well, d consular won't even ask u how much u have cause it is a trainning from a company
biggie01: Hello kind advisers, please what is my chance and what is your advise on my chance of getting a tourist visa B1

I jst got employed by a worldwide multinational company, and they have decided to send me to the US for a 2weeks training, i was issued an invitation letter from the company and also an introductory letter.

Everything set but my fear is, i have less dan a 100k in my acct, because i am yet to recieve my first salary, pls what is my chance of securing the visa?

PLS THIS IS URGENT COS MY INTERVIEW IS NEXT WEEK.......Dec. 30.......PLS ADVISE OOOO
Re: Usa Visit Visa by green24: 11:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
I think from April one is good to go for someone traveling to a cold region while march is good for a normal region[quote author=keepmegoing]when is the Good time to Apply for a Vacation?[/quote
Re: Usa Visit Visa by salam00: 11:40pm On Dec 27, 2013
Hello, Green,
Nice having u on!!!

Pls i have a question concerning Conference Visa, if u might have an idea.

I work for a security system company, that specializes in selling security hardwares to various companies.
And there is an electronic security expo coming up around June.
So my company is intending sending/sponsoring me for it as the Marketing Manager
single, aged 32, being to china x2; (security trade fair), and (security trade business)

(1) i want to know, if i have to go along with the my own personal bank statement and the company's bank statement to the interview?
(2) whats the probability the Consular officer will request for the company or my personal bank statement?
(3) apart from the bank statement issue, what are the necessary document to carry along to the interview?
(4) what are the necessary questions i might be asked?

Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
naomibaby: @ blawl1, thnks for your response! My sis has even decided not to travel again cos of two things! First the tkts ( outrageously expensive ) second, the tyme of waiting to get a transit visa; we were told it can't be anytyme soon. So she will wait to get a regular US visiting visa and then go to usa and just visit mexico for her visa to be stamped in and out.
My Opinion and Advice: for all those applyng for mexico, hoping to use that route into US, just later that side oh! As airlines won't even carry you in the first place! And if anyone has any Europe visa or US visa I don't know why they'l want to visit Mexico! shocked

Come on now. Mexico has a very rich and vibrant culture. Warm friendly people with heritage.

It's a great vacation destination.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by JanZelezny: 4:58am On Dec 28, 2013
xo...xo
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:07am On Dec 28, 2013
JanZelezny: Hi Forumites

Pls I need an advice here....

Last December,I applied for a company-sponsored Conference in the US,went for the interview and was given a 2yrs B1/B2 visa. Unfortunately I didn't make the trip owing to a very pressing family issue that required my presence. Few months down the line,I got a better offer and left my former company. I am entitled to a 2weeks productivity leave and I intend travelling to the States for 10days

Now my concern is and question, is it ultra COMPULSORY for me to register for another related conference(since I got the visa under that purpose) as I have switched industry from my previous work place or just travel for vacation purpose since B1/B2 visa also covers touristic purposes?

NB- I am asking this question in view of the fact that some comments I read earlier about Tourism/Vacation purpose not being a good reason to say one wants to travel at this time due to the cold weather or does that not affect someone who already has her visa? Thanks in anticipation of your response(s)

Not necessary to register for another conference, your visa is valid and you can use it for touristic purpose(s), you can travel anytime you so desire whether winter,summer,spring or fall as long as your visa is still valid.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by biggie01: 8:09am On Dec 28, 2013
green24: U don't have issue since it is ur complany dat is sponsoring u, all u need is to fill ur application form very well, d consular won't even ask u how much u have cause it is a trainning from a company

Thank you bro......i will report the good news as soon as im done with the interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by JanZelezny: 8:17am On Dec 28, 2013
ogakpatakpata: .

Not necessary to register for another conference, your visa is valid and you can use it for touristic purpose(s), you can travel anytime you so desire whether winter,summer,spring or fall as long as your visa is still valid.

Tanx so much Ogakwatakwata!

Oga na master!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by oddy4u: 9:22am On Dec 28, 2013
I am been sent for a conference that is relative to my job functions and I work in a federal government agency...I have my organisation statement of account with me with an letter from them to the consular stating I would be representating them and also how much I earn monthly.My question now is would the consular ask about my personal statement?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 9:28am On Dec 28, 2013
oddy4u: I am been sent for a conference that is relative to my job functions and I work in a federal government agency...I have my organisation statement of account with me with an letter from them to the consular stating I would be representating them and also how much I earn monthly.My question now is would the consular ask about my personal statement?
If transport is being paid the things that they will need to know.
Who pays for accomodation and feeding?
What about personal spending money?
They will look if trip will empty your bank acc. (This is bad!)
So what will employer pay and
What will you have to pay (proove funds for)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by oddy4u: 10:22am On Dec 28, 2013
The company would be paying for all the trips inculding flight,accomodation and every expenses during the conference....they are sending me withh the financing ..
worry 359:
If transport is being paid the things that they will need to know.
Who pays for accomodation and feeding?
What about personal spending money?
They will look if trip will empty your bank acc. (This is bad!)
So what will employer pay and
What will you have to pay (proove funds for)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 28, 2013
oddy4u: I am been sent for a conference that is relative to my job functions and I work in a federal government agency...I have my organisation statement of account with me with an letter from them to the consular stating I would be representating them and also how much I earn monthly.My question now is would the consular ask about my personal statement?

Your first 2minutes before the consular will determine if documents will be asked from you or not, the CO's are pressed for time and they rarely ask for documents, since you are been sponsored by your company, you should be prepared to answer question as to how the conference will impact your productivity to your organisation, things like home ties, asset are things you should also have at the back of your mind, you can go with your personal bank statement in addition to your company statement of account. Wish you all the luck you need.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by wearhouse: 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
Good day every one , I have been a silent reader for a long time, I would really like to say a big thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread, you are are giving hope to the hopeless tongue ,
House I need your directions please, I am 29 y/o, a female, in 2010 i went to dubai for business, when I came back after some months i went to india for 3 weeks, for business as well, 2010 i got a visa to china to study, i eventually went to china january 2011, while i was there, i still retained my retail shop back in nigeria, later 2012, I secured another shop on the island where i sell wholesale strictly for ladies, i got another wholesale shop earlier this year. Now i want to register for a fashion conference, i need to come back to nigeria to apply though,I registered my business May when I visited nigeria, i don't have any kid, I am not married, do i look like I have ties to nigeria, I do make good money from my shops weekly, what are the vital things i should take note of ? 2 heads are better than one that is why I am here for you guys to drill and grill me,

Ps: I am still a student in china, my current visa expires sept ending, this is my 3rd year in the school and I can renew it when it expires sept,

Thanks in advance
Re: Usa Visit Visa by green24: 1:15am On Dec 29, 2013
But be ready to answer question at port of entry, why u have refuse to turn up, some question u where ask during ur interview will be ask again, so be ready if not u are in for it, good luck

Last December,I applied for a company-sponsored Conference in the US,went for the interview and was given a 2yrs B1/B2 visa. Unfortunately I didn't make the trip owing to a very pressing family issue that required my presence. Few months down the line,I got a better offer and left my former company. I am entitled to a 2weeks productivity leave and I intend travelling to the States for 10days

Now my concern is and question, is it ultra COMPULSORY for me to register for another related conference(since I got the visa under that purpose) as I have switched industry from my previous work place or just travel for vacation purpose since B1/B2 visa also covers touristic purposes?

NB- I am asking this question in view of the fact that some comments I read earlier about Tourism/Vacation purpose not being a good reason to say one wants to travel at this time due to the cold weather or does that not affect someone who already has her visa? Thanks in anticipation of your response(s)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by green24: 1:38am On Dec 29, 2013
When it comes to company sponsporing training u don't have issue all they need is for u to fill ur form well,dey no d company will be paying for all the expenes, what dey will just aask u is how much u earn, dey will never ask for ur statement of ur acc
Re: Usa Visit Visa by salam00: 6:48am On Dec 29, 2013
green24: When it comes to company sponsporing training u don't have issue all they need is for u to fill ur form well,dey no d company will be paying for all the expenes, what dey will just aask u is how much u earn, dey will never ask for ur statement of ur acc

Thank you; Green24
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 29, 2013

Well I just hope u don't have issues at the port of entry they do ask questions and rememeber they have ur records and why visa was issued so if ure not precise u might get sent back from the airport. So think of something concrete before leaving oooooooo. I had a pal who was refused entry
Re: Usa Visit Visa by educon: 8:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
Please friends I need to make some inquiry, I work with a government agency. I was granted a two years visiting visa to the United state multiple entry to attend a short course sponsored by the government agency I work for here in nigeria due to some family crisis I could not attend the short course that was to take place 3th October 2013 in Kansas state, now am planning of going on vacation February 2014. My questions is since the primary purpose of my visa is to attend the short course which I missed, can I still travel to the United state on vacation to another state for vacation without difficulties at the point of Entry. Please I need response to this immediately to enable me plan for my vacation
Re: Usa Visit Visa by green24: 4:27am On Dec 30, 2013
[quote author=educon]Please friends I need to make some inquiry, I work with a government agency. I was granted a two years visiting visa to the United state multiple entry to attend a short course sponsored by the government agency I work for here in nigeria due to some family crisis I could not attend the short course that was to take place 3th October 2013 in Kansas state, now am planning of going on vacation February 2014. My questions is since the primary purpose of my visa is to attend the short course which I missed, can I still travel to the United state on vacation to another state for vacation without difficulties at the point of Entry. Please I need response to this immediately to enable me plan for my vacation
[/quote

]all I will tell u is dat remember all d question u where ask during ur interview and reason why u could not make it when it was issue, have good cash at hand and ur hotel reservation and mine u dey will open ur bag if u have hand luggage
Re: Usa Visit Visa by biggie01: 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
Thanks Tsetsefly, Green24 and other visa gurus n d house, my visa interview ws successful, like you rightly said, no much questions since it was company sponsor...

Men!! Its tough for alot of people o, almost all the people that was interviewed at my stand '12:00pm batch' where not succesful except me and my colleague........glory be to God
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 7:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS!
biggie01: Thanks Tsetsefly, Green24 and other visa gurus n d house, my visa interview ws successful, like you rightly said, no much questions since it was company sponsor...

Men!! Its tough for alot of people o, almost all the people that was interviewed at my stand '12:00pm batch' where not succesful except me and my colleague........glory be to God
Re: Usa Visit Visa by oddy4u: 7:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
I have my interview in the next three days of which my my oganisation which is a government agency is sponsoring me and a colleague for the conference.But we were booked together but not as group though filled different forms but we would be interviewed together.Hope no problem with that?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by morjid(m): 7:59am On Dec 31, 2013
Pls I applied for a USA visa as a tourist 6month ago stated dat am going for a football try out, but I was refused.....cos maybe I didn't have a tied in d country. The consular .....do u have acct statement.
Me........no
Consular.......Are u going to come back after the tryout
Me.......yes
Consular ........who is ur sponsor
Me.......dad
All was 6month ago

Now my cousin who is a Us army want to invite me for holiday........so want to know the way out

Moreso have been refused a uk visa in 2011 before I applied for the us visa

Pls I need a quick respond on my matter ASAP.
Pls I need an advise
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 8:45am On Dec 31, 2013
morjid
You don't look like you have much chance!
Why were you rejected from UK.? Did you get ban?
Your record is poor and it will take VERY good background now to get visa.
V.O. will want you to PROOVE that you will return (not just your say so.)
You need property or good job with paperwork proof now because of your poor record.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 10:41am On Dec 31, 2013
Hello Tzetzefly and good people of nairaland , happy new year. I want you to please clearify me on this, I have finally decided to go for a particular conference that suits my field , I also got promoted at my office to the position of sales manager with increase in salary from 1xxxxx to 2xxxxx naira. My new position will take effect from January 2014.

This international conference on business and economic development is being organized by the Acadamy of business and retail management and their head office is in UK.

Now my questions are :
1.) will the US embassy recognize the organizers or host of this conference being that they are base in UK but have conferences takin place in Paris, Dubai, UK and US.
2.) I have a UK refusal stamp at the back of my passport , I was refused entry to UK November , the CO stated my income then is low. That's was the only reason i was refused.now hope this won't affect me negatively.
3.) i intend to apply for the conference by feb, 2014 and that will be 7 months after i was refused on first time. Is this enough time as not to show desperation?
4.) which is way do i stand a better chance to get the visa, to state that I will be sponsored by my company with SOA or to go as self sponsor?
5.) the location for the conference is New York , hope it won't be considered expensive though the conference is just 2 days but i will be staying a total of 4 days there.
6.) the reason for my first US interview denial was no travel history, but I have been to Dubai and Ghana, just once each, don't know if this will be considered as change in circumstance by the ECO couple with my promotion at work.

Anticipating your urgent reply. God bless you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by salam00: 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
Hello and Good day to you all.

Please i need a help to clarify confusing dilemma on Conference Visa. I intend to attend a conference in US around May/June, 2014.
What should i tell the Visa Officer my connection is with the Conference, if i'm being asked questions concerning the conference.
Kind of confuse as to which side.....

Okay, it goes like this.

I work as a (Marketing Manager) for a (Security System Company) that specializes in security hardwares;
cctv,
access control,
camera,
gps,
security doors,
etc..........

My job is to market the products as usual. if am to attend a conference on what basis?,please.

Field of specialization: MARKETING
Designation: MANAGER

Which conference will be wise enough to go for.

* will it sound WISE or UNWISE to attend a ''Marketing Conference'' while working for a security system company?

OR

* will it sound WISE or UNWISE to attend a "Security Conference" while working as a Marketing Manager for a security system company?

Please i need an enlightment.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by salam00: 1:39pm On Jan 01, 2014
salam00: Hello and Good day to you all.

Please i need a help to clarify confusing dilemma on Conference Visa. I intend to attend a conference in US around May/June, 2014.
What should i tell the Visa Officer my connection is with the Conference, if i'm being asked questions concerning the conference.

Okay, it goes like this.

I work as a (Marketing Manager) for a (Security System Company) that specializes in security hardwares;
cctv,
access control,
camera,
gps,
security doors,
etc..........

My job is to market the products as usual. if am to attend a conference on what basis?,please.

* will it sound WISE or UNWISE to attend a ''Marketing Conference'' while working for a security system company?

OR

* will it sound WISE or UNWISE to attend a "Security Conference" while working as a Marketing Manager for a security system company?

Re: Usa Visit Visa by salam00: 1:41pm On Jan 01, 2014
Hello and Good day to you all.

Okay, it goes like this.

cctv,
access control,
camera,
gps,
security doors,
etc..........

OR

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Yvete(f): 6:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year! Quick question, would it be an overkill to invite about 5 people from Nigeria with 4 invitation letters, tax papers and bank statements?

We are not paying for their tickets, only hosting them in the US. Is there a family application (like a folder with everybody's info in Nigeria combined with my siblings and I over here in the US )? Don't know if this makes sense or do anyone advise that we send one invitation and supporting documents of whoever earns the most? Should they visit the Embassy individually with unique docs.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:40pm On Jan 01, 2014
Yvete: Happy New Year! Quick question, would it be an overkill to invite about 5 people from Nigeria with 4 invitation letters, tax papers and bank statements?

We are not paying for their tickets, only hosting them in the US. Is there a family application (like a folder with everybody's info in Nigeria combined with my siblings and I over here in the US )? Don't know if this makes sense or do anyone advise that we send one invitation and supporting documents of whoever earns the most? Should they visit the Embassy individually with unique docs.

Write a single IV letter for the five persons with their names and passport numbers, and send a copy to the Dept of State for record purpose while you also send the same copy to the invitees for presentation during their interview.

Indicate on the letter if you will be responsible for their stay while in the States.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
salam00: Hello and Good day to you all.

Okay, it goes like this.

cctv,
access control,
camera,
gps,
security doors,
etc..........

OR

The conference must have a solid bearing on your day to day job functions, and should be relevant to the firm you represent.

Hope that helps to clarify your question?

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.