Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060323 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 09, 2014
Stevenjel: Good evening great ppl here... Please if the vo asks me to pass my doc, what and what am I supposed to pass? I don't just want to throw unrequired documents please.

They rarely tell u to PaSs any document except in extreme cases but those people don't really look at documents
Re: Usa Visit Visa by labella12: 7:47am On Jan 09, 2014
Good day tzetzefly
Great job you are doing here. Please I just want to clarify this.

R u saying that if they are given full 2years B1/B2 visa valid from May he can't use it till June a day before the conference?

tzetzefly:
You cannot enter the States days before your conference starts. Travel a day before to avoid complications at your interview or border posts.

tzetzefly:
It is no problem at all if you attend the interview few months before the conference date. You only cannot use that visa to travel if and when you're issued, before the conference start date.
The most important aspect is payment for attendance which shows commitment on your part.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by deebsman1(m): 8:58am On Jan 09, 2014
Pls is it true that a visiting US visa can carry the length of time up to 2 yrs?
And if possible, can a visiting visa holder work while in the US?
replies pls?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:59am On Jan 09, 2014
labella12:
Good day tzetzefly
Great job you are doing here. Please I just want to clarify this.

R u saying that if they are given full 2years B1/B2 visa valid from May he can't use it till June a day before the conference?

The applicant(s) applied for a conference visa with a start date of June 2014. This is the record on the Dept of State database.

However, if the applicant(s) having been issued with a visa say B1/B2, then proceeded with the said visa earlier than the supposed reason for such issuance in the first instance being conference, then he/she can be subjected to an extensive enquiry at the port of entry by any CBP officials.

And if the officials are not convinced by his/her tale for an earlier visit to the States other than the purpose for which the visa was first issued, then a deportation file will be inevitable.

Exception to the rule is only on extreme cases such as medicals, matriculation / convocation ceremonies, family related issues, court hearing.

Take note, tourism was not included in my write-up above as an extreme case basis.

Tourism can come up later after the visa category if it is a B1/B2 has been made use of for the first purpose for which it was issued (conference).

Hope you're cleared?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:04am On Jan 09, 2014
deebsman1: Pls is it true that a visiting US visa can carry the length of time up to 2 yrs?
And if possible, can a visiting visa holder work while in the US?
replies pls?

Working with a visa category which stipulates visit, medicals etc other than employment, is a ground for arrest and deportation if discovered by security operatives. The culprit should also kiss a future visit to the States, a goodbye.

Except you get married and have kids who may eventually file for you, an immigrant visa back to the U.S. at a future date when they come of age. This is still subject to an over-riding immigration rule.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by deebsman1(m): 11:27am On Jan 09, 2014
tzetzefly:

Working with a visa category which stipulates visit, medicals etc other than employment, is a ground for arrest and deportation if discovered by security operatives. The culprit should also kiss a future visit to the States a goodbye.

Except you get married and have kids who may eventually file for your immigration back to the U.S. at a future date when they come of age. This is still subject to an over-riding immigration rule.

embarassed
tzetzefly:

Working with a visa category which stipulates visit, medicals etc other than employment, is a ground for arrest and deportation if discovered by security operatives. The culprit should also kiss a future visit to the States a goodbye.

Except you get married and have kids who may eventually file for your immigration back to the U.S. at a future date when they come of age. This is still subject to an over-riding immigration rule.

Fear oooo, mogbe. So how can somewhere get a visa that stipulates employment or beta still, doing businesses like buying cars and exporting it to nigeria, could dat kind of arrangement also be categorized as criminal activity??
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 11:58am On Jan 09, 2014
deebsman1:

embarassed

Fear oooo, mogbe. So how can somewhere get a visa that stipulates employment or beta still, doing businesses like buying cars and exporting it to nigeria, could dat kind of arrangement also be categorized as criminal activity??

Getting EMPLOYMENT visa is almost impossible. That was what "Visa lottery" did but it is now closed.
You may be able to get buisness visa to visit & buy cars but it will not be simple, and will be for limited stay.
You probably need registered buisness paying taxes at home and an invitation from an American company.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stevenjel: 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
Happyyyy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by deebsman1(m): 2:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
worry 359:

Getting EMPLOYMENT visa is almost impossible. That was what "Visa lottery" did but it is now closed.
You may be able to get buisness visa to visit & buy cars but it will not be simple, and will be for limited stay.
You probably need registered buisness paying taxes at home and an invitation from an American company.
So in short, d visiting visa is useless if some1 plans to use it for other purpose

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stevenjel: 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2014
Good day people. I got my visa approved today. I attribute this success to the power of prayer and good work of nairaland people, especially tsetsefly. Thanks so much. I have been following this page since November that I got my invitation letter and it's bn so helpful.

It was really a wonderful experience. The Crowd too much. I booked 8am, was interviewed around 12pm. My interview didn't last up to 3mins, but full of divine favour. Cos I was so nervous that I found it difficult to grab what the white lady was saying at first attempt. She repeated nearly all her questions twice before I could grab... Lolssssssss.

Here goes the short interview...

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning how are you?
ME: Fine, and U? (she didn't answer me. I was scared)
VO: Why are you going to the US
ME: To attend a conference
VO: Who are the the people organising the conference?
ME: told her the association
VO: What is the association all about
ME: I explained to her in one sentence.
VO : are you married?
ME: No, but am getting married at soso month and date.
VO: oh you are engaged?
ME: yes, with a smile.
VO: Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
ME: No, I was supposed to go for a program in South Africa last year, but the programme was postponed to a time I was so busy at work. (this is because I have an expired south Africa visa on my passport.
VO: What do you do?
ME: I am a teacher and I also work at XY (she gave a nod, from there I felt a wind of success. She then took her time to read through the computer)
VO: What subject do you teach?
ME: told her the two subjects I teach, exactly the way I wrote it in my DS-160
VO: What is your income
ME: I told her in Naira, and she immediately checked the conversion on paper at the wall.
VO: Am approving your visa, pick your passport on Tuesday at the location you selected (she brought out the white paper and circled my pick up point with a pen.
ME; Thank you.
VO: You are welcomed.

I felt like jumping up, but I considered the crowd sitting behind me... Lolssssssss.

Note: She did not ask for any document at all.

There was a Chinese guy at cubicle one... He was just denying like Child play. But I told God that He must not interview me.

My sincere advice...
Fill your DS-160 carefully and sincerely. And don't go outside what you filled in it.
Answer questions with confidence
Let your trip be relevant to your work (if it's business or conference trip)
Then pray to God for divine favour.

I told God in my prayer that I wanted a visa officer that will relate with me as a friend, and sincerely, the woman was so friendly. Prayer works!

Thanks.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
@stevenjel..............congrats and safe trip to the US.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stevenjel: 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
ogakpatakpata: @stevenjel..............congrats and safe trip to the US.

Thanks Bro
Re: Usa Visit Visa by APFM(m): 10:56am On Jan 10, 2014
Hello House,
I want to confirm if truly US embassy will close on monday for holiday?

I have an appointment scheduled for that day
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lonelydude: 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2014
I have a friend who got a 2years multiple entry US visa in october 2012 but yet to travel.

The Visa will be expiring october 2014 (this year). He's not been able to travel. Although, he's been to the US sometimes in 2008 for a conference. He also got a 2 year visa then (2008-2010). That was the only time he used that visa.

Also, he's got 3 expired UK visas on his passports (one as a student).

The issue now is he's NOT too sure if he'll still be able to travel to the US with this present visa.

DO YOU THINK HE WILL BE GIVEN ANOTHER US VISA JUST IN CASE HE DOESN'T USE THIS ONE?

I learnt they don't care if you have been there before or if you've been issued before, which is the basis of my question.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2014
APFM: Hello House,
I want to confirm if truly US embassy will close on monday for holiday?

I have an appointment scheduled for that day

No, the only holidays at the U.S embassy / consulate are:

https://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//holiday.html
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
lonelydude: I have a friend who got a 2years multiple entry US visa in october 2012 but yet to travel.

The Visa will be expiring october 2014 (this year). He's not been able to travel. Although, he's been to the US sometimes in 2008 for a conference. He also got a 2 year visa then (2008-2010). That was the only time he used that visa.

Also, he's got 3 expired UK visas on his passports (one as a student).

The issue now is he's NOT too sure if he'll still be able to travel to the US with this present visa.

DO YOU THINK HE WILL BE GIVEN ANOTHER US VISA JUST IN CASE HE DOESN'T USE THIS ONE?

I learnt they don't care if you have been there before or if you've been issued before, which is the basis of my question.

Whether you use that visa or not, it matters not. A dropbox is only possible when your application is for the same category of visa previously issued and it is within a year since expiration.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by jredlom(m): 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2014
Please I am a 21 years old student under six months course and a self employed owning an internet cafe,am single and want to visit Canada for tourism purpose for 14 days,I will be sponsoring my self with my personal bank statement which has about $4,000 and will provide the embassy with Introduction Letter from my School confirming my enrollment and leave of absence,School fees receipt,my Tax Returns,Tenancy Agreement,Business Registration forms from the Registrar General Department,Itinerary and Hotel Reservation.I please want to know if my document are okay and what is my chance of getting the Visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lonelydude: 4:17pm On Jan 10, 2014
tzetzefly:
Whether you use that visa or not, it matters not. A dropbox is only possible when your application is for the same category of visa previously issued and it is within a year since expiration.

Thanks Bro.

Bless you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by APFM(m): 7:03pm On Jan 10, 2014
tzetzefly:

No, the only holidays at the U.S embassy / consulate are:

https://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//holiday.html

Thanks tzetzefly bt below is wat I saw;

U.S. Mission Holiday List 2014
DateDayHoliday
January 1, 2014WednesdayNew Year
January 20, 2014MondayMartin Luther King's Birthday
January 2014TBD
Eid-El-Maulud*
February 17, 2014MondayPresident’s Day
April 18, 2014FridayGood Friday
April 21, 2014MondayEaster Monday
May 1, 2014Thursday
Workers Day
May 26, 2014MondayMemorial Day
May 29, 2014ThursdayDemocracy Day
July 04, 2014FridayIndependence Day (United States)
July 2014TBDEid-El-Fitr*
September 01, 2014MondayLabor Day
October 01, 2014MondayIndependence Day (Nigeria)
October 13, 2014MondayColumbus Day
October, 2014TBDEid-El-Kabir*
November 11, 2014TuesdayVeterans Day
November 27, 2014ThursdayThanksgiving
December 25, 2014ThursdayChristmas Holiday
December 26, 2014FridayBoxing Day
* TBD – Denotes Muslim 1-2 day holidays for which dates will not be determined until the month indicated.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by JoyStick1: 7:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hi Guys
My wife & I are scheduled for US Visa interview end of this month.
I used the the address of the hotel we intend to stay in the US as our address in the visa application only for me to be told by the hotel that they Are all Booked up that period.
My question is, is it possible for me to book another hotel accommodation considering that I already used this first hotel as my address in the visa application.
Hope this will not be a problem during the interview?
Thanks Guys.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charles005: 9:50pm On Jun 27, 2014
Thank God, Nairaland is back again
Re: Usa Visit Visa by skimmeh1: 11:04pm On Jun 27, 2014
wow! Thank God Nairaland is revived. I felt like a dead man living as the addiction being too much..anyway, you are all welcome back and I hope it gets the more better this time around. Well, i do hope y'all can remember my story in that i initially planned to apply with wife for u.s visa for childbirth and..along line, wife lost interest despite we got visa appointment scheduled and i had to respect her mind. Then i appeared alone on mon,23rd with change of purpose of visit to tourism but unfortunately was denied..and i still dnt knw why the v.o deem me ineligible. I was interviewd by the lady at window 1 at the lagos consulate..here is the excerpt:
V.o : good mornin
Me: morning ma'am
V.o: why do u wana go to u.s?
Me: for vacation,and to experience the beauty and splendor of the empire state(new york)and sightseeing important landmarks
V.o: are you married?
Me: i answerd yes.
V.o: got kids?
Me: told her am expectant.
V.o:what do u do?
Me: am self employed
V.o:what is ur biz all about?
Me: i explained
V.o: how much earning i make monthly frm the biz?
Me: i told
V.o: how many staffs are unda your employment?
Me: i told
V.o:do u have any relative in the u.s?
Me: yes
V.o: whats ur relationship wit the person?
Me: we are cousins
V.o: when last did u guys see each other?
Me:told her abt 3yrz ago . Then she said sory, you av nt been found eligible for the visa at this time and she gave d blue paper
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 3sha4lyf: 3:11am On Jun 28, 2014
One thing I've discovered about this American embassy, and I think it's just their style of processing visa applications, is that the most important thing in the process is your application which you put thru online.
A decision is made from your application online, PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED INTERVIEW. It's during your interview you are given a chance to either prove the Visa Officer's decision as right or wrong. This is unknown to you the applicant.

No need for long talk when you say things like " you wanna experience the beautiful city of NY, you wanna know the nice people of LA, etc.". Those statements, IMO aren't called for and are "don't say" statements.
Tx.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 28, 2014
Is it possible for someone else, say a family friend, to help pick up another's visa after a successful interview?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bijouxcutey(f): 3:32pm On Jun 28, 2014
Yes Phema. The person to collect the visa should go with a valid ID and then you'd fill a proxy form behind the paper given to you to pick up your passport at a location you filled for the collection
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2014
bijouxcutey: Yes Phema. The person to collect the visa should go with a valid ID and then you'd fill a proxy form behind the paper given to you to pick up your passport at a location you filled for the collection

Thanks babes. That was helpful.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by IyawoToBe(f): 4:27pm On Jun 28, 2014
Hello all! It so unfortunate that we lost so many pages to the attack cry

Pls my hubby is filling our ds-160 form. But there is a part on his own form where he is been asked if he ten-printted during his last visa interview. But he sincerely can't remember if he did. He got his last Us visa in 2007. So he can't really remember.

My question is, when did the Us start the 10-printing policy in Nigeria. We already used google but we got varied responses. It will be good to get answers from Nigerians.

And also we plan scheduling our interview for August. But he had already paid for his visa since last year. He paid last year because he intended to have his vacation in the Us last year, but one thing led to another and he couldn't make the interview so he cancelled it and went to the Uk instead. Now we are applying together and his visa fee will expire July this year. There are no dates for July again so we are left with August. Will the visa fee still be valid for an interview scheduled for August since we will be doing the scheduling within the 1year validity period. Or should we just pay another fee altogether.

Pls advice! We are confused.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ifax(f): 4:37pm On Jun 28, 2014
U mean thumb printed?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by IyawoToBe(f): 4:40pm On Jun 28, 2014
Yeah! Thumb printing. 10-printed just means the 10fingers.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Kayraph(m): 5:08pm On Jun 28, 2014
@tzetzefly and other gurus in the house...

This is my issue.

I applied for a US visa in 2005 & also scheduled an appointment for the interview.

However, due to some work contingencies, I could not go for the interview.

Now I am currently applying for a Visitors' Visa to the US for my annual vacation in October.

Do I need to mention in my present application that I have applied before despite that I did not go for an interview?

I am married with 4 kids with a monthly salary of about N400k, working with the company since 2004. What are my chances of securing the visa (I'm traveling alone now but intends to go with my family next year summer)

This will be my first time of traveling abroad.

Thanks for your responses
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Yarn(m): 11:36am On Jun 29, 2014
Hello great people in the house. I'm not 100% new on Nairaland but I lost my account due to the NL attack.

Please I need advice. My fiancee (girlfriend of 3 years) is a US/Nigerian dual citizen, we are in Nigeria and we want to relocate to the US after our marriage in a few months. I have never left Nigeria before (a virgin passport), and she doesn't know anything about the US visa process.

My best friend lives in the US so I am thinking of getting a visit visa to see him (and maybe add a software conference to my travel reasons), so if I can get a 2 year multiple entry visa I don't mind coming back to Nigeria as often as I need to (I don't plan to overstay or do anything illegal or stupid). The plan is for her to come along once I get a visa, and for us to begin processing residency papers (for me) once we get to the US.

Background: I have a B.Sc. and I have been working as a self-employed software developer. I'm also in some contract partnerships with software companies in Lagos. One of them has promised that they can provide me an official letter for visa purposes if necessary.

Besides just relocating for its own sake (and for the sake of my wife to be, who wants to return to the US), I am actually interested in pursuing postgrad studies in the US (Ph.D. preferably but due to studying in Nigeria I lack some research experience and may need to do an MSc first). I have been admitted for MSc before but couldn't go because I didn't get funding - and I couldn't defer it. If i get into the US I will definitely apply for postgrad studies again.

Someone said mentioning my fiancee's citizenship will likely be a bad move (I think so too, so I was not really going to do that). Another said I should try to visit another country first to increase chances of getting US visa. Yet another person said for a first-timer I will likely be given only single-entry and like maybe 1 month or 3 months!

How do you advice I should go about this process? I am totally clueless.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Yarn(m): 4:11pm On Jun 29, 2014
Any hints, guys?

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.