Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,902 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060007 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 7:43am On Aug 04, 2014
expertman: . @ just wise thanks so much. Am an I.T teacher and the conference is based on I.T. Although I also have another ticket for tourism. But am thinking of using the conference. While my sister who is a retired health worker will be using the tourist pass ticket. But sincerely we both don't knw the required forms to fill. I only know about the student visa which they will fill DS160 and submit then go to the interview with F1-20 kindly help us out @ justwise. Thanks

Who is sponsoring the conference? You or the school you work for? What is your salary range?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:54am On Aug 04, 2014
expertman: Dear gurus in the house. Pls I need ur help all. Am a novice when it comes to visiting visa. I have been inivited for a 3days conference and have all supporting documents available. Pls what are the necessary forms on fill on u.s embassy website ? Before booking for my interview appointment. Hope to hear back from u pls.

www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:01am On Aug 04, 2014
waleedb: [b]Greetings to tzetzefly and all other contributors to this great thread.
I intend to visit the US in Jan 2015 for a deserved vacation. I'm a Custom Clothier. I have been in business since 2006. I have been in this particular business since 2009. I'm in my late 20's single never married, no baby Momma so obviously no kid. I run a personal and corporate account. I have receipts for levies i have paid to various government agencies since i started operation i.e. trade payment, local govt levy, signage levy etc. I tend to use my personal account more often. I have a 3 landed property but only one of them has a C of O. I run 2 shops. My monthly turn over combined is between 600-900k. I have 10 workers in all. I have some other incomes from my other business that usually comes in lump sum every once in a while. I have only traveled to Ghana for a day and Cotonou for also a day but I may be visiting Dubai later this year. I don't have much of travel experience or free time due to the nature of my business I have to work all year round . All my staffs go on 2 weeks break every first 2 weeks of the year so I intend to join them this time around. I will like to Visit NY, Hawaii and Washington during our next break which is Jan 2015. I intend to sponsor myself. Please what are my chances of getting a VISA ? Should I apply as a tourist or have a family or friend invite me? I personally will prefer to apply as a tourist. Kindly advise me also on when to apply and what I need to do before then . I like to plan ahead. Thanks for your much anticipated response.
[/b]

Pick a particular destination point say New York. Get a few facts about the major tourist attraction there.

Have the necessary information about your business at hand and the number of staff under your employ.

Why you're leaving that business at that time for vacation must be clearly determined.

Go through whatever criteria that you feel is best for you either through hotel reservation in New York or letter from a relative in the States (you must be ready to prove that you know him/her that well).
Re: Usa Visit Visa by expertman(m): 8:04am On Aug 04, 2014
tzetzefly:

www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp
. Thanks so much so the only forms to fill is the DS160? Because that's the only form they mention there b4 interview booking.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:45am On Aug 04, 2014
expertman: . Thanks so much so the only forms to fill is the DS160? Because that's the only form they mention there b4 interview booking.

If you follow the steps highlighted on that website, you should be fine.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by needforspeed: 10:23am On Aug 04, 2014
Good day tzetzefly my fellow NAIRALANDERS..My b1 visa interview is coming up in couple of weeks and am wondering if you guys could help me out with likely questions to be asked..am going for an agricultural training/conference...re they any specific documents that would be needed in that respect? what dress mode would be appropriate ?... Please help me out
Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2014
tzetzefly,concerning 'jefferylanj' case about not presenting the Dubai stamps on the passport as claimed, heard its a possible life ban, tzetzefly pls you can enlighten us about it.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NADAL5: 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hello tzetzefly. Pls for someone that's going for a visit @ th US do I need to undergo anytin like medical test before my interview date, if Yes, pls how do I go about it and am having my visa interview around October??.......
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2014
superfavour: tzetzefly,concerning 'jefferylanj' case about not presenting the Dubai stamps on the passport as claimed, heard its a possible life ban, tzetzefly pls you can enlighten us about it.

Heard from where?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2014
NADAL5: Hello tzetzefly. Pls for someone that's going for a visit @ th US do I need to undergo anytin like medical test before my interview date, if Yes, pls how do I go about it and am having my visa interview around October??.......

Not really.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2014
needforspeed: Good day tzetzefly my fellow NAIRALANDERS..My b1 visa interview is coming up in couple of weeks and am wondering if you guys could help me out with likely questions to be asked..am going for an agricultural training/conference...re they any specific documents that would be needed in that respect? what dress mode would be appropriate ?... Please help me out

An outfit that makes you very comfortable.

Likely questions are from what you indicated on your DS-160.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 9:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
tzetzefly:

Heard from where?

Just people suggestions and saying its misrepresentation ..tzetzefly does it mean that has minimal effect or it could be overlooked when presented with the dubia slips or....My curiosity: I want learn .
Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by waleedb: 11:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
tzetzefly:
Pick a particular destination point say New York. Get a few facts about the major tourist attraction there.
Have the necessary information about your business at hand and the number of staff under your employ.
Why you're leaving that business at that time for vacation must be clearly determined.
Go through whatever criteria that you feel is best for you either through hotel reservation in New York or letter from a relative in the States (you must be ready to prove that you know him/her very well).

Thanks for your contribution. When is the best time to apply considering i want to travel in Jan 2015.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lafad11(m): 12:18am On Aug 05, 2014
Thanks to all the gurus in the house you guys are doing a Great job. God will continually bless u all.
I intend visiting the US with my wife and kid. We all have travel experience. I have been to UK more than 5 times. My wife twice and my daughter 1ce. My uncle is willing to give us an invitation letter, photocopy of data page of his American passport, certificate of naturalization . i think i have the necessary document. My question is do I need an hotel reservation along side my document.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by meggy11: 12:45am On Aug 05, 2014
lafad11: Thanks to all the gurus in the house you guys are doing a Great job. God will continually bless u all.
I intend visiting the US with my wife and kid. We all have travel experience. I have been to UK more than 5 times. My wife twice and my daughter 1ce. My uncle is willing to give us an invitation letter, photocopy of data page of his American passport, certificate of naturalization . i think i have the necessary document. My question is do I need an hotel reservation along side my document.
Thanks

If u will be living with ur uncle u don't need to. U tell the vo when u re asked asked (which u will probably fill in ur DS160 anyways.) if u will be living in a hotel then u may need a hotel reservation. Pls anything u fill in ur DS160 is what u will say through out the interview process. Try to be honest too.

Goodluck.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:00am On Aug 05, 2014
waleedb:

Thanks for your contribution. When is the best time to apply considering i want to travel in Jan 2015.

Anytime is sufficient.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:02am On Aug 05, 2014
superfavour:

Just people suggestions and saying its misrepresentation ..tzetzefly does it mean that has minimal effect or it could be overlooked when presented with the dubia slips or....My curiosity: I want learn .
Thanks

That is not a major factor to affect future applications.

Do as you're told in the last post.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by needforspeed: 7:43am On Aug 05, 2014
@tzetzefly...sorry forgot to tell you i have a company of my own which was setup up lat year......will this count?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 7:44am On Aug 05, 2014
tzetzefly:

That is not a major factor to affect future applications.

Do as you're told in the last post.

Alright, thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:01am On Aug 05, 2014
needforspeed: @tzetzefly...sorry forgot to tell you i have a company of my own which was setup up lat year......will this count?

Company set up last year, and was this included on your DS-160?

How do you hope to keep it running when you're away?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dannie007(m): 9:02am On Aug 05, 2014
Hello house please i need advice on this, my Dad who is a retired military officer and also went for several UN peace missions as a Vehincle Inspector while in Service, he is 73 of age now but he still very strong wishes to travel to the US for family vacation after the Death of our Mum its a year now, Myself my lil sis and my lil nephew who as been staying with US since the age of 2 years but he is 8 years now my lil sis 21 years she is in her 2nd year in University. My question is what are the chances of we getting the Visa and what are the requirement and again will dey require Visa fee from us for my lil Nephew. i work and also in my Finals. Please help me with possible advice i will really appreciate.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 05, 2014
charzyh2:

haha... A word is enough for the wise. I can't try that.

My guy, I won't lie for u those guru in the house they're like an "expo" of getting visa gba o. I read through all the post and I was issued 2yrs visa in the month of June still in naija though. So whatever they say.....na confirm. Stay blessed!

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 9:58am On Aug 05, 2014
saheedlawal30:

My guy, I won't lie for u those guru in the house they're like an "expo" of getting visa gba o. I read through all the post and I was issued 2yrs visa in the month of June still in naija though. So whatever they say.....na confirm. Stay blessed!

congrats bro. The guys are incredible. They later advised me on how I will go about it and get the visa.
What type of visa is yours?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lafad11(m): 10:00am On Aug 05, 2014
meggy11:

If u will be living with ur uncle u don't need to. U tell the vo when u re asked asked (which u will probably fill in ur DS160 anyways.) if u will be living in a hotel then u may need a hotel reservation. Pls anything u fill in ur DS160 is what u will say through out the interview process. Try to be honest too.

Goodluck.

Thanks a million for your swift response. Have a great day ahead.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by HOTWATER(m): 11:10am On Aug 05, 2014
Hello Guys , I have a wife in the US with a residence permit and i want to apply for a visit Visa . What chances do i stand . She has a good Job over there and i am currently working in one of the Telcoms company in Nigeria with a salary of 350k . A lot of her friends are willing to send invitation letter with offer to offset my bills . I am also capable of picking up my bills . I have only traveled to the UAE and UK before .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
My father is using a JP morgan chase account against a local bank account to sponsor our trip, is this acceptable?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by needforspeed: 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
@ tzetzefly..have been in the business for years...only had made a formal registration of it last yr..yes was included in my form..i ve lots of employees working for me and a cable supervisor
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ehido(m): 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
Hello Guys,

I need to replace the information on the hotel I will be staying, I cant get an email confirmation of the one I filled in but have a booking reference number, I feel this is not enough information to prove to the VO that I have a place to stay, hence I want to book in another hotel and get an emailed confirmation of my booking and then update the information in my application with the new hotel address. How do I go about sorting this issue out without rendering my application invalid and changing my appointment date which is for ending of Aug.

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
needforspeed: @ tzetzefly..have been in the business for years...only had made a formal registration of it last yr..yes was included in my form..i ve lots of employees working for me and a cable supervisor

Alright...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
Ehido: Hello Guys,

I need to replace the information on the hotel I will be staying, I cant get an email confirmation of the one I filled in but have a booking reference number, I feel this is not enough information to prove to the VO that I have a place to stay, hence I want to book in another hotel and get an emailed confirmation of my booking and then update the information in my application with the new hotel address. How do I go about sorting this issue out without rendering my application invalid and changing my appointment date which is for ending of Aug.

Thanks

All that isnt necessary. The first booking is just fine.

Do not make any form of payments unless your visa has been approved.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
HOTWATER:
Hello Guys , I have a wife in the US with a residence permit and i want to apply for a visit Visa . What chances do i stand . She has a good Job over there and i am currently working in one of the Telcoms company in Nigeria with a salary of 350k . A lot of her friends are willing to send invitation letter with offer to offset my bills . I am also capable of picking up my bills . I have only traveled to the UAE and UK before .

Since you're capable of footing your bills, it's all the VO want to know.

After you are able to prove your intention to return to a certain job and family back home.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
Sacluxpaint: My father is using a JP morgan chase account against a local bank account to sponsor our trip, is this acceptable?

Why are you being sponsored by your dad and moreso, with a foreign bank details?

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.