Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1062181 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 09, 2014
NADAL5: Hi tzetzefly...pls since am the one sponsoring and paying for my Trip, is it mandatory dat I must produce my bank Statement of account?? because for someone like me dat dos not have any millions of naira in my account pls wat'r my chances of geting the visa??.....
you don't need millions in your account to get a visa, in-flow and out-flow of reasonable amounts matters, and also you might be lucky the interviewing officer might not ask for documents, but it's always better to have all necessary documents in case of necessity.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NADAL5: 9:06am On Aug 09, 2014
Thanks chloe..... for ur response....pls wat if am not the one paying and sponsoring my trip, do I still need to produce my bank statement or should it be dat of the person paying for my trip?......because the person inviting me will be sendind down an invitation for me
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
NADAL5: Thanks chloe..... for ur response....pls wat if am not the one paying and sponsoring my trip, do I still need to produce my bank statement or should it be dat of the person paying for my trip?......because the person inviting me will be sendind down an invitation for me
according to what i've gathered you need to present your own account statement no matter how small the money in the account is and you'll present the sponsors account statement too, both account statements are necessary, or fixed deposit slips or anything, according to the Lagos niv website an invitation is not a requirement for a non-immigrant visa and also an invitation doesn't guarantee issuance of a non-immigrant visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by MoneyRule(m): 2:13pm On Aug 09, 2014
@suxes2005
I have an invitation letter from my aunt in the US and I wanna know what other documents I need from me and maybe from her to apply for a visa based on this invitation please. Thanks!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by IyawoToBe(f): 7:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hello all. Our interview is fast approaching. We started reading the thread some weeks ago but unfortunately, we couldn't cover so much before the data loss. I would appreciate if any one have a compilation of people's interview transcript. It will really go a long way in assisting us prepare.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by NADAL5: 6:40am On Aug 11, 2014
Hello Chloe.....pls for someone dat's embarking on a visit, do I need to undergo any form of Medical test Before or after my Interview and with this Recent Scare of Ebola in the Country, who nos the kind of Medical screenin the'll request frm us
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 8:13am On Aug 11, 2014
@justwise and d gurus here...is it ok for me to sponsor myself for a conference training in the US or my Company Which is ok plssss
Re: Usa Visit Visa by meggy11: 2:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
ekpotek:

For that is the key question. Never say you know someone in the US, even if you know. In my first interview in 2008, the VO asked me if I know someone in the US, which I responded in the negative. He then asked me where are my siblings, I told him they were all in Nigeria, mention the states they were. Then I passport was fresh with no travel history, and my visa was approved. The bottom line is never reveal any information that give the VO the impression that you are not likely to return. Such information as knowing
family member and spend long time in the US are very difficult to convince the VO for first-time applicant

Are you for real? At this time and age? How can you advise people to lie about having siblings in the us? Pls guys try to be honest at all times. If you are caught in any form of dishonesty it can severely affect you now or in future. Guys be wise!!!!
@epotek, congrats for the approval of your visa. You have succeded in fooling the vo (I hope...) wish u all the best.

5 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
NADAL5: Hello Chloe.....pls for someone dat's embarking on a visit, do I need to undergo any form of Medical test Before or after my Interview and with this Recent Scare of Ebola in the Country, who nos the kind of Medical screenin the'll request frm us
no not at all, you don't need to undergo medical checkup only those applying for immigrant visas go through all that stress, they might only quarantine on getting there to be sure
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NADAL5: 7:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
@Chloe....thanks Maam I do appreciate ur response
Re: Usa Visit Visa by peter2010(m): 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2014
Experts in the house, I need ur urgent useful response plz. This is my case; My last travel abroad was in january 2009 to UK though before then I had traveled to abt 5 countries in europe. When I was filling the DS-160 form I came across this question: Have you traveled to any countries within the last five years? wat should my answer be is it YES or NO. If you feel it is NO. How do I proof my travel history to the VO. Since they might assume through the form that I've nt been abroad b4. I wil appreciate ur swift response. Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
Please answer cycober,we are in the same situation, not every one depends on a paid job
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayobj: 4:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
My US visa is expiring next month.
I wish to reapply with my wife whose visa also expires same day.
My 3 children have never been to the USA and will also need visas too.
I read that they can apply through the drop box process too even in their first time.
They are minors.my first daughter is 11 years old.

Please enlighten me how do we arrange it.
Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
NADAL5: @Chloe....thanks Maam I do appreciate ur response
you are welcome sir
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
peter2010: Experts in the house, I need ur urgent useful response plz. This is my case; My last travel abroad was in january 2009 to UK though before then I had traveled to abt 5 countries in europe. When I was filling the DS-160 form I came across this question: Have you traveled to any countries within the last five years? wat should my answer be is it YES or NO. If you feel it is NO. How do I proof my travel history to the VO. Since they might assume through the form that I've nt been abroad b4. I wil appreciate ur swift response. Thanks.
attach your old passport to your new passport is my own idea, it's over 4 years that you travelled last.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
Sacluxpaint: Please answer cycober,we are in the same situation, not every one depends on a paid job
I my opinion not everyone depends on a paid job but the sponsor matters (money in the account inflow and outflow) and also the age of the person who is dependant on a sponsor.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by fatfatty: 11:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hello house, Please if someone was denied American visa over 10 years ago, does d person need to indicate 'yes' if asked in d DS160 form?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 11:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
fatfatty: Hello house, Please if someone was denied American visa over 10 years ago, does d person need to indicate 'yes' if asked in d DS160 form?

Yes.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by meggy11: 3:09am On Aug 13, 2014
ayobj: My US visa is expiring next month.
I wish to reapply with my wife whose visa also expires same day.
My 3 children have never been to the USA and will also need visas too.
I read that they can apply through the drop box process too even in their first time.
They are minors.my first daughter is 11 years old.

Please enlighten me how do we arrange it.
Thanks

Fill ur ds160( u will be asked tf u re travelling alone or not, then u will indicate) year wife and kids will need their own DS160 forms too. When scheduling an appointment, there are certain questions u will be asked and if u meet up with the requirement then u are good to go. U may need to attach the kids passports with urs cos I believe u will be sponsoring them. Even if they haven't travel to d US or any other country they can still be issued visas.
All d best.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayobj: 8:48am On Aug 13, 2014
meggy11:

Fill ur ds160( u will be asked tf u re travelling alone or not, then u will indicate) year wife and kids will need their own DS160 forms too. When scheduling an appointment, there are certain questions u will be asked and if u meet up with the requirement then u are good to go. U may need to attach the kids passports with urs cos I believe u will be sponsoring them. Even if they haven't travel to d US or any other country they can still be issued visas.
All d best.
We qualify for drop box.
The visas for me and my spouse is 2 years.
How do the kids come in?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
chloe7: I my opinion not everyone depends on a paid job but the sponsor matters (money in the account inflow and outflow) and also the age of the person who is dependant on a sponsor.

Please whats the age?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
Sacluxpaint:

Please whats the age?
for example they don't expect someone who has graduated from school and of like 28 years old to still be dependent on his parents, they'll think the person is unserious, this is my own opinion o, because these white people have different approaches to different things, if at 28 for example no job, no child, no wife, still dependent on parents they will think such a person won't come back if he gets the visa.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by peter2010(m): 1:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
chloe7: attach your old passport to your new passport is my own idea, it's over 4 years that you travelled last.

If my answer is NO. Plz hw else do I prove my travel history aside of attaching the old passport if i'm asked at the interview? I need ur urgent response on this. Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
chloe7: for example they don't expect someone who has graduated from school and of like 28 years old to still be dependent on his parents, they'll think the person is unserious, this is my own opinion o, because these white people have different approaches to different things, if at 28 for example no job, no child, no wife, still dependent on parents they will think such a person won't come back if he gets the visa.

What if you are self-employed? You know the income of someone self-employed is different from someone on a paid job? And secondly how come there is no column or indication of where we can put details of our strong ties in ds160 form?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
Sacluxpaint:

What if you are self-employed? You know the income of someone self-employed is different from someone on a paid job? And secondly how come there is no column or indication of where we can put details of our strong ties in ds160 form?
yes I can understand when one is self employed and I think if you earn like 200k monthly as a self employed person is not so bad, no there is no column where you can indicate that and that's the more reason why your filled should be comprehensively filled because most decisions taken by the interviewing officer is based on the information provided in the form and that's why he may or may not ask to see support documents, in law we call it discretionary powers grin cheesy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
peter2010:

If my answer is NO. Plz hw else do I prove my travel history aside of attaching the old passport if i'm asked at the interview? I need ur urgent response on this. Thanks.
if you are asked you say yes and you provide the old passport if you don't attach it or show boarding passes
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:38am On Aug 14, 2014
ayobj:
We qualify for drop box.
The visas for me and my spouse is 2 years.
How do the kids come in?

The kids being minors, automatically qualifies for Drop box.

Apply as a family with an application for each member concerned.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:55am On Aug 14, 2014
peter2010: Experts in the house, I need ur urgent useful response plz. This is my case; My last travel abroad was in january 2009 to UK though before then I had traveled to abt 5 countries in europe. When I was filling the DS-160 form I came across this question: Have you traveled to any countries within the last five years? wat should my answer be is it YES or NO. If you feel it is NO. How do I proof my travel history to the VO. Since they might assume through the form that I've nt been abroad b4. I wil appreciate ur swift response. Thanks.

Your answer is a ''YES''.

Your passport with entry visas is a prove of previous travel. Any statement contrary to this, is a mis-information.

If you say ''NO'', it means you do not have any form of travel knowledge. This may work against you in the heat of the situation when the CO does not have the patience for additional information or when he/she needs a reason to disqualify you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 14, 2014
tzetzefly:

Your answer is a ''YES''.

Your passport with entry visas is a prove of previous travel. Any statement contrary to this, is a mis-information.

If you say ''NO'', it means you do not have any form of travel knowledge. This may work against you in the heat of the situation when the CO does not have the patience for additional information or when he/she needs a reason to disqualify you.

So you mean without the immigration stamps, we can include the visas as proof of previous travel? Please reply.Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:03am On Aug 14, 2014
Sacluxpaint:

So you mean without the immigration stamps, we can include the visas as proof of previous travel? Please reply.Thanks

Immigration entry stamps are your proof of previous travels and not an unused visas.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by fehinebony(f): 11:47am On Aug 14, 2014
Hello everyone, I just want to say thank u to everyone who offered advice and suggestions on this thread and also to everyone that shared their interview experience. I had my interview today and it lasted less than 3mins. Here is how it went:
My number gets called in window 1
Vo: good morning, how are you doing(with a smile)
Me: very fine thank you, you
Vo: am good.
Vo: why are you traveling to the us
Me: vacation
Vo: can see you r traveling with your spouse
Me:yes
Vo: does he have an American visa
Me : yes he does
Vo: do you have his passport with you
Me :yes
I gave him my husbands passport and he starts typing on his computer
Vo: how long have you been married
Me: 2yrs
Vo: what does your spouse do
Me: bla bla bla
Vo: what do you
Me:bla bla bla
Vo: can see you are going to Maryland
Me: yes
Vo: do you have families or friends in Maryland
Me: no
Vo: is that where your spouse went on his last trip
Vo: do you have kids
Vo: how many
Me: 2
Vo: who will stay with your kids while you r away
Me: my mum
Vo: can see you've been to the Uk b4
Vo: have you travelled with your spouse to the uk
Vo: do you intend to see a doctor in the us
He starts typing and then says am approving your visa, it will be ready on Wednesday, you can pick it up at ur preferred location

Me: thank you with a big smile

Booked my appointment in July, I took my time and read every single page on this thread and it was very helpful. I can say this is the best thread ever. Thanks again everyone.

The Chinese guy in windows 7 refused almost everyone while I was in there seems he doesn't like Nigerians (just saying)

For those about to apply just make sure you stick to all you filled in your Ds-160 form if you deviate from it you ll definitely be refused and also be well composed, be Bold and Dress your wage! All the best...

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
fehinebony: Hello everyone, I just want to say thank u to everyone who offered advice and suggestions on this thread and also to everyone that shared their interview experience. I had my interview today and it lasted less than 3mins. Here is how it went:
My number gets called in window 1
Vo: good morning, how are you doing(with a smile)

Me: very fine thank you, you

Vo: am good.

Vo: why are you traveling to the us

Me: vacation

Vo: can see you r traveling with your spouse

Vo: does he have an American visa

Me : yes he does

Vo: do you have his passport with you

Me :yes

I gave him my husbands passport and he starts typing on his computer

Vo: how long have you been married

Me: 2yrs

Vo: what does your spouse do

Me: bla bla bla

Vo: what do you

Me:bla bla bla

Vo: can see you are going to Maryland

Vo: do you have families or friends in Maryland

Vo: is that where your spouse went on his last trip

Vo: do you have kids

Vo: how many

Me: 2

Vo: who will stay with your kids while you r away

Me: my mum

Vo: can see you've been to the Uk b4

Vo: have you travelled with your spouse to the uk

Vo: do you intend to see a doctor in the us

He starts typing and then says am approving your visa, it will be ready on Wednesday, you can pick it up at ur preferred location

Me: thank you with a big smile

Booked my appointment in July, I took my time and read every single page on this thread and it was very helpful. I can say this is the best thread ever. Thanks again everyone.

The Chinese guy in windows 7 refused almost everyone while I was in there like he doesn't like Nigerians (just saying)

For those about to apply just make sure you stick to all you filled in your Ds-160 form if you deviate from it you ll definitely be refused and also be well composed, be Bold and Dress your wage! All the best...

Wow...thanks for this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.