Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1062225 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 8:22am On Aug 08, 2014
tzetzefly:

Who are your employers?

A construction/ haulage company where I work
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:26am On Aug 08, 2014
superfavour:

A construction/ haulage company where I work

No, they cannot sponsor an M-1 visa application.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 8:35am On Aug 08, 2014
tzetzefly:

No, they cannot sponsor an M-1 visa application.

Oops,what am I to do? They are on the I-20 form, my interview is coming up soon.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cindylee: 8:36am On Aug 08, 2014
tzetzefly:
It is not a mistake.
Dear tzetzefly, thanks so much for your response this early morning. I really appreciate it. I still called a friend of mine that works in another embassy and he keeps telling me to reschedule that it's unlikely they work on Saturdays but the program I am going for has a deadline. Do they work on Saturdays or is it better I just cancel and reschedule. Please help and what so you think. Thanks again
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:37am On Aug 08, 2014
cindylee:
Dear tzetzefly, thanks so much for your response this early morning. I really appreciate it. I still called a friend of mine that works in another embassy and he keeps telling me to reschedule that it's unlikely they work on Saturdays but the program I am going for has a deadline. Do they work on Saturdays or is it better I just cancel and reschedule. Please help and what so you think. Thanks again

They work saturdays.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 08, 2014
cindylee:
why don't you just call the embassy to clear your doubts
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:39am On Aug 08, 2014
superfavour:

Oops,what am I to do? They are on the I-20 form, my interview is coming up soon.

They may be indicated on the I-20, does not mean they can sponsor you.

No relationship whatsoever.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 8:42am On Aug 08, 2014
tzetzefly:

They may be indicated on the I-20, does not mean they can sponsor you.

No relationship whatsoever.

Who is an advisable sponsor for an M-1 ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:50am On Aug 08, 2014
superfavour:

Who is an advisable sponsor for an M-1 ?

A church / missionary body where an applicant fully belongs to either as a worker or clergy man.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 9:00am On Aug 08, 2014
tzetzefly:

A church / missionary body where an applicant fully belongs to either as a worker or clergy man.

Ok,If am to get my church to sponsor,what will I be requiring of them?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:06am On Aug 08, 2014
superfavour:

Ok,If am to get my church to sponsor,what will I be requiring of them?

Why this visa, and why now?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 9:15am On Aug 08, 2014
tzetzefly:

Why this visa, and why now?

Am suppose to go for a training, my company where I work already agreed to raise funds for my trip
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cindylee: 9:21am On Aug 08, 2014
chloe7: why don't you just call the embassy to clear your doubts

Thanks Chloe7 and tzetzefly, I just called to confirm and they said it's no mistake. They opened the system for j1 visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:21am On Aug 08, 2014
superfavour:

Am suppose to go for a training, my company where I work already agreed to raise funds for my trip

Are you a clergyman or a missionary?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by peter2010(m): 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
chloe7: you can do the interview together , when you get to the stage to book appointment you will see the option and also it's better she uses your name both in the form , passport and everything, you can also call the embassy they close official lines 1pm today 014603400, you can even do group scheduling , my friend went with her husband ,they are newly weds and also she bears his name.

Thanks alot for the response. Plz I will like to clear these: Will i get the option for couple's interview after filling the DS-160 form cuz I cudnt get the option on the appointment schedule page. And also my wife passport carried her maiden name cuz she got it before our wedding. Should she still maintain the maiden name or wat can we do to avoid confusion plz. I will be glad if all the experts in d hw can contribute to these especially tzetzefly. I appreciate u all.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babbs45: 2:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
cindylee: Dear all, I applied for a j1 visa and I was scheduled for Saturday. Is this is mistake from their site or does the embassy work on Saturday? I was scheduled for 9.30 am. Please help. Thanks

Don't think that is a mistake. They do interview on Saturdays as well.

Good luck!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
peter2010:

Thanks alot for the response. Plz I will like to clear these: Will i get the option for couple's interview after filling the DS-160 form cuz I cudnt get the option on the appointment schedule page. And also my wife passport carried her maiden name cuz she got it before our wedding. Should she still maintain the maiden name or wat can we do to avoid confusion plz. I will be glad if all the experts in d hw can contribute to these especially tzetzefly. I appreciate u all.
with the little knowledge I have with what i've read on the us immigration website, you and your wife should fill separate ds-160 forms then you indicate in the form that you are travelling with someone when you reach the point while filling the form, she should fill her maiden name where you have other names and also use your name too. Schedule your interview to same day which you can do after you have paid visa fees for both of you separately and that might be all for now.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
peter2010:

let justwise and tzetzefly help us out a little bit too with what they know about it

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by peter2010(m): 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
chloe7: with the little knowledge I have with what i've read on the us immigration website, you and your wife should fill separate ds-160 forms then you indicate in the form that you are travelling with someone when you reach the point while filling the form, she should fill her maiden name where you have other names and also use your name too. Schedule your interview to same day which you can do after you have paid visa fees for both of you separately and that might be all for now.

Once again thanks for the prompt response. Plz I still need 2 b clear on these: Does she need 2 use my surname on the surname box and her maiden name on where you have other names? (Note: she has her maiden name on the passport). Also, I believe by scheduling our interview 4 same day doesn't guarantee same time (not sure though). I'm a bit confused, plzzz kindly help me out by explaining in details on hw to go abt my questions. I appreciate. Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
peter2010:

Once again thanks for the prompt response. Plz I still need 2 b clear on these: Does she need 2 use my surname on the surname box and her maiden name on where you have other names? (Note: she has her maiden name on the passport). Also, I believe by scheduling our interview 4 same day doesn't guarantee same time (not sure though). I'm a bit confused, plzzz kindly help me out by explaining in details on hw to go abt my questions. I appreciate. Thanks.
yes your surname is surname box since that's her new name and her maiden name in the other names box , but when you get to names as written on passport, write it as it is on the passport, can't you just go for change of name at the passport office to ease other future hiccups, i'm only suggesting.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
peter2010:

have you called the embassy? Because I think the embassy will be able to provide a clearer information

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 4:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
peter2010:

When filling the DS-160 form for, you will enter her surname as it is written on her passport, ie her maiden name. You then be asked to enter other names that the applicant also bears. Here you will then enter her married surname and other names. Note: The name that would be used to issued the visa if successful would her maiden name as written on her passport. If you want to use her married name, then you have to get a new passport.

When scheduling your appointment, there is a provision to schedule either a group or family appointment. Choose family appointment and the system would request you to enter the confirmation number and payment invoice number. This will automatically, group your wife and you together. Then you can then choose the available date and slot for the interview. Note: the appointment would be in your name but with an indication that the applicants are two. When you enter the consulate you will be given one tally so that the VO can interview the two of you together. I hope this is clearer.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by jeffobodo: 4:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
house a friend of mine went for f-1 interview in
2011 and was denied although he presented an
ond certificate during the interview now hes done
with his hnd and working now,hes now planning
to go for visiting b1/b2 visa what are his chances
at the embassy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
Thank you jare, @peter I hope you get some useful information from this
ekpotek:

When scheduling your appointment, there is a provision to schedule either a group or family appointment. Choose family appointment and the system would request you to enter the confirmation number and payment invoice number. This will automatically, group your wife and you together. Then you can then choose the available date and slot for the interview. Note: the appointment would be in your name but with an indication that the applicants are two. When you enter the consulate you will be given one tally so that the VO can interview the two of you together. I hope this is clearer.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by peter2010(m): 5:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
chloe7: Thank you jare, @peter I hope you get some useful information from this

Thanks alot. @chloe7, @ekpotek i'm grateful. It's good to know that there are people like u to count on always. Plz i may still av other questions 2 ask when I'm set for the application. Thanks for these great explanation. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by skimmeh1: 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
It is not advisable to claim you don't have a relative when indeed you have a relative in the USA. You might think you get away with it now but later on in future it will haunt you. You might have a family reunion to be held in usa later or have any important family event in usa and I tell you that's when you get caught. Between, claiming you don't have a family member doesn't guarantee your visa so always come true in all information you are giving. I also was denied in July on reason attached to if I have a relative in the states or not and I boldly say I do. It doesn't matter, what will be will surely be. I will still reapply and always stick to the truth in my circumstances. God bless us all.
ekpotek:

For that is the key question. Never say you know someone in the US, even if you know. In my first interview in 2008, the VO asked me if I know someone in the US, which I responded in the negative. He then asked me where are my siblings, I told him they were all in Nigeria, mention the states they were. Then I passport was fresh with no travel history, and my visa was approved. The bottom line is never reveal any information that give the VO the impression that you are not likely to return. Such information as knowing family member and spend long time in the US are very difficult to convince the VO for first-time applicant

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
ekpotek:

For that is the key question. Never say you know someone in the US, even if you know. In my first interview in 2008, the VO asked me if I know someone in the US, which I responded in the negative. He then asked me where are my siblings, I told him they were all in Nigeria, mention the states they were. Then I passport was fresh with no travel history, and my visa was approved. The bottom line is never reveal any information that give the VO the impression that you are not likely to return. Such information as knowing family member and spend long time in the US are very difficult to convince the VO for first-time applicant

That is misleading and dangerous thing to advice somebody. Please lets be mindful of the sort of advice we give people here.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
I think you should be truthful with filling your ds-160 form because I didn't have a cause to print mine out but I remember everything I filled because I didn't have a cause to lie , as for relatives there are two parts when they ask if you have immediate relatives which I filled no because I don't and as for the other part I filled yes because I do have distance relatives that I have rarely come in contact with twice but we are not in touch at all at all., I intend telling the interviewing officer if he asks that I have really distant relatives that we are not in contact and we last saw b4 they relocated to the u.s , I think more of truthfulness and a little or no lies is good and a little packaging too because packaging matters , I hope to share my testimony in September as I have never visited the u.s before but other countries , it is well. Good luck everyone
Re: Usa Visit Visa by soladnet14: 9:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
Pls, do we really need the printed Confirmation of Appointment page for the interview
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
soladnet14: Pls, do we really need the printed Confirmation of Appointment page for the interview
no printed confirmation, no appointment. Without it you can't enter.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 09, 2014
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NADAL5: 7:58am On Aug 09, 2014
Hi tzetzefly...pls since am the one sponsoring and paying for my Trip, is it mandatory dat I must produce my bank Statement of account?? because for someone like me dat dos not have any millions of naira in my account pls wat'r my chances of geting the visa??.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.