Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1062247 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ehido(m): 10:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
tzetzefly:
All that isnt necessary. The first booking is just fine.
Do not make any form of payments unless your visa has been approved.

I don't intend to pay any money till I get the visa, I have all the money in my account already.
From what u've just said I don't need to book another accommodation and get an email confirmation of my booking printed out?
If this is the case how do I prove to the VO that I can support myself while I'm there and how do I show him I have a place to stay when I get there. I know I have it all covered but I think I should be able to show proof when asked.

Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
Ehido:

I don't intend to pay any money till I get the visa, I have all the money in my account already.
From what u've just said I don't need to book another accommodation and get an email confirmation of my booking printed out?
If this is the case how do I prove to the VO that I can support myself while I'm there and how do I show him I have a place to stay when I get there. I know I have it all covered but I think I should be able to show proof when asked.

Thanks.

You wont be asked for a physical document to show where you'll be staying.

An unpaid reservation will do just fine.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dannie007(m): 11:16am On Aug 06, 2014
dannie007: Hello house please i need advice on this, my Dad who is a retired military officer and also went for several UN peace missions as a Vehincle Inspector while in Service, he is 73 of age now but he still very strong wishes to travel to the US for family vacation after the Death of our Mum its a year now, Myself my lil sis and my lil nephew who as been staying with US since the age of 2 years but he is 8 years now my lil sis 21 years she is in her 2nd year in University. My question is what are the chances of we getting the Visa and what are the requirement and again will dey require Visa fee from us for my lil Nephew. i work and also in my Finals. Please help me with possible advice i will really appreciate.

please i need advice on this so i can relate it to my Dad.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
tzetzefly:

because there is not enough money in the local one

Why are you being sponsored by your dad and moreso, with a foreign bank details?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hi all,

I am happy to inform the house that my US visa interview today 6/07/2014 was successful. I was a bit nervous and apprehensive as I was attending the interview with my wife. The US consulate, Lagos has really changed, going by the last time I visited in 2008. Interviews are done in the open reception area and you can hear and see how applicants are either approved or refused. My interview was scheduled for 7.30am but did not start until 9.45am, due to the crowd. This is transcripts of the interview:

VO: How are are doing?
Us: Fine Sir.
VO: I can see that you're going to New Orleans
Me: Yes
VO: What are you going there for?
Me: We are going to attend two conferences.

Typing vigorously on the computer, glanced at our passports and asked
VO: And what do you do?
Me: I am bla bla bla bla

The VO look at his computer screen again and continue to type. He then turned to us and asked
VO: I see that you have been to the US before, when was this?
Me: 2008
VO: So the conferences that you're attending is related to your work?
VO: Any your wife, what does she do? oh I see she is accompanying you, I guess for her it's holiday
Wife: Yes sir.
VO: How long have you been married?
Me: 5 years
VO: Are you planning to attend to any medical or health issues in the US?
Us: No
VO: Okay, your visas have been approved. Pick up your passport next Wednesday at this location. Thank you.
Us: Thank you and bye

Duration on interview: 3 minutes.

No document was requested. This is God in action. May his name be praised for evermore, in Jesus name amen.

5 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
ekpotek: Hi all,

I am happy to inform the house that my US visa interview today 6/07/2014 was successful. I was a bit nervous and apprehensive as I was attending the interview with my wife. The US consulate, Lagos has really changed, going by the last time I visited in 2008. Interviews are done in the open reception area and you can hear and see how applicants are either approved or refused. My interview was scheduled for 7.30am but did not start until 9.45am, due to the crowd. This is transcripts of the interview:

The VO look at his computer screen again and continue to type. He then turned to us and asked
VO: Any your wife, what does she do? oh I see she is accompanying you, I guess for her it's holiday
VO: Okay, your visas have been approved. Pick up your passport next Wednesday at this location. Thank you.

No document was requested. This is God in action. May his name be praised for evermore, in Jesus name amen.
I tap into your blessings oooo
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hello everyone, I guess i'm the newest on the thread now and i'm here for advice please advice me on how to go, i've filled my b2 form i'm a student who intends going on tourism, my mum is my sponsor, I have a planned itinerary, I intend to stay in atlanta Georgia, please offer any advice or tips that cann be helpful, I forgot to add i've made trips outside Nigeria but not to the u.s.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
ekpotek: Hi all,

Wow, congratulations!!! Thanks be to God.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by soladnet14: 8:51am On Aug 07, 2014
Pls house, aside all documents, payment receipt and PP, what are the other things one is required to get for the interview
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 07, 2014
I was turned down today by a Chinese CO, despite telling the truth and everything in my form, I just feel its random selection.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sisit: 10:45am On Aug 07, 2014
Goodday all,
Read dis post from 0 when I found it and it has been og enormous help.Had my visa interviewq tode 7/8/14 with my husband @ 7.30 am and Visa approved by 8.45am. Since I gained a lot from odas, I have decided to post my experience
VO: Are U ....
Husby: Yes
VO:Where are u going in the US?
Husby:Orlando
VO:Starts typing seriously-How many kids do yo have?
Husby: Answers
VO:What do u do?
Husby:I am a ....
VO:How long will u be in d'US?
Husby: 14 days-got dat frm dis forum though wrote 2 wks in form
VO:Have u been to d'UK before or u just have d'Visas
Husby: I have been to d'UK
VOsadturns to me)What do u do
Me: I am a ....
VO:Are u going to have a baby in the US?
Me: No-Laugh
VO: Are u pregnant or planning to have a baby soon?
Me:No -Laugh
Note VO was not even smiling
VO: Who would look after ur kids when u are away
Me:My mother...their grand mother
VO:Madam can u come over so I can verify ur prints again?
Turns to husby-same for u Sir
VO:pls pick up ur Visas on Tues

Even till now, I am still dazed-Less dan 3 mins No document asked despited d'fact dat we were refused last yr bt sure it was cos I was pregnant but I stiL believe its all God's'Favour.

I wish every oda person still waitng to be interviewed best of luck- Most of all, Fast and pray...

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by sisit: 10:54am On Aug 07, 2014
Sacluxpaint: I was turned down today by a Chinese CO, despite telling the truth and everything in my form, I just feel its random selection.

Forget dat chinese guy. He turned down every1 dat came his way except for a lady.Prayed so hard not to be interviwed by him.

Guess u were d'guy trying so hard to explain to him and he did not look interested.

Apologies.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
Na him sabi, despite my travel history and all. Americans are never truthful. I wasnt the guy trying to explain.American embassy is not a god. As he gave me the blue paper, I said God bless you and immediately left. Congrats on your approval and enjoy your trip
sisit:

Forget dat chinese guy. He turned down every1 dat came his way except for a lady.Prayed so hard not to be interviwed by him.

Guess u were d'guy trying so hard to explain to him and he did not look interested.

Apologies.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Lloydgibs: 2:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
The Chinese CO interviewed me and my wife on 5/08/2014 and it was approved. we have not traveled out of the country(Not even Ghana or Niger republic) before and we were honest about it.

VO: Hello?
Us: Hi.

VO: Who is she to you ( pointing at my wife)
Me: She is my wife

Me: Honeymoon we are newly weds

Wife: I am bla bla bla bla

VO: Have u traveled out before
Me: we answered together NO

VO: Do u have any one in US?
Me: We answered No

VO: What do u do Sir
Me: i am a bla bla with bla bla

Me: One week

ME: No

VO: where are u going in US
Me: bla bla

VO: How long are u staying
Me: 10 Days

VO: turns to Wife Why did u choose this place
Me: because of the tourist attraction places we could visit

VO: Is that all
Wife: Well my husband choose it for us

VO: (Asks us again) Do u have any one in US
WE: in unionism NO

Your Visa is approved: i didnt here any thing again come and see the smile on my face

Duration on interview: Less than 2 minutes.

No document was requested. Its only God that can do this.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by fatfatty: 2:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
Lloydgibs: The Chinese CO interviewed me and my wife on 5/08/2014 and it was approved. we have not traveled out of the country(Not even Ghana or Niger republic) before and we were honest about it.

Your Visa is approved: i didnt here any thing again come and see the smile on my face

Congratz bro.
Sorry, Has your wife changed to your name or she still has her maiden name on her passport?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NADAL5: 2:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
@Lloydgibs I tap into ur miracle sir.....as am having my own interview sometime in october.....Congrats once again
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Lloydgibs: 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
fatfatty:

Congratz bro.
Sorry, Has your wife changed to your name or she still has her maiden name on her passport?

She still has her maiden name on her passport

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
Lloydgibs: The Chinese CO interviewed me and my wife on 5/08/2014 and it was approved. we have not traveled out of the country(Not even Ghana or Niger republic) before and we were honest about it.

Me: Honeymoon we are newly weds

congratulations sir , I'm using the same method as you , I don't have an invitation letter I only have a hotel booking and bank account statement , and I don't have immediate relatives in the u.s, my interview is coming up September 8th 6.30am
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
sisit:

Apologies.

I also noticed that Chinese VO was refusing people too. My experience and advise is that 80% of the decision is made based on your DS-160 form. The remaining 20% either to approved or refused is when they interview you. I also noticed that DS-160 form is intelligently designed, so that they can quickly know if you are providing false information. When I filled the form for my wife application and entered, "Not employed" as Job. They form did not ask about Travel history. Unlike my own form when I entered that I was working, there were followup questions on travel history and job description. So be very careful, about filling the DS-160 form. Another point I also want to make on the duration of your visit. If for instance you say you want to spend 1 month in the US, this will send red flag, as the VO know that it is difficult for anyone to house a person for up to 1 months, without incurring bills. So it safer to say at most 14 days, even if you have free accommodation.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2014

For that is the key question. Never say you know someone in the US, even if you know. In my first interview in 2008, the VO asked me if I know someone in the US, which I responded in the negative. He then asked me where are my siblings, I told him they were all in Nigeria, mention the states they were. Then I passport was fresh with no travel history, and my visa was approved. The bottom line is never reveal any information that give the VO the impression that you are not likely to return. Such information as knowing family member and spend long time in the US are very difficult to convince the VO for first-time applicant
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 5:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
soladnet14: Pls house, aside all documents, payment receipt and PP, what are the other things one is required to get for the interview

Nothing. Just dress smartly and be ready to defend what information you provided in your DS-160 form. In most case the VO do not even look at those documents.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hi all,

My visit Visa was approved yesterday. The VO gave me a white paper with instruction where to collect the my passport. The question is do I go there with other form of identification, as I was not given any collection stub number, as written in the white paper. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Lloydgibs: 6:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
Just stick to what you filled on your form and be honest, dress well and PRAY you will be fine

chloe7: congratulations sir , I'm using the same method as you , I don't have an invitation letter I only have a hotel booking and bank account statement , and I don't have immediate relatives in the u.s, my interview is coming up September 8th 6.30am
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
Lloydgibs: Just stick to what you filled on your form and be honest, dress well and PRAY you will be fine

I was really honest filling my form I can remember every information even though I don't have a copy of the form, I filled in that I don't have immediate family in the u.s and also at the contact place I put in a friend that resides in NY, I hope that's good. Don't worry i'm a good dresser of life... lol grin and i'll be filled with prayers too
Re: Usa Visit Visa by peter2010(m): 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2014
Good day experts in the house, plz I have these 2 urgent question to be answered asap plz. (1). I want to travel to US soon with my wife for holiday (B2 visa). Plz, hw do I book for an appointment with my wife i.e hw can we attend the interview together? I've searched thru their website but it seems I can only book for one. (2). We got married last year, but my wife has not changed her name officially, what do you suggest plz, can she stick with her maiden name in the form? Ur quick response to this will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
charzyh2:

congrats bro. The guys are incredible. They later advised me on how I will go about it and get the visa.
What type of visa is yours?

B1 and B2
Visit and Toursim
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 11:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
saheedlawal30:

B1 and B2
Visit and Toursim

Please, can we know what are the questions you were asked and how did you answer them?
Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cindylee: 1:32am On Aug 08, 2014
Dear all, I applied for a j1 visa and I was scheduled for Saturday. Is this is mistake from their site or does the embassy work on Saturday? I was scheduled for 9.30 am. Please help. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 08, 2014
peter2010: Good day experts in the house, plz I have these 2 urgent question to be answered asap plz. (1). I want to travel to US soon with my wife for holiday (B2 visa). Plz, hw do I book for an appointment with my wife i.e hw can we attend the interview together? I've searched thru their website but it seems I can only book for one. (2). We got married last year, but my wife has not changed her name officially, what do you suggest plz, can she stick with her maiden name in the form? Ur quick response to this will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
you can do the interview together , when you get to the stage to book appointment you will see the option and also it's better she uses your name both in the form , passport and everything, you can also call the embassy they close official lines 1pm today 014603400, you can even do group scheduling , my friend went with her husband ,they are newly weds and also she bears his name.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 8:07am On Aug 08, 2014
Tzetzefly,pls my M-1 interview is coming up soon, Would like to know if having my employers as a sponsor raise an issue, the vocational training is "religious". Pls advice
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:16am On Aug 08, 2014
superfavour: Tzetzefly,pls my M-1 interview is coming up soon, Would like to know if having my employers as a sponsor raise and issue, the vocational training is "religious". Pls advice

Who are your employers?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:17am On Aug 08, 2014
cindylee: Dear all, I applied for a j1 visa and I was scheduled for Saturday. Is this is mistake from their site or does the embassy work on Saturday? I was scheduled for 9.30 am. Please help. Thanks

It is not a mistake.

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.