Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1061405 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Largeabbey: 8:45am On Aug 17, 2014
fehinebony, Thanks for sharing your husband's experience but I don't have the intention of applying any time soon.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by IyawoToBe(f): 8:50am On Aug 17, 2014
Good morning all. Pls I am in a twist.
I want to know if one can still go ahead and use and old ds-160 number/confirmation even after one had filled another one and has generated a new number/confirmation.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 17, 2014
IyawoToBe: Good morning all. Pls I am in a twist.
I want to know if one can still go ahead and use and old ds-160 number/confirmation even after one had filled another one and has generated a new number/confirmation.
use your new confirmation number, the old one is literally useless, you can't have 2 confirmation numbers at a time.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 17, 2014
Largeabbey: fehinebony, Thanks for sharing your husband's experience but I don't have the intention of applying any time soon.
just try and reapply now we never can tell, I also have an aunt who was refused and reapplied and went again the following week and she was given. It's better to reapply when the time frame is close. I'm only trying to convince though

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
chloe7: no he won't because dv is immigrant while B1/B2 is non-immigrant

NOT TRUE!
Your name is in the database so all forms of approvals/denials associated with it can be seen and used as a basis for denying or approving you.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
shidoshi:

NOT TRUE!
Your name is in the database so all forms of approvals/denials associated with it can be seen and used as a basis for denying or approving you.
read well and understand , he said he has applied for visa lottery and he didn't say he was denied visa for visa lottery.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 1:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
chloe7: yes it is, n but errmmm somewhere farther might be better, travel experience only helps it doesn't really matter, once you can demonstrate your ties really strongly you won't have a problem by God's grace.

Thanks ma...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 2:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hi everyone,
I'm an ND2 (final year) student in Auchi Polytecthnic, Edo state.
My dad wants to sponsor my trip to the US in next year February for tourist purposes and I'll be spending two weeks there. We do not have anyone in US so I will be booking a hotel. Now, I will be commencing my one year Industrial Training (IT) programme in Ondo state Ministry of Works come next year January. Please, what are my chances of getting the tourist visa even if I present a letter from the ministry?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
chloe7: read well and understand , he said he has applied for visa lottery and he didn't say he was denied visa for visa lottery.

his post "Thanks...

Pls am going for my B1/B2 visa interview next month

I just want to know maybe the CO will know that I have once apply for DVlottery before..."

though comment is suggestive and doesnt say whether he honored the interview

your ITK response ''no he won't because dv is immigrant while B1/B2 is non-immigrant''

now tell me how they WOULD NOT know he has applied before?

if he indeed got to the interview stage and was denied. cos if he was approved he wouldnt go for a B1/B2
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
shidoshi:

his post "Thanks...

Pls am going for my B1/B2 visa interview next month

I just want to know maybe the CO will know that I have once apply for DVlottery before..."

though comment is suggestive and doesnt say whether he honored the interview

your ITK response ''no he won't because dv is immigrant while B1/B2 is non-immigrant''

now tell me how they WOULD NOT know he has applied before?

if he indeed got to the interview stage and was denied. cos if he was approved he wouldnt go for a B1/B2

this forum is to share knowledge and help one another not for you to come from no where to give derogatory remarks , the person above never said he was denied DVD lottery , millions of Nigerians applied for DVD lottery when Nigerians were still allowed to participate, and both visas fall into different categories , so what's the headache about?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
chloe7: this forum is to share knowledge and help one another not for you to come from no where to give derogatory remarks , the person above never said he was denied DVD lottery , millions of Nigerians applied for DVD lottery when Nigerians were still allowed to participate, and both visas fall into different categories , so what's the headache about?

My headache is STOP passing WRONG INFORMATION!
Accept corrections and learn so you dont get a rude shock when you go for your interview!!!!!!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 9:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
justwise: [/b]
Yes.

Hi Justwise,
My dad wants to sponsor my trip to the US in next year February for tourist purposes and I'll be spending two weeks there. We do not have anyone in US so I will be booking a hotel. Now, I will be commencing my one year Industrial Training (IT) programme in Ondo state Ministry of Works come next year January. Please, what are my chances of getting the tourist visa even if I present a letter from the ministry?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
please am looking for an interview date for my mum,how can i get her interview asap,thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
shidoshi:

Accept corrections and learn so you dont get a rude shock when you go for your interview!!!!!!

undecided
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
boyestic: please am looking for an interview date for my mum,how can i get her interview asap,thanks.
hello use this link https://cgifederal.secure.force.com to schedule an appointment .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 17, 2014
thank you cholef
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 12:09am On Aug 18, 2014
shidoshi:

Hmm...I don't get you guys, pls just help.

I applied for dv lottery 4yrs ago but not selected and I didn't near the embassy talkless of interview

Now I apply for a B1/B2 visa and my interview is coming up next month...

I just what to know maybe the CO we know or see my data that I have applied for dv lottery befor cos

Den, am single - now married

Graduate den buh no work - am working now

I re-arrange my name i.e first name and other

And my age was wrong then but its ok now in my int'l passport.

Plssss...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 18, 2014
boyestic: thank you cholef
you are welcome
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 18, 2014
adigunomomama:

I applied for dv lottery 4yrs ago but not selected and I didn't near the embassy talkless of interview

I just what to know maybe the CO we know or see my data that I have applied for dv lottery befor cos

Plssss...
Justwise and tzetzefly please help us answer this straight forward question please or rather email the embassy directly LagosNIV@state.gov because I need clarify on it , literally 3/4 of Nigerians applied for visa lottery then and from the beginning of this thread till now I'm yet to see anyone who attended the b1/b2 interview and said the v.o asked about Dv lottery if the person has tried it before or not , even the FAQ's on their website don't make provisions for such a question and even on the ds-160 form I filled I didn't see anything like that there, anyone who has seen such can please indicate so we can hear.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:22am On Aug 18, 2014
chloe7: Justwise and tzetzefly please help us answer this straight forward question please or rather email the embassy directly LagosNIV@state.gov because I need clarify on it , literally 3/4 of Nigerians applied for visa lottery then and from the beginning of this thread till now I'm yet to see anyone who attended the b1/b2 interview and said the v.o asked about Dv lottery if the person has tried it before or not , even the FAQ's on their website don't make provisions for such a question and even on the ds-160 form I filled I didn't see anything like that there, anyone who has seen such can please indicate so we can hear.

Having to play the diversity visa lottery in itself is not a redflag for an applicant applying for a U.S. non-immigrant visa.

What constitute a redflag includes:

1. When you are selected for a diversity visa (but unsuccessful during interview) and your information then and now is not consistent with the data base of the U.S. Dept of State.

2. When your name and date of birth strikes a form of resemblance with another individual who is already on the redflag radar of the U.S. State Dept

3. Almost sharing an identity with an individual who failed the U.S. administrative process previously.

These situation above and more, may prompt the CO to ask further questions in order to ascertain if the previous applicant in the data base of the State Dept, is the same person as the one staring directly at him/her during interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:37am On Aug 18, 2014
adigunomomama:

Plssss...

Once you're not selected for further processing of a diversity visa, then you have nothing to worry about concerning a non-immigrant visa.

Always ensure that your data are consistent in future application. This will save you avoidable future embarrassment.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jamchujor: 8:54am On Aug 18, 2014
Hello All,
i was scheduled to attend an official conference in US but was denied a non-immigrant visa based on section 214B. i do not no what this means. this happened about a month ago. my company wrote for a review but we did not recieve any response. i've reapplied since my appointment is still within date. dDo i need another invitation letter? what should be my reason for reapplying? not sure of my chances. pls advise.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 9:18am On Aug 18, 2014
tzetzefly:

Having to play the diversity visa lottery in itself is not a redflag for an application for a U.S. non-immigrant visa application.

What constitute a redflag includes:

1. When you are selected for a diversity visa (but unsuccessful during interview) and your information then and now is not consistent with the data base of the U.S. Dept of State.

2. When your name and date of birth strikes a form of resemblance with another individual who is already on the redflag radar of the U.S. State Dept

3. Almost sharing an identity with an individual who failed the U.S. administrative process previously.

These situation above and more, may prompt the CO to ask further questions in order to ascertain if the previous applicant in the data base of the State Dept, is the same person as the one staring directly at him/her during interview.

Hi Tzetze
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:36am On Aug 18, 2014
charzyh2:

Hi Tzetze

Do you have a relative in the States?

If your answer is in the negative, then you do not qualify for a tourist category (due to your age bracket and educational qualification).

At this time, you only qualify for a visit visa only if you have a relative in the States.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by skimmeh1: 1:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
@Chloe, please do not mis-inform people here by giving false advice. @poster, your information be it immigrant or non immigrant are on their database so be true.
chloe7: this forum is to share knowledge and help one another not for you to come from no where to give derogatory remarks , the person above never said he was denied DVD lottery , millions of Nigerians applied for DVD lottery when Nigerians were still allowed to participate, and both visas fall into different categories , so what's the headache about?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
tzetzefly:

Do you have a relative in the States?

If your answer is in the negative, then you do not qualify for a tourist category (due to your age bracket and educational qualification).

At this time, you only qualify for a visit visa only if you have a relative in the States.

Thank you very much for your quick response. As a matter of fact, I'm 21. Can this age still work against me?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Largeabbey: 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
Looks like I am going to have to renege on my words of not applying at the American embassy anytime soon. I am not only surprise but tight-lipped knowing it could now take couple of days to secure an appointment after being denied of a U.S visa. What user "Fehinebony" said about her husband being rejected and securing a visa after a short frame of time has left me wondering. Might be my turn who knows..........Well, before I decide to go on to make my payment for the visa fee I need to know if its advisable to persuade my wife to go with me even though I told the VO that she had just picked up a new job couple of months back. I doubt it if she will fall for my persuasion but I can be really insistent which will leave her with no option or should I just allow her work and go with my daughter of 4 she had for me before we got married? Tzetzefly and every other Guru on this thread please kindly take out your to look into my case and give me the best possible guide. I look forward to reading from you all patiently.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
Guys, American embassy is saying on their website that they have technical issues for now in processing visa and my interview is on friday. I want to know how long it will take me to get my passport back if i am given and if it will affect my interview. They said that people that have been interviewed from July 21 and want to collect back their passport without visa can come and do so. Does it now mean that visas are no longer processed in the normal 3 days timeframe. Please the people that have been to the embassy recently, please shed more light oooo!!!! I dont understand this one!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
charzyh2:

Thank you very much for your quick response. As a matter of fact, I'm 21. Can this age still work against me?

You are not qualified for this application at this time. If you have a relative in the States to house and cater for your needs, then you stand a reasonable chance.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
Largeabbey: Looks like I am going to have to renege on my words of not applying at the American embassy anytime soon. I am not only surprise but tight-lipped knowing it could now take couples of days to secure an appointment after being denied of a U.S visa. What user "Fehinebony" said about her husband being rejected and securing a visa after a short frame of time has left me wondering. Might be my turn who knows..........Well, before I decide to go on to make my payment for the visa fee I need to know if its advicable to persuade my wife to go with me even though I told the VO that she had just picked up a new job couple of months back. I doubt it if she will fall for my persuasion but I can be really insistent which will leave her with no option or should I just allow her work and go with my daugther of 4 she had for me before we got married? Tzetzefly and every other Guru on this thread please kindly take out your to look into my case and give me the best possible guide. I look forward to reading from you all patiently.

For now travel someplace else with your family. Apply together again on a future date.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 5:57am On Aug 19, 2014
tzetzefly:

Once you're not selected for further processing of a diversity visa, then you have nothing to worry about concerning a non-immigrant visa.

Always ensure that your data are consistent in future application. This will save you avoidable future embarrassment.

Thank you...am not selected

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.