Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1061973 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ess: 2:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
cindynwagbo:
Am back house though it was a denial but all thanks to God. I answered all the question asked and still the white woman didn't give myself and daughter. Pls I want to try UK pls can my gurus help me with the link and give me information about the visa application and procedures. Thanks house.

https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/1

That is the link.
Pls send your interview so we can analyse also. All the best.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by keni: 3:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
cindynwagbo:
quote author=keni post=31004090]
The lack of travel experience could also be a factor (Maybe for this particular VO)

NB was their any question about you travelling with your husband for this vacation? I think so dear so am thinking of going to dubai March month end .then when am back apply for UK. Then before thinking of usa again

Oh ok just put it in prayer, do the Dubai and if UK wahala is too much u can consider South Africa just to add to the travel history

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by deri20: 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
cindynwagbo:
V.o: where in Maryland are you going to
Me: baltimore
Vo :what are you going to do there
Me: vacation for seven days
Vo:have you travelled before
Me:no
Vo how many kids do u have
Me one and she is right here with me
vo: are you pregnant
me No
Vo : are you going for medical treatment
me No just vacation
Vo :What does ur husband do
Me a medical doctor works with .......
Vo :and what do you do?
Me: am a student acquiring more knowledge to update my profile.
vo: head down typing
Vo : am sorry you don't have the necessary requirement for this visa.
That's all my people. Nothing else. Felt bad thou but what more can I do. Despite my husband's valid US visa.
Dear friend i feel your pain. I learnt from this thread that it always good as a married lady to tell VO that you are going for tourism rather than vacation. Oyinbo conception about vacation is diffetent from ours. They believe its a family thing and not a solo act. Your non-travelling experience is not a minus at all. My boss got her visa despite she has never travelled outside Nigeria before. Infact she obtained her passport for the purpose of the trip.
Above all, God factor must be constantly constant. I stand to be corrected please. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 23, 2015
cindynwagbo:

I told her that I was travelling with him too.
i'm so sorry about your refusal cindynwagbo na so America dey do, you can try them later again, their matter na weather. You can try UK but I don't think a travel history is a criteria for a visa, it is only an added advantage, even uk gives on virgin passport and the u.s too, we just have to pray to be interviewed by the right person, it will be well.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 23, 2015
chloe7:
i'm so sorry about your refusal cindynwagbo na so America dey do, you can try them later again, their matter na weather. You can try UK but I don't think a travel history is a criteria for a visa, it is only an added advantage, even uk gives on virgin passport and the u.s too, we just have to pray to be interviewed by the right person, it will be well.
thanks chloe am thinking of going to dubai March ending. to dis virgin the passport. Pls do you know how much dubai visa is now? Then when am back will try UK visa before going back to US.but this time will go to abuja no more lagos.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 100dollarbills(m): 4:12pm On Feb 23, 2015
cindynwagbo:

Awwwww!!! Sis don't let the refusal discourage or weigh you down. I've seen people hereon getting their visa at the 5th attempt
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 100dollarbills(m): 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2015
cindynwagbo:

Awwwww!!! Sis don't let the refusal discourage or weigh you down. I've seen people hereon getting their visa at the 5th attempt...sorry sis
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
100dollarbills:

Awwwww!!! Sis don't let the refusal discourage or weigh you down. I've seen people hereon getting their visa at the 5th attempt...sorry sis
Hian! Which kain?! Abegi e no reach 5 attempts! smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 23, 2015
cindynwagbo:
thanks chloe am thinking of going to dubai March ending. to dis virgin the passport. Pls do you know how much dubai visa is now? Then when am back will try UK visa before going back to US.but this time will go to abuja no more lagos.
I like your spirit jare Dubai visa is. $150 I usually pay my agent when I arrive there sha I mean for the visa for yourself and daughter it will be $300 1100 dirhams (dubai money) tickets aren't so expensive now, then since its your first time applying to the u.k you will do an interview after submission, like an video call interview sha and you know u.k likes plenty of evidence so don't forget to put pictures account statements even the smallest and fill details carefully, then u.s embassy abuja is the way my dear
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 23, 2015
chloe7:
I like your spirit jare Dubai visa is. $150 I usually pay my agent when I arrive there sha I mean for the visa for yourself and daughter it will be $300 1100 dirhams (dubai money) tickets aren't so expensive now, then since its your first time applying to the u.k you will do an interview after submission, like an video call interview sha and you know u.k likes plenty of evidence so don't forget to put pictures account statements even the smallest and fill details carefully, then u.s embassy abuja is the way my dear
chloe dear you are spirit lifter thanks alot.pls would love to get your agents contact so as to make arrangements now before time. Thanks alot once again
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
100dollarbills:

thanks dollar bills.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
cindynwagbo:
chloe dear you are spirit lifter thanks alot.pls would love to get your agents contact so as to make arrangements now before time. Thanks alot once again
no problem when you are ready you can PM me and i'll give you his number, don't worry it will be well, after my 2 u.s refusals i've decided to take a chill pill abi wetin I go do, life doesn't end there after a day you'll stop feeling bad. Buh i'm definitely using Abuja next time for my reapplication
Re: Usa Visit Visa by judefab: 6:44am On Feb 24, 2015
chloe7:
no problem when you are ready you can PM me and i'll give you his number, don't worry it will be well, after my 2 u.s refusals i've decided to take a chill pill abi wetin I go do, life doesn't end there after a day you'll stop feeling bad. Buh i'm definitely using Abuja next time for my reapplication

ABUJA is better ooo...less people and have enough time to state your case....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by profGinger: 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2015
I got my visa approved today.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by 100dollarbills(m): 6:06pm On Feb 24, 2015
profGinger:
I got my visa approved today.

Congrats...pls share ur transcripts.

#Teamsuccess#march4visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ugochux(m): 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2015
Good day everyone.. I have flippd tru sm pages here.. I'm currently servn my dear country (nysc) to be done by july/aug 2015.. My cousin in the states wants me to pay him a visit..he's bn dia fr close to 10yrs ..(US army)..he's gon snd me an invitation and oda back up documnts...umm, what re my chances of getn the visa.. Most likly to apply arnd june/july..thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by profGinger: 8:18pm On Feb 24, 2015
My appointment was slated for 8.30am.
I meet some men outside that were screening people to go inside, when it got to my turn he wrote TB on my appointment form. I asked the rational for the TB, he said the confirmation number in my appointment don't correlate with the that in my appointment slip. I was furious and and he didn't allow me to go in and I left angrily . By 2pm I went back to the embassy. I demanded to see the head of the consular session and the security allowed me in. I bemoaned the way I was treated and he asked if I was ready for the appointment. I said yes I did biometric am transcript of the interview.
VO what is the purpose of my trip
Me I responded vacation and that I intend celebrating my birthday in the Usa.
VO hmmm and went inside with my passport
And told me to pick it up on Friday . He didn't ask any further question.

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tpiah99: 8:19pm On Feb 24, 2015
any info on dropbox?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by stevemims(m): 8:22pm On Feb 24, 2015
profGinger:
I meet some men outside that were screening people to go inside, when it got to my turn he wrote TB on my appointment form. I asked the rational for the TB, he said the confirmation number in my appointment don't correlate with the that in my appointment slip. I was furious and and he didn't allow me to go in and I left angrily . By 2pm I went back to the embassy. I demanded to see the head of the consular session and the security allowed me in. I bemoaned the way I was treated and he asked if I was ready for the appointment. I said yes I did biometric am transcript of the interview.
Really? If you had gone in earlier may b it wud av bn a dffrnt story. I tap into that kind of favour u had later in the day. Congrats

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by exboyega: 8:45pm On Feb 24, 2015
Congratulations.....profginger
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Egomah(m): 8:48pm On Feb 24, 2015
Congratulations man, I like your spirit, its something I would have done if I was in your shoes. Just because of your actions they couldn't ask you further questions. Believe me, it was a blessing in disguise. If you had gone it and just said your birthday thing, I think your chances would have been just 30%.
Congratulation once again
profGinger:
Re: Usa Visit Visa by profGinger: 8:54pm On Feb 24, 2015
I encourage applicants to apply through Abj, more so the manner an applicant comport himself matter a lot. Many applicant were nervous and consular officer usually size pple up. I saw some Alhaji that dey just asked just two question. With their looks its obvious that they won't stay back in the US. Base on their charisma and suave. But grace factor still play out.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 24, 2015
Hi house,

I put up this request on other US visa thread but am not getting any response.

I am due to attend a summit in Las Vegas in June.

The problem is that my passport has my maiden name,so also are my official documents. I have been married since 2010 and I have a son. I also have my marriage certificate to prove this.

My employer is paying my ticket and accommodation.

Does this name issue be a hindrance?

Justwise? Suxes?....Anybody?...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ugochux(m): 6:11am On Feb 25, 2015
Cn someone please respond to my question, thanks..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:26am On Feb 25, 2015
desire212:
Hi house,

I put up this request on other US visa thread but am not getting any response.

I am due to attend a summit in Las Vegas in June.

The problem is that my passport has my maiden name,so also are my official documents. I have been married since 2010 and I have a son. I also have my marriage certificate to prove this.

My employer is paying my ticket and accommodation.

Does this name issue be a hindrance?

Justwise? Suxes?....Anybody?...
No madam. It is not a pronlem. They are aware that women have different names on passports. My passport/visa is in my maiden name and my husband carried it along when he went.
People go to america to born with their maiden name
As long as you have your supporting docs, you are gold
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:34am On Feb 25, 2015
Ugochux:
Good day everyone.. I have flippd tru sm pages here.. I'm currently servn my dear country (nysc) to be done by july/aug 2015.. My cousin in the states wants me to pay him a visit..he's bn dia fr close to 10yrs ..(US army)..he's gon snd me an invitation and oda back up documnts...umm, what re my chances of getn the visa.. Most likly to apply arnd june/july..thanks
Your chances are not guaged by the status of your inviter but by you, the applicant. You did not state your status but I guess by June/Jult it will be unemployed. You should be young. Are you married? Do you have travel history? If the answer to the above is in the negative then the probability is not in your favour
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Solo84(m): 7:50am On Feb 25, 2015
profGinger:
profGinger:
profGinger:

Congrats Prof, that was a rare favour.
do you have any travelling history?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ugochux(m): 8:11am On Feb 25, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Your chances are not guaged by the status of your inviter but by you, the applicant. You did not state your status but I guess by June/Jult it will be unemployed. You should be young. Are you married? Do you have travel history? If the answer to the above is in the negative then the probability is not in your favour

Actually I'm young, (24)..not married.. Travel history, not yet.., I wl be done wit nysc by july buh wd continue wit my voluntary job (for d experince) bn workn voluntarily somwhere since last year..I knw dt travel history wd b a prblm, buh I'm also considrn mkn a trip to d UK (short visit) jst fr d recrds and to disvirgin my pp.. Buh dias no harm in tryin abi? Its jst dt I dnt want any negtv rcrd on my pp..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 2unzy(f): 11:11am On Feb 25, 2015
Just be composed and God favour.......am actually a corper too and wil be done by july but I had my interview feb10 @lagos embassy and I was issued a visa...I wil suggest u make ur application early now and don't wait til july cos dat might arouse deir thinking dat u re not coming back
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 2unzy(f): 11:14am On Feb 25, 2015
Ugochux:

Actually I'm young, (24)..not married.. Travel history, not yet.., I wl be done wit nysc by july buh wd continue wit my voluntary job (for d experince) bn workn voluntarily somwhere since last year..I knw dt travel history wd b a prblm, buh I'm also considrn mkn a trip to d UK (short visit) jst fr d recrds and to disvirgin my pp.. Buh dias no harm in tryin abi? Its jst dt I dnt want any negtv rcrd on my pp..

Just be composed and God favour.......am actually a corper too and wil be done by july but I had my interview feb10 @lagos embassy and I was issued a visa...I wil suggest u make ur application early now and don't wait til july cos dat might arouse deir thinking dat u re not coming back
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ugochux(m): 11:46am On Feb 25, 2015
2unzy:

Congrats oooo....Can u share ur transcripts pls..virigin passport? "6mnths?? Wen r u leavn?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
Ugochux:

the u.s embassy is still more lenient with disvirgining passports than the u.k

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.