Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060759 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:42am On Mar 01, 2015
@Fredricko less than 24 hours now. I just said a smalllllllllll prayer for you.
Just remember my puff puff and coke.
#march4visa
100 dollar when is yours again?
Btw I hope una no be omobabe type of applicants o?! Lol

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by celosia: 9:51am On Mar 01, 2015
Hello good morning guys, I am trying to complete my application at the point where its asking for point of contact in the US which is anyone that can verify my identity do I put a friends name or the hotel I am going to stay there? Please I am confused a prompt response will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 01, 2015
celosia:
Hello good morning guys, I am trying to complete my application at the point where its asking for point of contact in the US which is anyone that can verify my identity do I put [b]a friends name or the hotel [/b]I am going to stay there? Please I am confused a prompt response will be appreciated. Thanks

Either of the 2 will be ok...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Isjaymoh(m): 11:22am On Mar 01, 2015
I had my interview on 25th of Feb and I was deny. Actually I was going for visiting during the Easter period so that I would be able to spend my Easter vacation which is 2 weeks with my Aunt in the state.
This how the consular officer interview me.
Where are you going in the US
Me; Told her
Purpose of traveling
Me; To honor my Aunt invitation to visit her and his family.
How long will you be staying
Me; 2 weeks
What do you do
Me; I work with xyz
How much do you earn
Me; I told her
Who is paying for this trip
Me; Sponsoring myself
Are you married
Me; No
Have you travel outta the country
Me; No
NeXt thing was you won't be able to grant visa now, you may reapply.

I guess where the problem from is that am single and no travel experience. So when I told my Aunt that I was deny, she ask me to reapply that she will contact the embassy a day before my neXt interview date.

All I need from you guru's is how soon can I reapply, because am going for Easter vacation. And can anybody help me with the embassy contact.

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 11:30am On Mar 01, 2015
Isjaymoh:
I had my interview on 25th of Feb and I was deny.
I guess where the problem from is that am single and no travel experience. So when I told my Aunt that I was deny, she ask me to reapply that she will contact the embassy a day before my neXt interview date.
All I need from you guru's is how soon can I reapply, because am going for Easter vacation. And can anybody help me with the embassy contact.
Thanks
Your problem is that the US assume that your intention is to immigrate (overstay)
This means that you must provide strong ties to return home before a visa will be issued.
Landed property that you manage, family, children, or letter of leave from employer are good.
Single person, small savings, no job are bad.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
Isjaymoh:

Thanks

Your Aunt cannot influence nor contact the VO's to make them consider you for visa, even if she is able to contact them, they will not listen to her, follow what worry359 said....

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Isjaymoh(m): 1:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
worry359:

Your problem is that the US assume that your intention is to immigrate (overstay)
This means that you must provide strong ties to return home before a visa will be issued.
Landed property that you manage, family, children, or letter of leave from employer are good.
Single person, small savings, no job are bad.

I have the letter of leave with me and I also have a good job. But all this landed properties document ain't checked.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 01, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
#march4visa
Btw I hope una no be omobabe type of applicants o?! Lol

Thnks ooo, LadyG. Happy Sunday! !!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kodedklash(m): 5:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
Happy Sunday my people in d house and our wonderful advisers, I need an answer to this question, does d status of d person sending IV from US has any effect on d applicant weather good or bad, my cousin that sent IV to me is a soldier in US army and is d bridegroom of d wedding I want to go and attend, been a soldier in d US army does it add any advantage to my application ? am also an officer here in Nigeria and am using my work as a tie and am also carrying a virgin passport
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
kodedklash:
Happy Sunday my people in d house and our wonderful advisers, I need an answer to this question, does d status of d person sending IV from US has any effect on d applicant weather good or bad, my cousin that sent IV to me is a soldier in US army and is d bridegroom of d wedding I want to go and attend, been a soldier in d US army does it add any advantage to my application ? am also an officer here in Nigeria and am using my work as a tie and am also carrying a virgin passport
Short answer. No. The deciding factor is your ties to your home country which you have to demonstrate to the VO
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tee12345(m): 8:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
If you believe the reason for refusal was because you are single or you have no previous travel history. Then, the only logical thing to do is reapply either when you have married or after traveling out of Nigeria to other countries.

As for your contact getting in touch with the embassy, that stuff don't work anymore. Except your contact works in the White house.

Best of luck.

Isjaymoh:
I had my interview on 25th of Feb and I was deny. Actually I was going for visiting during the Easter period so that I would be able to spend my Easter vacation which is 2 weeks with my Aunt in the state.
This how the consular officer interview me.
Where are you going in the US
Me; Told her
Purpose of traveling
Me; To honor my Aunt invitation to visit her and his family.
How long will you be staying
Me; 2 weeks
What do you do
Me; I work with xyz
How much do you earn
Me; I told her
Who is paying for this trip
Me; Sponsoring myself
Are you married
Me; No
Have you travel outta the country
Me; No
NeXt thing was you won't be able to grant visa now, you may reapply.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by 100dollarbills(m): 8:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
fredoricko:

@ fredoricko....as u go for ur interview tomorrow, i decree & declare, if it's only one person that'd be granted visa @ Lagos US consulate, it shall be u IJN

1 luv bro

# teamsuccess#go4success#march4visa

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by 100dollarbills(m): 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
#march4visa
Btw I hope una no be omobabe type of applicants o? ol

grin America will know

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
fredoricko:

i'm sure you are quite prepared for your interview tomorrow, just this word of prayer for you, I pray God will grant you divine favour in your interview and you will have a cause to rejoice immensely tomorrow. I wish you all the very best. Good night and good luck tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by sisit: 9:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hello all,

Really appreciate all that av contributed so far!!!!!

My husband and I would like to renew our visas and both qualify for drop box.

Just wondering if we could submit our children's application too via drop box or they would have to appear for an interview

My children are all under 10.

If they do not qualify, is it better for us to all attend the interview together?

All views would be appreciated
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 10:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
sisit:
Hello all,

Really appreciate all that av contributed so far!!!!!

My husband and I would like to renew our visas and both qualify for drop box.

Just wondering if we could submit our children's application too via drop box or they would have to appear for an interview

My children are all under 10.

If they do not qualify, is it better for us to all attend the interview together?

All views would be appreciated
You may be eligible to apply for a U.S. visa without an interview based on your age, or if you are renewing a prior U.S. visa that expired less than 48 months ago.

Qualification for Drop-off Service Based on Age:

Children under 14 years of age, and applicants age 80 or older, may apply through the drop-off service if they have not been previously found ineligible for a U.S. visa.
Based on the above, they qualify. However to be very certain , why don't u call the embassy?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by celosia: 10:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hi everyone pls I am trying to submit my form on entering the code it keeps giving me the error mesage THE CODE ENTERED DOES NOT MATCH THE CODE DISPLAYED. I am entering the correct code. Done this severally please what can I do as time is of essence!. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by stevemims(m): 11:40pm On Mar 01, 2015
hello everyone I need some help on this I applied for a US Non-Immigrant visa using an Agent. After he claimed to have paid the Visa fees in GTB(a reciept was scanned to me), I noticed some funny character from the agent when he claimed he had scheduled me for an interview. I requested for a confirmation mail as a proof of appointment but he didn't send any. So I backed off the appointment to avoid ruining my immigration status. (Note. I didn't attend the interview because I felt it was a scam). Now having been a silent follower of this thread i wana do it myself,My question is whenever I am scheduled for an interview, ''when the VO ask if I have ever applied/or bn refused a US visa, what should be my appropriate answer''? Please note, the reason why I am confused is that I don't really know if actually the said agent truly booked any appointment for me since he couldn't provide me with a confirmatory email
from the embassy and I don't want to go and embarrass myself in the
presence of the VO in terms of lying. In summary, booking an appointment
and not attending, does it count as a
visa application/rejection? and if
appointment was booked but not
attended what should be the
appropriate answer when asked if you have applied for or have been refused a US visa before? Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:50am On Mar 02, 2015
100dollarbills:

@ fredoricko....as u go for ur interview tomorrow, i decree & declare, if it's only one person that'd be granted visa @ Lagos US consulate, it shall be u IJN

1 luv bro

# teamsuccess#go4success#march4visa

Amen!!!
Thnks alot, a few days time, it'll be my time to pray for you.
I jst woke up now, barely slept for 5 hrs.

May Jehovah's will take place. Amen!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:52am On Mar 02, 2015
chloe7:
i'm sure you are quite prepared for your interview tomorrow, just this word of prayer for you, I pray God will grant you divine favour in your interview and you will have a cause to rejoice immensely tomorrow. I wish you all the very best. Good night and good luck tomorrow.

Thnks alot chloe,
you've been a true Nairalander.

You y'all to the moon and back.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:28am On Mar 02, 2015
fredoricko:

Amen!!!
Thnks alot, a few days time, it'll be my time to pray for you.
I jst woke up now, barely slept for 5 hrs.

May Jehovah's will take place. Amen!
Are u at the embassy already? Be calm
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:36am On Mar 02, 2015
stevemims:
hello everyone I need some help on this I applied for a US Non-Immigrant visa using an Agent. After he claimed to have paid the Visa fees in GTB(a reciept was scanned to me), I noticed some funny character from the agent when he claimed he had scheduled me for an interview. I requested for a confirmation mail as a proof of appointment but he didn't send any. So I backed off the appointment to avoid ruining my immigration status. (Note. I didn't attend the interview because I felt it was a scam). Now having been a silent follower of this thread i wana do it myself,My question is whenever I am scheduled for an interview, ''when the VO ask if I have ever applied/or bn refused a US visa, what should be my appropriate answer''? Please note, the reason why I am confused is that I don't really know if actually the said agent truly booked any appointment for me since he couldn't provide me with a confirmatory email
from the embassy and I don't want to go and embarrass myself in the
presence of the VO in terms of lying. In summary, booking an appointment
and not attending, does it count as a
visa application/rejection? and if
appointment was booked but not
attended what should be the
appropriate answer when asked if you have applied for or have been refused a US visa before? Thanks.
Well u need to confirm catergorically if the agent submitted a DS 160 for U so the info then and now do not conflict.
Be that as it may, if u cannot confirm there, merely submitting an application and not going for the interview does not constitute a refusal.

However u must have an explanation ready for (a) why you didn't show up for the interview and (b) the reason for any conflicting info if any
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:38am On Mar 02, 2015
celosia:
Hi everyone pls I am trying to submit my form on entering the code it keeps giving me the error mesage THE CODE ENTERED DOES NOT MATCH THE CODE DISPLAYED. I am entering the correct code. Done this severally please what can I do as time is of essence!. Thanks
It happens all the time. Keep on trying. It will go. At last. Try at a time of the day you feel traffic on their server is lower.
Good luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by stevemims(m): 8:36am On Mar 02, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Well u need to confirm catergorically if the agent submitted a DS 160 for U so the info then and now do not conflict.
Be that as it may, if u cannot confirm there, merely submitting an application and not going for the interview does not constitute a refusal.

However u must have an explanation ready for (a) why you didn't show up for the interview and (b) the reason for any conflicting info if any
Thanks Ma/Sir, can i pm u? Need to make some further clarification
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:17am On Mar 02, 2015
stevemims:
Thanks Ma/Sir, can i pm u? Need to make some further clarification
Seen your PM. I'm a ma o not a sir.
Can you ask your questions here? So other folks can help also and learn? I'll answer all to the best of my ability. I have replied your pm sha
Re: Usa Visit Visa by stevemims(m): 9:45am On Mar 02, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Seen your PM. I'm a ma o not a sir.
Can you ask your questions here? So other folks can help also and learn? I'll answer all to the best of my ability. I have replied your pm sha
Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 02, 2015
Transcript

v.o morning
me morning
v.o why u goin to connecticut?
me To attend my cousin' s graduation.
v.o wt's ur cousin studying?
me electrical electronic engineering
v.o wt do u do?
me I'm a student
v.o wt course?
v.o when will u finish?
me 2016
v.o who's ur sponsor?
me my aunty ( cousin's mum)
v.o u married?
me no
v.o u travelled out of Nigeria before?
me no.
v.o bla bla bla

The thing abt it all is to pray to be interviewed by the right person. She didn't give any of the 3 persons she interviewed while I ws on queue. she wasn't even smiling or looking up. she jst kept typing and typing thruout, " like say her mind dey smwhere else". I culd tell she wsnt in a good mood, yhe the moment I joined d queue. some other v.o were really nice and welcoming. " she jst stood like an armed officer ready for battle.

well, I went, I saw, but didnt conquer 2day. lemme go study, I've gat a test on Thursday. I love my Country NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 02, 2015
chloe
LadyG
100dollarbills

Thnks guys, you're awesome.

Success on yours man, go get em!!!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spykid014(f): 10:05am On Mar 02, 2015
fredoricko:
Transcript

v.o morning
me morning
v.o why u goin to connecticut?
me To attend my cousin' s graduation.
v.o wt's ur cousin studying?
v.o wt do u do?
me I'm a student
v.o wt course?
v.o when will u finish?
me 2016
v.o who's ur sponsor?
me my aunty ( cousin's mum)
v.o u married?
me no
v.o u travelled out of Nigeria before?
me no.
v.o bla bla bla

The thing abt it all is to pray to be interviewed by the right person. She didn't give any of the 3 persons she interviewed while I ws on queue. she wasn't even smiling or looking up. she jst kept typing and typing thruout, " like say her mind dey smwhere else". I culd tell she wsnt in a good mood, yhe the moment I joined d queue. some other v.o were really nice and welcoming. " she jst stood like an armed officer ready for battle.

well, I went, I saw, but didnt conquer 2day. lemme go study, I've gat a test on Thursday. I love my Country NIGERIA.

E - hugs!

I've been a silent follower. Just remembered you and came to check how it went.

It is well my brother, everything will happen in its proper time.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 02, 2015
spykid014:

E - hugs!

I've been a silent follower. Just remembered you and came to check how it went.

It is well my brother, everything will happen in its proper time.

spykid huh?
so u be one of the ghost readers abi?
Lolz. Thnks man.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 12:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]@fredticko sorry child! im so sowwie! #hugs.
oya go and marry so they l give u smiley
Next time ok?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by damico: 12:11pm On Mar 02, 2015
A Lot of ghost readers, sorry @ fredoricko

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.