Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060769 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 18, 2015
chloe7:
it's 21st i'm only seeing now, I don't think I can reschedule once I choose 21st is my fear o, I don't want to dash them mrv fee for the third time, i'll rather take my time. I knew before you could schedule but now the whole thing has been made stiff plus I filled a new ds 160 and I still haven't got an email confirmation up till now, I might just end up using the previous ds 160 number
But what's d probability dat one can get an earlier date dan 21st of july, this one dat d whole process is so stiff dat one can't even bend it. A bird in hand.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 18, 2015
chloe7:
Yayyyyaahhhh prof is back, welcome back prof fredoricko

Hahaha haha. Thanks ooo
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 18, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Yippee ya yoooo! Welcome back! Missed ya chil'!
Ah aha! U go cotonou to get travel history ? cheesy grin

These days, guys like me need visa to enter Cotonou sef.
Thanks LadyG, you guys ve been holding the fort.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by pwettymary(f): 10:24am On Jun 18, 2015
Hello everyone,

I and other colleagues were invited for a wedding at the Caribbeans by my American boss. Turns out you have to get to the US before you can get there. He is sponsoring my whole trip as I'm an intern, How do I go about getting an American Visa? What should be my purpose for visit and all?

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by funjy: 10:48am On Jun 18, 2015
Hello house,

I did apply for the DV in the past does this in any way mean i have filed an Immigrant Visa Petition (because i want to i answered NO to that question in the DS-160 form filling will this affect my chances?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by pretty16(f): 10:57am On Jun 18, 2015
funjy:
Hello house,

I did apply for the DV in the past does this in any way mean i have filed an Immigrant Visa Petition (because i want to i answered NO to that question in the DS-160 form filling will this affect my chances?

Your answer Should be NO to that. DV lottery is different from a relative or employer filing an immigrant Petition on your behalf. Hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dyke004(m): 3:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
chloe7:
baldman the reason for denial is simply that your both parents and sister and family are in America, so if you go she thinks you will not come back, if you were married with a family already she might have let you through but you can try again if you want to and let your case be reviewed by another.

I don't agree with you dear Chloe7.
I have read so many approval and denial here and can confidently say its not because he has people there or because he is not married. These interviewers just do what they like. Its possible each one has a particular number they must not exceed in a day. just leave those people, we will continue to try. one day, they have no choice than to release it to us.
My people said, a person that took a child's thing and raise up his hand, that when his hand begin to pain him, he will bring down his hand and the child will take it back.

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
Dyke004:

I don't agree with you dear Chloe7.
I have read so many approval and denial here and can confidently say its not because he has people there or because he is not married. These interviewers just do what they like. Its possible each one has a particular number they must not exceed in a day. just leave those people, we will continue to try. one day, they have no choice than to release it to us.
My people said, a person that took a child's thing and raise up his hand, that when his hand begin to pain him, he will bring down his hand and the child will take it back.

Every visa applicant is an assumed Immigrant. The reason for the interview is to prove to the V.O that you're not. One common way to do that is to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that you have strong ties to your home country. That is the principle of section 215b of the United states immigration Act. If your immediate family is in the states and you don't have strong ties to your country namely (marriage, family, an awesome job, landed properties you hope to develop, a career.), then my friend, it's a sure refusal. Chloe is right k?

#Prof FredoRicko

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by gentleiphy: 11:14am On Jun 19, 2015
fredoricko:

Every visa applicant is an assumed Immigrant. The reason for the interview is to prove to the V.O that you're not. One common way to do that is to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that you have strong ties to your home country. That is the principle of section 215b of the United states immigration Act. If your immediate family is in the states and you don't have strong ties to your country namely (marriage, family, an awesome job, landed properties you hope to develop, a career.), then my friend, it's a sure refusal. Chloe is right k?

#Prof FredoRicko

@Fredricko...in as much i agree with what you said but to some extent i still maintain the VO may not base their refusal or approval on all the ties you mentioned and no other conviction you can give arguing your point with the VO when he/she didnt even ask more than 4 lines of questions...my case is an example and the boy i brought along was another pointer...i was denied based on the VOs mindset and the boy was approved based on his VO mindset.....if you talk of ties i have it more...an Accountant,good job for 10yrs witth same coy,married(wife has her own thriving business Dubai and Paris frequent,i have travelled to more than 13 European Countries both for work duty ,vacation and NGO meetings.4 African countries including South Africa,Kenya.Botswana and Ethiopia..(Ghana no follow cos na frequent)...and i have never applied to US embassy before cos i have no reason to...first time is for the same NGO i attend the meetings always twice in a year outside Nigeria..and mind you i have lands too being developed...but i was given the blue paper..after VO checked all the visas and even mentioned that i traveled a lot and same for the NGO meetings which am going for in New York,next question am i married..yes and any kids i said no and refusal.so in this 4 questions how did she know i didn't meet the ties and wont come back when all the ties they want is there...but the boy i came with?passport gotten 2 months ago,works in a cyber cafe with less than 50k,single,never been to Ghana..and his VO asked him where he was going to and for what purpose he answered what i thought him and white paper came out..your visa will be ready in so so time...16th of June this happened.so i am still looking for the ties they want.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by colored(m): 12:42pm On Jun 19, 2015
pwettymary:

Hello everyone,

I and other colleagues were invited for a wedding at the Caribbeans by my American boss. Turns out you have to get to the US before you can get there. He is sponsoring my whole trip as I'm an intern, How do I go about getting an American Visa? What should be my purpose for visit and all?

Thanks in anticipation.
apply for a transit visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:18pm On Jun 19, 2015
@gentleIphy it might not be in your best interests to state in a public forum that you conspired to commit a crime (which if the guy actually runs away, it would be both a crime in the US and Nigeria)

That said, helping a potential runaway is bad. Also goes to the record of your NGO. Casts aspersions on future honest applicants coming from the same NGO. It is very annoying when acts like this colour the minds of embassies worldwide about Nigerians / and other 3rd world countries. Frankly I'm appalled you even had the mind to talk about it...repeatedly.
If I'm allowed to state my humble personal opinion. I'd say karma kicked you in the behind

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by gentleiphy: 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
@gentleIphy it might not be in your best interests to state in a public forum that you conspired to commit a crime (which if the guy actually runs away, it would be both a crime in the US and Nigeria)

That said, helping a potential runaway is bad. Also goes to the record of your NGO. Casts aspersions on future honest applicants coming from the same NGO. It is very annoying when acts like this colour the minds of embassies worldwide about Nigerians / and other 3rd world countries. Frankly I'm appalled you even had the mind to talk about it...repeatedly.
If I'm allowed to state my humble personal opinion. I'd say karma kicked you in the behind

you made your point but not karma...just stating the obvious.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
gentleiphy:

@Fredricko...in as much i agree with what you said but to some extent i still maintain the VO may not base their refusal or approval on all the ties you mentioned and no other conviction you can give arguing your point with the VO when he/she didnt even ask more than 4 lines of questions...my case is an example and the boy i brought along was another pointer...i was denied based on the VOs mindset and the boy was approved based on his VO mindset.....if you talk of ties i have it more...an Accountant,good job for 10yrs witth same coy,married(wife has her own thriving business Dubai and Paris frequent,i have travelled to more than 13 European Countries both for work duty ,vacation and NGO meetings.4 African countries including South Africa,Kenya.Botswana and Ethiopia..(Ghana no follow cos na frequent)...and i have never applied to US embassy before cos i have no reason to...first time is for the same NGO i attend the meetings always twice in a year outside Nigeria..and mind you i have lands too being developed...but i was given the blue paper..after VO checked all the visas and even mentioned that i traveled a lot and same for the NGO meetings which am going for in New York,next question am i married..yes and any kids i said no and refusal.so in this 4 questions how did she know i didn't meet the ties and wont come back when all the ties they want is there...but the boy i came with?passport gotten 2 months ago,works in a cyber cafe with less than 50k,single,never been to Ghana..and his VO asked him where he was going to and for what purpose he answered what i thought him and white paper came out..your visa will be ready in so so time...16th of June this happened.so i am still looking for the ties they want.
i'm not being too religious or something but I will say God has his own way of doing things, since you knew that guy was going to run away and you still went ahead to conspire with him to run away which is even a criminal offense sef, he got the visa and you didn't get, you didn't expect luck to shine on you both did you? He simply took your space simple and short, the u.s embassy is as Terrible as not granting visas to applicants who want to attend any conference that NGO organizes if that guy runs away and doesn't return to Naija, also what makes you think he will scale at p.o.e even if he gets visa here.?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2015
chloe7:
i'm not being too religious or something but I will say God has his own way of doing things, since you knew that guy was going to run away and you still went ahead to conspire with him to run away which is even a criminal offense sef, he got the visa and you didn't get, you didn't expect luck to shine on you both did you? He simply took your space simple and short, the u.s embassy is as Terrible as not granting visas to applicants who want to attend any conference that NGO organizes if that guy runs away and doesn't return to Naija, also what makes you think he will scale at p.o.e even if he gets visa here.?

Yup. Karma is a female dog! He got what he had coming to him
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2015
pwettymary:

Hello everyone,

Thanks in anticipation.

Naiccce
And good luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bigfido: 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
LOOOL! Nigerians! what on earth is 'he got rejected because of karma or because he helped someone runaway??' and how is breaking immigration rules a criminal offence? have you seen someone go to prison for it before? do you fail exams because you whispered an answer to someone in an exams which therefore made the original answer wrong? our major problem will always be too much religion, illogical rational to solving a problem and finally blaming that problem on abysmal reasoning rather than finding logical and scientifical solutions to a problem. Why not just leave this baseless karma somewhere and tackle the problem gentleiphy is trying to talk about and see what possible solutions so that someone else will not get denied. Even pastors and Imam get denied with travel history and all sorts. the problem he is stating here is ties. what exactly do they mean by sufficient ties that won't get you denial. if you don't know the answer rather than suggest karma, please let someone else that might have an answer say so.
thank you my people

9 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by colored(m): 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

totally true. we couldn't have said it any better!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bigfido: 2:44pm On Jun 19, 2015
please does anyone know if the embassy have started printing visas now? it's been two weeks now since the outage
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 2:52pm On Jun 19, 2015
bigfido:
LOOOL! Nigerians! what on earth is 'he got rejected because of karma or because he helped someone runaway??' and how is breaking immigration rules a criminal offence? have you seen someone go to prison for it before? do you fail exams because you whispered an answer to someone in an exams which therefore made the original answer wrong? our major problem will always be too much religion, illogical rational to solving a problem and finally blaming that problem on abysmal reasoning rather than finding logical and scientifical solutions to a problem. Why not just leave this baseless karma somewhere and tackle the problem gentleiphy is trying to talk about and see what possible solutions so that someone else will not get denied. Even pastors and Imam get denied with travel history and all sorts. the problem he is stating here is ties. what exactly do they mean by sufficient ties that won't get you denial. if you don't know the answer rather than suggest karma, please let someone else that might have an answer say so.
thank you my people
Mr Sabi.
Read the criminal code for the definition of conspiracy.
Mr Sabinus I also told him earlier I saw no reason why he was denied. However as to aiding and abetting a person that intends to violate his visa terms, I remain resolute in MY humble opinion -KARMA SERVED HIM

I deviated from my usual tone and I'm aware I'm being very ascerbic. It is intentional. Your tone was rude and devoid of the understanding of the basic knowledge of the law AND people's views.
Somebody makes bold as to state he planned to do wrong and when it is condemned , you come up with lofty and 'evolved' ideas? Daalu kwa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
Bigfido i'm quite disappointed I must say because I felt you should call a spade a spade, the point he is trying to point out about ties has be talked about and trashed and we have all seen and the new point is conspiracy to help someone travel when you know he won't come back is criminal, in case you don't know read the criminal code and it is even against the U.S anti terrorism act just incase you don't know and you should also know that things like that should be taken personally and not handled with levity, S.517 of the Nigerian c.c talks about conspiracy to commit an offense.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
My anger de boil over to the point of thinking of sending an email to the embassy with all the details herein supplied... angry
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
chloe7:
Bigfido i'm quite disappointed I must say because I felt you should call a spade a spade, the point he is trying to point out about ties has be talked about and trashed and we have all seen and the new point is conspiracy to help someone travel when you know he won't come back is criminal, in case you don't know read the criminal code and it is even against the U.S anti terrorism act just incase you don't know and you should also know that things like that should be taken personally and not handled with levity, S.517 of the Nigerian c.c talks about conspiracy to commit an offense.
1. He added a person not a member of staff. I suppose he went with letters of employment and what what
2. He lied on an official document and signed off on it
Um...can somebody please help me with the definition of forgery or obtaining by false pretences...
One can also be tried for commitin an offence in another country if same is an offence in Nigeria.
Mr Iphie and cybercafe boy were in the emassy (technically american soil) and finished their misdeeds.
Now even if the above wasn't so, in what pararrel universe is is ok to openly talk about lying?
Ties or no ties, bad vo or no, karma did right this time around.
Well done karma!

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by colored(m): 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
My anger de boil over to the point of thinking of sending an email to the embassy with all the details herein supplied... angry
lol abeg mercy for dem
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bigfido: 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Mr Sabi.
Read the criminal code for the definition of conspiracy.
Mr Sabinus I also told him earlier I saw no reason why he was denied. However as to aiding and abetting a person that intends to violate his visa terms, I remain resolute in MY humble opinion -KARMA SERVED HIM

I deviated from my usual tone and I'm aware I'm being very ascerbic. It is intentional. Your tone was rude and devoid of the understanding of the basic knowledge of the law AND people's views.
Somebody makes bold as to state he planned to do wrong and when it is condemned , you come up with lofty and 'evolved' ideas? Daalu kwa.

see again, typical Nigerian. resulting name calling. the hair on your head is standing and your nostrils are wide open for telling you the truth about tackling issues and not reading illogical conclusion to it. Everyone here knows what he did is bad. I am sure he knows even before doing it. I am sure you have done something bad yourself at some point in your life. I am thinking this same karma for doing something bad as always been the reason somethings might not go as you have planned before? like i stated before your illogical reasoning came into play again, if you don't have a valid answer rather than a spiritual conclusion to issues, let someone that does say.

7 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by jub009: 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

nne biko
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
colored:
lol abeg mercy for dem
I won't nwanne! I won't. Vex jus full ma borry this aftermorning
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bigfido: 3:23pm On Jun 19, 2015
chloe7:

hi Chloe,
i am sure i read well with the karma kicked his behind so that's why he didn't get the visa. i might not have stated well the criminal thing but i am very sure he knows and everybody knows what he did is bad. but the question is about ties. let's focus well on that to help others and not karma getting you denied

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by bigfido: 3:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

you should actually. i can help you compile evidence since you might end up with more spiritual issues for doing that.

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2015
bigfido:

see again, typical Nigerian. resulting name calling. the hair on your head is standing and your nostrils are wide open for telling you the truth about tackling issues and not reading illogical conclusion to it. Everyone here knows what he did is bad. I am sure he knows even before doing it. I am sure you have done something bad yourself at some point in your life. I am thinking this same karma for doing something bad as always been the reason somethings might not go as you have planned before? like i stated before your illogical reasoning came into play again, if you don't have a valid answer rather than a spiritual conclusion to issues, let someone that does say.
I quite agree with u. My nostrils are flared. My veins are even popping. My conclusions are also illogical. But that's jus karma dear. It don't make sense.
TGIF. Make I go chop ma white soup and akpu
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ifegy: 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
Bigfido, these visa threads are followed quite openly by consular officers. Wrong activities should not be condoned; just makes it more difficult for the next honest person.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by bigfido: 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I quite agree with u. My nostrils are flared. My veins are even popping. My conclusions are also illogical. But that's jus karma dear. It don't make sense.
TGIF. Make I go chop ma white soup and akpu

see, there you again! Typical Nigerian! No sense of belonging or considering others. Just shear irrational people!! how dare you? White soup and akpu, no invite? sacrilege! shocked shocked anyways, we really shouldn't condone such bad behaviors here. it really serves him right he didn't get the visa, i just want us to discuss why or what excuse the vo had as regarding ties when he mentioned that he did't have a child and fiam, blue paper so someone might learn from it. no more name calling abeg! oshe, dalu, nagode

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:54pm On Jun 19, 2015
Lol
Bigfido. The white soup get stockfish, beef and chicken inside. I'm on d floor from hypersatisfaction. Can't move...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.