Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,062 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060860 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
Bigfido as to the reason why he didn't get the visa it remains a mystery and I really don't understand why is the pure truth because it na ties he get ties, why didn't he get the visa mba Nobody knows.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by baldman: 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
Talking about ties to Nigeria, I am a lawyer, I have been working continuously for close to 6 years, they did not even border to check my papers. I agree with the fact that decision could depend on each VO but there are guidelines to be followed and going by the line of questioning, she was concerned about my ties to the US, single status and lack of travel history because those were the areas she directed her questions into. Funny enough she seemed quite sympathetic that I would not be able to visit my ailing father. My mum felt hurt by the fact that they did not respect the old man's wish to be visited by his son ( all because it is America).... we were planning to get him to go out more, go to parks, cinema and just get him to be more physically active. She almost cursed her ( that her children will have the same difficulty).

My opinion is that what will be will be and in so far as one's intention is true, things will eventually work out. The good part is that I get to safe my money.. probably will be going to UAE later in the year.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:20pm On Jun 19, 2015
baldman:
Talking about ties to Nigeria, I am a lawyer, I have been working continuously for close to 6 years, they did not even border to check my papers. I agree with the fact that decision could depend on each VO but there are guidelines to be followed and going by the line of questioning, she was concerned about my ties to the US, single status and lack of travel history because those were the areas she directed her questions into. Funny enough she seemed quite sympathetic that I would not be able to visit my ailing father. My mum felt hurt by the fact that they did not respect the old man's wish to be visited by his son ( all because it is America).... we were planning to get him to go out more, go to parks, cinema and just get him to be more physically active. She almost cursed her ( that her children will have the same difficulty).

My opinion is that what will be will be and in so far as one's intention is true, things will eventually work out. The good part is that I get to safe my money.. probably will be going to UAE later in the year.
I sympathise with u . I feel your pain. But if u can see it through the VO's eyes, your pain might lessen. Your parents and sister are in the US (I hope I got that right). Your job can be abandoned (Rivers state NBA wasa on strike for close to 8 months sef and Rivers was still moving ) A wife would have been a better tie ( in my opinion)
Your story about an ailing dad, they have heard it before and believe Nigerians are mostly liars. Now again, I do not know how your family acquires status...
Like somebdy here said, your best bet is to do the migrant's visa koro koro.
Pele o!
By the way, Chloe and I did the math. Imagine. With at least 320 applicants everyday, each embassy gets at least N10m daily!!! I do not believe it is taxed either. Choiiiii! Good business o
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
J
bigfido:
LOOOL! Nigerians! what on earth is 'he got rejected because of karma or because he helped someone runaway??' and how is breaking immigration rules a criminal offence? have you seen someone go to prison for it before? do you fail exams because you whispered an answer to someone in an exams which therefore made the original answer wrong? our major problem will always be too much religion, illogical rational to solving a problem and finally blaming that problem on abysmal reasoning rather than finding logical and scientifical solutions to a problem. Why not just leave this baseless karma somewhere and tackle the problem gentleiphy is trying to talk about and see what possible solutions so that someone else will not get denied. Even pastors and Imam get denied with travel history and all sorts. the problem he is stating here is ties. what exactly do they mean by sufficient ties that won't get you denial. if you don't know the answer rather than suggest karma, please let someone else that might have an answer say so.
thank you my people

Are you a learner??
Guy you funny oooooooo
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Chijiuche: 7:48pm On Jun 19, 2015
I have been a slient reader on this forum. I went for my Visa interview yesterday and it went thus:

Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning
Vo: Please can I have your passport and your application...
Me: Pass it
Vo: where are you going to
Me: Orlando florida
VO: Are you married?
Me: Noo
VO: have you been rejected UK Visa before
Me: (I did not hear what he said so I just nod my head)
VO: why were you rejected?
Me: Noo, I have not been denied before ooo. as you can see, I have a valid 2 year UK visa
VO: Ok (Just slipping through my passport)
VO: Which country have you been to ?
Me: Libera and Sierra leaone for Project, UK twice for vacation
Vo: Ok (Keep typing)
Vo: Where do you work?
Me: Bleep company
VO: What do you work as?
Me: IT Project management
VO: Travelling alone
Me: yes
VO: I tot that Florida is mainly for couples
Me: After a hectic project that is about to go live, i feel i should just go and rest my head and relax before resuming back to work and my leave is commencing on the 8th of July.
VO: (keep typing......) He now ask again "anything?"
Me: Nooo, I did not say anything
Vo: (After typing for like 20 seconds.......He said, he reached for a white paper and circled the pickup address and said" Your visa has been approved, you will get a text message on when to pick it up"wink

I want to thank members of this forum for their support.

6 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by K21westy: 10:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
lagos or abuja. white or black vo
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 11:20pm On Jun 19, 2015
bigfido:
LOOOL! Nigerians! what on earth is 'he got rejected because of karma or because he helped someone runaway??' and how is breaking immigration rules a criminal offence? have you seen someone go to prison for it before? do you fail exams because you whispered an answer to someone in an exams which therefore made the original answer wrong? our major problem will always be too much religion, illogical rational to solving a problem and finally blaming that problem on abysmal reasoning rather than finding logical and scientifical solutions to a problem. Why not just leave this baseless karma somewhere and tackle the problem gentleiphy is trying to talk about and see what possible solutions so that someone else will not get denied. Even pastors and Imam get denied with travel history and all sorts. the problem he is stating here is ties. what exactly do they mean by sufficient ties that won't get you denial. if you don't know the answer rather than suggest karma, please let someone else that might have an answer say so.
thank you my people

I take that as a joke?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 20, 2015
justwise:

I take that as a joke?
cheesy grin cheesy I take it as ignorance of the law,in Nigeria where I went to uni if you are caught whispering to someone during exams you are failing straight, so he definitely didn't have a point there cheesy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayobj: 1:18am On Jun 20, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

1. He added a person not a member of staff. I suppose he went with letters of employment and what what
2. He lied on an official document and signed off on it
Um...can somebody please help me with the definition of forgery or obtaining by false pretences...
One can also be tried for commitin an offence in another country if same is an offence in Nigeria.
Mr Iphie and cybercafe boy were in the emassy (technically american soil) and finished their misdeeds.
Now even if the above wasn't so, in what pararrel universe is is ok to openly talk about lying?
Ties or no ties, bad vo or no, karma did right this time around.
Well done karma!

Was the cybercafe guy also going for conference as a member of the NGO?
He may very well come back.

USA is not that easy to stowaway and run.
For a young guy.He should attend and come back home,Increases his credibility.

The main guy should reapply.
I have been to all continents excluding oceania.
I have not counted up to 13 countries.
All the best bloke.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:44am On Jun 20, 2015
ayobj:

Was the cybercafe guy also going for conference as a member of the NGO?
He may very well come back.

USA is not that easy to stowaway and run.
For a young guy.He should attend and come back home,Increases his credibility.

The main guy should reapply.
I have been to all continents excluding oceania.
I have not counted up to 13 countries.
All the best bloke.
The main guy added the cyber cafe guy as a staff of the NGO Whilst he isn't. The main guy also said he did it to help the boy and the boy said e no de come back Naija. That is my issue. Helping a person with clear intentions to wrongfully immigrate, plus forgery join. People should not air their dirty linen in publuc and not be called out on it.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by hodusglobal(m): 6:48am On Jun 20, 2015
Good Morning, Nne, you woke up early o, you dey follow we muslims fast? Lolz...The NGO guy didn't know the implication of what he did, because he didn't think his brain twice before he proceeded with the bad job he put his hands into...There's a man i also knew that he's also doing this same rubbish job. This man has Doctorate cert and he's using his own NGO certificate to apply Visas for people through conference. He did it for two friends of mine to get UK conference Visas in few years ago, and one of those guys is still in UK now with 6months Visa since over 2 years the other guy just spent a month in UK because he's a business man that owns big stores that worth more than N20m capital also registered company with CAC. Now, the business man want to travel to UK for vacation and he's now scaring to apply for the Visa, because he didn't have any of the previous Visa documents with him to follow up...He now go and meet the NGO man that he want to renew his Visa and the man is now telling him to go and bring huge amount of N500k...He paid almost N350k for his previous Visa...He took me to this same man last year when i wanted to travel to South Africa for holiday, and this man requires for N120k for SA Visa, i now tell this man the amount is too much for me to pay...I beg him to take N70k, this man shun me out of his office telling me do you think am kind of those agent that will take your money without getting you Visa, this words vex me wey i think say abi make i slap this man wey no get sense, but i no fit beat agbalagba. I later remember that there's website called nairaland which i can easily found people that will put me through. So i later applied for the SA Visa with my bank statement of account, reference letter from my bank including the copy of my registered company cert, intro letter with my company name, yellow cards with some other papers sha, and i got my 3months SA Visa from VFS oregun, Lagos. So many of my friends later come and meet me to do Visas for them, i now tell them i no be traveling agent oooo...make i no go dey take my head carry cause (Epe) ijebu from people.

LadyGuinivere:

The main guy added the cyber cafe guy as a staff of the NGO Whilst he isn't. The main guy also said he did it to help the boy and the boy said e no de come back Naija. That is my issue. Helping a person with clear intentions to wrongfully immigrate, plus forgery join. People should not air their dirty linen in publuc and not be called out on it.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 8:57am On Jun 20, 2015
I no de fast oooo! Hodus but una wen de fast abeg rem Lady G in ur prayers.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by hodusglobal(m): 9:19am On Jun 20, 2015
No wahala, i dey always pray for Naija and the people wey dey live for inside the country wey be Nigerians and Non-Nigerians including the Nigerians wey dey abroad...Ramadan is a month of blessings from the heaven, we shall all receive blessing from Allah throughout this year. Ameen!
LadyGuinivere:
I no de fast oooo! Hodus but una wen de fast abeg rem Lady G in ur prayers.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 10:56am On Jun 20, 2015
I have a very serious concern
My wife lost her baggage with united airline, and all effort to get it prove abortive
Its serious , what do we do ?
She was going to Dayton Ohio, had stop overs at Houston and Washington DC
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 20, 2015
tayoamos:
I have a very serious concern
My wife lost her baggage with united airline, and all effort to get it prove abortive
Its serious , what do we do ?
She was going to Dayton Ohio, had stop overs at Houston and Washington DC
contact the airline.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 11:06am On Jun 20, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

1. He added a person not a member of staff. I suppose he went with letters of employment and what what
2. He lied on an official document and signed off on it

Um...can somebody please help me with the definition of forgery or obtaining by false pretences...
One can also be tried for commitin an offence in another country if same is an offence in Nigeria.
Mr Iphie and cybercafe boy were in the emassy (technically american soil) and finished their misdeeds.
Now even if the above wasn't so, in what pararrel universe is is ok to openly talk about lying?
Ties or no ties, bad vo or no, karma did right this time around.
Well done karma!

He did all that and still have the gut to complain about the refusal.

The VO has played a fast one on him and the cafe boy is likely to be stopped at the POE and questioned about the 'conference', at that point the op will not be there to 'coach' him.

They all forgot that we have VO here and other embassies visit forum like this,

This was VO's reaction the last time somebody made such comment:
VisaOfficer:

The next time you all see a post from someone complaining that the Consular officer "didn't even read my documents!", keep in mind that it might be because we read questions like this one online.... ~sigh~

Going back to my own thread now...

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tellwisdom: 3:01pm On Jun 20, 2015
These embassies are really making money oo. I need to form my own country too angry

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by honeyoluwatoyin: 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
chloe7:
contact the airline.
check online a friend just booked appointment for 24th of June...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
honeyoluwatoyin:
June or July.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bigfido: 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
chloe7:
June or July.

28th of July for Lagos and 13th of August for Abuja. It is summer period so dates are really not so easy to get.. do you guys know if they have started printing Visas now?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bigfido: 4:57pm On Jun 21, 2015
And for those interested, there is a sales closing today or tomorrow, not so sure on Etihad to New york for 189k.. only snag is your bumbum will catch fire in the plane due to the long hours of travel. aproximately a day in the plane!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by gentleiphy: 5:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
honeyoluwatoyin:

I was able to get appointment too for 24th June...was awake till 12.35am to be able to to that..interview 8.30am....decided to reapply based on Chloe7 and ladyGuinivere advise.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bigfido: 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
gentleiphy:

I was able to get appointment too for 24th June...was awake till 12.35am to be able to to that..interview 8.30am....decided to reapply based on Chloe7 and ladyGuinivere advise.

Good gentleiphy, please no more doing illegal things abeg! Nigeria as it is is bad enough, let us try to redeem our image so we could be respected again. i remember at JFK airport in April, the TSA (sic) guys that spoke to my daughter were so happy and gave us several tags on our jacket. i was happy and all these happened after checking our passports. Don't do that illegal stuff again abeg! wish you all the best mate

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by gentleiphy: 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
bigfido:

Good gentleiphy, please no more doing illegal things abeg! Nigeria as it is is bad enough, let us try to redeem our image so we could be respected again. i remember at JFK airport in April, the TSA (sic) guys that spoke to my daughter were so happy and gave us several tags on our jacket. i was happy and all these happened after checking our passports. Don't do that illegal stuff again abeg! wish you all the best mate

Thanks Bigfido...like i said the only reason i reapplied is based on the two good forumites advise...visa interview extract will follow after 24th....lol at illegal things..wont say more.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tolman061(m): 5:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hello house

Good evening to you all...Please i will like to know how long it takes to get passport back from d embassy wen visa has been issued. Or is it possible dey collect my passport down wen dey don't wan to give visa?

I did my interview 2weeks back...Up till now, am unable to get my passport back. Pls wat culd av apened? Av done series of tracking online, all i get is dat my passport is still with US embassy /consulate.

Please advise...Cos i seems nt to understand again. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by joyag(f): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
hello everyone. i have been following this tread for long. i just got a letter of invitation to speak on an edo association convention in the usa cos of my position as the national secretary of another edo association registered in nigeria, i was invited along with my association president.

my problem is my dad is an american citizen who has filled for me as a single. i am supposed to get my visa by 2018 and i dont think i can wait.
i am married wit four kids and my best chance at the embassy is to claim married but my sister (also in the usa) is against it. she wants me to use single for my ds-160 form cos of the application my dad filled for me.

i want to give it my best shot by using married even if it will spoil the other chance if this one dont go through.
pls advice

and also i read somewhere i have to book appointment 2 months to the event with begins sept 4th, how true is this?

pls we got three days hotel reservation cos the event last for three days, is it good enough to say we intent to enter the US that same day?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2015
gentleiphy:

please when did you do this today or yesterday, thing is I sleep early but I will do vigil definitely not today sha, i'm ready to keep awake to get an early appointment, thanks a lot
Re: Usa Visit Visa by gentleiphy: 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
chloe7:
please when did you do this today or yesterday, thing is I sleep early but I will do vigil definitely not today sha, i'm ready to keep awake to get an early appointment, thanks a lot

Chloe7...did that early morning today 12.35am...could only see for 8.30am...usually i dont like early morning rush but i got no choice than to pick it...i believe this slots open up at some point.So keep trying.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by gentleiphy: 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
joyag:
hello everyone. i have been following this tread for long. i just got a letter of invitation to speak on an edo association convention in the usa cos of my position as the national secretary of another edo association registered in nigeria, i was invited along with my association president.

my problem is my dad is an american citizen who has filled for me as a single. i am supposed to get my visa by 2018 and i dont think i can wait.
i am married wit four kids and my best chance at the embassy is to claim married but my sister (also in the usa) is against it. she wants me to
i want to give it my best shot by using married even if it will spoil the other chance if this one dont go through.
pls advice.

and also i read somewhere i have to book appointment 2 months to the event with begins sept 4th, how true is this?

pls we got three days hotel reservation cos the event last for three days, is it good enough to say we intent to enter the US that same day?

Use your present marital status to apply which is married...but what year did your dad file for you as a single
Re: Usa Visit Visa by joyag(f): 5:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
gentleiphy:

Use your present marital status to apply which is married...but what year did your dad file for you as a single

2010 and i got married 2011
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
@Joyag are u married? Yes. So fill the correct data.
Ok lemme ask, if u get the visa in 2018 as a single person, what happens when u wanna file for kids and hubby? Will the data jive?
ALWAYS state the truth to avoid stories that touch!
@Chloe hope de o! Na nite vigil thingz!

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
@Joyag are u married? Yes. So fill the correct data.
Ok lemme ask, if u get the visa in 2018 as a single person, what happens when u wanna file for kids and hubby? Will the data jive?
ALWAYS state the truth to avoid stories that touch!
@Chloe hope de o! Na nite vigil thingz!
as in, na to do night vigil o, if I tell you the time I dey sleep now adays you will laugh at me, I dey sleep 7.30pm sometimes 6.30pm sef, I don tire, but na tomorrow I go start my night vigil no be today because it's almost bed time :d

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.