Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060430 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Cmeo(m): 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
For those interested, I just booked Arikair to New York (JFK) at 203k per head departing October 14 . Anyone can still try his/her luck. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Fyorgyn: 8:09pm On Sep 20, 2015
thegreengooner:
Please I am a silent follower of this thread.

I don't talk while reading, I only type replies. grin

Happy Sunday guys

Hahaha...

Happy Sunday to you too

smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Fyorgyn: 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
Cmeo:
For those interested, I just booked Arikair to New York (JFK) at 203k per head departing October 14 . Anyone can still try his/her luck. Best of luck

Wow... 203k... That's interesting.

Husband and I got BA to Philadelphia for about 290k each...flights are quite expensive.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by brilantio: 6:09am On Sep 21, 2015
Urgent please. If we're going as a family, how do we ensure we go together to meet the same Vo. We already booked a group appointment and said we are going as a group in the ds160 form.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 21, 2015
Alubosa:
House please, does anyone have an idea on how safe Denver (Colorado) is for blacks. I know blacks mostly stay in FL, TX, NYC, NJ, GA, LA and DC

... There are black Americans, immigrants, and tourists in all 50 US states. There are no states that are inherently more unsafe for certain races or ethnic groups, but you should be mindful of your surroundings and environment wherever you go. That being said, Denver is a fairly safe city. Like anywhere else in the world there are dangerous parts of the city, but on average it has a lower crime rate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Alubosa: 7:29am On Sep 21, 2015
LagosNIV:

... There are black Americans, immigrants, and tourists in all 50 US states. There are no states that are inherently more unsafe for certain races or ethnic groups, but you should be mindful of your surroundings and environment wherever you go. That being said, Denver is a fairly safe city. Like anywhere else in the world there are dangerous parts of the city, but on average it has a lower crime rate.

Thanks @LagosNIV. I'll be there for about 4-5months with my family. A friend in Atlanta told me its predominantly a no-go-area for colored skin folks.One can't be too careful. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 10:08am On Sep 21, 2015
Alubosa:

Thanks @LagosNIV. I'll be there for about 4-5months with my family. A friend in Atlanta told me its predominantly a no-go-area for colored skin folks.One can't be too careful. Thanks

Denver is very safe....I've been in Colorado several times and there is an active Nigerian community in Aurora.

Please pay no attention to your friend. Colorado is one of the most liberal states to visit.

While you're there try to visit the Red Rocks Amphitheater and the Broncos stadium. Also, look out for the cash register building in the skyline...you can't miss it.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Alubosa: 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
thegreengooner:

Denver is very safe....I've been in Colorado several times and there is an active Nigerian community in Aurora.

Please pay no attention to your friend. Colorado is one of the most liberal states to visit.

While you're there try to visit the Red Rocks Amphitheater and the Broncos stadium. Also, look out for the cash register building in the skyline...you can't miss it.

grin grin grin

Thanks boss

We'll actually be staying around Parker/Aurora axis. Just booked an apartment via airbnb.com
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
Alubosa:

grin grin grin

Thanks boss

We'll actually be staying around Parker/Aurora axis. Just booked an apartment via airbnb.com

That's cool...I have a friend that owns a condo in Parker...not bad...

Look out for 16th Street mall...it's a fun place to shop in the centre of Denver but be careful on Colfax...that's all I'm saying.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Read 20-30 pages back. You'l see several answers to your question.
Goodluck

Please which salary is acceptable to present to the consular ?OR how much should one have in his account to go for holiday? Is a 200k before tax ok? or 100k take home? Please advice, your response will be much appreciated.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Alubosa: 7:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
thegreengooner:

That's cool...I have a friend that owns a condo in Parker...not bad...

Look out for 16th Street mall...it's a fun place to shop in the centre of Denver but be careful on Colfax...that's all I'm saying.

Kk baba! But my fear is, as a Lagos boy that was brought up in " Isale Eko" ion get comfortable wherever I perceive d smell of marijuana (IGBO) And marijuana is legalised in d state of Colorado. This is not my 1st time in d State tho' but my wife, my 3yrs old son and my 1yr+2mths baby girl will be going with me. But no P. sha! I garrit under control. THANKS BABA 4 D HEAD-UPS. Wa gbayi!!!

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by hoomogh(m): 12:20am On Sep 22, 2015
Today @ d embassy was stressful, @ first, but I give God the glory...It's not by power, nor by might. The elderly ones were. Receiving visa like a dash, but for we the young bloods, it was like, Heaven or hell...... Blue papers filled the air as young applicants were leaving wt deir passports with them. Many thanks to everyone here, My main man, Justwise, your posts on several threads,did a lot for me. Lady G, I zoom you with 5D... Will share my transcript tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:54am On Sep 22, 2015
hoomogh:
Today @ d embassy was stressful, @ first, but I give God the glory...It's not by power, nor by might. The elderly ones were. Receiving visa like a dash, but for we the young bloods, it was like, Heaven or hell...... Blue papers filled the air as young applicants were leaving wt deir passports with them. Many thanks to everyone here, My main man, Justwise, your posts on several threads,did a lot for me. Lady G, I zoom you with 5D... Will share my transcript tomorrow.

If I beat u ehhh! cheesy
Pls shareeeeeeee!
I'm dreaming of puff puff with lipton!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ohenebakwakye: 10:57am On Sep 22, 2015
good job guys pls have been a silent reader here but pls i need help urgently my friend in the states wants to send me an invitation for Xmas but pls she doesnt know the procedure and the documents to start with pls guys if u have a fair knowledge about it pls help
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
Ohenebakwakye:
good job guys pls have been a silent reader here but pls i need help urgently my friend in the states wants to send me an invitation for Xmas but pls she doesnt know the procedure and the documents to start with pls guys if u have a fair knowledge about it pls help
ON behalf of the forumites I thankee thee. I also beg thee to read the last 2 pagesf this thread (for starters) You will be guided apprioprately
Re: Usa Visit Visa by hajj123(m): 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hi LadyGuinivere,Pls Yellow fever vaccine and what type other of vaccines shot will my US fiancee take before coming to Nigeria for visit?thanks Hope to hear from u soon.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jennytbell: 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2015
Good day House,

Please I need an input from the house guru. These are my questions and situation.

I am a 27years single lady working with a bank. I applied for US visa in june this year and I was refused. I wanted to go for vacation and I have being working with my present employer for the past 4years and my annual take home pay is 2.5million. Though on my application form I filled 129000 which is what is paid to me on a monthly basis while I received the balance on yearly and quarterly basis.
At my interview the Vo asked me the following question

Vo: what do you do
Me. I work with bank xyz
Vo: what is your job about
Me: I do..........
Vo: how much is your monthly income
Me: 129000 but I received.......on a quarterly basis.(i didn't mention that I receive yearly allowance)
Vo: Are you married
Me: No
Vo: Where are you going in US
Me: To New York
Vo: Do you know anyone dear
Me: I said No
Vo: Have you travel out of Nigeria before
Me: No, Never had the opportunity.
Vo: where do you live
Me: surulere, Lagos
Vo: with who
Me: my brother

Then he next thing he said sorry I can not issue you the Visa.

Please I want to know where I have not responded well and also if there is anything I could have said because I wish to reply later in December as I want to travel with my colleagues in the office as they are planning group tour for next year February and also I just came back from UK this month.

I will appreciate your kind response.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
hajj123:
Hi LadyGuinivere,Pls Yellow fever vaccine and what type other of vaccines shot will my US fiancee take before coming to Nigeria for visit?thanks Hope to hear from u soon.

Malaria-its deadly if u haven't been exposed too it before
Meningitis-though the heat aint too bad
And most imp vaccine against kidnappers cheesy

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2015
[quote author=jennytbell post=38271502]Good day House,

Please I need an input from the house guru. These are my questions and situation.

I am a 27years single lady working with a bank. I applied for US visa in june this year and I was refused. I wanted to go for vacation and I have being working with my present employer for the past 4years and my annual take home pay is 2.5million. Though on my application form I filled 129000 which is what is paid to me on a monthly basis while I received the balance on yearly and quarterly basis.
At my interview the Vo asked me the following question

Vo: what do you do
Me. I work with bank xyz
Vo: what is your job about
Me: I do..........
Vo: how much is your monthly income
Me: 129000 but I received.......on a quarterly basis.(i didn't mention that I receive yearly allowance)

Work and improve on the below

Re: Usa Visit Visa by hajj123(m): 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2015
thanks is that all she will need?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mama777(f): 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2015
i thank evry body in this forum for there contributions.i have been a silent reader of this forum.my interview date was on 21st by 8am.this ws how our interview went.me and my husband

me-good morning(me and husby)
vo-good morning
vo- can i hv ur passport
me-yes(husby handed our passport to him)
vo-where are u going to
me-richmond houston texas
vo-what is ur reason for travelling
me-my cousin graduation ceremony and vacation
vo-what school did she gradute from
me-new york university
vo-whats the venue of the graduation
me-houston
vo-are u sure of what u r saying
me-( started stammering cos i was confuse but vo officer was pattient wit me)my husby nw told him that though she graduated frm new york university but the family is celebrating the ceremony in houston
vo-what do u do for a living(to my husby)
me-my husby told him that he his a business man tha deal on .......
vo- (to me) wat do u do
me-am into business of......
vo-ma how much do u earn
me-after tax i earn 180k
my husby-400k
vo-sir how many employee do u hv
my huby-2 staffs and 3 casual staff
vo-sir u make such money and u hv travelled out
my husby-i make my orders thru online
vo- do hv kids
me and husby replied together-yes two lovely kids,a boy and a girl
vo-why are u nt travelling wit them
me-school just resumed
vo-(seriously typing)congratulations ur visa hv been approved.

note-no document was checked.u hv to be urself and be confident.most importantly God is able to do all things,just be prayerful.my first attempt to travel out and i conquered.the vo officer is a total gentleman,may God bless him.

10 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
@Jennytell the issues Allen highlighted are true.they interpret such as no home ties.
You have gotten a tad bit of travel history. U could try again...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 22, 2015
Must one be married to get visa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jennytbell: 10:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
@Jennytell the issues Allen highlighted are true.they interpret such as no home ties.
You have gotten a tad bit of travel history. U could try again...

Ok thank you but don't the VO knows that getting married now is as hard as eaten stone grin. In fact getting husband is harder than lagos traffic these days.lol

On a more serious note does living with my brother that bad because I felt if I am to be living is alone will be seeing as not have a social tie to my home country?

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by aaamorg(m): 10:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
sexydivaomalich:
@visaofficer
pls I have already got my Sa Visa bought my ticket too. pls I'm confused as to making hotel reservation and cos someone told me I have to pay cash as I could be disallowed at the point of entry if I did not pay for the hotel reservation in Sa. pls do advice me. thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by hoomogh(m): 11:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
mama777:
i thank evry body in this forum for there contributions.i have been a silent reader of this forum.my interview date was on 21st by 8am.this ws how our interview went.me and my husband

me-good morning(me and husby)
vo-good morning
vo- can i hv ur passport
me-yes(husby handed our passport to him)
vo-where are u going to
me-richmond houston texas
vo-what is ur reason for travelling
me-my cousin graduation ceremony and vacation
vo-what school did she gradute from
me-new york university
vo-whats the venue of the graduation
me-houston
vo-are u sure of what u r saying
me-( started stammering cos i was confuse but vo officer was pattient wit me)my husby nw told him that though she graduated frm new york university but the family is celebrating the ceremony in houston
vo-what do u do for a living(to my husby)
me-my husby told him that he his a business man tha deal on .......
vo- (to me) wat do u do
me-am into business of......
vo-ma how much do u earn
me-after tax i earn 180k
my husby-400k
vo-sir how many employee do u hv
my huby-2 staffs and 3 casual staff
vo-sir u make such money and u hv travelled out
my husby-i make my orders thru online
vo- do hv kids
me and husby replied together-yes two lovely kids,a boy and a girl
vo-why are u nt travelling wit them
me-school just resumed
vo-(seriously typing)congratulations ur visa hv been approved.

note-no document was checked.u hv to be urself and be confident.most importantly God is able to do all things,just be prayerful.my first attempt to travel out and i conquered.the vo officer is a total gentleman,may God bless him.
congrats! Mine was for 7:30 appt, those male Visa Officers seem calm and have good communication. I couldn't laugh seeing one female VO denying a group of applicants and laughing with them. (my mind was like see dis oyibo oo, u no gree give visa, yet u no discharge dem immediately, lol. Serious drama in dat room on monday.

5 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:51am On Sep 23, 2015
jennytbell:

Ok thank you but don't the VO knows that getting married now is as hard as eaten stone grin. In fact getting husband is harder than lagos traffic these days.lol

On a more serious note does living with my brother that bad because I felt if I am to be living is alone will be seeing as not have a social tie to my home country?
I get brother for Alaba wen de find good wife ! But u sef as banker bigger babe go gree? Lol
Anyways IMO, living alone shows u r self sufficienf and independent.
And single babes get visa all the time
Re: Usa Visit Visa by donnecodon: 5:38am On Sep 23, 2015
i got my visa approval yesterday with white paper, but no collection stub number was giving to me. pls house i need ur advice

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 23, 2015
donnecodon:
i got my visa approval yesterday with white paper, but no collection stub number was giving to me. pls house i need ur advice

The white paper is what you use to collect your visa... On the day you were told to go there, at the location you were told to go to.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by hopybarbar: 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2015
Good day everyone, its being so nice going through this as i plan on applying for US tourist/visiting visa soon.
i am presently studying in europe(masters) but i intend applying for my visa in Nigeria..... already scheduled an appointment.
the person inviting would also be the one to fund the traveling expenses.
please everyone what are the other supporting document required of me to take along with me and what are the likely question to be expecting
please kindly assist with you positive responses.
thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.