Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060649 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by jennytbell: 3:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

What's with all this 'adjust' salary question today. If ur salary is 129k it is 129k. Meanwhile u work in a bank and the salaries are fixed. ET, EA, SEA, ABO, BO etc. It is judicially noted banks pay upfront (for the ones that still do), leave allowy, profit sharing, and 13th mnth. So how do uu intend to 'adjust ' your salary? By fake promoting yourself or adding one of the above allowances to your salary? Or claiming your leave allowance as your salary.
Dnt forget these VOs did not droop from the sky. They are aware of certain trends and work traditions. Even me wen no be vo, if I compare your old form and the recent one will easily deduce you are lying
Plz be guided. U are threading the path of denial and sure ban.
Also plz take note of this rule

9. Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g scamming, copyright infringment, hacking, gay meetings, and incitement.
Ok ma. I am having any intention to lie and I am only asking if it's allowed. Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
jennytbell:
Ok ma. I am having any intention to lie and I am only asking if it's allowed. Thank you
If its allowed to lie?
Ok !No ma! It is not allowed undecided
On the e-signature page on the DS160 it is stated in plain english that any false infrmation is considered misrepresentation and the consequence is also stated therein ,and I put to you that you are well aware of it but u believe that hiding under a moniker on NL gives u the right to seek for ...(Insert apprioprate word here) advice
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Adecephas(m): 4:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=38330760]
Make I use corner eye believe u. cheesy
I'm pretty jobless today.
The wife has a thingie she's invited for. She's prolly going to stay at a hotel. Husband wants too accompany her.
Wife: reason for visit. I was invited to bla. Bla bla and I also intend to use that opportunity to vacation with my husband
Husband: reason for travel. Family vacation with wife. They book the same date. Get interviewed together. He boooks the hotel with madam
Darris my opinion

Thank you so much...I was on this thread almost all through the night and I kept looking out for ur rich&informative comments...I'll be back to give you the outcome of this and your 250k request but I doubt if such fare is available...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Chaieeeee, @thegreengoner sorry o Gooner cheesy even on sallah Day u still harsh like this? Lolz

Fredricko happy sallah o!

wiarris the RAM?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2015
fredoricko:

wiarris the RAM?
Show for house na! E de wait for u. I kept the head specially for u grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cozybunch: 6:12pm On Sep 24, 2015
jennytbell:
DearCosybunch, please can I adjust my salary in my next application or I should just leave it at 129k even my leave allowance is higher than what I take home monthly? Thank you

@jennytbell, any type of alteration that is falsify is misrepresentation. You need to state clearly

1. Monthly salary
2. Allowance (quarterly, bimonthly or how you earn them)
3. Any other type of income you earn.
4. Show the total figure. It shows you are worth such figure annually.

Please note profit sharing is not considered as income, it is an investment. You don't need to include those.

If have any other meanfull information or document that can help prove you are a legitimate traveler, take it along.

The whole idea is for you to prove your legitimacy or your credibility. That burden is solely on you.

Good Luck.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cozybunch: 6:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
yetiebaby:
Had my interview today at the USA embassy in Lagos
Transcript;
VO: what's the purpose of your visit ?
Me: vacation as a tourist
V.O: what do you do
Me: I'm a customer care officer wit *** bank
VO:how much is your monthly take home ?
Me: 220,500k
VO: Are you married:yes
VO Will you be traveling alone
Me : yes
VO:Who will is sponsoring you?
Me : myself
VO: Where in USA are you going
Me: California
VO:Have you travelled before?
Me:yes ; I've been to uk and Dubai
VO: ok! Your visa has been approved, you can pick it up at the circulated Dhl branch By nextweek
Me : thank you
I'm not lucky I'm blessed. The interview was fast and specific , no document checked. Thanks to all the gurus in the house for all the tips on how to answer questions and all. I wish you all the best
Thanks to Nanaf, @ladyGuinivere and @cozybunch

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Fyorgyn: 7:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
Adecephas:

The friend I'm referring to is my friend's wife.

@Adecephas... My case is similar to your friend's. I am being sponsored to go for a conference in the US and my husband is going with me. We were interviewed together and our visas approved- I shared my transcript last week. I think it's OK for a husband to go with his wife...if they can both show they have ties here. It may help if they've travelled out of Nigeria together before.

It's the same way we got our UK visas. I was invited to speak at an event and he came along- I asked the organizers for a letter inviting him as a guest and we attached it to our UK application. I did the same for the US visa application and was given an invitation letter for him but, as is mostly the case, no document was checked.

Hope this helps
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jennytbell: 8:21pm On Sep 24, 2015
cozybunch:

@jennytbell, any type of alteration that is falsify is misrepresentation. You need to state clearly

1. Monthly salary

Please note profit sharing is not considered as income, it is an investment. You don't need to include those.

If have any other meanfull information or document that can help prove you are a legitimate traveler, take it along.

The whole idea is for you to prove your legitimacy or your credibility. That burden is solely on you.

Good Luck.
Thanks but there is no portion in the form where you can explain that you earn more than your monthly income. Also I have some fund as fund in fixed deposit investment that yield interest on a monthly basis
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Fyorgyn: 8:47pm On Sep 24, 2015
jennytbell:
DearCosybunch, please can I adjust my salary in my next application or I should just leave it at 129k even my leave allowance is higher than what I take home monthly? Thank you

AbujaNiv has addressed the issue of upfront allowances etc.

abujaniv:
Hello all!
It is very common for people to advise Officers that they have a base salary and get allowances or bonuses at various times. A good rule of thumb is to state the salary that you feel best reflects your income, both on the DS-160 and in your interview.

What I do is to get my total annual income (including upfronts) and divide by 12 to get my average monthly income. It has always worked for me.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooloriredade: 9:38pm On Sep 24, 2015
Cozybunch, what do you think about the transcript below?

Omooloriredade:
7:00am appointment....Lagos consulate

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Your passport please
Me: Passed my passport to him
VO: Left fingers on biometric machine to confirm your biometric please
Me: Complied
VO: Where are you going?
Me: Staten Island, New York.
VO: Purpose?
Me: Vacation.
VO: Where would you like to visit in New York?
Me: Stature of liberty, empire state building, Wall street and I heard there is a famous Richmond historic town even in Staten Island.
VO: What industry do you work?
Me: Telecommunication
VO: Company?
Me: Told him
VO: What's your job function?
Me: Explained to him.
VO: Do you actually handle installations?
Me: No, we use subcontractors for installation while I handle commissioning and acceptance testing with the customer
(Any time he asks a question, he goes back to typing while I answer his questions).
VO: How long do you plan to stay?
Me: 2 weeks
VO: Why New York?
Me: Because it has a lot of tourist attractions
VO: I am sorry, you do not qualify for the type of visa you are applying for at this time. You are welcome to reapply. I going to give you a form which explains in detail.
Me: Thank you.

The VO was a gentle man nonetheless. I like his disposition, infact at some point, I thought to myself......this guy will approve my visa cheesy cheesy
No issues, I intend to reapply in 3 months time. probably start another application in October and schedule an appointment to coincide with my 3mths visa denial anniversary. Meanwhile, I have continued with real life cheesy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:51pm On Sep 24, 2015
@Omooloriredade

Frankly I'm indifferent dear.
For the person that wants to 'adjust salary' I owe no apology
For adecephas we smiled it out and moved on.
If I come off as being priveleged, hm! I joke most times BUT I never compromise with the truth and half measures. And will never do.
So if its holier than thou to u, issorai by me.
That's my piece
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooloriredade: 9:59pm On Sep 24, 2015
jennytbell:

Thanks but there is no portion in the form where you can explain that you earn more than your monthly income. Also I have some fund as fund in fixed deposit investment that yield interest on a monthly basis

Don't be too fixated on your 129k salary. It's not enough reason for you to be denied Visa. We have read transcripts of people who don't earn fantastic salaries and got their application approved. We have also read transcripts of Forbes nominees who were bounced. Build ties that will convince you and most importantly the VO that your intention is not to emigrate illegally. Work on other aspects like your travel history.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooloriredade: 10:03pm On Sep 24, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
@Omooloriredade

Frankly I'm indifferent dear.
For the person that wants to 'adjust salary' I owe no apology
For adecephas we smiled it out and moved on.
If I come off as being priveleged, hm! I joke most times BUT I never compromise with the truth and half measures. And will never do.
So if its holier than thou to u, issorai by me.
That's my piece

I trust you to give it a name just to crucify the person.....like giving a dog a bad name just to hang it. cheesy cheesy But it's obvious the intention of the poster is not to mislead but to give a true status of his/her income. However, an appropriate response has been given by another moniker. So it's okay.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooloriredade: 10:07pm On Sep 24, 2015
Mr Justwise, did I fail to observe any of the rules on Nairaland?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 10:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
Omooloriredade:

I trust you to give it a name just to crucify the person.....like giving a dog a bad name just to hang it. cheesy cheesy But it's obvious the intention of the poster is not to mislead but to give a true status of his/her income. However, an appropriate response has been given by another moniker. So it's okay.

How do you adjust your own salary as an employee?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 10:14pm On Sep 24, 2015
Omooloriredade:
Mr Justwise, did I fail to observe any of the rules on Nairaland?

Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 10:21pm On Sep 24, 2015
Omooloriredade:

I actually appreciate this discourse. Like the poster herself responded, there is just provision for monthly income. Which was why I stated it. Bankers receive other allowances. Will it be classified as mnthly income? I think not. I also worked as a banker and got my visa as a banker. My salary was roughly that 120k then (EA) Did I 'adjust' it? No.
But when people get fixated on an idea, it sounds like wickedness when the truth is blunt.
I sincerely wish for all HONEST applicants to get their vacay visa but I also believe research goes a long way . (I am a sustitute teacher) and I have seen it works
Sentiments takes nobody far...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooloriredade: 10:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
justwise:

How do you adjust your own salary as an employee?

It was the wrong expression to use by the poster. Cozybunch understood this and gave the appropriate response. We all know that some organizations pay certain lump sums upfront as well as allowances which when considered reflects the economic situation of the applicant. However, you only have a portion to fill your net income. Applicants who so desire, can come with other documents, payslips, statements, offer letters, investment advice (like statement) that capture these incomes. The fact that VOs seldom check docs is another topic entirely.

Do not latch on to a sentence or word and respond to a post. Read and try as much as possible to understand the poster before you respond. He/she might just be innocent. Most are just confused and seeking guidance. Do not see it as an opportunity to torn them to shreds. Respect the vulnerable in the society cheesy cheesy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooloriredade: 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
justwise:

Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

For reasons best know to you, you considered my post as deliberately insultive/provocative and deleted it. May God help you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NanaF: 10:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
Still on salary issue, my annual salary on my pay slip includes my leave allowance+upfront+13th month. I divided by 12, deducted estimated tax and arrived at my monthly take home which I filled. I also got a letter from my company which stated my my total cost to the company but this, of course, wasn't looked at.

Jennytbell used the wrong expression but I think Omooloriredade summarized it nicely.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 10:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
Omooloriredade:

For reasons best know to you, you considered my post as deliberately insultive/provocative and deleted it. May God help you.
To show that I act in good faith. I agree that my comments are sometimes snide and ascerbic. And it is meant to drive home certain points. I will tone it down BUT NEVER for people seeking illegal advice. Mm mmh! Mba kwa!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooloriredade: 10:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I actually appreciate this discourse. Like the poster herself responded, there is just provision for monthly income. Which was why I stated it. Bankers receive other allowances. Will it be classified as mnthly income? I think not. I also worked as a banker and got my visa as a banker. My salary was roughly that 120k then (EA) Did I 'adjust' it? No.
But when people get fixated on an idea, it sounds like wickedness when the truth is blunt.
I sincerely wish for all HONEST applicants to get their vacay visa but I also believe research goes a long way . (I am a sustitute teacher) and I have seen it works
Sentiments takes nobody far...

You have not seen people asking obvious questions out of pure confusion? These types of questions are understandably different from the google-friendly questions (I support your google crusade cheesy )
One answer does not fit all because some are truly innocent but sincerely ignorant. I am not attacking you my dear. I just couldn't overlook it this time. No vex.

Before, Mr Justwise will say I am guilty of spamming the thread......make I go sleep.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 10:37pm On Sep 24, 2015
Omooloriredade:

It was the wrong expression to use by the poster. Cozybunch understood this and gave the appropriate response. We all know that some organizations pay certain lump sums upfront as well as allowances which when considered reflects the economic situation of the applicant. However, you only have a portion to fill your net income. Applicants who so desire, can come with other documents, payslips, statements, offer letters, investment advice (like statement) that capture these incomes. The fact that VOs seldom check docs is another topic entirely.

Do not latch on to a sentence or word and respond to a post. Read and try as much as possible to understand the poster before you respond. He/she might just be innocent. Most are just confused and seeking guidance. Do not see it as an opportunity to torn them to shreds. Respect the vulnerable in the society cheesy cheesy

cozybunch:

1. Monthly salary
Good Luck.

Keep that preaching to yourself and call a spade a spade. cozybunch and LadyGuinivere are basically stating the same fact and there is no point trying to pick a fight with LadyGuinivere.

You have problem with LadyGuinivere giving her view here without massaging the truth and you are looking for any little means to pick on her and that was why i removed your post

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 10:42pm On Sep 24, 2015
NanaF:
Still on salary issue, my annual salary on my pay slip includes my leave allowance+upfront+13th month. I divided by 12, deducted estimated tax and arrived at my monthly take home which I filled. I also got a letter from my company which stated my my total cost to the company but this, of course, wasn't looked at.

Jennytbell used the wrong expression but I think Omooloriredade summarized it nicely.

Your leave allowance is not part of your monthly salary, your monthly salary is fixed and should be stated as its. If you are paid 1 naira monthly then that is your salary.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 10:47pm On Sep 24, 2015
Omooloriredade:

You have not seen people asking obvious questions out of pure confusion? These types of questions are understandably different from the google-friendly questions (I support your google crusade cheesy )
One answer does not fit all because some are truly innocent but sincerely ignorant. I am not attacking you my dear. I just couldn't overlook it this time. No vex.

Before, Mr Justwise will say I am guilty of spamming the thread......make I go sleep.

You probably have another ID here
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NanaF: 10:49pm On Sep 24, 2015
justwise:

Your leave allowance is not part of your monthly salary, your monthly salary is fixed and should be stated as its. If you are paid 1 naira monthly then that is your salary.

I get an upfront of say N3m and then earn maybe 180k for the rest of the year (except months of leave allowance and 13th month). 180k per month as a monthly income is not a true representation of my income, I'm sure you'll agree with me.

My leave allowance is part of my annual salary of let's say N5m, same as my 13th month. It's stated on my offer letter. The true representation of my monthly income is to divide my net annual salary (after tax) by 12. I can choose to get my leave allowance at any month in the year. If I leave my company abruptly, I will have to refund that money to them.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 10:53pm On Sep 24, 2015
NanaF:

I get an upfront of say N3m and then earn maybe 180k for the rest of the year (except months of leave allowance and 13th month). 180k per month as a monthly income is not a true representation of my income, I'm sure you'll agree with me.

My leave allowance is part of my annual salary of let's say N5m, same as my 13th month. It's stated on my offer letter. The true representation of my monthly income is to divide my net annual salary (after tax) by 12. I can choose to get my leave allowance at any month in the year. If I leave my company abruptly, I will have to refund that money to them.

What is that for?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NanaF: 10:56pm On Sep 24, 2015
justwise:

What is that for?

That's about 6 months salary paid in advance, in January
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 11:04pm On Sep 24, 2015
justwise:

What is that for?
For bankers its housing allowance
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 11:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
NanaF:

NanaF:

That's about 6 months salary paid in advance in January

You need to be specific with your figures, if you are paid N3m 6months salary in advance then call it 6months and not about 6 months

If you get paid 180k monthly then that its 180k monthly and not maybe 180k, how do you expect the VO to believe you when you are not specific with your salary?

State clearly how much you get paid as stated in your payslip then explain any other additional income that adds up to your annual income

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.