Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. (77121 Views)

Traders At Alaba Rago Market Cleaning Up After Closure (Pictures) / Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) / Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by majamajic(m): 10:09am On Sep 04, 2020
Resemblance246:

No body is saying they should not buy their sub standard chinko but why are they dumping them in Lagos what is wrong with the eastern port? They should just give chance for the manufacturing companies to import and export real goods for us to have fresh air.

So in Ogun , Osun or ekiti no substandard goods there ?

Let me tell u one thing about lagos , Lagos has a large population , most of them are poor , feeding from hands to mouths , they patronize substandard goods cos it's cheap that's why importers do order for it, in Abuja the importation standard is a bit high cos of demand and less in population , just know that u can't live alone , we have yorubas.in the east, alot them and they are all doing well, infact cos of Nysc programs I do have them as tenants in my village

Go anywhere in onitsha ask of sikiru , he is more popular in onitsha than the igbos , he has brought lots of Yoruba guys in onitsha , his dad owns a building in onitsha , I have known him for over 30 yrs now , he is into tailoring , I know that I can use 4 yrds but he always demand I buy 5 yrds from me , he has 4 stories building in onitsha and lands in 33 ( no one scammed him ), a lot of them , tunde, muminu , u need to travel round , yorubas are traveling too like igbos, they are everywhere too

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ikakahu(m): 10:19am On Sep 04, 2020
Let us not be distracted.What this topic should focus on is the fraudulent transactions that happen on daily basis at Alaba International Market.People should outline their ill-experience in the hands of some of these fraudsters that call themselves traders.If any body has the contacts of any of the task force member or market executive or knows any of their online platform,let it be made known here so that probably we can push our protest directly to them.They should sit up and send to exile or penalize all these fraudsters.I have my evidence and ready to face them anyday anytime.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Resemblance246: 10:46am On Sep 04, 2020
majamajic:

So in Ogun , Osun or ekiti no substandard goods there ?

Let me tell u one thing about lagos , Lagos has a large population , most of them are poor , feeding from hands to mouths , they patronize substandard goods cos it's cheap that's why importers do order for it, in Abuja the importation standard is a bit high cos of demand and less in population , just know that u can't live alone , we have yorubas.in the east, alot them and they are all doing well, infact cos of Nysc programs I do have them as tenants in my village

Go anywhere in onitsha ask of sikiru , he is more popular in onitsha than the igbos , he has brought lots of Yoruba guys in onitsha , his dad owns a building in onitsha , I have known him for over 30 yrs now , he is into tailoring , I know that I can use 4 yrds but he always demand I buy 5 yrds from me , he has 4 stories building in onitsha and lands in 33 ( no one scammed him ), a lot of them , tunde, muminu , u need to travel round , yorubas are traveling too like igbos, they are everywhere too

Importers do not ordered substandard goods because the poor can not afford it. They are importing those goods for their own selfishness while the less previledge are their most target to fall victim.

And secondly why do you keep shifting attention to sikiru, kayode bla bla bla doing tailoring job in the East. My brother was once. in calaber as a civil servant for close to 10 years before he was transferred back to Lagos. I don't why a Yoruba man will leave the whole south west and be doing tailoring job on the East is condition needs questioning.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by majamajic(m): 11:05am On Sep 04, 2020
Resemblance246:

Importers do not ordered substandard goods because the poor can not afford it. They are importing those goods for their own selfishness while the less previledge are their most target to fall victim.

And secondly why do you keep shifting attention to sikiru, kayode bla bla bla doing tailoring job in the East. My brother was once. in calaber as a civil servant for close to 10 years before he was transferred back to Lagos. I don't why a Yoruba man will leave the whole south west and be doing tailoring job on the East is condition needs questioning.

There are civil servants too , but they make their money mostly in tailoring materials , go inside main market onitsha u see them too , in one market in onitsha , there is a market for herbalists , witchcrafts they are there too , u need be going round oo, I have moved around the world and Nigeria , yorubas are everywhere , legal and illegal , go enugu they are into ATM card stuffs , in my village they are into floor tilling of new buildings and house constructions , bore hole drilling
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Resemblance246: 11:11am On Sep 04, 2020
majamajic:

There are civil servants too , but they make their money mostly in tailoring materials , go inside main market onitsha u see them too , in one market in onitsha , there is a market for herbalists , witchcrafts they are there too , u need be going round oo, I have moved around the world and Nigeria , yorubas are everywhere , legal and illegal , go enugu they are into ATM card stuffs , in my village they are into floor tilling of new buildings and house constructions , bore hole drilling

Don't get it twisted I can simply say there are no Yorubas in the East because they are not much. There are Igbo herbalist too not in Lagos this time but in Ogun, oyo, etc Igbo tailor, Igbo food seller garri, beans etc. The point I'm making is all substandard goods been imported from China should be baned full stop.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by majamajic(m): 11:24am On Sep 04, 2020
Resemblance246:

Don't get it twisted I can simply say there are no Yorubas in the East because they are not much. There are Igbo herbalist too not in Lagos this time but in Ogun, oyo, etc Igbo tailor, Igbo food seller garri, beans etc. The point I'm making is all substandard goods been imported from China should be baned full stop.

We have SON , that controls that at seaport , like am telling u too , those goods are not imported by igbos alone or in lagos alone , go port Harcourt there's substandard goods too , go Kano it's there , Nigeria never reach to ban totally substandard goods , it must still make it's way into the market, cos the masses are buying it they mostly can't afford standard products , if am importer of sub standard products if no one patronize me I won't buy it again , most Lagosians like to buy substandard products frequently than buy original something that will last for them

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
ikakahu:
I called the number and had some conversation with the said man because this is annoying and it must stop.He is willing to dialogue with you.Try to call him.He said he does not have your number.Kindly call him and let us know the outcome.As for the man that swapped tested ok TV for a dead monitor for me,I called him this morning and his number went through after months of being switched off.That one is claiming that he has forgotten that I should come with the TV.Then later he said I am disturbing him,that I should do my worst.
thanks very much Sir and to everyone who called BEN on my behalf. Issue has been settled amicably. I added 10k. Totalling 35k and the SAMSUNG DVD PLAYER i negotiated with was given to me.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ikakahu(m): 3:56pm On Sep 04, 2020
mabeni:
thanks very much Sir and to everyone who called BEN on my behalf. Issue has been settled amicably. I added 10k. Totalling 35k and the SAMSUNG DVD PLAYER i negotiated with was given to me.
Thanks

It is good to know that everything has been settled but the management of this market and their so called task force need to put an end to all these.You don t coerce people to buy things or force a ware on someone simply because it was under priced.Bargain and negotiation would nt have been added in oxford dictionary if they are not in existence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 04, 2020
yemmywesey:
Nah Dem Dem, Biafra republic, always dubious in everything. Hausa man will never do that to anytribe in Nigeria, rather he will refund your money.
My advice for you, go to the military cantonment and meet the commander to give you 10 Fulani, hausa, tapa, tiv soldiers and storm that plaza.
Arrest that shop owner.
Say what you know, thats a lie i have been decieved by a hausa man where i did my nysc.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by RTSC: 5:21pm On Sep 04, 2020
MrHighSea:
If I do fairly used, I know i'm just gambling.

But if i greet you for your shop and i hear igbo intonation, I'm gone.

Majority are criminals.
Then you are not ready to buy.

Igbos dominate the electronic market both new and fairly used.

Unless you are talking about buying from an igbo that does not have igbo accent.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by adanny01(m): 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2020
NnamdiN:
next time in alaba, do not listen to anyone standing by the roadside. Theyre all hustlers without shops.
Enter inside the market and even at that, do not pay until they've packaged and tested everything you asked for.
Also try to have someone in any market you're unfamiliar with. I cannot for any reason, go to any market in lagos without contacting someone who's on ground there and familiar with the environment.
You were greedy, which samsung home theater will you get for 25k? Even if na 10th hand?

I also never go alone. So that I will have backup even when my mind has been confused with tricks.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by tot(f): 6:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Amb1045(m): 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
Resemblance246:

What are you saying? Is not the same Igbo man that told me that the price of the phone he has on market cost 20k something around 2008. After buying the phone, it was later I found out that the phone is confirm original shinko packed with fufu and the price is not less than 2500k. The second day I went to the same market for complain see me see wahala ooo na so the guy they speak Igbo with him brother con dey denied say I buy phone for him hand. The police man around that vicinity was like "this 419 people are here again Lord have mercy" Just telling you to park well. Which better market those idiots get for shop wey dey expensive if not to dupe the less previledge one and ready for wahala. That is how those criminals survive everyday. Their shop is filled with substandard products from China nothing is good there.
you're naturally a racist. A trabalistic human. Grow up boy. Igbos don't want to be one Nigeria but your government is forcing it on them. Lagos is Nigeria and igbos are part of Nigeria stop been myopic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by nedekid: 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
mabeni:
thanks a lot. Bro. Ben called me last night to come so we could settle things amicably. I did and issues has been resolved. Thanks.
I added 10k to my initial payment and my DVD or player and it was given to me. Once again, thanks for your contribution sir
Great. Thank God
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by 00FFT00(m): 7:46pm On Sep 04, 2020
ikakahu:
I called the number and had some conversation with the said man because this is annoying and it must stop.He is willing to dialogue with you.Try to call him.He said he does not have your number.Kindly call him and let us know the outcome.As for the man that swapped tested ok TV for a dead monitor for me,I called him this morning and his number went through after months of being switched off.That one is claiming that he has forgotten that I should come with the TV.Then later he said I am disturbing him,that I should do my worst.

You want to post his number make we follow am talk.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by obstead200(m): 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2020
Resemblance246:

No body is saying they should not buy their sub standard chinko but why are they dumping them in Lagos what is wrong with the eastern port? They should just give chance for the manufacturing companies to import and export real goods for us to have fresh air.
frankly, u are heavily tribalistic. No need for anyone to keep arguing with u. The bias won't allow allow you think straight.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ustavo(m): 8:50pm On Sep 04, 2020
Funny enough, the fool had done same to me before
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Kayharry(m): 10:57pm On Sep 04, 2020
U only scam ursef .how can u price home theater from 55k to 25,k for u mind u Sabi price be that .

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
Are you selling Bitcoins, PayPal, PayGal, or PayMal? Save yourself the stress of commenting on each thread. Automate it!!

https://www.nairaland.com/6083759/
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by eargersept: 12:34am On Sep 05, 2020
I was scammed by this set of idiots in the year 2017. I went to Alaba to buy a 22 inches LCD TV ( Tokunbo ) , after payment the guy told me the TV can only work with DVD and Decoder because it was VHF . I told him to refund me but he said, he can't because he also bought it like that. The initial friendly approach turn threatening even with occultic power from his village. After, long talk and pleading, he gave me 20k out of 25k but i told him , he will not suffer for his action then i realized Igbo people prefer money to Life. He said nothing will happen. The greatest surprise was that, The guy is now a pastor at Amuwo Odofin area with congregation. After, one year Facebook suggest him as a friend to me, I added him but ask him some questions and he was surprised, I told him, i can come to the church and disgrace him now but he pleaded that , he is now a born again Christian. Beware of those bad guys at alaba especially from now to December, they have red eye to make money and return to their village with jeeps in convoy. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Tinyemeka(m): 10:30am On Sep 05, 2020
captainking:
I had similar experience.. I went to buy TV for someone in 2017...saw a TV.. Priced and agreed 35k...after testing.. I paid.. Then they told me the TV does not work with antena.. Decoder or DVD..it shows on black and white in these . That it's a satellite TV and shows only coloured on video camera or USB...

Mhen.... I para.. I kolo. Am a calm dude but got the aggression of a raging phoenix when provoked...

After the para... They gave me another TV after testing over 6 TVs which were all defective...

Igbo People especially the alaba guys and onitsha Main market guys are not honest or sincere... They are ruining the igbo spirit of hard work..

And I am igbo... But I hate what these guys do in alaba

The same thing with most spare parts dealers in coal camp market, Enugu.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Tinyemeka(m): 10:45am On Sep 05, 2020
majamajic:

he handed me the 32k , from the other end the money is 32k , turn it and count from another end it's 28k , an hausa person

Two notes were folded in half and placed in between the rest of the bills. The actual sum was 30k. Sorry for your loss.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by majamajic(m): 11:21am On Sep 05, 2020
Tinyemeka:

Two notes were folded in half and placed in between the rest of the bills. The actual sum was 30k. Sorry for your loss.

Yes , it was 30k

Immediately I started counting from the other end , he said I should take my $100 that he is not selling again

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ikakahu(m): 7:48pm On Sep 05, 2020
00FFT00:

You want to post his number make we follow am talk.

I am trying to extract pic and info from my crashed phone.I am going to post everything about the fraudster here on nairaland as soon as all documents(receipts,Tv and the monitor) are ready.The wicked shall never go unpunished!!!
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ceaser: 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2020
Tinyemeka:

Waoh. Such disdainful use of ingenuity for dishonesty.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by id4sho(m): 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2020
majamajic:

Yes , it was 30k

Immediately I started counting from the other end , he said I should take my $100 that he is not selling again
naso, no dull moments.
TEAR EYE
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ORIAYO70(m): 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2020
Lukaku95:
your papa land kill you there !! you this ekiti boy. are you from Lagos ??

See this Buhari......
Don't wana go further

Even if I be EKITI, EKITI na south cheat
If my mama no be IMO I for say make thunder faya uuuu

I no no wetin my P man go do for Biafra
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ORIAYO70(m): 9:30pm On Sep 05, 2020
Vanzcharles:

Ori Ayo your brothers wey dey rum scam like say tomorrow no they. Only be say igbo they run their own on top buying and selling.

If I bite your mouth, how can u say scam is synonymous to Igbo people. I know how many yoruba boys I sent money to that blocked me.

Just keep quiet and dont call tribe. Everyone dey do yahoo

You really amaze me.... Wahalai if u be woman I for marry you...lol
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ORIAYO70(m): 9:31pm On Sep 05, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
Another wrong use of words bro.
UyaiIncomparabl used the right word while talking about Igbos. Earned my respect yet again

A one Nigeria we wanted right?

Hmmmmm
Not for now frd
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Slimm01: 4:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
2cribz:
In broadday lighht. Hw can u buy home theater for 25k. When i be dey schl the lowest lg home theater branf new as at 2010 was 35k. Dem scam u well. You for just buy online. lol. Say home theater dey no work with light ,na only gen. Nawa o. So if light dey,u go off light turn on your gen. See stupid excuse. My guy avoid tokunbo or buy online, ah wetin.
Alaba boys don show u strong tin
Bros, home theatre prices depends on the wattage of the product. Not all home theatre are of same price. I bought my 1000watts home theatre brand new for 70k in that same 2010. And also, online purchase of electrical items is not advisable. Go to the shop and see for yourself when they test it for you. Sometimes, online delivered product may have issues and it will take you stress and several weeks delay for them to change the product and deliver to you again.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by jeromedee: 8:32am On Sep 21, 2020
Sommydisaster:

Another hungry fellow looking for cheap likes and attention

Bro you can do better with your time rather than hating on what's bigger than you..... Keep on trying but you won't get my time/attention
Who is the hungry fellow here if not you? Fleecing People by scraps in the name TV to unsuspected members of the public. Desist from such act and change your way Acunonn.

Shege!.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Sommydisaster(m): 9:02am On Sep 21, 2020
jeromedee:
Who is the hungry fellow here if not you? Fleecing People by scraps in the name TV to unsuspected members of the public. Desist from such act and change your way Acunonn.

Shege!.

Bros go and rest, you talk to much and it's unhealthy for you........ Use that energy to make money for yourself

It's Monday morning, its no time for drama

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? / The Value Of CFA To Naira As At Today / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.