Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship (51626 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Takes The Coronavirus Hand Washing Challenge(VIDEO) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by slowice(m): 8:56am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:
Sad. Another one who has chosen to flee instead of fight.
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.
This is very sad, she will be remembered as a loser
She gave up because she lacks foresight

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greencard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.

Oga lie with the fear of God na
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 8:56am On Sep 03, 2020
you mean she HAS COBWEBS in the cupboard?
if she stays, THEY WILL expose all her corrupt dealings.

Jaqenhghar:

Actually she flees because she has the foresight. Foresight to know that if she stays to fight she will die for nothing. When she came how did your people support her? The same people you fight for will either mock you, betray you or refuse to join you. That is Sowore. He has been fighting. When he was arreeted , how many people came out to protest his detention? Tou want her to come and suffer unecessarily abi. Weldone

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by gbengaeed(m): 8:57am On Sep 03, 2020
...I know this is just a move to win the post but its a total betrayal, Nigeria drop the initial candidate for you with the hope that the country will stand a better chance and be in a favorable position when you win, and now you are switching alliance with the country's ticket for another country. the USA will never gives that freedom you and your team think you will have when you win and by the way the post is not about individual its about country and people, anyway these are the typical way of Nigerians always ready to decamp and betray the country any moment. Obviously you will be answerable to the USA and not Nigeria, Wish you all the best and hope that this will not send a wrong signal to Nigerians on patriotism.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by slowice(m): 8:59am On Sep 03, 2020
Welcome to international politics..... It is what it is
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 8:59am On Sep 03, 2020
the woman DEY MISS road too MUCH. THE POSITION she suppose go for before, na him ADESINA dey sit in. hahahhahahhahaha

Pabloicardi:
In your mind you think you know better than her be deceiving yourself.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greencard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.
She def has foresight, and in all ramifications is not a loser by ANY standard.
Goodluck to you and your household.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by OgbeniVan: 9:01am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Yenyenyen Gbenu osi soun funmi! Are you more patriotic than she is? What have you and all your generations done for Nigeria? Can it be compared to what she has already done? This woman almost single handedly reduced Nigeria’s debt profile so you and your children don’t suffer the sins our former corrupt leaders. Do you know how much impact she can have for Nigeria if she’s chairing the WTO?
She chose Nigeria for over 25years and decided to take another citizenship. At least she get choice. You get?

Nigerians just love Sufferhead Olympics.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 9:01am On Sep 03, 2020
she DOES NOT NEED IT.
SHE has been FINANCE minister. she is on BOARDS of many global institutions. she is ALREADY respected.
YOU THINK she be PAUPER like you wey dey BEG for plate of FOOD?

tysontim:

Make them dash u and see whether you won't rush it
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by stagger: 9:02am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Ma guy, Nigeria will not change in the next 100 years. By then, you and I will be long gone. Make hay now while the sun shines. I used to have this mindset to sail or sink with Naija. Not anymore.

Look at all the hikes by government in a COVID era:
- VAT
- Electricity
- Petrol

Now that they have looted everything that can be looted, they are now surreptitiously going after church finances with the new CAMA act. I don tire. Hope you do not come to face reality too late. One thing I told myself is I can never be in a position where my kids will ask me why I kept them stuck in a country where they cannot be guaranteed anything on merit.

No dull yourself o.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 9:02am On Sep 03, 2020
She go advise the PRESIDENT to fire and sack some workers. TOO many GHOST workers.

Subzero047:

She should fire some workers like president wey she be?

Ignorance speaking
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by ignis: 9:02am On Sep 03, 2020
We've lost her again...
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 9:03am On Sep 03, 2020
NA LIE.
SHE CAN run for PRESIDENT like OBY!

SHAME FOR WHAT?

TheArrowhead:
I really feel for her. She has practically been forced to do this. Shame on Nigeria!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 9:05am On Sep 03, 2020
she lacks FORESIGHT. her position is occupied by ADESINA. na wetin she suppose go for before be dat.
SHE would have get more RESPECT in that position.

Gilbertase:
She def has foresight, and in all ramifications is not a loser by ANY standard.
Goodluck to you and your household.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Tbasicme: 9:08am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Point of correction please She is not a looser. When does having dual citizenship becomes synonymous to loosing? According to the article it stated that she has worked over 25yrs in the US and did not get their citizenship. Now she is vying for a position which will her chances of emerging is higher if she gets a dual citizenship. I don't see anything wrong in that.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by donjahsy(m): 9:09am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

iwu amu
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by donveekings: 9:11am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

You are lazy! Read before commenting!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Niceman4u(m): 9:17am On Sep 03, 2020
post=93517891:

Hmmmmmmm, this is deep!
Only the wise can understand.
For a former presidential candidate in our nation,
This speaks volume.

God bless you so much for this.
And may God bless your parents for giving us a wise man like you.

We Rise!

Modify,
They won't even allow us to post in peace anymore!
Seun, Mynd44, Dominique, Justwise take note please!
Life is not that hard to be taken so serious and rigid!

#BringBackOurComment!!
We broke no rules here!
The lyrics of our song has to do with American citizenship,
His friend invited him to America,
And he said no, because he loves Nigeria!

So why all that?

What is d difference between her American citizenship acquisition and ur lord & savior who runs at d slightest opportunity, to UK hospitals?
Just have a deep thought about this.
They (Dr. Ngozi & Alhaji Buhari) r telling u dat it country s not worth dying for.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 03, 2020
tysontim:

Taa I know if you get America citizenship you'll grab it with both hands
Are you minding the boy. He is just a boy and will always reason like one.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by id911(m): 9:24am On Sep 03, 2020
frog12:
she lacks FORESIGHT. her position is occupied by ADESINA. na wetin she suppose go for before be dat.
SHE would have get more RESPECT in that position.

A former World Bank Managing Director would downgrade herself to be African Development Bank President? I guess you're a toddler! For your information, she was the one that recommended Adesina for that position and Adesina himself said it when he first won the election. I know you'd say it's a lie but I won't say more than that

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by cj4humanity: 9:25am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Everybody keeps attacking this guy but I think he's made his point, Africa has really lost her
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Xisnin(m): 9:26am On Sep 03, 2020
Subzero047:

You are ignorant
You are an unpatriotic illiterate.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Conrod: 9:27am On Sep 03, 2020
Reuben700:
What a betrayal
How is getting out of a sinking ship a "betrayal" .i call it self preservation.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by erico2k2(m): 9:27am On Sep 03, 2020
sapphiere:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/09/03/wto-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-takes-up-american-citizenship/
For the fact that she worked over 25 years in the US makes her entitled to claim USD Dollars as salary while i n 9ja!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Jahwinaboy(m): 9:29am On Sep 03, 2020
Reuben700:
What a betrayal
Which betrayal? Didn't u read the part that said she studied in USA, worked for 25 years and refused to be their citizen? To me, she is the real Nigerian and proud African

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by erico2k2(m): 9:31am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

1st, not everyone abroad is white
it says Dual citizenship, she never dished the green passport
Being a citizen of the US is a smart move, check very well this time open your eyes 90% of your todays politicians in 9ja are all citizens of either the Uk or the US or one EU or American country north or south.
last but not the list, HOW CAN YOU CALL A PERSON FIGHTING TO GET TO ONE OF THE TOP JOB IN THE WORLD A LOSER AND SEEN AS GIVING UP??

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frankyychiji(f): 9:32am On Sep 03, 2020
post=93517891:

Hmmmmmmm, this is deep!
Only the wise can understand.
For a former presidential candidate in our nation,
This speaks volume.

God bless you so much for this.
And may God bless your parents for giving us a wise man like you.

We Rise!

Modify,
They won't even allow us to post in peace anymore!
Seun, Mynd44, Dominique, Justwise take note please!
Life is not that hard to be taken so serious and rigid!

#BringBackOurComment!!
We broke no rules here!
The lyrics of our song has to do with American citizenship,
His friend invited him to America,
And he said no, because he loves Nigeria!

So why all that?
How is okonjo iweala a former presidential candidate?

You just rushed down only to spew rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frankyychiji(f): 9:36am On Sep 03, 2020
Opexzy:
Very good, everything is leading to her victory....
How Jonathan's administration ended being a complete fiasco with the likes of this woman and someone like Akinwunmi Adesina, still baffles me.
Then you are a togolese. If you like bring Obama, the system is set up in a way that you can't succeed. The person coming after buhari would be the worse if nothing is done to restructure or divide the zoo.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by proeast(m): 9:36am On Sep 03, 2020
freeborn02:

Another dumb comment. Dead rotten brain commenting without reading. Looks like nairaland has become a place where idiots congregate

Honestly, I'm shocked at the all the ridiculous and ignorant posts that litter this thread.

Lol, they are all crying blood and pouring spit everywhere because they heard that Ngozi Okonjo Iweala took up American citizenship grin grin

They felt she has abandoned them to their hopeless situation in a hellish Nigeria, and thus has betrayed them grin grin

Lol, having dual citizenship is almost normal with people of her status. I'm even surprised she wasn't an American citizen until now despite having schooled and worked there for donkey years and all connections and influence there.

LWKMD, Nigerians are funny people indeed. I don't know if it's a lack of proper education, enlightenment or biting hunger that is making many people to reason so myopically shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Pinkybush: 9:40am On Sep 03, 2020
Weldone madam. Most Nigerians doesn't value intelligent people to lead them, rather illiterates. With this woman's proven records, if she should contest for the position of the president with buhari in nigeria now, those commenting she shouldn't leave will prefer buhari with failure records to this woman. Those condeming her move will vote against her because of ethnic and religious sentiment.

Ma'am sane nigerians wish you success in your pursuit.

Please remember me in your paradise when you get there. I long to leave this shithole.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Myer(m): 9:42am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Ode.
This country wastes it's best brains unlike
other productive countries who are willing to invest in them.

Apparently you have no value worth investing in. Otherwise you'll be happy for her.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

You haven't lived long enough
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by fujirice: 9:46am On Sep 03, 2020
MZrapper:

It's either you don't have sense or you didn't read the report.
It’s obvious he didn’t read anything.
He saw headline and started yapping.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

100 Innoson Jeeps: Governor Ugwuanyi Trends Online / Youths Beat Jasper Ndubuaku, Chairman Imo Recovery Team (Photos) / Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.