Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship (51618 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Takes The Coronavirus Hand Washing Challenge(VIDEO) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frankyychiji(f): 9:47am On Sep 03, 2020
TheChameleon:

You know the quality of education in Nigeria is pretty bad.

Would be funny if she still doesn't get this post ...
Getting the post is not a do or die, if she fails, she goes home. And you are rest assured before she even gets home, another opportunity elsewhere is calling her.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Daguccizgreat(m): 9:47am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:
Sad. Another one who has chosen to flee instead of fight.
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.
This is very sad, she will be remembered as a loser
She gave up because she lacks foresight

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greencard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.
Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by confydoedowaye(m): 9:48am On Sep 03, 2020
frog12:
maximize her strength our MOUTH.

YOU should like one of those JOHN BULLS.
NA just by dress code, you DETERMINE people's intelligence. everyone in the NASS dress just like HER.
HEHEHEHEHEHE

I wonder how being a "PROUD AFRICAN IN THE GLOBAL SPHERE" translates to intelligence comparisms. Most of us (Nigerians) jump into topics with the premonition to criticise uncouthly and blindly, people should learn to respect others opinion without throwing tantrums for the sake of harmonous neighborliness.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frankyychiji(f): 9:49am On Sep 03, 2020
Yankee101:
So madam you can't be our president again?

Dem go even let you become minister?
Didn't Kemi Yahoo Yahoo, a British citizen become minister in Nigeria?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Daguccizgreat(m): 9:49am On Sep 03, 2020
post=93517891:

Hmmmmmmm, this is deep!
Only the wise can understand.
For a former presidential candidate in our nation,
This speaks volume.

God bless you so much for this.
And may God bless your parents for giving us a wise man like you.

We Rise!

Modify,
They won't even allow us to post in peace anymore!
Seun, Mynd44, Dominique, Justwise take note please!
Life is not that hard to be taken so serious and rigid!

#BringBackOurComment!!
We broke no rules here!
The lyrics of our song has to do with American citizenship,
His friend invited him to America,
And he said no, because he loves Nigeria!

So why all that?
Ibu ezigbo onye nkogheri

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by gforce5: 9:50am On Sep 03, 2020
Did you just utter this bile of crap? Are you well? How is she a coward? This woman has lived in the States since the 70s. All her kids were born and bred there. She met her husband there! She has literally spend most of her life there! The fact that she's only taking the citizenship offer now is a testament to how confident she was with her Nigerian citizenship until now. A lot of her colleagues in the World Bank and other International organizations are already dual nations. She's doing what she must to further her career. You can't understand this because you lack exposure and suffer from poverty of the mind. I'm not surprised that grills idiot co-signed your comment. Like they say: "birds of a feather flock together". Too many villagers in this forum.
rentAcock:
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greencard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Goodnigga: 9:51am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

story for demons. Stay here forever and enjoy your Bubu
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Topmaike007(m): 9:52am On Sep 03, 2020
MansoryMX:
If by now you don’t see the hand writing written boldly on the wall about the future of this country then i pity you. Nigeria has to experience a revolution, another deadly and bloody civil war where natives will fight foreign nomads invaders to protect their ancestral lands, to protect their religious beliefs. It’s only a matter of time. We are being caged gradually, we are being invaded by nomads gradually and a lot prominent people have foreseen this, so many have sent their families away overseas if you look closely.The big question is do you choose to fight or flee? As for me I am not coward! We die here!
Bible said flee don't run.. Oga na flee remain
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Topmaike007(m): 9:53am On Sep 03, 2020
whatmoreng:
Smart move it will boost her chance of winning too.

On a serious note. As a young man, being born a Nigerian is not your fault and not a crime, but if you allow your kids to be born a Nigerian too... Make God forgive you.
Same way God is forgiving our parent too
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by proeast(m): 9:54am On Sep 03, 2020
proeast:

Honestly, I'm shocked at the all the ridiculous and ignorant posts that litter this thread.

Lol, they are all crying blood and pouring spit everywhere because they heard that Ngozi Okonjo Iweala took up American citizenship grin grin

They felt she has abandoned them to their hopeless situation in a hellish Nigeria, and thus has betrayed them grin grin

Lol, having dual citizenship is almost normal with people of her status. I'm even surprised she wasn't an American citizen until now despite having schooled and worked there for donkey years and all connections and influence there.

LWKMD, Nigerians are funny people indeed. I don't know if it's a lack of proper education, enlightenment or biting hunger that is making many people to reason so myopically shocked shocked

Well, psychologically, I think understand a bit why some Nigerians are crying bitterly over this development.

They have seen that Nigeria is like a sinking ship, and while pirates are invading it, to maim and pillage whatever they can find before it finally goes under, the most trusted hands on board they hoped would protect them keep living in tug boats grin grin

They will even be shocked to discover that most of the those that destroyed this country or are still doing so already have dual citizenship and would live with their families once sh1t eventually hits the fan.

If anyone deserves to have dual Nigerian/American citizenship in this country, then that person is Ngozi Okonjo Iweala yet she resisted the urge for so many years until now when it became very crucial for her to do so. That to me, shows she is still proud of her roots despite all.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Pinkybush: 9:54am On Sep 03, 2020
frankyychiji:
How is okonjo iweala a former presidential candidate?

You just rushed down only to spew rubbish.
Don't mind that rats and lizards griller. That's what he's best known for in nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frankyychiji(f): 9:55am On Sep 03, 2020
Lipscomb:
My position on this woman has always been tough. She is a rogue and born to rule mentality. She admired power than anything.

Her incompetence in some positions she held was another evidence that she is overweight individual. Okonjo iwella has been use by western world to exploit Africa. This woman send Nigeria to recession and till today we are yet to recover from recession.

I have never seen a situation whereby federal government borrow money to pay workers. During her tenure no improvement and she wasn't done anything spectacular.
Lol.. you seem to be more intelligent than the world powers seeking her out continually.

She's not a drug baron or thief like your God Tinubu. She didn't serve Nigeria with a fake certificate. Buhari in all his vindictiveness could not pin anything on her.

Keep Wailing!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frankyychiji(f): 9:57am On Sep 03, 2020
Pinkybush:
Don't mind that rats and lizards griller. That's what he's best known for in nairaland.
I rarely quote him no matter what because he seems to me as insecure and very bitter, especially when his lowlife pictures were circulated here grin. I don't like bitter people no matter the situation.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Talkingoil(m): 9:58am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

What are you saying na, didn't she try her bid and you guys along with your boss at Aso Rock called her.corrupt
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frankyychiji(f): 9:59am On Sep 03, 2020
NaMeAboki:
Sell out - not to be trusted with our national secrets.
You mean the secret of northern governors sponsoring Boko Haram?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Pinkybush: 10:00am On Sep 03, 2020
gforce5:
Did you just utter this bile of crap? Are you well? How is she a coward? This woman has lived in the States since the 70s. All her kids were born and bred there. She met her husband there! She has literally spend most of her life there! The fact that she's only taking the citizenship offer now is a testament to how confident she was with her Nigerian citizenship until now. A lot of her colleagues in the World Bank and other International organizations are already dual nations. She's doing what she must to further her career. You can't understand this because you lack exposure and suffer from poverty of the mind. I'm not surprised that grills idiot co-signed your comment. Like they say: "birds of a feather flock together". Too many villagers in this forum.
GBAM!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Darlenelove: 10:01am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

You are so dumb.
You took your own personal decision to stay and fight for your stupid country and someone else took decision to leave and you condemn it.

See Nigeria for your mouth.
Evil country with evil people.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Topmaike007(m): 10:01am On Sep 03, 2020
PassingShot:
Reading most of the comments here truly confirms that we are dealing with a lost generation of the Nigerian youths.
oga let us lost, are you not in Nigeria when our government said we will be paying for water that we generate ourselves?

Are you not in Nigeria today to wake up and hear that PMS(petrol) is almost #200?

Are you not in Nigeria to witness how what suppose to be given to the citizen of this country as a palliatives for Covid-19 by Western world been transferred away from Lagos Airport to Abuja Airport and up till now we know see common nose Mask?

Are you not in Nigeria to see how our government have denied us freedom of speech?

It is better you get lost out of this country or you get lost in it..
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 10:03am On Sep 03, 2020
you are LAUGHABLE. who tell you say na DOWNGRADE.
AMERICAN EVEN wan remove ADESINA. NA DOWNGRADE BE DAT OR POTENTIAL!!
I know she supported Adesina but she lacks FORESIGHT, so she miss the position.

YOUR THINKING IS BAD.

id911:

A former World Bank Managing Director would downgrade herself to be African Development Bank President? I guess you're a toddler! For your information, she was the one that recommended Adesina for that position and Adesina himself said it when he first won the election. I know you'd say it's a lie but I won't say more than that
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:04am On Sep 03, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
Abeg I want to exchange my own Nigerian citizenship with that of Papua New Guinea.
At least Australia no go too far undecided
This guy has studied the world map for far too long planning his escape route cheesy
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by moneyissweet(m): 10:04am On Sep 03, 2020
No way,you must use am cook soup.

OkuFaba:
My Nigerian citizenship is for sale at a give away price, contact me if you get buyer
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by DonXavi(m): 10:06am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

You are saying this because you haven't had such opportunity yet. A loser is one that'll have an opportunity to live in a place where things are done better but decides to remain in a pond where suffering is the order of the day, a place where nothing is working at all for the good of the people that live in it. Remember we all have only one life to live. No one deserves to live it out in hell.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 10:07am On Sep 03, 2020
where is the TANTRUM? you said by her dress code, you know she is INTELLIGENT.
And I responded that everyone in NASS dress just like her. and we know NASS is filled with DULLARDS. SO WHERE is the tantrum??

I bomb-blasted your opinion.

confydoedowaye:
I wonder how being a "PROUD AFRICAN IN THE GLOBAL SPHERE" translates to intelligence comparisms. Most of us (Nigerians) jump into topics with the premonition to criticise uncouthly and blindly, people should learn to respect others opinion without throwing tantrums for the sake of harmonous neighborliness.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Pinkybush: 10:10am On Sep 03, 2020
frankyychiji:
I rarely quote him no matter what because he seems to me as insecure and very bitter, especially when his lowlife pictures were circulated here grin. I don't like bitter people no matter the situation.
I hardly quote either. The guy stinks

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 03, 2020
[s]
rentAcock:

[/s]

You are talking rubbish ! The truth is you and your household cannot afford to get visa hence this your rant
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by veykey: 10:13am On Sep 03, 2020
iretemide:

let them claim whatever citizen,they want as far as I'm concerned,when they all had the power to change this Country for better, they did little.
Even the position too may not even have any effect on our Economy.
So what's the fuss all about

Changer ko changer ni.
The change she could not achieve when she was part of government
You can do little to nothing when you're being frustrated by others. Did you also research into her sector to find out if she did make a change?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by MansoryMX(m): 10:15am On Sep 03, 2020
Topmaike007:
Bible said flee don't run.. Oga na flee remain

Bro no running. You wan run away from your ancestral lands? No na. You stand and fight for it.

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Ategberoson(m): 10:16am On Sep 03, 2020
adioolayi:
Are we still voting an American

Anyways...Dual citizenship politics...let's go

for someone to be loyal to Nigeria and not seek for America Visa despite she graduated from there and served there for 25years speak much of her loyalty to Nigeria

now average Nigerians want her to win this international election and the clause is getting America citizenship which caused her loss during world bank election

someone like her will surely push her loyalty to her country, America can only manipulate her to get their Green card but heart knows where it belong

cc:

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Richdee1(m): 10:19am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Another Pidgin2 has spoken...
Don't worry Nigeria would be great again. buh if I see Canadian PR, I go grab am with both my legs and hand
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by smellingKPEKUS: 10:22am On Sep 03, 2020
las las all nigerians are scammers
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Jaqenhghar: 10:24am On Sep 03, 2020
frog12:
you mean she HAS COBWEBS in the cupboard?
if she stays, THEY WILL expose all her corrupt dealings.

You know she has cobwebs and is corrupt yet you want her to come build your country. SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

NLC, TUC Suspend Strike / Hundreds of Borno youths join militia group to defend their communities(photos) / Blessing Anyim Is Not My Daughter - Anyim Pius Anyim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.