Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,371 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 (37196 Views)

Poverty In Nigeria Vs Richest Pastors In Nigeria - By Alawode-James Jumoke / Prophecy About Nigeria By Prophet Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj / Why History Says Jerusalem Belongs To The Jews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by AbdulSleeky: 11:19am On Sep 06, 2020
Eddiecute86:
I don’t know why some people are just so intellectually lazy to engage in a meaningful argument.
Someone came up with a piece backed up by a fact (reference) why not counter it by your own reference(s) if you are so sure he is wrong instead of shouting “inferiority complex”. I don’t see how someone reading some history about his origin is tantamount to INFERIORITY COMPLEX.

If in 200 or 300 Years to come some clans in Haiti or Jamaica decides to trace their root to a particular place in West African does that make them INFERIOR?

The removal of history from Nigeria curriculum has seriously done lots of damage than good. Nowadays nobody want to make research into the history of things any longer.

Note: I am not from the aforementioned tribe I am just a critical thinker

You are not a critical thinker.

Sub-saharan cultures are older than Jewish cultures.

I wonder how it is possible to be a descendant of a peoples that you are older than.

I repeat- no Nigerian tribe is descended from Jews or the middle east.

2 Likes

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by Eddiecute86(m): 11:23am On Sep 06, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

I wonder how it is possible to be a descendant of a peoples that you are older than.

I don’t engage in Jews or no Jews argument but please could you give me any reference to read up pertaining to your assertion

5 Likes

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 06, 2020
selemempe:
While not holding brief for the Jew connection, This my post goes to Ibibio and Efik people who are quick to dissociate themselves from Biafra and Igbo (largely because of their support for APC than actual beef with Igbo). As you can see, we are one people. We have mingled too much in the past and DNA may reveal that our fraternity is in the 90 percentiles.
There is no point to hate your actual brother because of an abokì that is 1000 km away. There is no point to claim Nigeria identity forced on your ancestors by whites and there is no point to claim Niger Delta identity with Edo and Ijaw nations you had nothing in common before Nigeria 200 years ago.
The Igbo, Ibibio and Efik etc are one nation under God.

The overwhelming over domineering nature of the Igbo is why the Ibibios and sister tribes support the other Nigerian tribes that have enabled them (the Ibibios) attain freedom from Igbo "bond age"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by November1857(m): 11:31am On Sep 06, 2020
emapeteum:

My brother, the ibibio in that context mean all the subtribe of ibibio.annang,efik,enyong,,iron,andonis are all ibibio. Pls read books
you're 100% right ! I am from Akwa Ibom..

1 Like

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by November1857(m): 11:32am On Sep 06, 2020
Blackking98:

So are we Jews? I don't think so
perhaps !
Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by FlatEarthGuy20(m): 11:33am On Sep 06, 2020
Keep preaching Donnie. YAHUAH bless you
donnie:
The Ibibios have persistently stated that their ancestors were Jews and believe themselves to be related to the greater Jewish world. Same belief is held by certain Igbos.

The "CERTAIN IBOS" are the IBIBIO remnants of OLD IBOM (AROCHUKWU) and other areas where IBIBIOS have been assimilated by the Igbos who migrated and later took over lands originally belonging to the Ibibio.

Instances are cited of similarities between IBIBIO and HEBREW in sentence structure, idioms, proverbs, and word usage. Common social customs, such as certain forms of purification, have also been noted. Were small colonies of Jews deported from Portugal and established along this section of the Guinea coast in the sixteenth century, to be absorbed by the dominant Negro population in later years?

Well, while it's quite possible that small colonies of black European Jews deported from Spain and Portugal did settle along the coastal regions of OLD CALABAR-AKWA IBOM axis, the IBIBIOS have a longstanding oral history of migration from the northern kingdom of ancient Israel through Egypt and Sudan all the way to Cameroon and, finally, Southeastern Nigeria, settling first in the district now known as IBOM (Aro-Chukwu). Talbot estimated that the igbo-group invaded the present day Arochukwu with the help of some Ekoi to drive away the original Ibibio occupants of the area. He suggested that this war must have taken place between 1300and 1400 A.D and caused them to resettle in their present area.

But the Ibibio people had their IBIT ITAM temples as well as PYRAMIDS at NSUDI (NSUDE) near UDI (Itiat Udi) where they practiced SUN WORSHIP very similar to those of ancient Egypt and the Canaanites. This should not be surprising since the children of Israel were known not only to have learnt the customs of Egyptians having lived in and migrated to and from Egypt, they broke the commandments of the Most High in worshipping and burning incense to the sun, even while still in Jerusalem (2 Kings 23:5,11; Deuteronomy 17:3) for which reason they were driven out of their land (Deut 4:25-28).

Ezekiel 8
15“Son of man,” He said to me, “do you see this? Yet you will see even greater abominations than these.” 16 So He brought me to the inner court of the house of YAHUAH, and there at the entrance to the temple of YAHUAH, between the portico and the altar, were about twenty-five men with their backs to the temple of YAHUAH and their faces toward the east; and they were bowing to the east in worship of the sun. 17“Son of man,” He said to me, “do you see this? Is it not enough for the house of Judah to commit the abominations they are practicing here, that they must also fill the land with violence and continually provoke Me to anger? Look, they are even putting the branch to their nose!

https://books.google.com/books?id=XyyxCwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

1 Like

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 06, 2020
Well the only thing that tickles my fancy about these people is their girls.. once u taste them its almost impossible to forget. I have been in trouble ever since embarassed

Oh shit.. its a religious thread lipsrsealed
Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 06, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Are the Talmud Jews of Poland too, black skinned, hmm?

Jews in Poland are simple white caucasian Europeans who practice Judaism as a religion.
Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by lucasalves: 11:43am On Sep 06, 2020
emapeteum:

My brother if you read the history well, you would realised that Hope wadell had written this long time ago.there is a whole lot of similarly.jews are God's own and am happy if my heritage has to do with the Jew.this is an external source,not written by ibibio.knowledge reduces our level of ignorance. Good morning brother

So someone else wrote your story and that gives you a sense of pride? God's own people? Show me where the devil's own people are (it shall not be well with whoever brainwashed Africans with religion). Yeah reading the wrong things is even worse than not reading at all. God's own people? Look around your community, does it seem like anywhere God would want his people? I bet southeast Asians will be thanking "God" they are not the so called "God's own people". When literarily every single DNA of any individual alive traces back to Africa, some people are here trying to steal other people's culture. What exactly has gone wrong in your lives to make you this gullible and easy to manipulate? And these are the ones we share country with, this country can divide soon enough for me.
Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by lucasalves: 11:49am On Sep 06, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

In their haste to read conspiracy theories they won't do the necessary information searching, today it's they are descended from Jews, tomorrow it will be they are descended from the Chinese. Every single tribe in Africa is older than the tribe they are claiming to be descended from. This is a direct product of those before us not keeping accurate accounts of things in their time.

1 Like

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by kikake: 11:54am On Sep 06, 2020
When the Jews left Israel, they scattered all over the world. Thereafter, Jews of many skin colors and creed gradually emerged.

It’s now who is able to trace his/her ancestry to Jewish, as well as who the Jews who returned to Israel from 1948, are willing to accept as a Jew.
Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by selemempe: 11:54am On Sep 06, 2020
airsaylongcom:

The overwhelming over domineering nature of the Igbo is why the Ibibios and sister tribes support the other Nigerian tribes that have enabled them (the Ibibios) attain freedom from Igbo "bond age"
the ibibios have never actually supported other Nigerians against igbos

In the old eastern region the Ibibio supported Igbo and igbos supported Ibibio
During the war the Ibibio were the only minorities who supported igbos and served in Biafra army and government.
Since returning to democracy the ibibios have voted the exact same way as igbos

The only issue is that unlike igbos where support for Biafra is currently overwhelming, in Ibibio and Efik today, it's 50/50....that is the problem. Don't go lying to your self that Ibibio will support you against igbos, they won't. Even the ibibios here like blackking98 will tell you

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by MuttleyLaff: 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
lomprico:
of course there are different varieties, that's why I said you should check on those commonly found in middle east. If am ignorant you won't be replying my posts.
[img]https://dallassmithblog.files./2015/02/israeli-olives.jpg[/img]I am replying you because I suffer ignoramus posts like yours gladly and also to make you not continue to squander the opportunity to learn from the above Israel Jordan market food stall displaying the range and different shades of olive fruit colours, meaning olive fruits aren't predominantly black in colour, as you and sophirebenitez, even with her Spanish last part of the portmanteau " sophirebenitez" ID, incorrectly believe to
Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by kikake: 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
selemempe:
the ibibios have never actually supported other Nigerians against igbos

In the old eastern region the Ibibio supported Igbo and igbos supported Ibibio
During the war the Ibibio were the only minorities who supported igbos and served in Biafra army and government.
Since returning to democracy the ibibios have voted the exact same way as igbos

The only issue is that unlike igbos were support for Biafra is currently overwhelming, in Ibibio and Efik today, it's 50/50....that is the problem. Don't go lying to your self that Ibibio will support you against igbos, they won't. Even the ibibios here will tell you

Even the names - Ibibio and Igbo - a stranger can’t wait to tell they are connected.

2 Likes

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by Revolva(m): 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2020
Nonsense

how can a black trribe ancestor come from a white Jewish tribe ..una no get sense..instead its the Jew that have traces to igbo and ibibio ok

1 Like

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by MuttleyLaff: 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Are the Talmud Jews of Poland too, black skinned, hmm?

PrecisionFx:
Jews in Poland are simple white caucasian Europeans who practice Judaism as a religion.
1/ Who really brought the Talmud?
2/ Where from, was the Talmud brought (i.e. where originated from)?
3/ What period roughly, was the Talmud brought to Israel?

You aren't telling me what I dont already know. The aim of the question was to get OP, committed to an answer. Please answer the above three easy, direct, simple, innocent, harmless and straightforward questions, since OP has shied from responding to them. Thank you in advance.
Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by dazzlingd(m): 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2020
FrMbaka:

Was it Europeans that brought terrorism a.k.a Islam to Africa?

I am not a Muslim
Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by EdiskyHarry: 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2020
Wow, nice write up.
I'm an ibibio man, I'll do more research.

1 Like

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by Abagworo(m): 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2020
airsaylongcom:

Define Igbo bondage.

4 Likes

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by Mftivi: 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2020
nsiba:

Do you know what is comprenhsion?
Do you know what comprehension is ? *
Do you know the meaning of comprehension ?*
Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by benn94(m): 12:15pm On Sep 06, 2020
We are not jews, we are Africans.

1 Like

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by ABCthingx: 12:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
Issoright! every duke and harry now originated from the Jews.

1 Like

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by emapeteum(m): 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2020
lucasalves:

So someone else wrote your story and that gives you a sense of pride? God's own people? Show me where the devil's own people are (it shall not be well with whoever brainwashed Africans with religion). Yeah reading the wrong things is even worse than not reading at all. God's own people? Look around your community, does it seem like anywhere God would want his people? I bet southeast Asians will be thanking "God" they are not the so called "God's own people". When literarily every single DNA of any individual alive traces back to Africa, some people are here trying to steal other people's culture. What exactly has gone wrong in your lives to make you this gullible and easy to manipulate? And these are the ones we share country with, this country can divide soon enough for me.
Pls I don't want to drag this with you. Do you believe humanity is one? Pls tell me one thing your forefathers did that you are really proud of?Do you know that this DNA of a thing and carbon dating has been disputed?pls read books
Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by kayjay69(m): 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2020
Hi love
KristaPretty:
Everyone worship your God however you think suits you.

1 Like

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by KristaPretty(f): 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2020
kayjay69:
Hi love

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by Kennyswag: 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
Jews kor, Juice ni

1 Like

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by lucasalves: 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2020
emapeteum:

Pls I don't want to drag this with you. Do you believe humanity is one? Pls tell me one thing your forefathers did that you are really proud of?Do you know that this DNA of a thing and carbon dating has been disputed?pls read books

Disputed by who? Show reputable sources... Idiot even if you follow your non scientific study, doesn't it say we are all descended from Eve and Adam? see stupidity at its very best... as people moved farther from the equator they lost melanin making them to appear lighter... You think you really have any leg to stand on here with your inferior knowledge.... dispute any of the above statement I made.

1 Like

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by OhBiafra: 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
selemempe:
it's not begging. It's diplomacy. Something we igbos severely lack in politics. Gra gra hasn't gotten us anything yet. Check well
That begging smells of desperation, it means you have nothing to offer and is only trying to benefit from them, something which has always turned away the Niger Deltans from the Biafran struggle. Your begging seems to prove them right. By the way, why must the Niger delta be part of Biafra?

1 Like

Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by emae009(m): 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2020
The "please read book" geng, "do research" geng, who wrote those books??
if Adolf Hitler had won WWII, people would be saying how strategic and military savy he was.
History as they say is written in favor of the victor.
Re: The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 by selemempe: 1:04pm On Sep 06, 2020
OhBiafra:
That begging smells of desperation, it means you have nothing to offer and is only trying to benefit from them, something which has always turned away the Niger Deltans from the Biafran struggle. Your begging seems to prove them right. By the way, why must the Niger delta be part of Biafra?
we have the largest gas reserves in Nigeria. Read about it please. And Nigeria is more of a gas nation than oil. That fact alone is enough to offer. We haven't even started talking about Igbo entrepreneurs who are more known than any Ibibio entrepreneurs.
However, without Niger Delta either joining Biafra or declaring their own Republic, Biafra would almost be surrounded by Nigeria which is very very bad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Reading Punch Newspaper In Church During Service In Lagos (Photo) / Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here / Abel Damina: Breast, Yansh, Brain, Good Cook Do Not Make You A Wife Material But

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.