Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share (3467 Views)

Share Your Memorable "It's A Small World" Moment. / Share Your "Its A Small World" Unforgettable Moments And Stories / 'Taking Care Of The Vagina Is Not A Small Business' - Lady Says, Man Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by Kraking: 10:22am On Sep 10, 2020
So yesterday I was simply amazed by an event that cemented the popular saying "it's a small world" . Oh my, it's a small world indeed.

Now back then in university around 2006 (university of maiduguri) unimaid used to be one of the best universities in the country back then, no thanks to Boko Haram. Anyways, there was one popular abokì that used to sell suya very close to my hostel. We bacame extremely close that he sometimes gave me suya for free. He later left for greener pastures (within Nigeria) in 2008. Haruna said he was going to Lagos to make more money. He never had a phone so there was no way I could even get his number.. After I graduated and served, I got a job in Lagos too àround 2012. 8 years down the line, I took a stroll down the street just yesterday, the suya man obviously recently relocated there because i ply that route often and I had never seen a suya man on that spot. Moved closer and ordered for some meat.
Me: Abokì abeg sell suya #500 for me. Give me small tasting first.

Aboki: okay sir

Me: Cut am plenty o if e no plenty I no go pay you

Aboki: chai Oga I dey cut am por flenty na this one don pass #500 sef

As he was cutting the meat, he started staring at me I began to feel uncomfortable. There have been tales of so many gays in the north, "hope this one is not one of them catching feelings " I said to myself.

Aboki: Oga no vex but e be like say I no your face from somewhere

Me: ehen.. where you know me from

Aboki: I no remember but you don live for maiduguri before?

I looked at him deeply and confused. For him to mention that maiduguri meant that he might just be right. Then he asked me if I ever attended Unimaid.

Me: yeeeeeeeess (in a confused and puzzled tone)

Aboki: I sell suya for that place well well e don tay for 2004 to 2008. You resemble one of my customer that year him name na *********

Me: Haruna! (I shouted).

In astonishment and excitement, I gave him a heart warming hug, exchanged pleasantries , some for a lenghty time in hausa, talked about a whole lot. Haruna used to sell suya in front of my hostel in the early 2000's, fate separated us in 2008, 12 years down the line , fate brought us back together in 2020.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by ProphetofOdin: 10:27am On Sep 10, 2020
Wow!! that is nice, well mine is that i just moved into this new neighbourhood about a month ago and found out my ex lives about 5 blocks away from me with her husband.

If you want to make an extra cash for yourself doing a legitimate side hustle please check my signature and follow the link. No down payment all you need is your phone and you can earn as much as 400k.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by Kraking: 10:28am On Sep 10, 2020
Another short one was a weekend some years back. Around 2014 in lagks. It was a less busy weekend for me and a friend asked me if I'd be interested to go for a wedding at ibadan. I wasted no time in saying yes. When I got to the venue, I realized the bride was my next door neighbor during NYSC in osun state. We weren't even that close during NYSC , just the usual "good morning", "hello", "na you dey cook since morning wan use scent kill us for this compound" etc.

It's indeed a very small world.

10 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by Slawormir: 10:41am On Sep 10, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Very small world
But Ogbeni op.

I know For your mind now....you go like haaa...
Let the free suya and cheap suya begin

But nor forget say 2008 and 2020 nor be the same

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by amiibaby(f): 10:49am On Sep 10, 2020
Just observing keenly

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by Darkseid(m): 10:52am On Sep 10, 2020
I'll be back
Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 10, 2020
I was n
Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by FreeMejoor1(m): 10:59am On Sep 10, 2020
Mention me wen it gets to front page
Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by Eddie360(m): 11:03am On Sep 10, 2020
Mine ws back then in 2011 when I finish sec sch I wnt to stay ma with ma uncle who do provision business in student villa (futy yola) there dis guyz who stay together d always com for credit in our shop or to buy garri and sugar.... Just day b4 yesterday d oda guy just com to cut his head and we met if u see hw dis guy change ehn nw his an officer wit prison service...Thou me sef don graduate just waiting for nysc.

Sorry for the typing error I was in a hurry when I type all those errors.... And for those who think because I made a mistake am nt a complete graduate... Just knw dat no human is a perfect being

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by EzzyCarter: 11:58am On Sep 10, 2020
Eddie360:
Mine ws back then in 2011 when I finish sec sch I wnt to live ma uncle who do provision business in student villa (futy yola) das dis guyz dat live in one room d always com for credit in our shop or to buy garri and sugar sometimes I play with d mine b4 I gv dem.... Just day b4 yesterday d oda guy just com to cut his head and we meet if u see hw dis guy change ehn nw his an officer wit prison service he d even teddy me with d garri stuff... Thou me sef don graduate just waiting for nysc

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by fuckaholic25(f): 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2020
Eddie360:
Mine ws back then in 2011 when I finish sec sch I wnt to live ma uncle who do provision business in student villa (futy yola) das dis guyz dat live in one room d always com for credit in our shop or to buy garri and sugar sometimes I play with d mine b4 I gv dem.... Just day b4 yesterday d oda guy just com to cut his head and we meet if u see hw dis guy change ehn nw his an officer wit prison service he d even teddy me with d garri stuff... Thou me sef don graduate just waiting for nysc
this ur English is wrong... o wrong now

14 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by Jacqueline22(f): 12:14pm On Sep 10, 2020
Eddie360:

Type Watin person fit understand guy we no be aliens

22 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2020
Wow lovely it's really a small world
Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by ezechi24(m): 12:57pm On Sep 10, 2020
Eddie360:

You call yourself a graduate and you couldn't explain what was on your mind ...na wa o

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2020
Eddie360:

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by israelkings10: 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2020
You sure say dem give you certificate when you graduate sha. Abi na marlians graduation. This your English o necessary na, O wrong na. wink wink

Eddie360:

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by Emlaughter: 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2020
grin grin grin

Kraking:
So yesterday I was simply amazed by an event that cemented the popular saying "it's a small world" . Oh my, it's a small world indeed.

Now back then in university around 2006 (university of maiduguri) unimaid used to be one of the best universities in the country back then, no thanks to Boko Haram. Anyways, there was one popular abokì that used to sell suya very close to my hostel. We bacame extremely close that he sometimes gave me suya for free. He later left for greener pastures (within Nigeria) in 2008. Haruna said he was going to Lagos to make more money. He never had a phone so there was no way I could even get his number.. After I graduated and served, I got a job in Lagos too àround 2012. 8 years down the line, I took a stroll down the street just yesterday, the suya man obviously recently relocated there because i ply that route often and I had never seen a suya man on that spot. Moved closer and ordered for some meat.
Me: Abokì abeg sell suya #500 for me. Give me small tasting first.

Aboki: okay sir

Me: Cut am plenty o if e no plenty I no go pay you

Aboki: chai Oga I dey cut am por flenty na this one don pass #500 sef

As he was cutting the meat, he started staring at me I began to feel uncomfortable. There have been tales of so many gays in the north, "hope this one is not one of them catching feelings " I said to myself.

Aboki: Oga no vex but e be like say I no your face from somewhere

Me: ehen.. where you know me from

Aboki: I no remember but you don live for maiduguri before?

I looked at him deeply and confused. For him to mention that maiduguri meant that he might just be right. Then he asked me if I ever attended Unimaid.

Me: yeeeeeeeess (in a confused and puzzled tone)

Aboki: I sell suya for that place well well e don tay for 2004 to 2008. You resemble one of my customer that year him name na *********

Me: Haruna! (I shouted).

In astonishment and excitement, I gave him a heart warming hug, exchanged pleasantries , some for a lenghty time in hausa, talked about a whole lot. Haruna used to sell suya in front of my hostel in the early 2000's, fate separated us in 2008, 12 years down the line , fate brought us back together in 2020.
Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2020
Eddie360:

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by SweetCunt97(f): 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2020
Eddie360:
You just graduated huh? From which university exactly?

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by JasperVII(m): 3:53pm On Sep 10, 2020
Eddie360:
He came to cut his head?

28 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by Drsnives(m): 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2020
Sla my ass when this shit gets to front page
Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by justiniyke29: 4:18pm On Sep 10, 2020
Mine happened just less than a month ago. I was walking down the road when i heard a young lady shouting "master Justin" i was shocked as i havent heard that title since my service year. it turned out it was one of my student i taught during my 6months IT. imagine since 2014

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by Plut01: 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2020
Eddie360:

hnmmmm

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by Plut01: 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2020
JasperVII:
He came to cut his head?
Nah slaughter house the niggar dey work grin

8 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by JasperVII(m): 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2020
Plut01:

Nah slaughter house the niggar dey work grin
Lol. I tire for that man

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by Hintona(f): 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2020
Eddie360:

Dah guy!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by Dliquidmetal(m): 5:46pm On Sep 10, 2020
Eddie360:
����� please stop this thing wey you dey write or I go comot ya teeth just now!!!

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by dukeprince50: 8:26pm On Sep 10, 2020
Eddie360:
if all the the illiterates leave their villages and get a new village of illiterates, in that new village, u will become the village illiterate.
Just look at what a graduate typed.

9 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by dukeprince50: 8:34pm On Sep 10, 2020
Eddie360:
I just went through ur posts on nairaland, pls go and collect back all ur school fees

7 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by Ejenavi18(f): 8:34pm On Sep 10, 2020
Eddie360:
English dey cry.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Best "It's A Small World" Experience? Share by dukeprince50: 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2020
lalasticlala mynd44 seun, this is front-page worthy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If My Husband Decides To A Cheat, As A Pharmacist I Will Kill Him(pictures) / What Are The Qualities Of A Good Wife / I Only Love Girls And Ladies Who Love To Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.