Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,804 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Beware Of Car Dealers - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Beware Of Car Dealers (4177 Views)

Tokunbo Car Business: How Car Dealers Import Clean Cars From USA To Nigeria / Top 10 Car Dealers In Nigeria You Can Rely On / Car Dealers Besiege Customs Office With Vehicle Documents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by LeJeun3: 1:54am On Sep 28, 2020
shortgun:

Tokunbo sir.
The issue is,how can all 4 ignition coils go bad at the same time?
Even after changing them the scan is still reporting same problem.
I inspected the PCM myself, no visual damage or burnt smell ...can it be that it requires a software update?

Usually all 4 might not be bad, but a single one might be shorting out the rest. If you aren't using brand new coils, at least swap out coils from a working vehicle ..

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:26am On Sep 28, 2020
shortgun:

Tokunbo sir.
The issue is,how can all 4 ignition coils go bad at the same time?
Even after changing them the scan is still reporting same problem.
I inspected the PCM myself, no visual damage or burnt smell ...can it be that it requires a software update?

It is very possible you have an Engine Ecu problem.

But the fact that it ran smooth previously (pre purchase)

Means that the issues you currently surfaced after purchase.

You should look into the power source and grounding to the ignition coils.

I still do not believe the engine ecu is bad.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by timifakay(m): 7:15am On Sep 28, 2020

You inspected and tested same car without knowing CEL was covered, I think it will be better to stop this trial and error, then hand vehicle over to qualified and experienced tech.

What year was vehicle manufactured?
Have you Googled part number on all replaced/ suspected parts to be sure they are compatible with vehicle?
Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by shortgun(m): 7:49am On Sep 28, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

It is very possible you have an Engine Ecu problem.

But the fact that it ran smooth previously (pre purchase)

Means that the issues you currently surfaced after purchase.

You should look into the power source and grounding to the ignition coils.

I still do not believe the engine ecu is bad.
Ok thanks, I appreciate your time.
Will update
Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by shortgun(m): 8:01am On Sep 28, 2020
timifakay:

You inspected and tested same car without knowing CEL was covered, I think it will be better to stop this trial and error, then hand vehicle over to qualified and experienced tech.

What year was vehicle manufactured?
Have you Googled part number on all replaced/ suspected parts to be sure they are compatible with vehicle?
Thanks, I will take it to experienced person today.
Yes! I used part number for the parts replacement.
Like you rightly said, I am not a mechanic I only have knowledge on benz cars which I own.
It's almost impossible to manipulate benz vehicles like this without it been obvious....but this doesn't absolve me of blame.
Thanks for ur time sire.
I will update.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by weyreypey: 8:05am On Sep 28, 2020
shortgun:

Like you rightly said, I am not a mechanic I only have knowledge on benz cars which I own.
It's almost impossible to manipulate benz vehicles like this without it been obvious....but this doesn't absolve me of blame.
Thanks for ur time sire.
I will update.
You're doing well
Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by Presegs(m): 9:28am On Sep 28, 2020
weyreypey:

There is one here who used cement to patch transmission of a Lexus! The buyer has not recovered from the trauma over four years ago...if in doubt ask dannybrasky diportivo nurey even gazzuzz.

I didn't say he has a king-size Bible o

grin grin grin

Calculusx vs Legalwealth

That you said legalwealth has never recovered got me laughing out loud. Besides, it is less than 2 years ago(November, 2018) against over 4 years you exaggeratedly said.

On a serious note; I, legalwealth later bought Lexus Es 350 2010 after that 2007 the dealer used cement to patch caused issue and was returned to him grin.

I also have foreign used Lexus Es 350 2009 and 2012 for sale since last month though wink

Modified

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by weyreypey: 9:30am On Sep 28, 2020
Presegs:

grin grin grin

Calculusx Vs Legalwealth

That has never recovered got me laughing out loud.

On a serious note; I, legalwealth later bought Lexus Es 350 2010 after that 2007 the dealer used cement to patch grin. I also have foreign used Lexus Es 350 2009 and 2012 for sale since last month though wink
Are you legalwealth?

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by Presegs(m): 9:34am On Sep 28, 2020
shortgun:

Yes, lights will show when starting a vehicle.
In this case, not all the lights will illuminate.
The dealer only blocked the faulty lights, CEL and VSC.
ABS,OIL,BATT,TRANSMISSION, COOLANT..e.t.c were not blocked.

The VIN also checks out.

Sorry about your experience.

After VIN checks out, you ought to scan the car before and after test running it without forgetting to inspect necessary things physically.

Hope you also confirmed its customs duty not to be a forged/faked one or an underpaid genuine one. I have this useful thread regarding checking and confirming customs duty => https://www.nairaland.com/5762253/how-verify-custom-duty-car
Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by Presegs(m): 9:48am On Sep 28, 2020
promotervickky:

I told people about this thing dubious dealers do to Customers, they were against me, as they are the same people who finalise these things or something, these people would always be on my tail on every topic.

I am bringing light please

grin grin grin

Why won't they say you are legalwealth when that was what made them hate and be ganging up against him.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by Presegs(m): 9:53am On Sep 28, 2020
diportivo:

tunde ......sufry na grin

anyways,ta lo njeun t'aja njuru??

won wa eran oniwo,werey igbin nyoju undecided

person wey never get candle wan on light grin

olobe undecided

e go catch am angry

someone here swore for the person that sold him car with fake duty....and the dealers car lot got burnt cry

by virtue of that,I believe in the curses of ur cousin wrecking havoc cheesy

Di pot hole my brother from another hole.

This depression is too much on you and turning to mental case already Ooo cool. Check nearby psychiatric hospital; you know I like you despite your kolomental issue.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by Presegs(m): 9:57am On Sep 28, 2020
weyreypey:

Are you legalwealth?

You couldn't read nor interpret what you quoted?
Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by promotervickky(m): 10:08am On Sep 28, 2020
Presegs:

grin grin grin

Why won't they say you are legalwealth when that was what made them hate and be ganging up against him.

it's obviously Crazy, these people do not want another person to come into CarTalk and be Famous, they are always looking for the wrong in everything, they refuse people who say the truth, they twist people's word and make a mockery of it

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by BamBamK: 10:50am On Sep 28, 2020
diportivo:

tunde ......sufry na grin

anyways,ta lo njeun t'aja njuru??

won wa eran oniwo,werey igbin nyoju undecided

person wey never get candle wan on light grin

olobe undecided

e go catch am angry

someone here swore for the person that sold him car with fake duty....and the dealers car lot got burnt cry

by virtue of that,I believe in the curses of ur cousin wrecking havoc cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by Presegs(m): 10:53am On Sep 28, 2020
promotervickky:

it's obviously Crazy, these people do not want another person to come into CarTalk and be Famous, they are always looking for the wrong in everything, they refuse people who tell the truth, they twist people's word and make a mockery of it

It is not their fault though; chronic low self-esteem is their no. 1 problem, but they will be alright at the end of it all.

Gazzuzz mobilised his dogs boys to bring me, legalwealth down for no reason, but they failed woefully and will continue failing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by Presegs(m): 11:05am On Sep 28, 2020
promotervickky:

it's obviously Crazy, these people do not want another person to come into CarTalk and be Famous, they are always looking for the wrong in everything, they refuse people who say the truth, they twist people's word and make a mockery of it

If you check this thread

Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine => https://www.nairaland.com/6143767/lets-share-knowledge-tpms-here#down I created few days ago, you will see that a moderator moved it to frontage but these people did whatever to make sure it was removed from frontpage.

I just laughed when I saw that they did; they don't know that they are only pulling their respective lives backward thinking they are doing me.

One of their alternate monikers that they have been using to troll me even came on the thread to spit usual nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by BamBamK: 11:09am On Sep 28, 2020
no na, no dey lie like that... u became a nuisance to everyone (yourself inclusive) the treatment given to u was a panacea

Presegs:

It is not their fault though; chronic low self-esteem is their no. 1 problem, but they will be alright at the end of it all.

Gazzuzz mobilised his dogs boys to bring me, legalwealth down for no reason, but they failed woefully and will continue failing.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by Presegs(m): 11:11am On Sep 28, 2020
The same one of the alternate monikers they use also came on my other thread >> https://www.nairaland.com/6132972/important-reason-shouldnt-switching-hazard created a few days ago to display as usual.

Gazzuzz, if you don't desist from being a green snake on this forum, you will turn out to be like a snake that passed through rock.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by Presegs(m): 11:14am On Sep 28, 2020
BamBamK:
no na, no dey lie like that... u became a nuisance to everyone (yourself inclusive) the treatment given to u was a panacea

You, one of the alternate monikers have shown grin

Why are you scared to use your main moniker?

Chronic hypocrite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by promotervickky(m): 11:16am On Sep 28, 2020
shortgun:
Ok.
Let me share my experience today.
My cousin bought a Toyota Highlander like 6 months ago.
I was very mad with his choice of brand cos I am a die hard Benz person..for me it's Benz or nothing.
He later brought the vehicle to receive my blessings.
After enough booze to celebrate his first car,I forgave him for going against my advice grin
I inspected the vehicle and everything was in place..it was neat and stable.
I congratulated him and wished him well.

After like a month he started to call me for one issue or the other about the vehicle.

I wanted to tell him...I told you so; but as senior man wey I be,I was always there for him.
The vehicle have been having various problems AC, suspension,loss of acceleration, bad plugs, ignition coils e.t.c

Today he called that the vehicle can't rev past 2000rpm, I asked him if the check engine light is showing and he said NO.
After my activities for the day, I took the highlander for a test drive and confirmed what he told me on phone.
I took it to a mechanic workshop and they plugged a scanner..the vehicle was having numerous problems yet the check engine light was not showing.

I told them something was wrong.
I told them to dismantle the intrustment cluster.
After the dismantling the instrument cluster, we discovered that the dealer he bought the vehicle from blocked the check light with cellophane and black insulation tape, preventing the check light and other fault lights from illuminating...I was furious.

This is just wickedness of the highest order.
How do people like these sleep in the night?
My cousin have been swearing for the dealer for 2 hrs straight on phone grin grin grin
I guess you have to dismantle instrument cluster (dashboard) these days before buying a vehicle in this country cheesy

OP, these people are confusing you here!!!!!!!

Jesus!! Didn't you tell them the engine light was covered by the cellophine? Didn't you hear their response? Did they told you sorry on behalf of the dealer that wronged you? Can't you see that these people are the same people?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by promotervickky(m): 11:22am On Sep 28, 2020
Presegs:

If you check this thread

Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine => https://www.nairaland.com/6143767/lets-share-knowledge-tpms-here#down I created few days ago, you will see that a moderator moved it to frontage but these people did whatever to make sure it was removed from frontpage.

I just laughed when I saw that they did; they don't know that they are only pulling their respective lives backward thinking they are doing me.

One of their alternate monikers that they have been using to troll me even came on the thread to spit usual nonsense.

They are really the BCD you talked about, these people are really leaving evidences of what they do!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by Presegs(m): 11:26am On Sep 28, 2020
promotervickky:

OP, these people are confusing you here!!!!!!!

Jesus!! Didn't you tell them the engine light was covered by the cellophine? Didn't you hear their response? Did they told you sorry on behalf of the dealer that wronged you? Can't you see that these people are the same people?

grin grin grin

That is how they do; they try covering up their fellow dubious people and could as well go as far as ridiculing anyone that complaints.

No wonder their fellow dubious calculusx could boastfully tell me "go and complain; I will become more popular" back then when I told him I will open thread on nairaland against him if he wasn't ready to responsibly resolve the issue of the lemon lexus he sold to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by Presegs(m): 11:30am On Sep 28, 2020
promotervickky:

They are really the BCD you talked about, these people are really leaving evidences of what they do!

Didn't you see how they were behaving on the thread titled

GCD Vs BCD; Can They Ever Be On The Same Book Page? >> https://www.nairaland.com/6130857/gcd-vs-bcd-ever-same

out of guilty conscience because it was revealing who they are.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by promotervickky(m): 11:32am On Sep 28, 2020
Presegs:

Didn't you see how they were behaving on the thread titled

GCD Vs BCD; Can They Ever Be On The Same Book Page? >> https://www.nairaland.com/6130857/gcd-vs-bcd-ever-same

out of guilty conscience because it was revealing who they are.

True o

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by promotervickky(m): 11:35am On Sep 28, 2020
Lovely people of Nairaland Autosection and CarTalk, its time to stand for something, don't allow anyone here intimidate you on top of your money!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by BamBamK: 1:10pm On Sep 28, 2020
heheheheheheheh.... this is me... i'm no one's alternate... unlike u, i don't own ronkus and others

Presegs:

Chronic hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by Presegs(m): 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2020
BamBamK:
heheheheheheheh.... this is me... i'm no one's alternate... unlike u, i don't own ronkus and others

grin grin grin

Keep deceiving yourself as usual.
Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by asamwababy: 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2020
If only calculux could turn back the hands of time.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by weyreypey: 1:59pm On Sep 28, 2020
asamwababy:
If only calculux could turn back the hands of time.

If only calculux knew this prophet was involved...

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by BamBamK: 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2020
last time , u said i'm Kingreign's clone, today na GAzzuzz, tomorrow go be Diportivo abi Nurey.... since u don cross 40 and u never get sense, e sure me say u no fit get d sense again till rapture happen

Presegs:

Chronic hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by Presegs(m): 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2020
BamBamK:
last time , u said i'm Kingreign's clone, today na GAzzuzz, tomorrow go be Diportivo abi Nurey.... since u don cross 40 and u never get sense, e sure me say u no fit get d sense again till rapture happen

grin

That big fat lie bolded is enough evidence that you are not only a chronic liar but a fabricator.

Nah today?

Not everyone will be like you

Kpele
Re: Beware Of Car Dealers by promotervickky(m): 3:24pm On Sep 28, 2020
shortgun:

Thanks for ur time sire.
I will update.

OP what you have been going through changing these parts I sense was done by the dealer who sold to your brother, the guy don change change tire! Finally he decided to cover the engine lights, I think the car is a lemon..a lot of people has worked on the Car before, best bet may be to change the engine.

Or it can be resolved by a good talented mechanic, it may come back again later!

OP, I just gave you a scope work with it or leave it, the money is still urs, (Flesh & Blood did not reveal this to me).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number / Jaguar XJ8 2006- Fix Going On @ Multiautolab / How Much Can I Get A Used Opel Calibra Engine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.