Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From (5396 Views)

Let's Share Our Ex Knacking Experiences / After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... / What Did You Learn From Acrimony? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by PeaceIlya: 7:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
ADRIAN88:
Una get time walahi... cry
And you had time to comment.mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by NobleSeed(m): 8:36pm On Sep 30, 2020
The film was somehow hilarious though
The guy no won hear say one thing one thing happen to him battery ooh. shocked
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by ADRIAN88(m): 11:21pm On Sep 30, 2020
PeaceIlya:
And you had time to comment.mtcheeew

I see you live right here in Ikoyi..
Hey neighbour!
Best bet we link up ASAP!

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by SteveOfu: 5:56am On Oct 01, 2020
I think every bloody person was at fault, ranging from the lady, her sisters and her husband, if u talk about patient that lady was patient for good 10yers sold off her mother's house which was part of her inheritance, went broke, worked double shift, just to make ends meet.

What did Robert do since they got married? He was focus on his inventions, sucking the lady dry, even when she asked him to get a job, all how focus was the invention,, which didnt make way easy it took a lot of years, she was patient and her patient ran into frustration, I think the guy would have made much effort, the ladys sister's also got frustrated about her situation and also talked her into the divorce, what did she know? she could not see the future.

10years was long for her and she wasn't having any more of it she singned the divorce, this her husband hooked up with his same ex which his wife and then gf caught him cheating with which she had an accident and lost her ovaries, unable to have kids for life, she assisted him in preaching his inventions and he got lucky, and got rich, he could have just appreciated her, but what did he do he got entangled with that same lady, that's the most annoying part, I think if he loved her he would have went back to her one more time, the and ask her back, when he made it.

What did Robert do? He went and gave her a cheque as pay off, when it was clear that the woman would have wanted him back, I felt he did not really loved her he just used her, she got angry didn't accept the cheque, she wanted him back, though she filled for divorce out of frustration it was clear she still loved him but he never wanted her back, he got married to that same lady he cheated on her with and started full filling all the promises he made to his wife to the other lady, after all her sacrifice for his future, what can be so annoying and frustrating than that, that's why she got into range and decided to kill them, it was such a tragedy she was the one who wind up dead

The movie annoyed me a lot.

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by HomerTimpson: 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2020
Jacqueline22:

You mean we should open church and start making more money
Naaah NO O GOD forbid...just forget lol grin
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by PeaceIlya: 6:36pm On Oct 01, 2020
ADRIAN88:

I see you live right here in Ikoyi..
Hey neighbour!
Best bet we link up ASAP!
I left yesterday to my parents place to spend the Independence day celebration. Happy new month.

1 Like

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by KAM3KAZI: 6:53pm On Oct 01, 2020
I'm not a person who sit down to watch movies a lot but I was able to watch the movie during the lock down.
Hat I learnt from the movie
1, Have something your passionate about and push it with everything you've got.
2, Don't forget people that helped and believe in you, even after they've switched sides.
3, Women can be fxcking dangerous

1 Like

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by PeaceIlya: 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2020
KAM3KAZI:
I'm not a person who sit down to watch movies a lot but I was able to watch the movie during the lock down.
Hat I learnt from the movie
1, Have something your passionate about and push it with everything you've got.
2, Don't forget people that helped and believe in you, even after they've switched sides.
3, Women can be fxcking dangerous
Men are deadly.
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by HomerTimpson: 10:41pm On Oct 01, 2020
PeaceIlya:
Men are deadly.
you don't need men na, a man is enough
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by KAM3KAZI: 10:52pm On Oct 01, 2020
PeaceIlya:
Men are deadly.
Lol, this is not a showdown

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by lavylilly: 10:18am On Oct 05, 2020
undecided
Ibunkun1:

Word!
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by OBelz(f): 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2020
kiss
HomerTimpson:
THANK YOU! The guy isn't GOD fearing but he's a good man in his marriage thou not to the standard but commendable. You see some people(guys) will never understand some stuffs like 1)they are the anchor of any relationship 2)to stay away from any unwanted relationship no matter the benefits that comes with it. The guy is an example of most average nigerian this days lol
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by lavylilly: 7:20am On Oct 28, 2020
NobleSeed:
The film was somehow hilarious though
The guy no won hear say one thing one thing happen to him battery ooh. shocked
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by baralatie(m): 7:52am On Oct 28, 2020
QuinModah:
Narcissistic abuse is one of the most horrific forms of abuse there is. It can quite easily be compared to torture as the narcissist will manipulate, lie, cheat, blame, shame, deny, give false information, and literally brain wash his victims and slowly cause them to doubt their own reality and completely lose their sense of self.

I was with a narcissist for 7 years and in the beginning he was so charming and unlike any guy I had dated. Over time he slowly began to change and I started feeling horrible. I knew something was wrong, but I couldn’t tell what. I felt like I could never make him happy, I woke up feeling guilty and I didn’t know why, I felt like I was walking on egg shells and didn’t want to upset him. By the time we ended up breaking up he had “gas-lighted” (brain washed) me so bad that I literally thought I was losing my mind and should check myself into a mental hospital. I could go on about this topic all day, but like I said, it is REAL and so very hard to get out of and hard to diagnose because the narcissist is very skilled at what he does.

As regards the topic
It's not always that way. There are healthy ways of ending relationships.

Having said that, there are no happy ways of ending a relationship when at least one of the involved persons wants it to remain as such. That generates frustration, grudges and other negative feelings that are hard to communicate and express in a friendly manner.

The most common case is that someone breaks up, or 'unfriends' the other, and that's hardly a mutual agreement. The other person tends to feel betrayed, stolen from, scammed, disappointed… and that leads very easily to anger.
For that movie there is no way a woman ca get past it.the end is determined

1 Like

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by baralatie(m): 7:53am On Oct 28, 2020
PeaceIlya:
Men are deadly.
Rather the film showed that a woman can be wicked

1 Like

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by baralatie(m): 8:00am On Oct 28, 2020
SteveOfu:
I think every bloody person was at fault, ranging from the lady, her sisters and her husband, if u talk about patient that lady was patient for good 10yers sold off her mother's house which was part of her inheritance, went broke, worked double shift, just to make ends meet.

What did Robert do since they got married? He was focus on his inventions, sucking the lady dry, even when she asked him to get a job, all how focus was the invention,, which didnt make way easy it took a lot of years, she was patient and her patient ran into frustration, I think the guy would have made much effort, the ladys sister's also got frustrated about her situation and also talked her into the divorce, what did she know? she could not see the future.

10years was long for her and she wasn't having any more of it she singned the divorce, this her husband hooked up with his same ex which his wife and then gf caught him cheating with which she had an accident and lost her ovaries, unable to have kids for life, she assisted him in preaching his inventions and he got lucky, and got rich, he could have just appreciated her, but what did he do he got entangled with that same lady, that's the most annoying part, I think if he loved her he would have went back to her one more time, the and ask her back, when he made it.

What did Robert do? He went and gave her a cheque as pay off, when it was clear that the woman would have wanted him back, I felt he did not really loved her he just used her, she got angry didn't accept the cheque, she wanted him back, though she filled for divorce out of frustration it was clear she still loved him but he never wanted her back, he got married to that same lady he cheated on her with and started full filling all the promises he made to his wife to the other lady, after all her sacrifice for his future, what can be so annoying and frustrating than that, that's why she got into range and decided to kill them, it was such a tragedy she was the one who wind up dead

Na lie o!
She got tired and went to court for a divorced because after 10 years he was a failure.she wanted $1.2 million dollars(which he did not have).He literarily became a bum sleeping on the streets.
Fourtunately the invention paid off and fetched him $150 million
He now paid her $1.2 million and got back her house and made her very comfortable(which he was not legally not even entitled to do) but for the love he had for her..he did it.

Concerning her marrying her again.There was nothing he could legally do on that subject.They had both moved on

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by PeaceIlya: 10:42am On Oct 30, 2020
wink
baralatie:

Na lie o!
She got tired and went to court for a divorced because after 10 years he was a failure.she wanted $1.2 million dollars(which he did not have).He literarily became a bum sleeping on the streets.
Fourtunately the invention paid off and fetched him $150 million
He now paid her $1.2 million and got back her house and made her very comfortable(which he was not legally not even entitled to do) but for the love he had for her..he did it.

Concerning her marrying her again.There was nothing he could legally do on that subject.They had both moved on
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by Emarvel(m): 1:36pm On Oct 30, 2020
SteveOfu:

Re-read what you wrote one more time.
Incase you have forgotten, let me remind.
When she brought the divorce papers, he begged her and cried, but she insisted that they have to part ways, knowing fully well that he had nothing with him, he was in penury, she still forced him out, tell me to go where? To go and leave in the slum,right?
She saw him in the restaurant washing plates, did she regret flinging him out? Hell No, she didn't. That was the life she prayed for him there after and he was living the regrettable life already.
You said he cheated,fine he was young buh didn't the woman hooked up with another guy too?
You said he shouldn't have hooked up with diana, are you aware that it was diana that brought him fortune and goodluck?
Who knows, maybe if he had broke up with mel earlier, his fortune would have come quicker

5 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by PerfectMatchNG: 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2020
cool
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by Sleepaway(f): 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2020
Karleb:
The movie was deliberately made to be controversial to make money.

Mission was accomplished and I was entertained.

If you wish to blame anyone, it should be the director.
smart�

1 Like

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by QuinModah(f): 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2020
lipsrsealed
baralatie:

For that movie there is no way a woman ca get past it.the end is determined
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by bluskyee: 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2020
Higgies:
I've watched more complex and intriguing movies than acrimony lately.
please can you give me names
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by baralatie(m): 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2020
QuinModah:
lipsrsealed
imagine nau!
a woman piggy backed a man and his research for 10 years and lost her inheritance which is her house.she also spent $1.2 million in cash and not forgetting sex.
thenn when she divorces him
she heard and witnessed the same man earn $150 million dollars from that research .
not only that the man buys a yatch,top floor house and worst another woman is bunking the guy!

I don't know where the strength will come for some type of girls I know o!
we are talking about anger,regret,revenge,trauma all in one
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by ModestGal(f): 7:06pm On Nov 04, 2020
I didn't learn anything from that useless movie.

Anyway, theres nothing anyone can tell me for me not to blame the Useless, foolish,selfish husband.

I don't blame the sisters, friends, no one but that Oloshi man with rubbish battery. Hes very very selfish, manipulative. Well, each time I remember the movie,I get angry all over again at that useless man with his useless invention.

To those blaming her sisters, Think about it, what if shes your sister, will you allow her to continue to waste her fortune and everything on a useless man with useless invention for 10years?

To the director and writer of movie, don't let me catch you in any corner,I will beat the hell outta you
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by ezechi24(m): 7:12pm On Nov 04, 2020
[quote author=SteveOfu post=94488022]I think every bloody person was at fault, ranging from the lady, her sisters and her husband, if u talk about patient that lady was patient for good 10yers sold off her mother's house which was part of her inheritance, went broke, worked double shift, just to make ends meet.

The movie annoyed me a lot.[/quote

do you think the woman would have wanted him if he was still poor...or didn't you hear when she said he borrowed the suit he was wearing just to come beg her and that she wasn't interested?....please stop taking sides ..yes she was patient but she was tired of everything concerning the marriage becus she wasn't getting the dreams she was promised....if you love someone stick to their ideas so long its the right thing it will always click.
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by ModestGal(f): 7:16pm On Nov 04, 2020
[quote author=ezechi24 post=95691637][/quote]
Lol, stick for 18years
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by QuinModah(f): 7:47am On Dec 13, 2020
baralatie:

imagine nau!
a woman piggy backed a man and his research for 10 years and lost her inheritance which is her house.she also spent $1.2 million in cash and not forgetting sex.
thenn when she divorces him
she heard and witnessed the same man earn $150 million dollars from that research .
not only that the man buys a yatch,top floor house and worst another woman is bunking the guy!

I don't know where the strength will come for some type of girls I know o!
we are talking about anger,regret,revenge,trauma all in one
Oga shift but
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by PeaceIlya: 12:12pm On Dec 22, 2020
undecided
QuinModah:
Oga shift but
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by PeaceIlya: 8:51am On Mar 10, 2021
undecided
baralatie:

Rather the film showed that a woman can be wicked
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by baralatie(m): 9:31am On Mar 10, 2021
PeaceIlya:
undecided
I hope you watched the movie from beginning to end

1 Like

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by PeaceIlya: 9:43am On Mar 10, 2021
Yes did you?
baralatie:

I hope you watched the movie from beginning to end
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by baralatie(m): 11:08am On Mar 10, 2021
PeaceIlya:
Yes did you?
painful movie!

although it makes someone to at least to understand that some things are not worth the hastle

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Power Of Pussy! / African Women Are Beautiful Even Without Makeup (photos) / A Sister Seriously Needs Your Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.