Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? (65242 Views)

Jesus Resurrected body A Spiritual Body Or Spirit Body / 'jesus's Resurrection' A Topic That Exposes Jehovah Witness Organisation. / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (89) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Blabbermouth: 12:28am On Oct 20, 2020
haddeylium:
Yet, Wisdom is Justified by its works!

It's not enough to claimed to belong to a religion or to be a Christian. Jesus himself said : “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom (Matthew 7:16, 17)
Like counterfeit money, false religion has no real value such religion is actually harmful. True religion gives everlasting life while false religion leads to destruction.
Spot on.

How do we identify the true religion today?
That is a fool's question (I ain't calling you a fool though). The right question is - How do we identify a follower of Christ, or say a witness of Yahweh grin ?

Jesus said “By their fruits you will recognize them,” he said. “Every good tree produces fine fruit.” (Matthew 7:16, 17)
Yes! By their fruits, you will definitely recognize those that name the name of Christ.

In summary, true religion worshippers of Yahweh would be recognized by their beliefs and their conduct.
Fixed. Jesus didn't carry his cross and say - Dance behind me while I go. Y'all independently ought to carry your cross and follow him. Your daddy's works will not help you. If your GB made it to the kingdom of God, don't jubilate! They will not be the one to determine if you will make it.

What fruit does the true religion produce a Christian produce?
Fixed.

Mention those producing the fruit or practicing it
Love, Joy and Peace grin.

If you have been on this thread sharing your opinion, this is for you. keep the same energy and validate your belief cheesy
My belief never needed a validation.
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Kobojunkie: 12:29am On Oct 20, 2020
haddeylium:
I'll only focus on the topic here

"the bread that I will give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.” (John 6:51)
By this “will” we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all time.(Heb 10:10)

in view, Jesus sacrificed his human body as a payment of debt we owe in exchange for the eternal life Adam lost... Agreed?
So, Did he collect it back after his resurrection?
Where did Jesus Christ tell you that what He "sacrificed" on the cross was His body? shocked You folks keep making up more doctrines where Jesus Christ warned vehemently against doing such.
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Blabbermouth: 12:32am On Oct 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ said, ".... man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD THAT COMES OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD". Paul's opinion is just that until we have verified it against the word of God Himself. And, I believe, I have made myself severely clear when it comes to whose word matters in all of this. Please try to post where God Almighty, either directly through one of His old testament Prophets, or His own avatar, Jesus Christ, stated that the "natural body" is not qualified for eternity.
Lead the way first with what I asked you to do.
Tell us - how does a body that goes weak, fragile and useless with time, live for eternity?

You sounded like a primary
sorry, Nursery school kid when you compared 1,000 years with eternity. Look at that body at 1,000 years and compare it with what it was at year 0.
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Kobojunkie: 12:34am On Oct 20, 2020
haddeylium:
Yet, Wisdom is Justified by its works!It's not enough to claimed to belong to a religion or to be a Christian. Jesus himself said : “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom (Matthew 7:16, 17)
Like counterfeit money, false religion has no real value such religion is actually harmful. True religion gives everlasting life while false religion leads to destruction.
Jesus said “By their fruits you will recognize them,” he said. “Every good tree produces fine fruit.” (Matthew 7:16, 17)
In summary, true religion would be recognized by their beliefs and their conduct.
What fruit does the true religion produce?

If you have been on this thread sharing your opinion, this is for you. keep the same energy and validate your belief cheesy
Cc: Blabbermouth,Kobojunkie, livingchrist, Ihedinobi3
Religion ke? I thought what mattered more than anything is the Truth of God?
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Kobojunkie: 12:40am On Oct 20, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Lead the way first with what I asked you to do.
Tell us - how does a body that goes weak, fragile and useless with time, live for eternity?

You sounded like a primary
sorry, Nursery school kid when you compared 1,000 years with eternity. Look at that body at 1,000 years and compare it with what it was at year 0.
Again, I am not asking for your opinion because as far as God and the things of God are concerned, your thoughts mean nothing. What I need is God's own word declaring that indeed, the "natural body" He made and declared "good" from the beginning is not worthy of His gift of eternal life and so would need to be rebuilt/remade/replaced.... where does God state this? Where does Jesus Christ suggest this to be the case?
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by DappaD: 12:41am On Oct 20, 2020

haddeylium:

Yet, Wisdom is Justified by its works!

It's not enough to claimed to belong to a religion or to be a Christian. Jesus himself said : “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom (Matthew 7:16, 17)

In summary, true religion would be recognized by their beliefs and their conduct.

What fruit does the true religion produce?

...and the effects of it are clearly seen in society today.

Several religious books claim to be divinely inspired. But when it comes to the Bible, the divine wisdom and practical knowledge portrayed in it has sets it aside from other so-called holy books as being the ONLY inspired Book of the true God.(2Timothy 3:16)

Several people claim to be pathways to a divine Being or God. But when it comes to Jesus Christ, who made a similar claim(John 14:6), it's evident that his teachings have had real impact on his true disciples which yielded fine fruits—therefore rubbishing the claims of others who make a similar claim.

Perhaps people must have thought that Jesus was being close-minded when he said it was only through him that one could access God.(John 14:6) Korah, Dathan, Abiram in the days of Moses claimed that God had spoken through them too. What was the end result? (Numbers 16:1-50)
Or some might be like Pontius Pilate who believed that truth was relative—so they think that whatever one source(in this case, the Bible) says can't be taken for the whole truth.(John 18:38)

Today, Jehovah's Witnesses have made a similar claim to be the only true religion. But is that out of the ordinary or being close-minded? No.
After all the Israelites were the only nation on earth where true and acceptable worship was practised in the past. Outside Israel, no way to the true God. Waste of time.
Knowing that Jehovah's standards do not change(Malachi 3:6), how is it difficult to believe that he keeps a similar arrangement like in the past?
Only this time around it's not based on a geographical location.(John 4:24)

Knowing the true God is not a God of disorder(1Corinthians 14:33), He must have documented in his written Word, the Bible, the ways to identify those who are truly servants of Him.(Isaiah 2:2-4, Matthew 5:13-16, 24:14, John 13:34-35, 17:14-16, 18:36, 2Timothy 3:16 etc)

So it's left to every individual to use his power of reason to consider all the identifying factors and discern which group today is actually approved of the true God. Those who have taken the time to search out the true religion have found it to be Jehovah's Witnesses.(Isaiah 43:10-12)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by DappaD: 12:42am On Oct 20, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Fixed.

And how did you know it was you I had in mind? There's no other person on this thread, apart from you, is that it?
After all when you go about maligning JWs you don't see anyone correcting you.
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Blabbermouth: 12:45am On Oct 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Again, I am not asking for your opinion because as far as God and the things of God are concerned, your thoughts mean nothing. What I need is God's own word declaring that indeed, the "natural body" He made and declared "good" from the beginning is not worthy of His gift of eternal life and so would need to be rebuilt/remade/replaced.... where does God state this? Where does Jesus Christ suggest this to be the case?
Use the door then. I asked you a simple question, you dodged and started babbling about. If you want to eat the moi-moi, you have no choice than to open the ewé first.

Alright now, two can play the game.
Give me Jesus' own word that says that this your current natural body need no replacement or glorification, but will be used to live eternally in either heaven or on earth.

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Blabbermouth: 12:49am On Oct 20, 2020
DappaD:

And how did you know it was you I had in mind? There's no other person on this thread, apart from you, is that it?
Yea it was impersonal, I intentionally personalized it.

After all when you go about maligning JWs you don't see anyone correcting you.
When I never knew some kind of doctrines that you peddle, I've always watched from the sidelines and just waka pass.

If you correctly me truthfully, I will change. Worst case scenario, ego won't let me show it, but then, I go change.

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by DappaD: 12:51am On Oct 20, 2020
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Kobojunkie: 12:54am On Oct 20, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Use the door then. I asked you a simple question, you dodged and started babbling about. If you want to eat the moi-moi, you have no choice than to open the ewé first.

Alright now, two can play the game.
Give me Jesus' own word that says that this your current natural body need no replacement or glorification, but will be able to live eternally in either heaven or on earth.
Since, Jesus Christ never suggested in any way that this "natural body" was indeed weak and frail for 'eternity', why would He have been expected to broach such a topic to begin with?

Remember, the assumption that the "natural body" is not suitable for eternity is yours, and to this point, you have yet to show that it is even based on the word of God.
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by johnw47: 1:06am On Oct 20, 2020
haddeylium:

I'll only focus on the topic here

"the bread that I will give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.” (John 6:51)
By this “will” we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all time.(Heb 10:10)

in view, Jesus sacrificed his human body as a payment of debt we owe in exchange for the eternal life Adam lost... Agreed?

So, Did he collect it back after his resurrection?

Jesus had already been sacrificed, the debt has already been paid
raising His crucified body back to life, does not and cannot change that
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Blabbermouth: 1:07am On Oct 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Since, Jesus Christ never suggested in any way that this "natural body" was indeed weak and frail for 'eternity', why would He have been expected to broach such a topic to begin with?
I don't want your premises or conclusion. Give me Jesus' own words!

Remember, the assumption that the "natural body" is not suitable for eternity is yours, and to this point, you have yet to show that it is even based on the word of God.
The onus is on you. Give me Jesus' own words, not your assumption that since Jesus didn't say this or that, then bla bla bla bla is how it truly is.

For your mind, your approach is wise. Let that same approach dig into the scripture and tell us where Jesus said it is this current natural body that we will continue to use. grin

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Kobojunkie: 1:13am On Oct 20, 2020
Blabbermouth:

I don't want your premises or conclusion. Give me Jesus' own words!

The onus is on you. Give me Jesus' own words, not your assumption that since Jesus didn't say this or that, then bla bla bla bla is how it truly is.
I cannot give you what logically doesn't exist. Jesus Christ never suggested that the gift of eternity is not included for what you call the "natural body", and so logically, there was no word from Him on the matter. Given that Jesus Christ is the TRUTH of God, only that which He posits is Truth. That which He does not put forth is not His Truth.

Also, my conclusion was drawn from the fact that such a statement is indeed missing from Jesus Christ's own declarations as regards the gift He indeed has for those who believe in Him(regardless of whether they obey Him or not).

So, the onus remains on you to provide proof for your claim that eternity is not for the "natural body" which we have today and have had since the beginning when God made it.
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Blabbermouth: 1:20am On Oct 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I cannot give you what logically doesn't exist. Jesus Christ never suggested that the gift of eternity is not included for what you call the "natural body", and so logically, there was no word from Him on the matter. Given that Jesus Christ is the TRUTH of God, only that which He posits is Truth. That which He does not put forth is not His Truth.
Wow! I love you last sentences. " Only what Jesus posits is Truth".. Now nigga, show me where Jesus' own word posits eternal life for this current natural body.

Also, my conclusion was drawn from the fact that such a statement is indeed missing from Jesus Christ's own declarations as regards the gift He indeed has for those who believe in Him(regardless of whether they obey Him or not).
Story, story, story. You are not my Lord, I don't need your conclusion. Show me Jesus' own words, until you do so, your conclusion remains invalid and useless in this discussion.

So, the onus remains on you to provide proof for your claim that eternity is not for the "natural body" which we have today and have had since the beginning when God made it.
Onus, on me? Thou must be joking.

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Kobojunkie: 1:32am On Oct 20, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Wow! I love you last sentences. " Only what Jesus posits is Truth".. Now nigga, show me where Jesus' own word posits eternal life for this current natural body.

Story, story, story. You are not my Lord, I don't need your conclusion. Show me Jesus' own words, until you do so, your conclusion remains invalid and useless in this discussion.

Onus, on me? Thou must be joking.
What you are attempting to do here with your assertions about the "natural body", is akin to adding your words to the word of God...essentially putting words into God's mouth. Since God never said anything about the "natural body", which He created and declared 'good', being too weak and frail for His plan of eternity... why anyone would believe it to be so is beyond me!
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Blabbermouth: 1:59am On Oct 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What you are attempting to do here with your assertions about the "natural body", is akin to adding your words to the word of God...essentially putting words into God's mouth. Since God never said anything about the "natural body", which He created and declared 'good', being too weak and frail for His plan of eternity... why anyone would believe it to be so is beyond me!
Now, you've ended up in a close. grin
Next time, don't start what you can't finish.

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Kobojunkie: 2:05am On Oct 20, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Now, you've ended up in a close. grin
Next time, don't start what you can't finish.
OK
Time to rewind....
Depsui:
The reason why i said glorified body is that, He can live forever in His resurrected body which is not possible with the natural body.
How do you know it is not possible with the "natural" body though? When it was recorded that man lived almost 1000 years on earth, was it not in this same "natural" body that man did just that? If this "natural" body can indeed survive almost a thousand years, why not eternity? Basically, what makes it unsuitable for eternity? undecided
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by haddeylium(m): 2:08am On Oct 20, 2020
[quote author=Blabbermouth post=95113026]
Spot on.

That is a fool's question (I ain't calling you a fool though). The right question is - How do we identify a follower of Christ, or say a witness of Yahweh grin ?
Yes! By their fruits, you will definitely recognize those that name the name of Christ.

Let us consider one another so as to motivate to love and fine works, not forsaking our meeting together.”​—(Hebrews 10:24, 25,)
How can an independent religionist applied that?

Fixed. Jesus didn't carry his cross and say - Dance behind me while I go.
Jesus formed a group in is walk on Earth. He also showed that his disciples will form an organized group when he said
:“By this all will know that you are my disciples​—if you have love among yourselves.” (John 13:35)
They're identified by love among themselves ?
With this they'll form an association of brotherhood 1 Peter 2:​17

Love, Joy and Peace grin
is it possible for an imperfect human to singlehandedly cultivate all the fruitage of the spirit?
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by haddeylium(m): 2:14am On Oct 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Where did Jesus Christ tell you that what He "sacrificed" on the cross was His body? shocked You folks keep making up more doctrines where Jesus Christ warned vehemently against doing such.

This means my body, which is to be given in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me (Lk 22:19)

So, Did Jesus get his sacrificed body back after his resurrection?
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by haddeylium(m): 2:16am On Oct 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Religion ke? I thought what mattered more than anything is the Truth of God?

What distinguish Jesus' disciples from others then?
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by haddeylium(m): 2:17am On Oct 20, 2020
johnw47:

I agreed with you!
After Jesus sacrificed his body as a payment for the debt, did he get it back after his resurrection?
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by haddeylium(m): 2:32am On Oct 20, 2020
DappaD:

...and the effects of it are clearly seen in society today.

Several religious books claim to be divinely inspired. But when it comes to the Bible, the divine wisdom and practical knowledge portrayed in it has sets it aside from other so-called holy books as being the ONLY inspired Book of the true God.(2Timothy 3:16)

Several people claim to be pathways to a divine Being or God. But when it comes to Jesus Christ, who made a similar claim(John 14:6), it's evident that his teachings have had real impact on his true disciples which yielded fine fruits—therefore rubbishing the claims of others who make a similar claim.

Perhaps people must have thought that Jesus was being close-minded when he said it was only through him that one could access God.(John 14:6) Korah, Dathan, Abiram in the days of Moses claimed that God had spoken through them too. What was the end result? (Numbers 16:1-50)
Or some might be like Pontius Pilate who believed that truth was relative—so they think that whatever one source(in this case, the Bible) says can't be taken for the whole truth.(John 18:38)

Today, Jehovah's Witnesses have made a similar claim to be the only true religion. But is that out of the ordinary or being close-minded? No.
After all the Israelites were the only nation on earth where true and acceptable worship was practised in the past. Outside Israel, no way to the true God. Waste of time.
Knowing that Jehovah's standards do not change(Malachi 3:6), how is it difficult to believe that he keeps a similar arrangement like in the past?
Only this time around it's not based on a geographical location.(John 4:24)

Knowing the true God is not a God of disorder(1Corinthians 14:33), He must have documented in his written Word, the Bible, the ways to identify those who are truly servants of Him.(Isaiah 2:2-4, Matthew 5:13-16, 24:14, John 13:34-35, 17:14-16, 18:36, 2Timothy 3:16 etc)

So it's left to every individual to use his power of reason to consider all the identifying factors and discern which group today is actually approved of the true God. Those who have taken the time to search out the true religion have found it to be Jehovah's Witnesses.(Isaiah 43:10-12)

DappaD shows that there's only one truth .

He Identified the primary of the true Jesus disciples today.
He confirmed it in the midst of Jehovah's witnesses.

Don't avoid it.
What fruit does the true worshipper produce?

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Kobojunkie: 2:54am On Oct 20, 2020
haddeylium:
What distinguish Jesus' disciples from others then?
What I don't understand is why you continue to believe you should play the "US vs THEM" card here when, from where I sit, your tale doesn't seem any different from the tale spun by those who like to hate in this, as you also do not believe the words of Jesus Christ as far as this issue is concerned? undecided
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Kobojunkie: 3:04am On Oct 20, 2020
haddeylium:
By this “will” we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all time.(Heb 10:10) This means my body, which is to be given in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me (Lk 22:19)

So, Did Jesus get his sacrificed body back after his resurrection?

Let's first consider the context of the verse that you lifted from Luke 22 there.

Luke 22 vs 14-23 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14. And when the hour came, he reclined at table, and the apostles with him.
15. And he said to them, “I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.
16. For I tell you I will not eat it[b] until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.”
17. And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he said, “Take this, and divide it among yourselves.
18. For I tell you that from now on I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.”
19. And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”
20. And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.[c]
21. But behold, the hand of him who betrays me is with me on the table.
22. For the Son of Man goes as it has been determined, but woe to that man by whom he is betrayed!”
23. And they began to question one another, which of them it could be who was going to do this.
This event happened many hours before Jesus Christ was crucified on the cross. At least answer me this, since Jesus Christ said during the Passover dinner that the Bread represented His body, right before breaking it up and giving it to His disciples, pray tell, what body did He have to, afterwards, walk around with, and even get crucified on the cross with. Are we to assume His body was no longer whole after it was ingested by His disciples at the Passover dinner?

Stop pulling verses out of their original context to try to make it say whatever you want.
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by MuttleyLaff: 3:05am On Oct 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
How do you know it is not possible with the "natural" body though? When it was recorded that man lived almost 1000 years on earth, was it not in this same "natural" body that man did just that? If this "natural" body can indeed survive almost a thousand years, why not eternity? Basically, what makes it unsuitable for eternity? undecided

Blabbermouth:
Death! The day your guy Adam caused that kasala, your body and every other thing subjected to Adam has been on a constant decay slope. The decay process can be slow or can sometimes be fast, but one thing is sure, the end product is -Death!

If the natural body (I mean after Adam chopped the forbidden) was to live an eternity, it will continue decaying infinitely but never getting to the end - which is Death.
This is not a body befitting for the King of the earth who will reign forever.

If the natural body (Adam in his original state) was to live an eternity, it will live eternally on earth - it wasn't perfectly adapted for the heaven, yea, the heaven of heavens.

MuttleyLaff:
Madam confused.com has landed

Smh and Jesus wept.
I guess you're, sooner or later, next going to also say A&E are only figurative and not literal, hmm, lol?

"but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; for in the day that you eat of it, you will surely die.”"
- Genesis 2:17

When will you begin to stop all this half hearted nonsensical interpretation of bible text, huh? luvmijeje, you never cease to amaze me with your unthinkingly interpretation of bible tex.

Listen luv.mijeje watch and read this. OK, here's the thing about Genesis 2:17 above luv.mijeje. The "surely" part, is an important first keyword, it is all about guaranteeing something. It is God, with a strong sense of certainty, lol, giving His word about/over something, while the "die" part is a second significant keyword and the something, it's what being guaranteed that will happen if/when the fruit of the TKGE is taken to eat.

Look at you making a dog's right dinner of the whole of Genesis 3:22

You have at every level, corner, stop etcetera brutally butchered Genesis 3:22. You've made a right mess of Genesis 3:22 and spoiled the the interpretation with your unconvincing, unimpressive hermeneutic and poor taste eisegesis, smh.

Yes fyi luv.mijeje, in the original Hebrew text, where and/or when God said, "... thou shall surely die", the "surely die" comment, has the meaning, translated as "slow death", lmso, and the meaning, conveys, a sense and reality of gradually ceasing to be, lol. It is, as it were, merely stating emphatically and/or publicly, to A&E, that, the moment after eating, they will have a gradual fading and/or die away existence, lmso.

Now, true to God's words, the thing He particularly warned Adam about, happened when A&E ate the fruit, though spiritual death, first instantly happened. Oh, for your benefit luv.mijeje, sha.deyinka and others interested, spiritual death, simply means, the departure of man’s spirit from his body, leading to a separation of man and God (i.e. man no longer having "unmetered" c[b]ontact with God). I digress, back on track, true to God's promise, man did die. He died spiritually death first and physical death, is the end of the[/b] "slow death" Adam was told of. After A&E's spiritual death, the process of decline and deterioration kicked in. Everything, over time, will begin going down and/or looking south. At the end of the decline, deterioration, body organ failings, aging etcetera, lol comes and so, we have, an awaiting physical death.

Yep, it surely, as God warned and guaranteed, from spiritual death to physical death, is a slow death, indeed for man, lol. It was a slow, 930 years long, before Adam died, lol. The slow tick, tock, tick, tock, mortality clock came alive and started to tick tock tick tock from after the lunge at the fruit and subsequent eating of it. Thou shalt surely die, essentially is what man truly is doing and putting into good practice. Man, the second he is born, is dying. Is having a slow death, just as warned and/or promised by God that it will certainly happen, lmso

"If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you.
He will not rebuke you for asking.
"
- James 1:5

Look at coal calling snow black, lol. The joke is on you. What an irony.

Stop trying to make fetch happen

Capital YES. It was stealing, A&E didnt have God's permission to eat that fruit, they stole it.

Be fooling yourselg there, lol

I have tried using style to correct you, but you still are none the wiser. This is how and why you interpret the bible upside down, when you turn everything thing about it on its head. Now tell me, do you know how to tell Dinah apart from Leah, huh, madam oversabi?

What is the man's name and what is his daughter's name? If you couldnt get your facts right, you shouldnt be trusted with the bible alone. You dont know the understanding of the importance of telling the truth and not being disrespectful to God/Jesus

Here we go again, smh. You're unbalanced and unhinged. You have screws left loose and/or undone in your head, smh.

Do you see, how you repeatedly, you have been showing yourself up now, hmm luv.mijeje?

luv.mijeje, when an Artist is painting an image, does the likeness of the painting image, instantly or at once appear, or it is a gradual emerging appearance of the likeness that happens, lol? We are sketched in the image of the Godhead, but the likeness/resemblance to the Godhead progressing takes place slowly with every stroke of the Artist's painting brush lol. You wouldnt know anything about all this luv.mijeje, all you best at doing is slandering and calling everyone including God evil and a liar, lol

Smh. You dont know jackshit meme. I pity you.

"The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;"
- Psalm 24:1

Are you sane at all? Are you for real, hmm luv.mijeje? Does Psalm 24:1 above have any positive meaning to you, erhn?

Go siddon your smello self somewhere jor. The different between what the Israelite did and Boko-haram are:
1/ Boko-haram are a bunch of hypocrites, liars and ungodly lot. If "Western" or "non-Islamic" education really is a sin, why do Boko-haram make use of western innovations, technologies, luxuries, modern artifacts etcetera?
2/ The Israelite carried out judgement as per commanded by God, while Boko-haram carries out evil in the name of God and without being commanded by God

MuttleyLaff:
... Lastly, you should be familiar of this ''grain and straw'' or '''chicken/fish and bone'' message to Eve:
''You surely will not die!''
Is this message, an absolute truth or a pseudo truth statement?

MuttleyLaff:
Yes, in the original text when God said, thou shall surely die, the remark has the meaning translated as you will die a slow death, you definitely will begin the process of deterioration. Everything, over time, will begin going down and looking south. At the end of the deterioration and organ failings comes and awaits death.

The mortality clock came alive and started to tick from after the lunge at the fruit and subsequent eating of it

MuttleyLaff:
Wouldn't you without any attempt to lift the floorboards yourself want to know the sauce, pepper, ingredients, condiments and all

Fyi, the phrase “mowt tamut” in Hebrew, translated to English “you will surely die” in the original text, expresses, death in time and not an immediate death nor a sudden death. In other words, Adam & Eve would eventually die if/when they eat from the TKGE and that is exactly what happened. They progressively died.

Are you aware of the fact that one million cells in your body die every second. When all these takes their toil, is when the Grim Reaper shows up
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by johnw47: 5:26am On Oct 20, 2020
haddeylium:

I agreed with you!
After Jesus sacrificed his body as a payment for the debt, did he get it back after his resurrection?

oh duh confused one:

johnw47:

3 Likes

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by johnw47: 5:51am On Oct 20, 2020
haddeylium:

I agreed with you!

where did you agree with me

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by achorladey: 6:07am On Oct 20, 2020
Janosky:

You are just being dodgy.. Ask yourself who You're calling "LIAR".

The words of the Scriptures done change since you wrote that stuff?

According to your Screenshot post, "the more they made Jesus a LIAR, now you're on their side, Achorladey is Jesus Christ now lying?

Did your post that " Witnesses of Jesus their God Almighty" are LIARS agree with Jesus Christ @ John 20:17,30-31 , John 3:16-18?

grin grin

STOP this deceitful habit of projecting FALSE claim you're making here... "You're the one lost"
So typical of you..

Ask yourself who You're calling "LIAR".

I should ask myself grin grin grin grin who brought up the post? Janosky

Whose post did Janosky brought? Achorladey

Who did achorladey state they made a LIAR?

The same Janosky who brought up the post can't answer.

Janosky went ahead to ask, what is their FATE?

Janosky, who will decide their FATE? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:39am On Oct 20, 2020
I don't think there's any reason to argue over this issue.
If Jesus resurrected with the old body let all those who hold unto that work out something visible amongst themselves so that onlookers can see how benefitial their faith is {Matthew 5:13-16} and if Jesus' former body is no more let all those who hold unto that work out something visible so that onlookers can testify to the benefits of their faith. James 2:18-26

I lost interest in debates that's not yielding what is positive, it's clear now that only JWs have contrary opinion here so it's time to go and make use of our beliefs out there. Jesus promised that those who are doing his father's will have true faith. Therefore i think what everyone should be concerned about now is
who are those doing Jesus' father's will?
And is there any way people can notice the will when it's been done by the doers?
smiley
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Emusan(m): 6:52am On Oct 20, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

What makes you a real man is to face whoever insults you and pay such a person back in their own coin but it doesn't speak well of you to start insulting every member of a group simply because a member once insulted you!
Imagine a Buddhist just walk up to you and slapped you because a Churchgoer once slapped him and he noticed you're also going to church!
So please try to be liberal by facing whoever did such to you, i don't insult people, i only chat when you're ready to reason from the scriptures.

Here come the hypocrite again!

Your brothers insulted people, instead of you to rebuke them, you will go behind to hail them which means you give your support to their actions.

Now here comes the hypocrite pretending as if she didn't know anything.

Like I said, your frustration just started.

I'm waiting for your razor blade mouth.
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Emusan(m): 7:09am On Oct 20, 2020
Barristter07:
How can you contradict yourself in the same statement ?

First you claim Jesus ressurected a male ... next you quoted where he said At ressurection , those ressurected will be like angels. Sexless.

Olodo...where is the contradiction?

They didn't become ANGEL...go school you no gree!

After Adam and Eve ate the fruit, God said they have BECOME LIKE one of US. I guess to your tiny Brain Adam and Eve are now sexless since God is sexless.

Anyone having a share in first ressurection cannot be harmed by second death . So which ressurection Did those harmed have ??

The right question should have been, who are the one affected by the second death?

All believers cannot be affected by the second death

The second death is for "the coward, liars false prophets (JWs) e.t.c

The Greek word rendered Quickened means to make ALIVE. Will unbelievers be be ressurected ?

Is English now your problem bayii @red

Just as it has been your problem since onset.

You can keep asking.

Just tell us that Unbelievers are part of Paul's statement in that Romans. That's all.

If the throne is in heaven . God's kingdom rules from heaven. When Satan was casted to earth, the proclamation goes " now have come to pass the Kingdom of OUR GOD ... On this account be glad you heavens "

So how did flesh and blood manage to enter heaven where God's kingdom rules ??

And the same God's kingdom reaching to earth

How could flesh and blood live forever on paradise earth when they are flesh and blood

grin grin grin grin this is too much for you to handle ...

Believers flesh and bones

Unbelievers Flesh and bones too

Believers Incorruptible

Unbelievers Incorruptible body too

Where is the glorious body that unbelievers don't have?

Here it is from the horse mouth itself "In the Bible, the word translated as “resurrection” comes from the Greek a·naʹsta·sis, which means “raising up” or “standing up again.” A person who is resurrected is raised up from death and restored to life as the person he was before.​ — 1 Corinthians 15:12, 13.

Just so unfortunate that after your lying organization can say this, they still go ahead to claim some people became spirit beings at resurrection.

Like Jozzy4 go talk " You are dull "

You're just hiding under the delusion of your deluded brother, come out boldly you're man enough.

Brainwashed JWs!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (89) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads / Why Is TB Joshua Hiding In Mexico? / 'Pastor' Caught Burying Charm In Abia Ahead Of Crusade (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.