Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,930 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Grains Business (personal experienced) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Grains Business (personal experienced) (20536 Views)

Pls Come And Patronize My Grains Business At Cheap Price / Grains Business And Profit Analysis / ‘how To Preserve Beans, Grains Without Poisonous Chemicals’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:57am On Jun 14, 2021
Teetee777:

Yes, very good business but I will advice to start in December that's harvest time.
Garri 50 Congos is 20k, while 100 congo 40k
I don't know about red oil

Very nice thread, bro.

But please, confirm this again. In the front page, you said 1 Congo is about 10 cups of tin milk, and here, you're saying 50 Congos of garri is 20k... Scaling it down, using milk cup measurement, that's about 500 milk cups for 20k

Please, is that what you meant? Thanks
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 7:36am On Jun 14, 2021
Yampotatocarrot:

Very nice thread, bro.

But please, confirm this again. In the front page, you said 1 Congo is about 10 cups of tin milk, and here, you're saying 50 Congos of garri is 20k... Scaling it down, using milk cup measurement, that's about 500 milk cups for 20k

Please, is that what you meant? Thanks
Yes
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:38am On Jun 14, 2021
Teetee777:

Yes

Please, let's chat on Whatsapp. Thanks for your reply
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 3:59pm On Jun 14, 2021
For those who are calling me or chatting with me about the grains busines, I will give you one secret of the business and if you adhere to it, infarct you will enjoy it.

1. If you are interested in the grains business and you want to start, please prepare yourself till harvest time which are as follows;
a. Beans. Nov/Dec
b. Maize. Sep/Nov
c. Sorghurm. Nov/Dec
d. Rice. Oct/Dec
e. Egusi. Aug/Sep

2. If you're budgeting like 500k for the business, please sources for another 500k making 1million, reason is:

If you use that 500k for the market you want to sell, you will use the 500k for the same goods as a storage, by the time you finish your market, the one in the storage will come out for sales and replace the previous money you realise to buy another storage

3. Try to monitor the price of the market always includiing your local market and northern state price market because northern market are the big player, if their market price increase it will increase in southern market.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by matthew080: 12:44am On Jun 15, 2021
Bro do you buy in large quantities,or u buy Iike 10 or 5 bags Or how actually do u buy in particular. And how much is the transportation cost.

2 Likes

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by mutfad: 4:14pm On Jun 15, 2021
matthew080:
Bro do you buy in large quantities,or u buy Iike 10 or 5 bags Or how actually do u buy in particular. And how much is the transportation cost.

@Op , thump up for the pricelss information!
Kindly break down the transport aspect of this business.
Once again, you're doing great

1 Like

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by ib4ola(m): 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2021
[b][/b]
matthew080:
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 7:21am On Jun 16, 2021
matthew080:
I started from 3 bags but now more than 10bags from the market. I can't source for the grains at the same market, for example,

in Niger state, their drum beans, red sorghurm, egusi, rice are cheaper in their market,

while in Yobe state,their white beans are cheaper

also, taraba state, their maize and soya beans white sorghurm are cheaper

while Adamawa and Maiduguri has cheapest oloyin beans, maize etc

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 7:29am On Jun 16, 2021
mutfad:

Transportation to Southwest;

Niger state. 1k per bag

Yobe state. 1k per bag

Adamawa. 1k8 and 2k per bag

Taraba state to kano state is 1k2 while to Kaduna is 1k4,

Kano to south west is 1k2 in dawanau mrk while in dawakin along highway is 1k

Kaduna to south west is 1k in Mando Lagos garage

There is also Transportation to south west with less fare but I will not reveal it here because of the name of the truck involved.
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by matthew080: 11:33am On Jun 16, 2021
mutfad:

Guy if u are a God am sure u will never make a rain.
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by mutfad: 4:19pm On Jun 16, 2021
Teetee777:

Niger state. 1k per bag

Yobe state. 1k per bag

There is also Transportation to south west with less fare but I will not reveal it here because of the name of the truck involved.

Thanks a bunch
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Onlinefarmstore: 5:01pm On Jun 16, 2021
Teetee777:

Niger state. 1k per bag

Yobe state. 1k per bag

Op well done , welcome to the grains business. Before I start, let me give you a heads up to who I am before you criticize me, I have being following grains and agriculture in west Africa for five years I have visited all Nigerian states in agriculture and have contact to about five thousand farmers (a visit to my profile will tell you), and Instagram page @cheapmarketdeal or https://Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal

1. Beans Business: Not all beans could be gotten from one location, or price or grade. For example, you people in the south west eat a beans called oloyin (Banjara) or olotu (drum or Bornoje). It is import to note that beans from Maiduguri axis comes in a small made that is converted into a misdoings nag that is finally converted into the Lagos bag. The Maiduguri beans is gotten cheaply in Gala LGA in a market called Muna market, and we buy as much as six thousand bags from it yearly. But for the sake of your exposure, I will limit it to the market you have being to. In Yobe state, their is a market called Kasuwa Hatsi, in Filka emirate, the farmers their are my paddies. The market is every Wednesday to Friday, for those looking into live stock business Kasuwa Shanu is also your best bet. And for those for pepper business Kasuwa Gwari is your best bet in Potiskum.
i. Dawanu market: this market is located in Kano, I personally don’t believe Kano is cheaper because:
A. It’s for the big boys- lots of warehouses
B. Used for a collection point, for easy mobility
C. Most of my guys source for then from villages and take them to Kano.

Hatsi (Yobe): it is located in Potiskum, but its limited, op am not sure what you bought was oloyin beans as in Potiskum it’s difficult to get it, what you might have bought may be big brown beans otherwise known as iron brown. Their bag contains forty mudu of sixteen cups and thirteen of their bags gives you ten Lagos bags. Transport is usually lesser here.

Muna market (Brono): located in Gala LGA , in this market we fund some farmers and in return we buy their beans off them. Their bags is usually the smallest and their beans is made up A-grade best. Three of their bags gives you two Lagos bags.

Mutum Bui (Taraba): Op note in this market you will find more of white beans and majorly corns and their likes every Wednesday.

Deruwa (Taraba) : same as above but I think it’s every Friday.

Let me shock you in Miduguri we buy beans as low as fifteen thousand a bag

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 6:23pm On Jun 16, 2021
Onlinefarmstore:

Op well done , welcome to the grains business. Before I start, let me give you a heads up to who I am before you criticize me, I have being following grains and agriculture in west Africa for five years I have visited all Nigerian states in agriculture and have contact to about five thousand farmers (a visit to my profile will tell you), and Instagram page @cheapmarketdeal or https://Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal

1. Beans Business: Not all beans could be gotten from one location, or price or grade. For example, you people in the south west eat a beans called oloyin (Banjara) or olotu (drum or Bornoje). It is import to note that beans from Maiduguri axis comes in a small made that is converted into a misdoings nag that is finally converted into the Lagos bag. The Maiduguri beans is gotten cheaply in Gala LGA in a market called Muna market, and we buy as much as six thousand bags from it yearly. But for the sake of your exposure, I will limit it to the market you have being to. In Yobe state, their is a market called Kasuwa Hatsi, in Filka emirate, the farmers their are my paddies. The market is every Wednesday to Friday, for those looking into live stock business Kasuwa Shanu is also your best bet. And for those for pepper business Kasuwa Gwari is your best bet in Potiskum.
i. Dawanu market: this market is located in Kano, I personally don’t believe Kano is cheaper because:

Hatsi (Yobe): it is located in Potiskum, but its limited, op am not sure what you bought was oloyin beans as in Potiskum it’s difficult to get it, what you might have bought may be big brown beans otherwise known as iron brown. Their bag contains forty mudu of sixteen cups and thirteen of their bags gives you ten Lagos bags. Transport is usually lesser here.

Muna market (Brono): located in Gala LGA , in this market we fund some farmers and in return we buy their beans off them. Their bags is usually the smallest and their beans is made up A-grade best. Three of their bags gives you two Lagos bags.

Mutum Bui (Taraba): Op note in this market you will find more of white beans and majorly corns and their likes every Wednesday.

You are my boss in this business, I need u to give me more information on Maiduguri because it is my next trip o
In fact next tomorrow, I am going to Yobe state for the white beans and livestock and after that is Maiduguri by God grace

4 Likes

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Onlinefarmstore: 8:12pm On Jun 16, 2021
Teetee777:

You are my boss in this business, I need u to give me more information on Maiduguri because it is my next trip o
In fact next tomorrow, I am going to Yobe state for the white beans and livestock and after that is Maiduguri by God grace

No go Maiduguri tomorrow. Buhari is coming so city go choke. Beans na 36k as of today from 26k last week
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Onlinefarmstore: 8:16pm On Jun 16, 2021
Teetee777:

In fact next tomorrow, I am going to Yobe state for the white beans and livestock and after
that is Maiduguri by God grace

It’s good to have a strategy before jumping up and down northern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by cayorday89(m): 9:10pm On Jun 16, 2021
Teetee777:

Yes, very good business but I will advice to start in December that's harvest time.
Garri 50 Congos is 20k, while 100 congo 40k
I don't know about red oil
Good work OP, is the garri also gotten in the north?
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 4:51am On Jun 17, 2021
cayorday89:

Good work OP, is the garri also gotten in the north?
No, south west
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by cayorday89(m): 9:16am On Jun 17, 2021
Teetee777:
No, south west
Okay sir
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by matthew080: 9:57am On Jun 17, 2021
My question
I don't indend having a shop
Can I buy from the north and sell on arrival to lagos markets to those who own a shops in The market,
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by jospepper(m): 4:13pm On Jun 17, 2021
Onlinefarmstore:

thank you very much for this information. May your path be prosperous.
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 4:53pm On Jun 17, 2021
matthew080:
My question
I don't indend having a shop
Can I buy from the north and sell on arrival to lagos markets to those who own a shops in The market,
Yes but discuss with them b4 the arrival of your grains, also make sure you know the price of the grains in northern states and compare it to local market prices.

1 Like

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by izi4lyf(m): 5:48pm On Jun 17, 2021
This is great and inspiring
Teetee777:

After I discovered that I have made no profit on the business, i decided to travelled to Kano to buy grains, b4 travelled I have known the in and out of the business, the measurement, the types of bag, the grade and types of grains and the prices of all grains in the market.

My journey to Kano, dawanau market

When I got to the market, infarct the market was so big and they have big warehouses were they stored grains.
I entered market and pricing those grains I was interested. In Kano state, they have two mudu, small and big mudu. The big mudu contains 16 cups of tin milk while small mudu contains 8 cups of tin milk.
The big mudu called tiers, so 40 tiers are in a bag of grains generally. I converted the tiers to our own Congo in Ibadan which is;
1 tiers =. 16 cups
40 tiers = 16 * 40 = 640 cups
Our own Congo is 10 cups
So 640 cups ÷ 10 cups = 64 Congos in a bag

After I got the calculation, and asked the price of grains, from there I realized that the price was very high than the price in Ibadan. I called sheriff and I explained everything to him, sheriff asked me to come to Niger state to check their price too.

My journey to Niger state

Before I got back to garage from dawanau market it was around 6pm , I entered Kaduna, from Kaduna I entered kotangora in the next day. When I got to kotangora I called sheriff, he came, we discussed, and he told me that we would go to market next day to check things.

Journey to kotangora changed my business profit

When we entered the market, the first thing I did then was that I checked their mudu with cup of tin milk and I realized that it was the same thing with our Congo in Ibadan. I saw very good rice and the price was very ok compared to our price in Ibadan, the Congo of rice in Ibadan then was 900 to 950 naira and the price of Congo in Niger is 500 naira, I told sheriff that let me buy rice first because I have calculated the profit and I would realized 300 to 350 naira on a Congo.
I got back home infarct the rice was hot cake for me and I make huge profit on it

Advantages
1. Going to the market by yourself, you will see different types of grain and select which one is ok in your local market

2. You will know the price of other grain in the market
3 you will know their measurement compare to your local market

Continue.....
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Onlinefarmstore: 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2021
jospepper:
thank you very much for this information. May your path be prosperous.

And yours too

1 Like

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by izi4lyf(m): 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2021
Is there warehousing service/facilities for storage?
Teetee777:
For those who are calling me or chatting with me about the grains busines, I will give you one secret of the business and if you adhere to it, infarct you will enjoy it.

1. If you are interested in the grains business and you want to start, please prepare yourself till harvest time which are as follows;
a. Beans. Nov/Dec
b. Maize. Sep/Nov
c. Sorghurm. Nov/Dec
d. Rice. Oct/Dec
e. Egusi. Aug/Sep

2. If you're budgeting like 500k for the business, please sources for another 500k making 1million, reason is:

If you use that 500k for the market you want to sell, you will use the 500k for the same goods as a storage, by the time you finish your market, the one in the storage will come out for sales and replace the previous money you realise to buy another storage

3. Try to monitor the price of the market always includiing your local market and northern state price market because northern market are the big player, if their market price increase it will increase in southern market.
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 6:28am On Jun 18, 2021
izi4lyf:
Is there warehousing service/facilities for storage?
You will provide the storage facilities for yourself, please don't let anybody provide the storage for you because it will lead to stories at the end of the day

2 Likes

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 6:36am On Jun 18, 2021
Some people are providing tutorial on how to do grains business with fees. Theory and practical are two different things. Why do you charge fees because you want to give information?

I will continue to update those market and states where you can get those grains in cheapest price. The only problem is, if you can take the risks because this life is risky itself, even Nigeria as a whole is a risky country. So doing business and taking Risk are two things that can never be separated

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by sayso: 10:25am On Jun 18, 2021
Onlinefarmstore:

And yours too
What is the price of iron beans in maidugri now?
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Onlinefarmstore: 11:16am On Jun 18, 2021
sayso:
What is the price of iron beans in maidugri now?

No white beans much in Maiduguri only brown of diff types
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by sayso: 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2021
Onlinefarmstore:

No white beans much in Maiduguri only brown of diff types
. Can you please list their prices for the brown beans.
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Onlinefarmstore: 4:29pm On Jun 18, 2021
sayso:
. Can you please list their prices for the brown beans.

This isn’t my topic but let me help out, but if you understand Maiduguri bag u will understand this price’s oloyin is 30k a bag and olotu is thirty three a bag
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by sayso: 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2021
Onlinefarmstore:

This isn’t my topic but let me help out, but if you understand Maiduguri bag u will understand this price’s oloyin is 30k a bag and olotu is thirty three a bag
. No i don't understand. Not either my thread. A little mathematical, what is the ratio of maiduguri bag to 100kg bag?

6 Likes

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by peacealways: 9:53pm On Jun 18, 2021
Very informative

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Plantain Sucker For Sell @ N40 Per Sucker / Nigeria Generates $35 Million From Hibiscus (zobo) Export In 9 Months- NAQS / Fish Farming Mustn't Be Catfish Alone, Explore Tilapia Farming In Fullest(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.