Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? (37300 Views)

Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? / Help! My Boss Is Taking Credit For My Work / Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by realtalk19: 10:34pm On Oct 11, 2020
Alexgman1:
You happen to have a well paid job where you earn close to #200,000 monthly but your boss is always angry, abusive, disrespectful, proud, impatient & provoking personality.
Will you endure and continue working for him and flexing ur fat salary every month or you will quit if you cant take it any longer?

It will get to a point the money wunt be able to sustain your sanity and peace of mind and then depression begins to set in. I will eventually take a long walk and never look back.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by anonimi: 10:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
Alexgman1:
You happen to have a well paid job where you earn close to #200,000 monthly but your boss is always angry, abusive, disrespectful, proud, impatient & provoking personality.
Will you endure and continue working for him and flexing ur fat salary every month or you will quit if you cant take it any longer?

Quit to go where and do what?
Become a politician and loot the treasury, while the suffer-head people applaud you for wrecking their lives?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2943664_wage_jpeg1488711c5349aed5f79f2e121e58b278

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3473732_salary_jpegb17a7eccd26afd09fff05feea950ccff

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8917100_file577ba0662c663_jpega75dd3288fc902ecf4fdad92b09e4783

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by yemre: 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2020
Bros, I had a similar experience. The ball is actually in your court but my piece of advise.,...
1. Try studying the man with the aim of winning him to your side (in my own case I did that thru his gf).

If that doesn't work....

2. Ensure you save up enough to start sth on the side such that your side hustle will give you sth substantial even if it's not up to 200k but make sure it's well over 100k.

3. Then, make yourself so valuable and plan your exit around the time you know the company will need you most. (Tho, they always claim no one is indispensable but replacing valuable staff is not always easy).

4. Write your boss a notice to quit and give him very short notice with a genuine excuse.

Also make sure your mind is made up so that promise of a payrise or better treatment will not appeal to you.

That way, he would realize his mistakes but would be too late to make amends.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by anonimi: 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2020
realtalk19:
It will get to a point the money wunt be able to sustain your sanity and peace of mind and then depression begins to set in. I will eventually take a long walk and never look back.

That is the real talk that you have just said ma. cheesy

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3473612_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3401521_cannoteatmoney_jpegaebb2a352ae295fc9aa7a61c24b4203c

2 Likes

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by realtalk19: 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2020
AuntRose:

I bet you haven't worked in a tensed environment where all you think of is to leave just for the peace of mind. Peace of mind is all that matters. Only Africans put money or pay above their happiness so I actually don't find your post surprising.

U just spoke my mind, some situations can't be solved by money

3 Likes

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Bhol28: 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2020
People saying 200k is not a well paid job might be deceiving u bro.Though some are earning far more than that but they are few,whereas millions are earning far less than that and several millions don't even have job so Think deep b4 deciding pls

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by realtalk19: 10:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
thesicilian:

In Africa family responsibilities come before peace of mind. Funny but true.

Not everyone can endure abuse and toxic situations. It can lead to depression,blood pressure or suicide

2 Likes

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by InvertedHammer: 10:42pm On Oct 11, 2020
Alexgman1:
/
Common insult.

/
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by flyca: 10:43pm On Oct 11, 2020
All the people shouting 200k is not a fat salary,do you know his educational qualifications and professional experiences?

4 Likes

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by realtalk19: 10:46pm On Oct 11, 2020
yemre:
Bros, I had a similar experience. The ball is actually in your court but my piece of advise.,...
1. Try studying the man with the aim of winning him to your side (in my own case I did that thru his gf).

If that doesn't work....

2. Ensure you save up enough to start sth on the side such that your side hustle will give you sth substantial even if it's not up to 200k but make sure it's well over 100k.

3. Then, make yourself so valuable and plan your exit around the time you know the company will need you most. (Tho, they always claim no one is indispensable but replacing valuable staff is not always easy).

4. Write your boss a notice to quit and give him very short notice with a genuine excuse.

Also make sure your mind is made up so that promise of a payrise or better treatment will not appeal to you.

That way, he would realize his mistakes but would be too late to make amends.

Exactly what I did at my last place of work. I felt relief for the first time In my 3yrs of working there.i got another one based on my experience at my former place of work with a reference from an official who knew me. All thanks to God

2 Likes

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by donPhill(m): 10:48pm On Oct 11, 2020
Emmypure:
200k and someone is calling it a well paid job, when your mates are earning more than 5m a month.
abeg find me 50k own make i take hold body na
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Yankee101: 10:48pm On Oct 11, 2020
You accept abuse because you think 200k is big
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by realtalk19: 10:51pm On Oct 11, 2020
anonimi:

That is the real talk that you have just said ma. cheesy

I experienced such recently so I can relate deeply. It took a lot of gut to resign without having another job in sight. I was loosing my mind and depressed already. The said place has lost 2 staff that replaced me after I left and the third just resumed just with in a space of 3 months. Not everyone can tolorate rubbish and insult.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by lyday60(m): 10:56pm On Oct 11, 2020
I am collecting 100k with a wife and two kids.
This life no balance ooooooo.
Anyhow I go manage the atmosphere till I got want I really want

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Calazoto: 10:57pm On Oct 11, 2020
Its just for short period, save and japa to start your personal business

Let's talk on WhatsApp if you're interested in an online side hustle using 5 powerful APPs on your smartphone.
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by mariahAngel(f): 10:59pm On Oct 11, 2020
thesicilian:
It is never a good idea to quit your job until you've found something better. 200k is not a fat salary by the way.

You had to throw that in... undecided
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by SmartPolician: 11:03pm On Oct 11, 2020
emrain:

Lol, how's 200k a fat salary? Omo. Smh.

What do you do and how much do you make?

1 Like

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Olumyyde(m): 11:03pm On Oct 11, 2020
lyday60:
I am collecting 100k with a wife and two kids.
This life no balance ooooooo.
Anyhow I go manage the atmosphere till I got want I really want
My brother, make we dey thank GOD
I collect a little above that with same size of family. By GOD'S grace, things will get better.

5 Likes

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 11, 2020
In all this the PRESIDENT of NIGERIA did not give one single speech or public address. Let that sink in.
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by blingxx(m): 11:08pm On Oct 11, 2020
Emmypure:
200k and someone is calling it a well paid job, when your mates are earning more than 5m a month.

"your mate".. This word have misled so many youths to their demise.. "your mate" who are they?... Pls change that mentality of yours sad angry

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 11, 2020
People here are saying 200k is small,
Okay ooo I lost my job due to covid 19,
Oya biko connect me to such job...
I will be thankful

3 Likes

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by fdigital(m): 11:11pm On Oct 11, 2020
After 2 months of working there, that man was
transferred to another branch. He was in a different LGA
from me. I was so grateful to God. For the remain one
month, I was happy doing the job. It is not easy working
under a mean boss.
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by samwash(m): 11:13pm On Oct 11, 2020
If I may ask, how many percentage of nigerians earn 200k & above? I mean not business men & traders. White college jobs.
If some nigerians begin to tell us their salary & years of experience, you will marvel.
Many large percentage of nigerians earn below 150k/month.
200k, fat salary or not the choice is yours.

5 Likes

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 11, 2020
Alexgman1:

It depends oo. If I have alternative source of income, I'll leave. If not, ill stay and desperately look for another job. When I get another one, I'll leave. Being broke is definitely not an option.

3 Likes

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by manikspears: 11:23pm On Oct 11, 2020
farem:

Why don't you regard the 200k as abuse allowance and endure till a better and dignified one comes on?

Bro you are the wisest person I have seen on Nairaland.

6 Likes

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Igboid: 11:24pm On Oct 11, 2020
Everyone is Dangote online, yet poverty full ground. More than 60% of the population live below poverty line.
How can someone say that 200k salary is not a big salary?
How much do they pay genuine and legit civil servants of all cadres from Teaching, to Health, and service sector?

OP. Don't let anyone deceive you, 200k is a big salary in Nigeria for genuine job. Endure the abuse , save up and only leave when you have enough savings to sustain you while you hunt for another job .

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 11, 2020
All these people in the comment section saying 200k is too small to come and be accepting insult. If you leave your job, they will not feed you. At least the 200k is feeding you. If you don't have where to sleep tomorrow, they are the same people that will ask you why you left your job. They will not give you where to stay.

If all these people can give you a job that will pay you same and there will be no insult, then let them give you. Not to come and be telling you 200k is small to be receiving insult.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by ksstroud: 11:29pm On Oct 11, 2020
Alexgman1:

200k and you called it a well paying job?
Well, whatever pay it's, human management is a prerequisite to going far in life. Manage whosoever happens to be your boss.
Be that as it may, a well paying job starts from 750k upward in this present Naija...
Anything below is just management..

3 Likes

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Theoutsider: 11:32pm On Oct 11, 2020
Alexgman1:

Can I ask you a question? Are you as good as you think you are at your job?
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Similoluwa12: 11:33pm On Oct 11, 2020
No matter what the oppression might be
No one might because of that leave that kind of paying job
Would stay and continuewith the job till next and better offer comes in
Then you move

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Are The Career Option For Biochemistry Graduate / CEO Blasts Security Guard For Sleeping On Duty (Photos) / Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.