Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake (56333 Views)

Our Shops Will Be Demolished Because Igbo Didn't Vote For APC — Alaba Shop Owner / Bashir Ahmad Attends Wedding Where People Didn't Wear Facemasks (Photos) / Salary: My Deputy Deliberately Embarrassing Me – Yahaya Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by zoedew: 12:12am On Oct 13, 2020
Judolisco:
He should thank his deputy governor for winning... Imagine d man teaming up with pdp's candidate

Look at the figures- Akeredolu would still have won.
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by Judolisco(m): 12:14am On Oct 13, 2020
zoedew:

Look at the figures- Akeredolu would still have won.
sure but it would have been close
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by zoedew: 12:45am On Oct 13, 2020
joefelin2345:
God bless you my brother. If Jagaban did 1/10th of what Awolowo did to Akintola, would Aketi have remained in APC. You removed somebody as Premier & you expected him to just be looking like mumu? In the way, Omoboriowo defeated Ajasin in the shadow election during the latter's second time bid yet he was denied that chance and was not even persuaded to step down. I recalled that when Chief Bola I've was asked to step down for Archdeacon Alayande (Chief Bola Ige's,) former tutor with the promise that Bola Ige would be given a Ministarial Appointment when UPN won Presidential election he told Awolowo in a plain language that he could not leave certainty for uncertainty. Aketi though a SAN should know that other people also know the Yoruba history like him. He should just allow the sleeping dog to lie down jejely. Was it not the same alignment that was recommended by Akintola in 1959 that APC now adopted in 2015 that made it to win the election? Aketi should therefore stop falsifying history.

The point is not having resigned as DepGov while contesting Agboola Judas Ajayi Iscariot is a dishonourable man.
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by antidisestablis: 12:47am On Oct 13, 2020
We didn' t vote for him in Akure south because some of us rejected his money and voted for candidate of our choice. Only God can save us in Nigeria because the election was marred with massive vote buying. Dibo ko sebe

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by zoedew: 12:48am On Oct 13, 2020
Judolisco:
sure but it would have been close
Certainly. The point is it would not have made any difference.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 12:57am On Oct 13, 2020
cpu2006:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/i-was-shocked-that-akure-people-turned-against-me-%25E2%2580%2595-akeredolu/amp/

When people in the country are suffering of poverty, you need to ask yourself did people actually come out and vote for you at all, your state has a population of 3.5 million less than 15% voted for you. Your state has 1.8 million registered voters and less than 20% of the registered voters voted for you a country of disgrace. The truth of the matter people in Nigeria do not want to vote in elections

Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by Denis1(m): 1:04am On Oct 13, 2020
How is APC still winning elections, in spite of the unjust governance from them.
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by speakout2015: 2:53am On Oct 13, 2020
You're on point bro. I lived in the East for more than 15 years; I can boldly say they CAN NEVER employ a non-indigene to their job. It's a clear indication that she controls the husband alot like a toy, imagine someone who still bears her father's name with her husband own...May Ondo state don't experience pain!

flokii:
Well Mr. Akeredolu, it's your own side of the story you shared, we haven't heard those of other parties involved. You have been accused severally of being a simp that take orders from his Igbo wife to favour Igbos over Ondo indigenes. A good example is the young ex Corper lady from Imo state who never lived in Ondo that you appointed as Special Assistant when legit Ondo born full ground. If that's not FOOLISHNESS then I don't know what else to call it, sorry for the language but it is what it is. That you are a governor today is because you are an indigene of Ondo, so don't insult other indigenes like yourself to please your wife and her relatives.

Now that you've won, we expect you to retrace your steps, make peace with your kinsmen and give Ondo people what is rightfully theirs. Igbos don't employ or give appointments to other tribes in Igboland so stop creating bad blood around and do what is right.
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by jaxxy(m): 3:10am On Oct 13, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Thank God he admitted defeat

Obviously due to the snake he rightly mentioned bt God saw him through.
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by friyina1(f): 3:11am On Oct 13, 2020
Na so e dey happen. Those wey know wetin dey de do the right thing, na those ones wey de hear rumors dey show demselves. Shebi Bubu no even win for Aso Villa.
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by OwenJesse27(m): 5:12am On Oct 13, 2020
Rugaria:

I stand by my comments... I'm urepentantly tribal on this because most of them leading the war againt aketi who posted here while the campaign was ongoing, continued to hamper on how igbos are influencing ondo politics through the governors wife. Dont take my words for it, go through related posts! Many of them! When she made a single youth Corp member of igbo extraction her assistant, simply because she was igbo, heavens were let loose. This beutiful woman was so villified you would think she killled somebody... This forum is littered with all sorts of unsavory attacks on the man and his wife for no justifiable reason other than for the wife's background... Now they have been totally out-muscled and all of a sudden, folks are againt tribalism. Yeye people...
U be yeye person I swr angry
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by Godfullsam(m): 5:51am On Oct 13, 2020
smallsmall:

Your ignorance is legendary!
Go and ask people on ground in Ondostate and they will tell you that the Governor concentrated all his reources in Akure, building new Roads and so many other infrastructure. Even the road that passes the front of the house of his back-stabbing Deputy, Eyitayo Jegede, was tarred by Aketi.

In response, he was thinking and expecting that the people of Akure will appreciate his contributions and development to their community and put that into consideration, in voting for him.
But obviously, they prefer to play "tribal politics" based on filial relationship and that made the Governor to feel disappointed because all those development in Akure, where done at the expense of other Communities that voted for him

Its a lesson, ingrates will always be ingrates.
Now is time to reward those Communities he neglected but who still went ahead to vote for him.
Show them appreciation with massive developement and let the Akure folks ask jegede to continue from where you stopped.
Its time everyone puth their Money where their Mouth is
. undecided

Everything about you is smallsmall, even your thinking faculty.

FYI Aketi only performed his duty as a governor. He is not doing any one any favour. He didn't develop akure with his pocket money
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by omoiyalayi(m): 6:36am On Oct 13, 2020
Na so abuja people refused to vote for buhari

E shock bihari too grin grin grin
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by BabaIbo: 6:42am On Oct 13, 2020
yemmight:
I am not sure he worked in Akure. That margin was massive.

He did, just that people always vote in the line of tribal and selfish interest.
His main opponent is from that area.
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by BabaIbo: 6:47am On Oct 13, 2020
speakout2015:
You're on point bro. I lived in the East for more than 15 years; I can boldly say they CAN NEVER employ a non-indigene to their job. It's a clear indication that she controls the husband alot like a toy, imagine someone who still bears her father's name with her husband own...May Ondo state don't experience pain!

Keep complaining, while she remains your First Lady for another term.
I'm glad Eyitayo did not win. If not, you and your likes will start going about disturbing non-indigenes.
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by BabaIbo: 6:50am On Oct 13, 2020
antidisestablis:
We didn' t vote for him in Akure south because some of us rejected his money and voted for candidate of our choice. Only God can save us in Nigeria because the election was marred with massive vote buying. Dibo ko sebe

And you think the other parties didn't spend?
It is a matter of who spent most.
I am happy he won because I know what you guys can do in term of disturbing non-indigenes if Eyi defeated him.
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by Dchampion65: 7:28am On Oct 13, 2020
kilonshele101:

inferiority complex at its peak.

was she the one that contested? did you see her picture in any of the campaign bill boards?

she left you people to follow a Yoruba man and changed her name into his name and you people shameless people see it as a great achievement.

you better stop embarrassing her with your stupidity, she's currently in her husband's house enjoying and celebrating victory with him.

You don't join talk with someone who reason with his anus

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by yemmight(m): 7:58am On Oct 13, 2020
BabaIbo:

He did, just that people always vote in the line of tribal and selfish interest.
His main opponent is from that area.

Understandable.
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by speakout2015: 8:20am On Oct 13, 2020
Am neither a supporter of Aketi nor Eyitayo..neither am I interested in their rubbish called politics in Nigeria...Point of corrections before you think everybody is like you, am a civil servant in Ondo state; and this very guy called your governor whom you all are praising has not paid us 6months salary...Keep saying your rubbish because you know how to talk..

BabaIbo:

Keep complaining, while she remains your First Lady for another term.
I'm glad Eyitayo did not win. If not, you and your likes will start going about disturbing non-indigenes.
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by Gengetiele: 8:27am On Oct 13, 2020
This Tinubu self...
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by Joguns(m): 8:28am On Oct 13, 2020
Please don't always quote out of context, endeavour to publish the whole truth. Your post is bias and not misinforming readers as regards the context of the entire video and conversation he had with Seun Okinbaloye: he said he had moved on and that it was inconsequential grieving over which zone didn't vote for him, that it was time to move Ondo state forward.
He didn't sound vengeful and bitter. Always post the entire video.
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by BabaIbo: 8:49am On Oct 13, 2020
speakout2015:
Am neither a supporter of Aketi nor Eyitayo..neither am I interested in their rubbish called politics in Nigeria...Point of corrections before you think everybody is like you, am a civil servant in Ondo state; and this very guy called your governor whom you all are praising has not paid us 6months salary...Keep saying your rubbish because you know how to talk..

Calm down, I know it is infuriating but I replied your previous comment not this epistle you just typed here.
BTW, there are other ways you can handle the issue.
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by speakout2015: 8:50am On Oct 13, 2020
It's fine.

BabaIbo:

Calm down, I know it is infuriating but I replied your previous comment not this epistle you just typed here.
BTW, there are other ways you can handle the issue.
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by Nyanabo(m): 8:55am On Oct 13, 2020
Nigerian politicians think voting for them is a favour not a civic responsibility. Tueh !
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by diplomat058(m): 9:45am On Oct 13, 2020
joefelin2345:
God bless you my brother. If Jagaban did 1/10th of what Awolowo did to Akintola, would Aketi have remained in APC. You removed somebody as Premier & you expected him to just be looking like mumu? In the way, Omoboriowo defeated Ajasin in the shadow election during the latter's second time bid yet he was denied that chance and was not even persuaded to step down. I recalled that when Chief Bola I've was asked to step down for Archdeacon Alayande (Chief Bola Ige's,) former tutor with the promise that Bola Ige would be given a Ministarial Appointment when UPN won Presidential election he told Awolowo in a plain language that he could not leave certainty for uncertainty. Aketi though a SAN should know that other people also know the Yoruba history like him. He should just allow the sleeping dog to lie down jejely. Was it not the same alignment that was recommended by Akintola in 1959 that APC now adopted in 2015 that made it to win the election? Aketi should therefore stop falsifying history.
Hey! I couldn't ignore this. What alignment model are you talking about? You mean Akintola Backstabbing Blueprint?
Then, the NPC was well known for politics of backwardness, religious fanaticism, dogmatic governance and unresponsive inwardwardness. Yea, I know all the three major parties were bigotic in one way or the other and only NCNC tried to save face with their fakeness of national consciousness, while their eyes were on controlling the whole South and becoming another NPC.
Still, Awo and the whole consensus of AG prefer a cooperative alliance with the NCNC and capturing of the dissent provinces in the North, to root out the retrogressive NPC from federal power. We all know how Northerners have held this country stagnant all these years. No eclipsing economic blueprints, social development programmes or viable policing and justice systems. All we have is a Nigerian extension of the Northern Almajiri system.
Akintola, an uncircumcised opportunist and unfilial anarchist sacrificed these great plans of Action Group and the NCNC to salvage Nigeria from this progressive wreckage, and then opt for an evil cooperation with Balewa and Ahmadu to backstab Awo and Action Group.
What did the intrusive alliance bring? Coup d' etats and military dictatorships that would last for another 40+ years. What is the APC Coalition Alliance currently bringing? Untold hardships and greater semblances of the crises of national cohesion and development that was witnessed in the 1960s.
Awo rightly saw into the future; unlike opportunistic Akintola and explorative self-gratificationistic Azikiwe, he saw into the future and never fancied an alliance with the NPC and their whole bunch of Northern conservative mullahs.
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by Killdemboth: 10:37am On Oct 13, 2020
Smooyis:

Was it the igbo that voted massively for aketi to win. I see that you are the tribal bigot here. You and your likes can never be pleased. Always showing inferiority complex shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Inferiority complex dwells inside you yorubas and funny enough you are always the first to label it on other.

Akeredolu was seen in bad light when he appointed a young lady from IMO state in Ondo state, everyone came hard on him, even here on Naitalaland a lot of you ugly looking yorubas discarded all his efforts and performances and predicted his losing all because of what? because of his wife the First Lady of Ondo State. The God of heaven saw through the conspiracy and blackmail and delivered victory to him. Igbo woman remains Ondo State First Lady for yet another 4 years. God is good!
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by Killdemboth: 10:50am On Oct 13, 2020
flokii:
Well Mr. Akeredolu, it's your own side of the story you shared, we haven't heard those of other parties involved. You have been accused severally of being a simp that take orders from his Igbo wife to favour Igbos over Ondo indigenes. A good example is the young ex Corper lady from Imo state who never lived in Ondo that you appointed as Special Assistant when legit Ondo born full ground. If that's not FOOLISHNESS then I don't know what else to call it, sorry for the language but it is what it is. That you are a governor today is because you are an indigene of Ondo, so don't insult other indigenes like yourself to please your wife and her relatives.

Now that you've won, we expect you to retrace your steps, make peace with your kinsmen and give Ondo people what is rightfully theirs. Igbos don't employ or give appointments to other tribes in Igboland so stop creating bad blood around and do what is right.
Only one appointment unleashed the tears all over you, you've not started crying, the Governor must do what's best for his state, if he feels an Igbo man or woman would give him the expertise he wants he will hire okay. Infrastructurally Akerwdolu has proven to be the best Governor Ondo has ever had. Man is working! If you are not from Ondo State FEM!!!
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by Smooyis(m): 10:52am On Oct 13, 2020
Killdemboth:

Inferiority complex dwells inside you yorubas and funny enough you are always the first to label it on other.

Akeredolu was seen in bad light when he appointed a young lady from IMO state in Ondo state, everyone came hard on him, even here on Naitalaland a lot of you ugly looking yorubas discarded all his efforts and performances and predicted his losing all because of what? because of his wife the First Lady of Ondo State. The God of heaven saw through the conspiracy and blackmail and delivered victory to him. Igbo woman remains Ondo State First Lady for yet another 4 years. God is good!

I laugh at your low level of thinking. Calling other people ugly just to make a point. We have no problem having her as our first lady and we are proud of her and believe she is proud of our heritage. It's not only akeredolu that is married to the ibos or other ethnic tribes, we have numerous of our brothers and sisters who are in that shoe and we don't discriminate them like you and some of your ilks do. Let's be reasonable for once. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by Killdemboth: 10:58am On Oct 13, 2020
speakout2015:

You lived in the East more than 15 years my ass. Orji Uzor Kalu appointed Hausas, Sullivan Chime appointed Yoruba, Obiano appointed too, Rochas appointed too, even the deputy Governor of Imo State wife is likely a Yoruba. Stop letting hate becloud your common sense. Igbos are God's own people you can't bring them down, not to your level. Never!
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by speakout2015: 11:06am On Oct 13, 2020
I believe you can address or quote my post without insulting me...I strongly believe for as much you can't open your mouth to insult your dad at home, kindly be careful please so that sudden woe would not befall you...However, I stand to be quoted again, Eastern part are NEVER friendly when it comes to appointing people from South or thereabout..Common sense knows this!

Killdemboth:

You lived in the East more than 15 years my ass. Orji Uzor Kalu appointed Hausas, Sullivan Chime appointed Yoruba, Obiano appointed too, Rochas appointed too, even the deputy Governor of Imo State wife is likely a Yoruba. Stop letting hate becloud your common sense. Igbos are God's own people you can't bring them down, not to your level. Never!
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by Killdemboth: 11:07am On Oct 13, 2020
Smooyis:

I laugh at your low level of thinking. Calling other people ugly just to make a point. We have no problem having her as our first lady and we are proud of her and believe she is proud of our heritage. It's not only akeredolu that is married to the ibos or other ethnic tribes, we have numerous of our brothers and sisters who are in that shoe and we don't discriminate them like you and some of your ilks do. Let's be reasonable for once. shocked shocked shocked

Shut you you guys are the chief of discrimination yet you were even considered for marriage, that's the annoying part. I for one cannot leave my pretty light skinned Igbo girls to go marry from Yoruba land or any other place for that matter, that doesn't mean I'm discriminating, it's all preference and choice. The actual discrimination is when you predict someone's loss in an election on the premise of him being married to a woman of another tribe, that's the discrimination and you Yorubas are notorious for that as we all saw here on Nairaland pre election era. Nothing you wan tell me.
Re: Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake by speakout2015: 11:08am On Oct 13, 2020
Am never suffering. To the glory of God, am doing very much good. You just simply display how senseless and stupid you are in quoting me!!!

Killdemboth:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Schools To Be Commissioned By Dino Melaye Burnt In Kogi. Photos / MC Oluomo Was Only Joking About 'iya Chukwudi' - Police PRO, Muyiwa Adejobi / FG Orders Immediate Closure Of Enrolment Activities At NIMC Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.