Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State (32830 Views)

Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja / Wike Bans Nightclubs, Prostitution In Port Harcourt / Wike Bans IPOB, Stanley Mgbere Declared Wanted, N50 Million Bounty Placed On Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by Sagefromtheeast: 8:20am On Oct 13, 2020
cdqyehyeh:
The protest exceed ending the so called SARS, It's about the gradual revolution of Nigeria.

Which is what they're actually afraid of.

1 Like

Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by protests: 8:21am On Oct 13, 2020
Truth ... I will say it.

Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by Thinkfree(m): 8:21am On Oct 13, 2020
chatinent:
It can't work.
it has worked
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by liljboy(m): 8:21am On Oct 13, 2020
chukel:
in your saner clime U.S. The way you guys come out to yap nonsense nauseats. Jobless people will always see a vocation protest. The Aisha Yesufu that has become an icon to you guys has corruption written all over her. You guys should probably read about the activities of her husband as NHIS boss.
get your facts rights... Who goes around with padded AK47 rmagazines during and not during a protest, are we at war? . What happened to side arms? What happens to trigger happy officers? No answer bah. You are quick to pick out aisha, she is no one's icon, the protesters has no leader, that's to show you how sick and tired the masses are.

1 Like

Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:23am On Oct 13, 2020
asanwafo:
When the revolution occurs, who will lead the country; Jesus Christ or Mohammed? Or is the leader coming from this crop of Nigerians we have now? Nwokem put on ur thinking cap na.
Don't be afraid, things can't get worse than they already are. There are still people who are good enough to lead this country to greatness. The only issue is that our present leaders will never give them a chance, that's why a revolution is needed in Nigeria, to change the status quo
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by g4gerald: 8:26am On Oct 13, 2020
Sulele04:

If only you had any sense of sympathy to human lives you wont have typed this TRASH.
I dont want to think you are one those hypocrites that pretend as if everything is all fine and well because they are being paid to do so.
If i could replace you with jimoh isiaka or the countless others would have lost their lives unjustly to these rougues called sars i wont hesitate for a second.
SPITS.
The person u quoted is right, I understand u're being emotional here, but the truth is dat SARS has ended nd further protest will only lead to more loss of lives, why waste more lives wen the battle is already won.
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by Poloyanabo2(m): 8:29am On Oct 13, 2020
kutchs:
I'm beginning to hate this Wike man. Sees himself as Lord, wonder what will happen if God punishes Nigeria with him as president. He'll be worse than Buhari and Mobutu.
Worst governor in the history of Rivers state.
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:29am On Oct 13, 2020
Miracle2020:
the police man that was killed today by the protesters, doesn't he have right to live?
SARS has already been ended,why are they still saying endsars?
How can you end what does not exist.?
The police man was killed by his colleague stray bullet I have the video in my phone.

1 Like

Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by liljboy(m): 8:32am On Oct 13, 2020
Sagefromtheeast:

Which is what they're actually afraid of.
truth is we can't continue to live like this, subjugated into inhumane treatments. Harassed and abused, the bare minimum of self servitude from people holding political posts is null and void. When you speak out they suppress you. For how long? How many deaths will it take till we know that too many people have died? How many years can some people exist before they're allowed to be free? - dolly parton

1 Like

Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by teebaxy(m): 8:33am On Oct 13, 2020
sammy329:
SARS has been disbanded, the president also said it, why are these MISCREANTS still shouting #Endsars. It seems some of them are having an intention of revolution, FG should just use force on these THUGS.

Protests is not needed again, why waste more lives. FG is too soft on these THUGS, by now I expect the DSS to have arrested 80% of the influencers fanning flames of war on twitter.
what is bad with revolution intention?
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by Kemistri4(m): 8:33am On Oct 13, 2020
Breezodah:

No Police man was killed by any protesters! Ge your facts straight! The stupid tyrants you are supporting came on the scene of a peaceful protest and started shooting sporadically! A bullet hit one of their own men so they are 120% at fault for his death! NO PROTESTER CARRIED OR CARRIES ARMS!

I am also shocked at how gullible you are appearing to be.
This same SARS has been being "Ended" by the IGP since 2017! Every Year consecutively since then, we have asked that they stop the tyrants from killing youths needlessly, and then the IGP will come out with some fake statement to that they have been "ended". The VERY NEXT DAY, they will kill innocent youths again! We are not falling for the same trick this time around!

If they have truly been ended by Sunday, WHY THE HECK DID THEY NOW KILL PEOPLE AGAIN YESTERDAY!!!! If you can't answer that, I suggest you go stand in line of a stray bullet, and then come back here and re-present this trash you've just said.

Exactly. #EndSARS is not just about ending SARS. It means

E- End police extortion
N- No more killing of citizens
D- Dont ruin our future
S- Stop intimidating youths
A- Arrest corrupt officers
R- Reform the police
S- SARS must end

Many people are saying SARS has been disbanded and I ask should that be the end?

What about the police, the military and other security agencies that still commit widespread human rights abuses?

Torture is illegal by Nigerian law, why is the police and army still using torture?

What about the many extra-judicial killings by the security agencies apart from SARS

Disbanding SARS is just treating the symptom of a disease while ignoring the root cause...

The entire security system must be overhauled. All security personnel must be made understand that they will not go free from rights violations. Until then these abuses will continue...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by sammy329(m): 8:37am On Oct 13, 2020
teebaxy:
what is bad with revolution intention?
Ordinary protest is one thing, but organising protest with the idea of revolution is high treason and that's totally illegal
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by ManOfCompetence(m): 8:48am On Oct 13, 2020
dukeprince50:
Nigeria is already sitting on a time bomb, the reason for protest has been addressed and the voice of the masses has been heard, any form of agitation is not a protest again but a breach of peace
Honestly, I feel some unscrupulous elements are taking advantage of the situation for their selfish interest.....eg sowore...
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by FlashDboy: 8:50am On Oct 13, 2020
Emmyloaded:
https://twitter.com/GovWike/status/1315773169719013376?s=19

It seems the Edos are the only ones that can actually say something, mean it and do it. Damm, those guys are baddas niggar !!! Just look at how they are waking up everyone across Nigeria to take their destiny in their own hands.

But while were they quite all this while? Anyways, nice one from the Edos... Brave and strong men.

I think they actually started this protest before other states had to join.
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by RosyIsBlessed: 8:51am On Oct 13, 2020
chatinent:
It can't work.

It's already working. Even before now rivers state didn't partake in the protest how much more now the sars has been banned.
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by universe26(m): 8:53am On Oct 13, 2020
Emperor Wike has spoken! all hail the emperor!
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by chipet67(m): 8:53am On Oct 13, 2020
[s]
sammy329:
SARS has been disbanded, the president also said it, why are these MISCREANTS still shouting #Endsars. It seems some of them are having an intention of revolution, FG should just use force on these THUGS.

Protests is not needed again, why waste more lives. FG is too soft on these THUGS, by now I expect the DSS to have arrested 80% of the influencers fanning flames of war on twitter.
[/s]
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by jojomario(m): 8:54am On Oct 13, 2020
FunkyAlhaji2015:

Let us be sensible. The protest wanted SARS to end, that has been done. Mind you, this is first time the police is ending SARS, in the other years they only tried to reform it.

The protesters are coming up with fresh demands in the middle of the protest and expect the govt to honour them?? Its absurd.

The protest was staged on the wrong premise, it should have been reform the police not end SARS.
you are right tho. Reforming police can come next but the menace of the thugs in SARS must end immediately.

1 Like

Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by Dansuqi: 8:58am On Oct 13, 2020
Misterdhee1:

You actually think it's just about ending Sars right? Sleep dey worry you. The protests are exhibition of pent-up anger. Youths are tired of the status quo, and this endsars is just a perfect avenue to nail home their frustrations. And if those incompetent leaders want things to get really messy, they should start arresting those influencers like you advised. French revolution started with ordinary bread scarcity. It won't be business as usual.

And the French revolution produced dictator Napoleon
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by protests: 9:03am On Oct 13, 2020
Miracle2020:
the police man that was killed today by the protesters, doesn't he have right to live?
SARS has already been ended,why are they still saying endsars?
How can you end what does not exist.?

If you are older than 21, I pity your children.
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by BigBizzy(m): 9:11am On Oct 13, 2020
This one na talk...hahahaha men don already position for major protest #EndSars
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by Blackking98(m): 9:18am On Oct 13, 2020
PIMPAR:

You said provided it doesn't turn to violence. Do you still need to be told , similar protests have turned to violence in other parts of the country?
I wonder if most of you, reason before Una talk
Selected cases uncle.
We did our protest here in calabar yesterday and it was fun, no one got harrased or hurt. Because of selected cases of things going south you can't ban protest,Don't throw away the baby with the bath water.
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by berrystunn(m): 9:18am On Oct 13, 2020
sammy329:

Usu
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by ArcFresky(m): 9:23am On Oct 13, 2020
myBraine:
Just as he should.

Wherever we are situated in around the country, we should in our own little capacity tame the excesses of those people.

What about the excesses of the politicians?
Or the excess of hunger in the midst of plenty?
Have you tamed them?
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by Cyberl33t: 9:25am On Oct 13, 2020
Africonji:
Wike ma nigga. cool. No time for any nonsense protest in Rivers. Any violator should be shot, pronto.

Your children and your entire generation will be killed by the police bullet.

1 Like

Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by ojialo(m): 9:29am On Oct 13, 2020
Probably hoodlums will hijack the protest and start Killing and looting. Rivers strong grin
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by sammy329(m): 9:34am On Oct 13, 2020
angry

Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by Alexxyz: 9:40am On Oct 13, 2020
Good one because the aim had already been achieved by the effect of previous protest.
Emmyloaded:
https://twitter.com/GovWike/status/1315773169719013376?s=19
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by Tristandgreatez: 9:40am On Oct 13, 2020
[quote author=sammy329 post=94882788]SARS has been disbanded, the president also said it, why are these MISCREANTS still shouting #Endsars. It seems some of them are having an intention of revolution, FG should just use force on these THUGS.

My friend shut d Bleep up
Re: Wike Bans EndSARS Protest In Rivers State by Miracle2020: 10:13am On Oct 13, 2020
Farki:

You are clearly mad, protesters weren't carrying any weapons, he was shot by the police.
you are clearly a fool. I watched the video where other police men were running because of the firing power is coming from the protesters. If he was mistakenly shot by one of his colleague, why will the policemen be running?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dame Patience Jonathan Suffering From Cancer Of The Uterus - P.M News / "Fresh PDP, PDP First": Photo Of The New Factional PDP Secretariat In Asokoro / Sheikh Bello Yabo Mocks Buhari, Says Katsina Residents ‘stoned The Satan’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.