Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement (67267 Views)

Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation / Army Releases Video Of Encounter With Bandits In Southern Kaduna / Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by VaselineCrew: 9:04am On Oct 15, 2020
throwaway123456:

people are fighting for your right you are here complaining about road blockage, the fact you're alive today doesn't mean you can't be killed tomorrow by SARS officials. This fight is for all Nigerians.

The only reason they block the roads is because they know that's the only way govt will take them serious.

Protest started for days and govt didn't say anything about it. the moment they blocked toll gate for couple hours sanwolu started running around and making promises.

Your most likely among the generation that kept quiet and allow this rottenness to eat up Nigeria up to this point. If we don't put fire on this people Nothing will ever change.

It's a pity fellow Nigerians don't seem to get this and see protesters as the enemies

so what about those that will die in the road blockage?

is that just collateral damage?
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by DexterousOne(m): 9:06am On Oct 15, 2020
thesicilian:

There's nothing antipeople in this press release. Put yourself in the position of the head of the Nigerian Army. Would you fold your hands while hoodlums are running rampant? The press release doesn't say they are going to stop the protests, they're only warning "subversive elements and trouble makers" to beware.

The onus is now on the organizers of the protests to ensure that their activities remain peaceful.

So peaceful protest means hoodlums are running rampant

Lol
You people are just hilarious
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Thinkfree(m): 9:11am On Oct 15, 2020
manuelreports:
The worst they can do now is to shoot down one protester and the monster in the people will be unreached on them. Remember You cannever know the strength of the masses untill you provoke them beyond control. I bet them to try any nonsense and see the other side of Nigerians. At this point dying is no longer a threat to Nigeria Youth who have long been brutalised but before we go down the Soul of Nigeria will breed. Let them try Nonsense we are waiting.
you all are making noise forgetting the fact that it is only a fraction of Nigeria population that are protesting.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by FunkyAlhaji2015: 9:14am On Oct 15, 2020
SLAP44:

Why won't the army stay calm to defuse the situation with tact instead of making provocative statement in the heat of a looming crisis?

Southern masses have been provoked for too long and any small spark can set many things ablaze. The army has never issued any guidelines in the north east upon all the casualties they keep getting, it's in the south they will be acting superman.
The southern will cripple there economy with protest while the north continue to feed fat. What are you protesting now for?? I stay in Jos, I only read about protest online, it doesn't affect me. I go to work normally. The south alone cant do a revolution.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by omenka(m): 9:14am On Oct 15, 2020
wirinet:

Army used to quell riots in the US. Maybe you you decoder was showing CCTV, and since they were speaking Chinese, you thought they were talking of US instead of China.
Of course I know ignoramuses when see them.

So, where would you now shift your goalpost to after seeing the pictures below? These happened in China I suppose?

Like I said, you guys know absolutely nothing.

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Daddysidhan: 9:14am On Oct 15, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:
mumu, you Siddon for house dey make empty threat. small pikin no know snake, e dey call am tie.
The same snake has been biting boko haram and bandit in the north" what has been the effects? You guys can do nothing. You keep begging the northern terrorist with mansions and scholarship yet you threatening the southern peaceful protesters with violence. We are not scared any longer
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by colestephan86: 9:14am On Oct 15, 2020
sarrki:
PRESS RELEASE

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3096643707114600&id=354312648014400
And this is a subtle warning.
Plus what is it with this stupid Arabic characters on our army logo
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Daddysidhan: 9:18am On Oct 15, 2020
FunkyAlhaji2015:
The southern will cripple there economy with protest while the north continue to feed fat. What are you protesting now for?? I stay in Jos, I only read about protest online, it doesn't affect me. I go to work normally. The south alone cant do a revolution.
stupid talk the south can change it to restructuring protest
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by laidima88(m): 9:18am On Oct 15, 2020
Those of u clamouring for war even US won't come to your aid, have u heard the sound of armoured tank before.
U will jst get yourself killed and that doesnt stop buhari from finishing his tenure. We are running democracy in Nigeria and buhari hasn't defy any constitutional law.
DNT turn Nigeria to Syria .
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Originalsly: 9:18am On Oct 15, 2020
thesicilian:

There's nothing antipeople in this press release. Put yourself in the position of the head of the Nigerian Army. Would you fold your hands while hoodlums are running rampant? The press release doesn't say they are going to stop the protests, they're only warning "subversive elements and trouble makers" to beware.

The onus is now on the organizers of the protests to ensure that their activities remain peaceful.

There is everything anti people in the statement. Is this not a democratic country? If the answer is yes... then the military should not be involved in civilian matters. Law enforcement is for Police... not military.... protests... whether peaceful or violent ..Police matter. If a State of Emergency is declared... then the military may be called in for enforcement. We are so messed up that we believe military are law enforcers like Police. The military need to shut up and stay clear of civilian matters... their job... defence of country.... let them focus on Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Excelinpages(m): 9:20am On Oct 15, 2020
The Nigerian army should be loyal to he nation and to the people not the president. He may be the commander in chief but the army should be loyal to the people.

This is so wrong from the army.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:21am On Oct 15, 2020
we will last resort to #EndNigeria

anyone who could not read the threatening message in that press release should go back and read again.

my only fear is make innocent citizens lose lives.
cultists and criminals are among the protesters to fume their own agenda.

if you are not a criminal, pls, protest with ur brain. when u see that things are getting twisted, retreat to your homes.

make dem no count u join the criminal scores.

we move. ✌

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by michoim(m): 9:23am On Oct 15, 2020
Correct
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Goldwine1(f): 9:24am On Oct 15, 2020
Young men of the Nigerian Army... Don't let them use you. This fight is for all youths in any ramifications wether military or civilian... Those old ogas cannot come out to shoot us... "How much Dem dey pay una self" . They keep sacrificing you people. You people should better give yourselves sense and join us... 'Diplomatically or outrightly is welcome o'...
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by omenka(m): 9:24am On Oct 15, 2020
Excelinpages:
The Nigerian army should be loyal to he nation and to the people not the president. He may be the commander in chief but the army should be loyal to the people.

This is so wrong from the army.
Do you people know what the title Commander IN CHIEF of the ARMED FORCES mean at all?

The armed forces SERVE AT THE PLEASURE OF THE PRESIDENT.

A ton of people condemning this statement are simply doing so out of politics. Even their so called hero of democracy did worse!

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by orgylover: 9:25am On Oct 15, 2020
state of emergency loading
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by wonder233: 9:26am On Oct 15, 2020
You are deceiving yourself you're part of something. You are part of nothing, you are just following the bandwagon. Are you capable of thinking for yourself or the crowd is thinking for you? This same time 2weeks ago, did police reform remotely occur to you? My friend get lost!
BadRadio:
shut up ! these protesters are youths like you. They left everything to make a statement for u and all u care about is a clear pathway that leads to your place of work. shame on u !!! I am ashamed to share desame country with u.

u even get underpaid @ ur place of work and u still have mouth to talk. Thunder fire u !!!
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by FunkyAlhaji2015: 9:27am On Oct 15, 2020
Daddysidhan:
stupid talk the south can change it to restructuring protest

Are such a child. What brings stupid into this?? Its a civil conversation. Grow up and learn how to argue based on points
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by cooltola(m): 9:28am On Oct 15, 2020
Nigeria Army what with your arabic handwriting? Me i no understand arabic.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by wonder233: 9:29am On Oct 15, 2020
The joke is on you. You are deceiving yourself you're part of something. You are part of nothing, you are just following the bandwagon. Are you capable of thinking for yourself or the crowd is thinking for you? This same time 2weeks ago, did police reform remotely occur to you?
Angelfrost:

Doesn't always work that way sir... Without extreme measures, your useless leaders won't take action!!!

You people don't know the kind of evil people y'all elected!!!

"My right to access public road"!!! I laugh at such naivety.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by wonder233: 9:33am On Oct 15, 2020
SARS has saved my life on two occasions: from robbers and from one-chance danfo. I support the reform for the bad eggs to be weeded out. Doesn't mean I should be denied my right to make a living. This crowd bullying of anyone who complains is the same bullying the bad eggs in SARS are doing, what is the difference?
okpalaAnambra:

U can only do your business when you're alive.. If they don't protest and sars kills u, will you be alive?
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by babamoha(m): 9:33am On Oct 15, 2020
NA is just creating unnecessary awareness since everyone is aware that they are toothless bulldog.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Angelfrost(m): 9:33am On Oct 15, 2020
wonder233:
The joke is on you. You are deceiving yourself you're part of something. You are part of nothing, you are just following the bandwagon. Are you capable of thinking for yourself or the crowd is thinking for you? This same time 2weeks ago, did police reform remotely occur to you?

You are the bigger joke! Your lame attempt at objectivity is part of a well-worn, boring, and overfed bandwagon!!!

Give over! You have said nothing!!!

Reform goes beyond empty words! Nigerian leaders have doled out enough empty words! Action is needed!!! Thank you!

I will neither read, nor respond any further... So, don't even bother replying.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by afroxyz: 9:34am On Oct 15, 2020
thesicilian:

It is not the job of the army to release statements. They should be neutral and stand aside until when invited by the govt to maintain order. But this army that has been politicised would not know tgat

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by hotseat: 9:35am On Oct 15, 2020
I see! This is why the government is sponsoring thugs to disrupt peaceful protesters in order to create an atmosphere of chaos so as to provide an avenue to draft in the army to quell it? Let it be known to the NA that mere brute force cannot break the will of the people to see a Nigeria that works for everyone.
NB: the country is sitting on a keg of gun powder and it requires just a slight scratch of a matchstick for it to burst into a conflagration of unimaginable proportion! NA, please don't worsen an already tensed situation!
My candid opinion, though.

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by wirinet(m): 9:35am On Oct 15, 2020
omenka:
Of course I know ignoramuses when see them.

So, where would you now shift your goalpost to after seeing the pictures below? These happened in China I suppose?

Like I said, you guys know absolutely nothing.

So National Guard is now the US army? National guard are trained for civilian operations that cannot be handled by regular Police. They are controlled by the state and not the federal government like the regular army.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by okpalaAnambra: 9:36am On Oct 15, 2020
wonder233:
SARS has saved my life on two occasions: from robbers and from one-chance danfo. I support the reform for the bad eggs to be weeded out. Doesn't mean I should be denied my right to make a living. This crowd bullying of anyone who complains is the same bullying the bad eggs in SARS are doing, what is the difference?
Stop pretending.. U have exposed yourself as an online paid sars agent.. Your days are up you demonic agents from the pit of hell, I cast u out to bottomless pit of hell
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by throwaway123456: 9:38am On Oct 15, 2020
VaselineCrew:

so what about those that will die in the road blockage?

is that just collateral damage?

which is why the govt should start showing actions immediately if they care about citizens, sanwolu posted a video of him briefing Buhari about the situation and the man was still laughing. This is not just a fight for endSARS, it's a fight for good governance in Nigeria.

na who dey alive dey go work. since we started this protest over 20 people have been killed and yet no resignation, no arrest, nothing has been done.

some of the people that died weren't even part of the protests like the young man in ogbomosho. That's the real definition of collateral damage
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Abia1stS0N: 9:39am On Oct 15, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Stop pretending.. U have exposed yourself as an online paid sars agent.. Your days are up you demonic agents from the pit of hell, I cast u out to bottomless pit of hell

Our Abia state is in shambles and you are here attacking people. Come let's discuss about our cursed backward shithole Abia state cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_eHbzBZPnA

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Hilaryosas(m): 9:40am On Oct 15, 2020
YOU MISSED OUT ON BITCOIN AND OTHER ONLINE BUSINESS
DON'T MISS OUT ON *CASH CHAIN INVESTMENT FORUM*

Nigeria has finally legalized the use of crypto currency as mean of exchange (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Tron, etc.)��
*And* we normally purchase Bitcoin with what you are ínvesting before bringing out a double outcome....
Whatsapp/Call:08167099802

*WE HAVE THE FOLLOWING PACKAGES*

```STUDENTS PACKAGE��```
20,000 TO EARN 40,000.
30,000 TO EARN 60,000.
AND ABOVE...
*(within 1 hour)*

```SALARY PACKAGE��```
70,000 TO EARN 140,000.
80,000 TO EARN 160,000.
AND ABOVE...
*(within 2 hours)*

```BUSINESS PACKAGE��```
150,000 TO EARN 300,000.
200,000 TO EARN 400,000.
300,000 TO EARN 600,000...
ETC.
*(Within 3 hours)*

*We use our company's hardware to mine on the Bitcoin before selling it to Bitcoin companies (Luno, AJ Venture, Patricia etc)*
*So with the profit realized from the sale of the Bitcoin will be used to credit the investor with his/her profit and still have our gain*

*GOD IS MY WITNESS IF I TELL YOU THAT YOU WILL NEVER REGRET INVESTING YOUR MONEY WITH US*
```Join our page via the whatsapp link```
https:///It51wCi5l7h63yImcJCkab
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by wonder233: 9:41am On Oct 15, 2020
SARS saved my life on two occasions from robbers and one-chance danfo. I support the protest for their reform to weed out bad eggs. Nowhere in my post did I say I didn't. You guys are quick to insult anyone who isn't emotive on the bandwagon. This kind of crowd bullying is exactly the same bullying we accuse the bad eggs in SARS of. We should be the change we want to see. You can't block the roads and say it's for the greater good.
fairheart:

Thought like this is the problem. What those on the street is demanding for, will help you, your children, and their children.
Those who cannot sacrifice for a better future today, will not have a better future tomorrow. Many of those on the street left their work too.
You are not the only person affected. People are trying to change a bad country, you are here talking about food.
It is a pity that your selfishness has consumed you. I hope you don't benefit from the country when it is finally changed for the better.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 15, 2020
Nigerian Army: "We are Mr President's Arse lickers and are shamelessly ready to do his dirty bidding".

There I shortened it for you. Don't don't need to read all that crap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Letter To Peter Obi By Meshack Katuka, Kaduna Ex Corper Who Served In Anambra / The Cars Yahaya Bello Wants To Use For Campaign (Photos) / Ahmad Lawan Announces Two Defections In Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.