Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement (67268 Views)

Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation / Army Releases Video Of Encounter With Bandits In Southern Kaduna / Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by wonder233: 9:46am On Oct 15, 2020
Empty words. I'm an uber driver. Check my posts pre this protests.
Let me leave you with this: same way the blood of the innocent person killed by the bad eggs in SARS will be on their heads, same way the blood of the asthmatic pregnant woman who was been rushed to the hospital by a fellow uber driver from Agidingbi and got stuck in traffic be on your head.
Angelfrost:

You are the bigger joke! Your lame attempt at objectivity is part of a well-worn, boring, and overfed bandwagon!!!

Give over! You have said nothing!!!

Reform goes beyond empty words! Nigerian leaders have doled out enough empty words! Action is needed!!! Thank you!

I will neither read, nor respond any further... So, don't even bother replying.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Shadysen: 9:47am On Oct 15, 2020
Always making noise when it comes to civilian's Matter meanwhile boko boys are anxiously waiting for them.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by euniselfyahoo: 9:47am On Oct 15, 2020
The NA should leave the protesters alone. No body is breaking law here.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by oruma19: 9:50am On Oct 15, 2020
Army is loyal to the president and not the people of Nigeria? Now I can confirm this people be complete mumu
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Nosaghae(m): 9:50am On Oct 15, 2020
FarahAideed:

If you can't see the message in the message then you are naive
You dey mind that mofo?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by wonder233: 9:51am On Oct 15, 2020
Since we are now making curses: same way the blood of the innocent person killed by the bad eggs in SARS will be on their heads. Same way the blood of the asthmatic pregnant woman who was been rushed to the hospital by an uber driver from agidingbi be on your head that blocked the road that made it impossible for her to get help and died.
okpalaAnambra:

Stop pretending.. U have exposed yourself as an online paid sars agent.. Your days are up you demonic agents from the pit of hell, I cast u out to bottomless pit of hell
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Angy55(f): 9:54am On Oct 15, 2020
thesicilian:

There's nothing antipeople in this press release. Put yourself in the position of the head of the Nigerian Army. Would you fold your hands while hoodlums are running rampant? The press release doesn't say they are going to stop the protests, they're only warning "subversive elements and trouble makers" to beware.

The onus is now on the organizers of the protests to ensure that their activities remain peaceful.

They should go and defeat bokoharam first before they deal with peaceful protesters.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by UKBobo(m): 9:57am On Oct 15, 2020
Decoded - we will shoot and kill anyone opposing the current, redundant, oyibo orchestrated, fetid composition of Nigeria. We will defend our Fulfulde masters to the end.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by NairaMaster1(m): 10:00am On Oct 15, 2020
wewe1:
I do not understand this English, can someone translate it to #ENDSARS English?
Make una no vex

It's a coward type of English. People that flex muscles with civilians but tactical maneuver from insurgents
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 15, 2020
wonder233:
SARS saved my life on two occasions from robbers and one-chance danfo. I support the protest for their reform to weed out bad eggs. Nowhere in my post did I say I didn't. You guys are quick to insult anyone who isn't emotive on the bandwagon. This kind of crowd bullying is exactly the same bullying we accuse the bad eggs in SARS of. We should be the change we want to see. You can't block the roads and say it's for the greater good.

There's no "right" way to protest. People have been oppressed and their cries weren't heard. Check through history, no people have ever ended oppression by nicely asking for it. Social change doesn't come about like that. For a protest to be effective it must be disruptive (not necessarily destructive, or else life will continue as usual without any corrective actions. That's the only way to throw light on the issues and call the Government to order.
Its because of the protests that the whole world is now fully aware of the issues. Taken, there may have been "good guys" in SARS, but the unit was institutionally rotten. It was based in a bad foundation. No amount of window-dressing or "reform" can correct that. Especially in Nigeria when we've almost never seen the political will for any form of reform for that matter.
So if you've been crowd bullied, sorry sir. If you've had the discomfort of being stuck in traffic jams and roads being blocked, sorry.
But saying what will or will not bring about the greater good is counterproductive. People are hurt and pushed to the wall and they are merely expressing their feelings. If it is disruptive to our normal way of life then so be it.
But one thing I'm sure of is there is no change when we all sit and ask nicely for THIS government to bring about change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by NairaMaster1(m): 10:02am On Oct 15, 2020
Esseite:
The Governments last card.....

Unfortunately they are cowards.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by VaselineCrew: 10:05am On Oct 15, 2020
throwaway123456:

which is why the govt should start showing actions immediately if they care about citizens, sanwolu posted a video of him briefing Buhari about the situation and the man was still laughing. This is not just a fight for endSARS, it's a fight for good governance in Nigeria.

na who dey alive dey go work. since we started this protest over 20 people have been killed and yet no resignation, no arrest, nothing has been done.

some of the people that died weren't even part of the protests like the young man in ogbomosho. That's the real definition of collateral damage

You are still inflicting pain on people, unless you feel your pain is greater than theirs, I guess I'll let you be the judge of that.

You can be Pro Freedom to Protest and Pro Freedom of Movement Simultaneously

It doesn't have to be Either, Or.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by RAYAM(f): 10:06am On Oct 15, 2020
NA, let this be known to you that this is not anti democratic protest, rather, it is the Government you are claiming to support that is anti democratic. In democracy, people have rights to life, right to peaceful protest, right to speech, and all the rights. So, please, tell your anti democratic Government to go and read, understand what true democracy is and stop turning things upside down. There's enough war for you to fight in sambisa forest, I think that's where you should all be speaking from now.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by duality(m): 10:06am On Oct 15, 2020
wonder233:
My thoughts exactly. I've been denied access to my means of livelihood for about a week now by the road blockades. It is their rights to protest. It is also my right to have access to a public road. It is an infringement on my rights to be denied road access. Protesters should converge on one side, while others who wish to go about their lawful duties can go about their activities.

That's my point.

These same people were insulting Shia Muslims for blocking roads.

When religious organizations start their procession and it affects movements, they will start with their insults.

They should allow people have access to their businesses.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Treadwithcautio: 10:07am On Oct 15, 2020
The NA press release is completely out of place, because nobody is protesting against the president, but rather against the inhumane attitudes of the SARS personnels.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Germi9: 10:09am On Oct 15, 2020
Ratedgang:
People as it seems now are really ready to die...If NA gets involved then I see collateral damage and it will put us on the map of international arson and destruction list. Let’s thread with caution.
forget caution!!! there's nothing happening today that has not happened before...Death is only the beginning,#we dont want peace we want equal right and justice
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Ratedgang: 10:10am On Oct 15, 2020
Germi9:

forget caution!!! there's nothing happening today that has not happened before...Death is only the beginning,#we dont want peace we want equal right and justice
me and you dey the same lane. cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Germi9: 10:10am On Oct 15, 2020
NairaMaster1:

Unfortunately they are cowards.
killed while running, couldn't even fight to death..then come here n say blah blah blah
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by lanryoung: 10:11am On Oct 15, 2020
[quote author=manuelreports post=94951044]The worst they can do now is to shoot down one protester and the monster in the people will be unreached on them. Remember You cannever know the strength of the masses untill you provoke them beyond control. I bet them to try any nonsense and see the other side of Nigerians. At this point dying is no longer a threat to Nigeria Youth who have long been brutalised but before we go down the Soul of Nigeria will breed. Let them try Nonsense we are waiting.

[idiot you are here on nairaland beating chest, I just pity those mumu you are pushing to their graves ]
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by reiddecuti: 10:13am On Oct 15, 2020
It's time to die for something AUTHENTIC and GENUINE. They can't threaten us in our land! They can't kill us in our land! They can't imprison us in our land! They can't mame and intimidate us in our land! They can't mute us in our land!

This is the time to reclaim and librate our land from tyranny and tyrants, from bad governance, military brutality...

#FreedomNigeria
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by obonujoker(m): 10:13am On Oct 15, 2020
Thinkfree:
you all are making noise forgetting the fact that it is only a fraction of Nigeria population that are protesting.

Remember Libya and Gadarrfi
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by thesilentman(m): 10:13am On Oct 15, 2020
Esseite:
The Governments last card.....
You Be Correct Observer.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by wonder233: 10:14am On Oct 15, 2020
Exactly! Look at them online trying to crowd-bully anyone who doesn't follow the bandwagon. An uber driver reported trying to convey an asthmatic pregnant woman to the hospital around the ikeja axis but got stuck in traffic, and they were frantically asking other motorists if anyone is a doctor to do anything and the woman died. What difference is that to the SARS also taking a life? Protest, but at least don't block the roads.
duality:

That's my point.

These same people were insulting Shia Muslims for blocking roads.

When religious organizations start their procession and it affects movements, they will start with their insults.

They should allow people have access to their businesses.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Germi9: 10:14am On Oct 15, 2020
Ratedgang:
People as it seems now are really ready to die...If NA gets involved then I see collateral damage and it will put us on the map of international arson and destruction list. Let’s thread with caution.
well said bro
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Miracle2020: 10:16am On Oct 15, 2020
SLAP44:

Why won't the army stay calm to defuse the situation with tact instead of making provocative statement in the heat of a looming crisis?

Southern masses have been provoked for too long and any small spark can set many things ablaze. The army has never issued any guidelines in the north east upon all the casualties they keep getting, it's in the south they will be acting superman.
is either you have not been following the situation in the north or you are pretending to be stupid. When the time comes I hope you and your children will be in the forefront.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by pappy4real(m): 10:17am On Oct 15, 2020
thesicilian:

There's nothing antipeople in this press release. Put yourself in the position of the head of the Nigerian Army. Would you fold your hands while hoodlums are running rampant? The press release doesn't say they are going to stop the protests, they're only warning "subversive elements and trouble makers" to beware.

The onus is now on the organizers of the protests to ensure that their activities remain peaceful.

There's everything antipeople in the release cos the Nigerian army is not supposed to be committed and loyal to the president but to the sovereignty of the nation and its people
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Nik77: 10:17am On Oct 15, 2020
thesicilian:

But they have 'folded their hands while Boko Haram, ISWAP and Fulani herdsmen and militia are running rampant.'
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by luluman: 10:20am On Oct 15, 2020
thesicilian:

Will you shut up? Which of their activities was not peaceful and law abiding?
Who doesn't know that the NA is anti people but pro government. No matter how right & just the masses conduct themselves if the Polotical leader is not in tandem the soldiers come in.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by chatinent: 10:22am On Oct 15, 2020
Buhari has spoken to Buratai to do sth.

Such Idi Amin.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Gbemini(m): 10:30am On Oct 15, 2020
manuelreports:
The worst they can do now is to shoot down one protester and the monster in the people will be unreached on them. Remember You cannever know the strength of the masses untill you provoke them beyond control. I bet them to try any nonsense and see the other side of Nigerians. At this point dying is no longer a threat to Nigeria Youth who have long been brutalised but before we go down the Soul of Nigeria will breed. Let them try Nonsense we are waiting.
I pity you,you are in your room making mouth ,let NA catch u then your own don finish b that ...
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by EMEA1(m): 10:32am On Oct 15, 2020
MTCHIEEW!!!!!!!!!
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 15, 2020
ibedun:

Are you kidding me?

You can’t see the veiled threat in the statement?

Are you for real?

The useless Army that cannot defeat Boko Haram?

Nigeria useless army that cannot fight terrorists and bandits want to fight 50 million youths.

Revolution is now!

#End_SWAT

#End_BUHARI

#End_NIGERIA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Cars Yahaya Bello Wants To Use For Campaign (Photos) / Ahmad Lawan Announces Two Defections In Senate / Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.