Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,186 members, 7,957,433 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:30 PM

EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement (67672 Views)

Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation / Army Releases Video Of Encounter With Bandits In Southern Kaduna / Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 15, 2020
ibedun:

Are you kidding me?

You can’t see the veiled threat in the statement?

Are you for real?

The useless Army that cannot defeat Boko Haram?

Nigeria useless army that cannot fight terrorists and bandits want to fight 50 million youths.

Revolution is now!

#End_SWAT

#End_BUH.ARI

#End_NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Sunnyja: 10:39am On Oct 15, 2020
thesicilian:

There's nothing antipeople in this press release. Put yourself in the position of the head of the Nigerian Army. Would you fold your hands while hoodlums are running rampant? The press release doesn't say they are going to stop the protests, they're only warning "subversive elements and trouble makers" to beware.

The onus is now on the organizers of the protests to ensure that their activities remain peaceful.
The only "subversive elements and trouble makers" now are boko Haram, bandits, kidnappers and killer herdsmen. Are these people not running rampant now?!

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by dalass(f): 10:41am On Oct 15, 2020
SLAP44:

Why won't the army stay calm to defuse the situation with tact instead of making provocative statement in the heat of a looming crisis?

Southern masses have been provoked for too long and any small spark can set many things ablaze. The army has never issued any guidelines in the north east upon all the casualties they keep getting, it's in the south they will be acting superman.

Can you imagine the fools ?
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by wirinet(m): 10:46am On Oct 15, 2020
wonder233:
Exactly! Look at them online trying to crowd-bully anyone who doesn't follow the bandwagon. An uber driver reported trying to convey an asthmatic pregnant woman to the hospital around the ikeja axis but got stuck in traffic, and they were frantically asking other motorists if anyone is a doctor to do anything and the woman died. What difference is that to the SARS also taking a life? Protest, but at least don't block the roads.

Do you know how many families have lost loved ones to SARS and police brutality, and till today nothing was done. I lost a childhood friend Bayo Awosika at that lekki roundabout. He was shot while coming from his office and labelled armed robber. There is this story in my street of a woman who's fiancee was taken away by SARS, he has not been seen today. Ask people what people experience at SARS headquarters in Ikeja.

ENDSARS is not a new demand, it has been going on for over 5 years. Government had purportedly banned SARS 3 times within the last 5 years, but they are still on the streets. This time the people wants a permanent solution to THE SARS menace.

That the woman died could not be solely blamed on the protesters but on lack of emergency response from the Lagos State Government. Under normal circumstances, you could be in Lagos traffic for over 8 hours. My nephew that did his traditional marriage two months ago, left ikorodu at 10 am for a wedding ceremony that was to start at 2 pm. They got to the brides parent's house at 5 pm.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Anwons(m): 10:47am On Oct 15, 2020
Empty and skeletal statement by Nigerian army! Better keep quite rather than ridicule yourselves. Is it you now the government want to use after SARS? Shame! Spits
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by nogragra: 10:51am On Oct 15, 2020
sarrki:
PRESS RELEASE

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3096643707114600&id=354312648014400
It's time to extend this revolution to the military as well. End north dorminance in the military. Welcome Yoruba Nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by rontolo(m): 10:56am On Oct 15, 2020
The reason Buhari retained the army leadership despite their woeful performance. Buratai is a beast. Incompetent, corrupt and compromised.

This nation, no hope
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by frankson1(m): 10:59am On Oct 15, 2020
thesicilian:

There's nothing antipeople in this press release. Put yourself in the position of the head of the Nigerian Army. Would you fold your hands while hoodlums are running rampant? The press release doesn't say they are going to stop the protests, they're only warning "subversive elements and trouble makers" to beware.

The onus is now on the organizers of the protests to ensure that their activities remain peaceful.

Are you minding his kind? They will not read to understand.

His kind were saying that President Trump should let the USA Army deal with the protesters.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by heendrix(m): 11:01am On Oct 15, 2020
Bunnatex:
I wonder who gives advices these people.
What we have currently in Nigeria is still a civil issue and does not require the armed forces.
Besides, the soldiers that are going to be used to stop us are still part of the people we are fighting for.

Unfortunately those stark illiterate recruit don't even know how it can help them
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by wonder233: 11:12am On Oct 15, 2020
The aim of the protest is not in doubt. I support it. The issue here is that others still have a right to the roads!
It's that simple
wirinet:

Do you know how many families have lost loved ones to SARS and police brutality, and till today nothing was done. I lost a childhood friend Bayo Awosika at that lekki roundabout. He was shot while coming from his office and labelled armed robber. There is this story in my street of a woman who's fiancee was taken away by SARS, he has not been seen today. Ask people what people experience at SARS headquarters in Ikeja.

ENDSARS is not a new demand, it has been going on for over 5 years. Government had purportedly banned SARS 3 times within the last 5 years, but they are still on the streets. This time the people wants a permanent solution to THE SARS menace.

That the woman died could not be solely blamed on the protesters but on lack of emergency response from the Lagos State Government. Under normal circumstances, you could be in Lagos traffic for over 8 hours. My nephew that did his traditional marriage two months ago, left ikorodu at 10 am for a wedding ceremony that was to start at 2 pm. They got to the brides parent's house at 5 pm.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by osazuwa23: 11:13am On Oct 15, 2020
nigerians voted these people though when they could have choose jonatha\n
Angelfrost:

You are right... But, the nation can't continue like this! We are going nowhere fast!!!

Sometimes, halting the nation into chaos is the only way to bring forth the right order... Typical example being Egypt!!!

Nigerians must revolt against their leaders fast!!!... They have shown that they are not only incompetent, but also remorselessly and unabashedly so!

Just imagine Buhari appointing that old hag hated by all as INEC comm.??! In the face of all these issues on ground??! What does that tell you about your current leaders??!... This country needs to unite and set things right, or disintegrate into pieces!!!
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by omenka(m): 11:14am On Oct 15, 2020
wirinet:

So National Guard is now the US army? National guard are trained for civilian operations that cannot be handled by regular Police. They are controlled by the state and not the federal government like the regular army.
Otondo!!! Learn!! You guys are too ignorant and you would never admit you are.

Smh.

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 15, 2020
If not for a country that is upside down, when has "maintaining law and order" become a part of the job description of the military.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Charly68: 11:17am On Oct 15, 2020
Soildiers can't stop this movement as they have failed to stop Boko Haram..all this their we are ready to defend our territorial integrity can't fly with the trend of things ,we need prayers to avert the unexpected
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Coronavirus1: 11:18am On Oct 15, 2020
Nigerians are hungry, angry Amy stay away don't join issues with the masses. #End sars end old people dominate in everything.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by zudozz: 11:22am On Oct 15, 2020
Who call them? Abeg let them go to sambisa n fight Buhari's people there..Army ko soldier ni...Na chad dey fight boko haram for them.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by ebenmosi360(m): 11:27am On Oct 15, 2020
I just don't understand why a country with 2 major religion will choose to inscribed it's military logo with arabic below. All this small small things u see mean allot if u want errrbody to believe it's one nigeria
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by throwaway123456: 11:29am On Oct 15, 2020
VaselineCrew:

You are still inflicting pain on people, unless you feel your pain is greater than theirs, I guess I'll let you be the judge of that.

You can be Pro Freedom to Protest and Pro Freedom of Movement Simultaneously

It doesn't have to be Either, Or.

Do you think govt will listen to the protesters if they don't take radical approach by blocking toll gate. The main aim of blocking toll gate is not to stop freedom of movement, but to stop govt from getting the daily money realised from that toll gate.

do you know of a better more effective approach that can be used to get the attention of govt.

I understand your point about restrictions of movement, I'm also a worker and have experienced high level of inconvenience but this fight is greater than me and I can see the bigger picture

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by romenna: 11:29am On Oct 15, 2020
Dear Sagir Musa,
You and your likes will be doing yourselves a lot of good to avoid us at this time.
Any attempt to militarize this situation will consume the already battered and demoralized Nigerian Army.
We are not boko haram.
Be warned.
Singed: Nigerian Youths
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by medusky(m): 11:38am On Oct 15, 2020
This warning is from Islamic Nigerian Army. I think there is a problem looking @ d LOGO!!!!!
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by badonkadonk: 11:40am On Oct 15, 2020
thesicilian:

The government sporsored thugs to disrupt peaceful protesters at alausa this morning.

They came armed with Cutlasses, guns and other dangerous weapons.

They were ferried to alausa in new brt buses..

And you are there saying what you are saying..

E don set jere
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Dchair2: 11:41am On Oct 15, 2020
thesicilian:

All these loud noise and yet boko haram is on the loose! the army should wake up and face the real armed threat rsther than subtle threats to unarmed civil protester seeking a better country
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by TheRealestGuy(m): 11:45am On Oct 15, 2020
uvie66:
I am with the government on this issue, SARS have been disbanded, what else do you guys want. I say send the army out now.

Justice for all confirmed victims of police brutality, especially immediate arrest and prosecution of officers that shot at or manhandled protesters.

Total overhaul of the police force.

These two are a good start.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Dchair2: 11:46am On Oct 15, 2020
Guestlander:

From the Army?
abeg dont mind him, should it be the army? what happened to the police, dss, civil defense etc very soon we will have lastma issuing threats on boko haram issues.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Africanamania: 11:46am On Oct 15, 2020
No 1 oppressor,these are the real colonialists,they forced a constitution of subjugation on the minorities.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by TheRealestGuy(m): 11:47am On Oct 15, 2020
medusky:
This warning is from Islamic Nigerian Army. I think there is a problem looking @ d LOGO!!!!!

There is no problem at all.

That arabic inscription has always been on the NA logo.

You just woke up so good morning.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Bahamas95(m): 11:47am On Oct 15, 2020
Na civilians body una dey get power, useless people.

Boko Haram dey slaughter soldiers like cow na grammar Army oga dey blow......If una nor dey shame I dey shame for una.

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by amc: 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2020
ibedun:
This horrible statement by the Nigerian Army should be shouted down by every living person in the South. The Nigerian Army is constituted to protect the people NOT to be used against the people by a ffcking Ethnic Fulani government that we have in Nigeria.

This people are really crazy!!!!!

The southerners MUST stand up against this nonsense!!!!

Making it a North v South issue would bring the whole thing to an abrupt end.

SARS has been disbanded. Let every "youth" return to their homes and wait for the reforms that have been promised.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by jamiudinho(m): 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2020
Guestlander:

From the Army?
can u read simple English those who want to use it to course problem
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by jamiudinho(m): 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2020
ebenmosi360:
I just don't understand why a country with 2 major religion will choose to inscribed it's military logo with arabic below. All this small small things u see mean allot if u want errrbody to believe it's one nigeria
but will u complain if the logo is written with ur religion inscription
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2020
Why is the Nigerian Army slogan written in Arabic and not English?

English is our official language not Arabic!

Now I have absolutely no clue whatever the slogan means sad
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Africanamania: 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2020
No 1 oppressor of the people.The one that gave us a fake Democratic Federalism of a constitution, the kidnappers of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Niger Delta Militants In Pictures / Oshiomhole, Ganduje, Yahaya Bello, El-Rufai On US Visa Ban List - Sahara R. / Why Tinubu Forfeited $460,000 In US — APC Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.