Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? (3662 Views)

Is There Really Any Point Or Gain In Being A Good Girl? / What Do Men Gain In Sucking Breast With No Milk?* / What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 7:11am On Oct 20, 2020
Oracleforce:

They get married it is economical to formalize the eating of one lady puna than to be paying 10k for ashewo or 50k for runs girls for just one hour fucking...

Think am now....if you give your wife 10k, you go chop inside the soup or food wey she go cook and you go still chop her ponmo after eating her food but if you give ashewo 10k or 50k....the money is just for the good service rendered....
Bt ashawo no go gve u mental stress, physical stress nd emotional stress. Spending 50k nd having peace of mind is beta dan spending 10k nd having hypertension

2 Likes

Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by ewami: 7:15am On Oct 20, 2020
Let me soro soke. U see a man gain nothing tangible in marriage but if a man marries a prayerful thinking good woman.
Never joke with the prayer of a woman to God.
A man goes far in life when he has a serious force backing of a woman. Take care of ur wife.

1 Like

Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by uthlaw: 7:16am On Oct 20, 2020
Liposure:
Free sex, companionship, long life, happiness, prosperity and all other good things that comes with marriage
you can get more than this while single!

2 Likes

Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by uthlaw: 7:19am On Oct 20, 2020
fati2001:
MANY THINGS BASED ON THE TYPE OF MAN HE IS.
can you mention one?
Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by uthlaw: 7:22am On Oct 20, 2020
ibechris:
If u take good of ur family,u dont need to think of the gains but true be told men usually gain.

Statistically, men tend to gain if they are married and stick to their wife's than men with side chicks and men who are divorced or single.
tell us what men actually gain!

2 Likes

Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by chinchonglee(m): 7:29am On Oct 20, 2020
ibechris:
If u take good of ur family,u dont need to think of the gains but true be told men usually gain.

Statistically, men tend to gain if they are married and stick to their wife's than men with side chicks and men who are divorced or single.
Unfortunately abt 95% of married men has side chicks.
Am nt talking abt our parents but our present married men

1 Like

Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by fati2001(m): 7:31am On Oct 20, 2020
uthlaw:
can you mention one?

not to someone like you.... cuz I saw how ur quotes are.

YOU ARE AMONG OF THE WORLDLY MEN .
AND REMEMBER I SAID BASED ON THE TYPE OF MAN HE IS.

Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by fati2001(m): 7:32am On Oct 20, 2020
PrinceofAgoAre:
make a list

PLS STOP QUOTING ME.
Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 20, 2020
Peemonny:
A man stands to gain a family, the fulfillment of being responsible

Absolute Typical Nigerian Mentality. I know this will be posted..... grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 20, 2020
uthlaw:
you can get more than this while single!

You see, this Is the reason for my recent post. A lot of people, be It rich, poor etc are stucked and will be stucked and continue to wallow In the brainwashing and Ignorance. I don't think Africans/Nigerians will ever be able to advance, think straight and be liberated.....

1 Like

Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by Mandela27: 7:58am On Oct 20, 2020
shit

1 Like

Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by uthlaw: 11:09am On Oct 20, 2020
Evolutionlove:

You see, this Is the reason for my recent post. A lot of people, be It rich, poor etc are stucked and will be stucked and continue to wallow In the brainwashing and Ignorance. I don't think Africans/Nigerians will ever be able to advance, think straight and be liberated.....
you see that marriage of a thing,is what is not making Africans/Nigerians to advance....most Nigerians got deceived through religion!

4 Likes

Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by uthlaw: 11:12am On Oct 20, 2020
fati2001:

not to someone like you.... cuz I saw how ur quotes are.

YOU ARE AMONG OF THE WORLDLY MEN .

AND REMEMBER I SAID BASED ON THE TYPE OF MAN HE IS.
do you want me to be among the worldly women......remove sex and nothing more in this marriage of a thing!

5 Likes

Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by quincee88(f): 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2020
what a man gains in marriage? the greatest is the servant. he serves, his rewards? immeasurable
Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by fati2001(m): 2:01pm On Oct 20, 2020
uthlaw:
do you want me to be among the worldly women......remove sex and nothing more in this marriage of a thing!

YES, YOU ARE AMONG OF THEM....... BY USING THE WORD (SEX).... WORLDLY MAN + WORLDLY WOMAN = SEX.

CONGRATS.
Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2020
uthlaw:
you see that marriage of a thing,is what is not making Africans/Nigerians to advance....most Nigerians got deceived through religion!

Apt and Wonderful, Short and Simple.......
Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by Alfather: 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
when the man is old his children will caretal for him
Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by iRepNaija1: 12:29am On Oct 21, 2020
nigeriansamurai:

Im not against marriage sir but your points won't convince someone who is

I wasn't trying to convince you or anyone. You asked what do men stand to gain from marriage, I answered, and you didn't agree with my list. As I said before, it's no one's job to convince you and I would not waste my time doing such. You either convince yourself or you don't.
Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by TheCork(m): 8:50am On Oct 21, 2020
dorin27:
Who wants to know?

Juss me. Can I take u to dinner & we romanse later? (Be nice) cheesy
Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by Climax07(m): 9:32am On Oct 21, 2020
Abeg we don see this topic too much, thread just created to demean women, na by force to marry. Everyone have their reasons for marriage and mean different things to different people.
Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by Dreadlock69(m): 9:44am On Oct 21, 2020
For my parent generation lot of things
My dad is a business man and my mum is nurse
1:they gain I and my three brother
2: they gain and maintain there legacy
3:they pull resources together for the benefit of the family
But for my generation I can't see anything there
Imagine dating a runs/bahd girl
And dating another who ask for 5h and said she just testing how I will react. My personal experience sha

1 Like

Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 01, 2021
Oracleforce:

They get married it is economical to formalize the eating of one lady puna than to be paying 10k for ashewo or 50k for runs girls for just one hour fucking...

Think am now....if you give your wife 10k, you go chop inside the soup or food wey she go cook and you go still chop her ponmo after eating her food but if you give ashewo 10k or 50k....the money is just for the good service rendered....
incredible!
Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by Danjuma82: 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2021
Many women especially married women in Nigeria are very unfaithful to their husbands.

iRepNaija1:
1) Children (if they choose to have children) who bare their last name, who come from their village/town/state.
2) The opportunity to be emotionally vulnerable with a significant other. Men are taught from a very young age that displaying emotion is wrong, unsightly, and unmanly when in fact conveying emotion is just a human thing. Being with a woman, who is not usually looked down upon for displaying emotion, gives some men the chance to express themselves emotionally without being judged.
3) Usually, the responsibility of childrearing does not fall on husbands/fathers but wives/mothers. A number of people believe a man's responsibility toward his children is just providing money for clothing, food, and housing. Men are not to participate beyond those basic needs so some men would see that as a benefit.
4) Men who are unfaithful in their marriages are more accepted in Nigerian society than the other way. (Note: please don't take this point as me saying women don't cheat. That's not what I said).
5) Wife usually bears the husband's last name while sacrificing her own.
6) You're seen as more responsible and family-oriented

OP, I could go on and list more and you can either accept them or not. At the end of the day, seeing the benefit of marriage depends on your mindset. If you view it negatively, then nothing can disuade you from mentality. If you view marriage from positive standpoint, then you'll focus more on the positive aspects of it.

1 Like

Re: What Do Men Stand To Gain In Marriage? by iRepNaija1: 2:36am On Apr 22, 2021
Danjuma82:
Many women especially married women in Nigeria are very unfaithful to their husbands.

Your point? The same could be said about many men in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts / What Really Turns You On? / Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.