Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians (65758 Views)

Ambode: Jide Sanwo-olu Is A Criminal And Mentally Unstable To Govern Lagos / Yemi Osinbajo Meets Jide Sanwo-Olu (Photo) / Meet Jide Sanwo-Olu: Biography, Governorship APC Lagos State Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Zenithpeak(m): 7:00am On Oct 23, 2020
Crocodile tears after the deed had been done.

If you can bring the dead back alive or sacrifice your children to this struggle and feel the pains of parents loosing their children to the needless cold hand of death through your order.

You knew it is wrong but you went ahead and do it, you pleased godfathers but committed murder. History will not spare you. Man will not forget you, God Almighty will not forgive you.

Your godfathers has abandoned you and ran away but you are left behind to face the consequences of your stupidity.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by victorazyvictor(m): 7:01am On Oct 23, 2020
ndidibabe:
Which generation? Is this generation greater than the generation that fought for our independence? So many internet warriors just saying rubbish. Most of the people that led the protest are in their 30s and will soon belong to generation Y.

What are you even saying?

Nigeria never fought for independence is the reason why things are like this, we don't know the importance of being independent.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by ensamy(m): 7:01am On Oct 23, 2020
Thank you Governor, this few days you have been tested and we know you tried and has been refined in the fiery furnace. You are coming out stronger and try and be taken sensible and swift actions in case if such thing occurs again of which we do not pray for.
Long live Lagos state.
Long live it's diversity
Long live Nigeria.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Cmanforall: 7:01am On Oct 23, 2020
Kazim88:
Governor you are actually trying.
He is. Similar actions from the president would have calmed the whole situation in the country

1 Like

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Osobi32(m): 7:01am On Oct 23, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Lets sheath our sword for peace to reign my fellow youths

I believe no politician and police officers would take us for a ride henceforth.
thats a fact......
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Vyiecyie: 7:01am On Oct 23, 2020
I love you for this.. May the gods be with you
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Jiokejohn: 7:01am On Oct 23, 2020
The difference between Governor Sanwo-olu's speech and President Buhari's speech is like Luxurious bus and Keke napep. Though I'm never Sanwo-olu's fan, but he is gradually wining my heart.
Against all olds, Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu is intelligent, wise, and with astute words presentation.
I enjoined him to match his speech with action.
To all the gallant youths martyred in this struggle, MAY YOUR SOULS REST IN PEACE! Amen.
#EndSars! This generation will never forget you. We will continue our genuine struggle for good governance. I believe achieving this dream we started together will gladden your hearts and repose your souls.
Live on heroes and martyrs of our generation!
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 23, 2020
helinues:

Brodali, let's heal our land first...

We shall revisit those father's house left hand pointers later.

Have you listened to the Albino's Kanu audio tape on the day of Lekki events inciting the callers to burn anything burnable.

I predicted he would do that anyway. It is evil opportunists like Kanu and his IPOBian gang who turned the Lekki toll Gate stand-off into Lekki toll gate "massacre".

There was nothing like that and their deliberate mischief contributed to the chaos we saw tuesday night all o er Lagos.

As for that Oroyan chap he is a bstard faker. Very annoying mofo !!!!
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by WINDSOW(m): 7:05am On Oct 23, 2020
Daddysidhan:
Protect lagosians from external force like buhari and his cohorts, he doesn't care about anyone except himself and his northern brothers. He has nearly destroyed the reputation tinubu has been building since 1999' we the Lagos youths accept your sincere apologies.
Did you say nearly? Remove that adverb.

1 Like

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Donspicey: 7:06am On Oct 23, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Now, they know the generation not to mess with. Oh, yes!

...and now we know too, that sanwoolu is an incompetent liar. Lagosians just wasted their votes on him. When I say Lagosians, I mean my siblings, friends, cousins of yoruba extraction living in lagos

Bro dont allow d north to turn u against ur hardworking governor.....

The man really tried his best during d protest running up and down to find solutions dat will calm d situation...see bro to be a leader is not an easy task.....u never can tell who is trying to pull you down......

At a time sef i began to wonder weda he is d president.....

Apc jst wanted to cripple Tinubu by all means,destroy southern Economy and cause confusion in d south...Sanwo was set up......

Bt Kudos to him......He really tried

1 Like

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Clothingonline9(m): 7:09am On Oct 23, 2020
Babajide sanwolu is a good man always talking to press frequently to show the people he care about is sir continue to stand for your props we love you
No more destruction of Lagos private and public properties Fg don’t care.

1 Like

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by dplores(m): 7:09am On Oct 23, 2020
Thank you sir.

Here is what we all need.

I am sorry, we are sorry when youth heart no be stone.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by kolade560: 7:09am On Oct 23, 2020
All we want is a better Nigeria, not unfettered apologies, we won't be carried away by sweet talks......this is d time to change and rewrite our names.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Eriokanmi: 7:10am On Oct 23, 2020
ndidibabe:
Which generation? Is this generation greater than the generation that fought for our independence? So many internet warriors just saying rubbish. Most of the people that led the protest are in their 30s and will soon belong to generation Y.
I agree with you but those who fought for our independence did so, in order that the future of Nigeria would be better. The independence idea wasn't borne out of selfishness. How many private jets did pa awolowo have? How many estates, hotels, mansions did he have? He had just one house in ibadan as big as the city is which is located at oke bola. Here in lagos, it's one house and the 3rd in his ikenne home. Those houses were located on plot of land each except the awolowo House in ikeja. The history of how that building came into being would shock you. I know all of them. What do we have today? Politicians with estates in choice locations across the globe, politicians buying private jets with people's money, politicians owning airlines using the tax payer's money. I don't hear that zik, sardauna, etc also did same. Nigeria can't progress with the kind of politicians we have today. This generation has been shortchanged. They say youths of today are leaders of tomorrow but they keep planting their children in positions, leaving the crumbs for the youths to eat. They only use them during elections by serving them guns and knives with stipends and dump them once they're done with them and Term them thugs and criminals, until another 4 years again when elections approach. Is that making you happy? If their children or inlaws aren't iyaloja or babaloja general, they're reps or senators . Is that fair to you? Truth is bitter but we keep saying it
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 23, 2020
Zenithpeak:
Crocodile tears after the deed had been done.

If you can bring the dead back alive or sacrifice your children to this struggle and feel the pains of parents loosing their children to the needless cold hand of death through your order.

You knew it is wrong but you went ahead and do it, you pleased godfathers but committed murder. History will not spare you. Man will not forget you, God Almighty will not forgive you.

Your godfathers has abandoned you and ran away but you are left behind to face the consequences of your stupidity.

Shut up!!!! What murder did Sanwo Olu commit? What order did he give for the killing of Lagosians? Go and tell same to the Governor of your State of origin and get the hell out of here.

We want peace in Lagos. We want law and order to return so law abiding citizens can go about their business. Mistake have been made. Sanwo Olu's action are a big step in the right direction. Now take your frustration and blood lust to your State of origin. Stop causing problems for Lagos!!! Enough!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by ehix89(m): 7:10am On Oct 23, 2020
Them don go pay PR make them come sweet talk una again
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Alexis11: 7:10am On Oct 23, 2020
Amanda4life:
[url][/url]

WITHOUT ME UTTERING ANY CURSE, MY SPIRIT TELLS ME U R CURSED ALREADY, IF I OPEN MY MOUTH TO CURSE YOU IS LIKE ADDING FIRE AND PEPPER ON A FRESH WOUND., SO I WILL ALLOW U TO WALLOW IN YOUR GENERATIONAL CURSE UNTILL UR TIME IS UP.

IM STILL PLEADING , ALLOW PEOPLE to HEAL

YOUR GENERATION IS CURSED ALREADY.

I'M ALSO PLEADING, FURTHER PROTEST IS NOT NECESSARY.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by TONIOI: 7:10am On Oct 23, 2020
The governor should also stop agberu from giving tickets to people who are trying to earn a living , some one can not just be working and another eating his sweat ,My simple question is what will happen to mc oluomo and Tinubu when they comes back ?
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Pr0cter: 7:13am On Oct 23, 2020
Righteousness89:
This is what I Expected!!
Not all the Denials and Unnecessary Arguements..

GOD Give you More Wisdom to Lead the State..
GOD Heal all Wounded Hearts!
GOD Restore and Bless Lagos State..

Shut up your mouth. Which apology. Who ordered the lights to go off in the lekki toll gate? Who sent those army? He's part of them and a bastard. He is saying all this to try secure his second term ticket. Do you know the number of lives lost in Lekki. You typed this rubbish because you have no family lost during the protest. Sanwo olu must go, inclusive of all old politicians.

1 Like

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Amanda4life: 7:14am On Oct 23, 2020
PLEASE LAGOS YOUTH, SHOULD NOT FORGET THOSE THAT DIED AT LEKKI TOLL GATE, EVEN THOUGH NO DEATH WAS RECORDED ACCORDING TO GOVERNMENT

PLEASE ON 20TH OF OCTOBER EVER YEAR, PLEASE HAVE REMEMBRANCES OF THOS WHO DIED AT LEKKI TOLL GATE, AND MAKE SURE YOU RAISE MONEY FOR THEIR FAMILY ON THAT DAY. LET IT BE DONE AT LEKKI TOLL GATE.

DO NOT PROTEST.

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA SHOULD ALSO PAY THEIR PARENTS MONEY YEARLY.

AN AMOUNT WE SHOULD ALL KNOW ABOUT

PLS THOSE WHO ARE APC LEADERS HERE SHOULD LET THEIR GOVERNMENT KNOW ABOUT THIS.

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN HEAL OVERTIME
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Pr0cter: 7:14am On Oct 23, 2020
JokeAdeleke:
God bless you Sir as you work towards restoration of normal

I hereby speak to my generation to work together to restore normal.

God bless this generation. The young generation. God bless the governor of Lagos

Now, they know the generation not to mess with angry

Shut up your mouth. Which apology. Who ordered the lights to go off in the lekki toll gate? Who sent those army? He's part of them and a bastard. He is saying all this to try secure his second term ticket. Do you know the number of lives lost in Lekki. You typed this rubbish because you have no family lost during the protest. Sanwo olu must go, inclusive of all old politicians.

Probably you are one of those paid influencer. How can you do this to your generation for money? Aah you go suffer am oo
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Pr0cter: 7:15am On Oct 23, 2020
Kazim88:
Governor you are actually trying.

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by eagleonearth(m): 7:15am On Oct 23, 2020
OfoIgbo:
I am happy he obeyed real Yoruba elders as represented by AFENIFERE.

It is a pity he governs at the sole pleasure of Tinubu. What a real waste becaus he seems like a very nice man.

Let's hope Lagosians absolve him, to an extent for this apology.

Buhari and Buratai must not be pardoned though
he's an MFM member
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Pr0cter: 7:15am On Oct 23, 2020
PDSI:
God bless Mr Governor! You have shown true leadership rebuilding Lagos is what matters now although we know we are in for a bumpy ride!

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 23, 2020
JokeAdeleke:
God bless you Sir as you work towards restoration of normal

I hereby speak to my generation to work together to restore normal.

God bless this generation. The young generation. God bless the governor of Lagos

Now, they know the generation not to mess with angry

Polithiefcians and Policemen needs to be taught very bitter lessons. They are the major oppressors of the common man. While the former use their position to oppress, the latter use gun to oppress. If revolution starts now, none of them will be spared to live. They have now result to begging. Shameless cowards.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 23, 2020
TONIOI:
The governor should also stop agberu from giving tickets to people who are trying to earn a living , some one can not just be working and another eating his sweat ,My simple question is what will happen to mc oluomo and Tinubu when they comes back ?

Get lost. Go and ask what will happen to Peter Obi, Obiano, Ikpeazu, Ugwuanyi et al and stop causing problems for Yorubas and their States like that your bstard messiah Kanu.

Nothing must happen to Tinubu or Oluomo because they both have nothing to do with SARsS and police brutality. Peter Obi and Willie Obiano directly did. Lynch them first and we will take you Igbos seriously. 1966 treachery still dey una body .
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by KingJasper18(m): 7:16am On Oct 23, 2020
this man has been showing some acts of love to lagosians ever since this protest started, what we need is a physical change not audio works.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by VEE2010(m): 7:17am On Oct 23, 2020
Mr. Governor,
We feel your pain and your limitations on what is happening to the state. The protests were quite peaceful until the enemies of darkness at the center persuaded you to draft in the army and given that the armed forces and paramilitary units are under the exclusive list which gives you limited power to challenge their actions.
The annoying fact of this whole incident is the deliberate lies peddled to dissuade people from further actions of destruction. It seems to me that the government feels that Nigeria today still revolves around the less thoughtful opportunists who took advantage of all that they are today in this country but who continually let the masses down so that their selfish interests remains intact as they continue to stay in power. Even as a puppet, I don't see you in this category of leaders given your exposure on governance and public trust especially in the US which you spent good number of years.
Can you imagine a C-in-C speaking to the nation; I would have thought that, he will mention the consequences that will be suffered on those who fired life bullets at the crowd of peaceful protesters. It clearly shows that he ordered the shoot, so they were all protected.
Nigerian youth will not tolerate such impunity from the leadership. Nobody can kill his cows in Daura in this way and will not be persecuted. Let it be known that the disturbance of the peace and destruction of property observed throughout the country was caused by the insensitivity of the FG...
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Kuginzi: 7:19am On Oct 23, 2020
Rodwave:
That's fine. Apologiy shows that you are human enough to admit your weakness. This is what they should have done since.

Im giving Obiano just tomorrow to stop all these nonsense going on here or I go finish am on the social media. These people must get sense by force.
So na u finish people with fake news on social media. Well done! Fake news career
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 23, 2020
KingJasper18:
this man has been showing some acts of love to lagosians ever since this protest started, what we need is a physical change not audio works.

Alright so you will get "physical change" in 13 hours or a day? Abeg ensue for peace and give them time to deliver. If they don't then take them to task again.

1 Like

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Philistine(m): 7:19am On Oct 23, 2020
SmartyPants:

Can't you read between the lines?

The governor has not assented to the allegation that there was any shooting of protesters. He rather spoked about the broader deaths that occurred across the state. and then underlined it by speaking of false news.

From the position of the government, at both state and federal levels, the "lekki massacre" so-called, never happened.
Of course, there is nothing like lekki massacre, the massacre only occured in ur imagination.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by konkonbilo(m): 7:21am On Oct 23, 2020
YouareaBITCH:
Birds of a feather. This dude is just protecting his second tenure interest, don’t get deceived to think he truly cares!
You might be right, but atleast he's pretended to care and that's what leaders do. If he had done that from the start things won't have gotten to this stage and that's what we expected from buhari that he failed to do even in his speech yesterday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

EndSARS: Buhari, Obasanjo, Jonathan, security chiefs, others in crucial meeting / Governor Abba Kabir Refuses To Sit On Ex-Governor Ganduje's Chair (Pics/Video) / Okorocha Meets Ihedioha, Peter Obi & PDP Members At A Burial In Imo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.