Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (114195 Views)

See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / List Of Items I Just Purchased With N800 Today In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / Food Items I Bought With 78K - Man Shares Shocking Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by OMONGBALI: 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
MagicBishop:

That's not the major problem .

The major problem is banks remaining closed and ATMs vandalised or not refilled.

This is deliberate.

The war on cash is already won.

Next thing now is to have us go cashless.

POS and ATMs will be replaced before the end of second quarter of next year in place of a new digital ID system that NIMC is touting . The new ID system will be a nano implant that they will force you to get.

The economy is deliberately being destroyed by those in power to make way for a new digital currency which the IMF wants in place by next year in what they have dubbed as the new Brenton Woods moment and great global economic reset.

EndSars was the pretext used by the NWO and Buhari govt to justify drastic changes .

Hyper inflation is coming and a great global recession is already on the way by 2021.

An articicial food scarcity is looming that was deliberated occasioned by this govt.

Farmers can't go to their farms because of Buhari's fulani militia.

Food imports have been banned, borders closed and to show how wicked they are, fertilizers have also made the import ban list.

That is to tell you that they are working tirelessly to roll out hunger - a classic weapon used by all communist take overs.

NIMC that can't succeed in the mass production of national ID will now oversee a successful digital system. We too like conspiracy theories in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by ggood: 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
Shortyy:
My sister bought 6 pieces of Fresh tomatoes for #500. My brother things have spoilt. Only God will help us in this country.

hah for North here is not like that , that Onions is 30naira , tomato paste 60 Naira, meat 300

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Nchenches: 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
Political leaders in Nigeria are just roasting the Nigerian people.

Karma will punish all of them.

Split the impossible country Nigeria.

Save humanity in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Luckydubby7(m): 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Yes but Endsars increased it ..I came here to beg for protesters to allow for free flow of good and service on roads because but will lead to more inflation but Endsars people thought they knew better ..Every action has it's consequences
A lot of people joined the protests because of high cost of living.
Do you listen to the protesters??

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by ZooOga: 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2020
money and blessings from God is gud, poverty and want is not. grin

GEJ and Bubu done already told citizens to go back to the village and farm the land for self-sufficiency and food exports. But no, lazy mumus rather rob and steal, stay broke, and watch every episode of BBnaija. wink

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by hekkyboi: 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2020
Kyase:

Hahahaha that onion na 5 naira on be that for here.
But onion cost now sha.
Fulani no sell their cows again
That tomatoes na pure cheating haba, 1 is 70 naira here
abeg na where u base to start with bc everything in Lagos don skyrocket tripple times
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Shadysen: 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:
I warned y'all about a prolonged Endsars causing inflation
shut the Bleep up!!! that's how things was before endsars.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by pacificom: 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2020
All this problems has been piling up for years as a result of the irresponsible governments in past administrations. It has now come to a stage whereby youths are in doubt of anything call good future in Nigeria. The emergence of yahoo boys mostly among undergraduates was as a result of the anticipation in our youth to make it by all mean. Unfortunately they chosed criminal way to enable them avoid taking a queue in the backlog of unemployed in the outside world. Two wrongs cannot make a right, it is better for our government to take responsibility for this situation, and prioritize doing positive to shed the backlog of unemployed youths ( skilled or no skilled) to avoid a repeat of the ugly scenario in future.

3 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by chival(f): 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:
The inflation started before the protests
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Elsueno: 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2020
Kyase:

Hahahaha that onion na 5 naira on be that for here.
But onion cost now sha.
Fulani no sell their cows again
That tomatoes na pure cheating haba, 1 is 70 naira here

I was very surprised woh, that onion will even be given for free by some sellers. And that gino sef, 50 naira fresh tomatoes better. In case of meat e dey cost, half a kilo is like #700~800 naira now

By d way, why buy onion in pieces, Just buy like 2~3 bags when it's cheap. Spread it for airy room.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by QMNIX: 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2020
capitalzero:

Next time when your child damaged your TV, just shoot him.
When will you blame your paymasters for senseless lekki massacre!!,
I am very sure your paymasters who ordered the killings are regretting now

you aren't getting the message. The protest was commended by all, then the Lekki shoot out and next the looting, arson and vandalization of both govt and private properties by hoodlums. Can we say of the truth, we are better than where we were 3 weeks ago?

For your information, better hardship is waiting for us all, the govt is like a supplier whose just transfer all the cost to the consumers- the masses. We don't have the option but to pay because we need the goods and services to survive.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by SmartPolician: 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
Biodun556:

They will blame politicians when all roads were blocked, livestock and food stuffs were stolen or burnt with trailers.

A person should know that this protest and it aftermaths will hunt us for months.

Now oil tankers are afraid of loading for fear of attack.

Why are we like this?

In Igbo we say, "You cannot avoid necessary battles because some people will die."

The EndSARS protest was worth it.

Expect more if the government fails to do the needful.

If you people like this country the way it is, the sensible ones among us do not!

3 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by RedPhoenix: 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
I'm pleased to invite you to join my content writing team. Yes, I'm recruiting an elite team of content writers and together we're going to be involved in " writing articles remotely " as part of a bigger business model. Each writer on board the team earns 1 Million Naira at the end of our working partnership together.

Here are the perks of this opportunity :

* You get to work remotely and build wealth

* You work from the confines of your home

* You gain skills that enables you make consistent income even after our working partnership

* You earn excellent remuneration at the end of your tenure that could be channeled into personal engagements

* You learn on the project

I'm inviting you on-board to join me on this project. If you're interested, send me a message on the WhatsApp contact on the signature

Thank you
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by misano(m): 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Thunder fire ur mouth
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by baralatie(m): 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
capitalzero:

It is not today your paymasters are killing protesters and protests will still continue till world come to end. If there is no justice, there can never be peace. Nobody is save in the day of fury.
ehn now!
it is not today that anarchy thrives in protests in Nigeria nah!
anarchy will continue as long as protests continue!

the only thing is that the people who gingered this protest are faaar awaaay from the shores of Nigeria in the comfort of their homes and have cashed in big in terms of money.
so what does this all means!
if anarchy due to this protests continue.it definitely can brings about the fury of 1966 program,the 1970's wild wild west,the unrest in Niger delta ,(who knows).
by then,..........by then
death in millions....idp camps in thousands.

exactly what the war mongers have been looking for in years

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by NIGHTFOX: 3:13pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:
It's has nothing to do with endsars things was already expensive before the protest...
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by SalamRushdie: 3:13pm On Oct 25, 2020
SmartPolician:

I want to know how you you understand economics

Kindly explain the statement because a bag of rice sold for 15k in Abeokuta some days back.

Inflation has been on steady increase month on month because of COVID regulations and bad governance but when Protesters blocked roads and hampered the supply movt of goods and services around Major cities it put more pressure on the Supply to Demand ratio leading to price increases ..then now add the mindless looting on supplies and curfew with also has put new pressure on the ratio and it will lead to more acute inflation...

About your rice , the price only dropped because a lot of warehouses were looted sending a lot of rice into the market and during the disturbance corrupt customs officers allowed more smuggled rice in from the borders ...I am a businessman a, trained accountant and trained economist ..I don't talk empty and I can predict any Economy well with ease
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by ihustlehard: 3:13pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:
Prolonged?, how many weeks?
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by SalamRushdie: 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2020
NIGHTFOX:

It's has nothing to do with endsars things was already expensive before the protest...
I don't do low IQs

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by ArticleBeast: 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2020
Neddstark:

Please use guns. People with military training are eager to test their might.
When that time comes, you will know that military training means nothing. May God punish both PDP and APC supporters. May their families die in accidents and their sons on their way to greatness

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by misano(m): 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2020
Pierced:
The road blockage caused inflation especially in Lagos.

Drivers of vehicles bringing goods from the north were scared of coming to Lagos because of the arson and looting.

Boys go soon begin chop U.... Monsters
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by nedekid: 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2020
Sweetas2:
Time will come when the poor got no money or nothing else to eat ... This so call politicians will know and understand the full meaning and lyrics of Burnaboy songs.... monster ...
But they will attack us too.
They will raid estates!

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by otokx(m): 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2020
Pierced:
The road blockage caused inflation especially in Lagos.

Drivers of vehicles bringing goods from the north were scared of coming to Lagos because of the arson and looting.

Not just Lagos but down south.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2020
Its like food were looted
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Okoroawusa: 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2020
The after effects of a prolonged protest and civil unrest.

Person wey put hand for woman wrapper must ready for anything him see...
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Lashist(m): 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2020
Biodun556:

They will blame politicians when all roads were blocked, livestock and food stuffs were stolen or burnt with trailers.

A person should know that this protest and it aftermaths will hunt us for months.

Now oil tankers are afraid of loading for fear of attack.

Why are we like this?
Stop being a zombie...so since you started growing beards you haven't complained about Nigeria govt. If you have, name 3 things you have complained about
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by MagicBishop: 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2020
OMONGBALI:

NIMC that can't succeed in the mass production of national ID will now oversee a successful digital system. We too like conspiracy theories in this country.

NIMC card distribution was sabotaged by Buhari and the north because it exposes the population fraud and also it was planned to serve multi uses from bank ATM , National ID, Drivers liscence, and voters card .

But the new digital ID aregberascal is pushing is being rolled out by Bill Gates himself as a precruosry test of his ID2020 program.

You can Google ID2020 and go to their website and see that it is real and is also touted to replace conventional travel documents.

Buhari and APC has sold you to slavery ..

Mark my words , more protests and crisis are coming that will be used as an excuse by Buhari to declare marshal law and from there pass the stalled satanic NCDC bill via fiat decree.

That bill was sponsored by Bill Gates foundation who gave both Lawan and Gbaja $10 million each.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by SalamRushdie: 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2020
ihustlehard:

Prolonged?, how many weeks?

When you block the frree movt of goods and services for 2 weeks and follow it with 4 days of curfew you don't know it will trigger more inflation? You people are too dull in Nigeria and that's why there is so much poverty ...Oya go and loot warehouse and leave me the Bleep alone

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by nedekid: 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2020
Orubebe01:
I have stopped using tomatoes to cook. once I want to make stew for my expensive rice, I go for vagetable like Ugu.
Op, why not go for fish na though the price of fish has increased too but I prefer fish.

cc buhari
1 carton of Titus is now 19k!
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by capitalzero: 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2020
baralatie:

ehn now!
it is not today that anarchy thrives in protests in Nigeria nah!
anarchy will continue as long as protests continue!

the only thing is that the people who gingered this protest are faaar awaaay from the shores of Nigeria in the comfort of their homes and have cashed in big in terms of money.
so what does this all means!
if anarchy due to this protests continue.it definitely can brings about the fury of 1966 program,the 1970's wild wild west,the unrest in Niger delta ,(who knows).
by then,..........by then
death in millions....idp camps in thousands.

exactly what the war mongers have been looking for in years

It will happen if senseless youths keep justifying actions of politicians like lekki massacre. There can never be peacr without justice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) / Food Section Rules And Regulations / If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.