Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,096 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (114197 Views)

See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / List Of Items I Just Purchased With N800 Today In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / Food Items I Bought With 78K - Man Shares Shocking Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Jeromejnr(m): 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2020
pacificom:
All this problems has been piling up for years as a result of the irresponsible governments in past administrations. It has now come to a stage whereby youths are in doubt of anything call good future in Nigeria. The emergence of yahoo boys mostly among undergraduates was as a result of the anticipation in our youth to make it by all mean. Unfortunately they chosed criminal way to enable them avoid taking a queue in the backlog of unemployed in the outside world. Two wrongs cannot make a right, it is better for our government to take responsibility for this situation, and prioritize doing positive to shed the backlog of unemployed youths ( skilled or no skilled) to avoid a repeat of the ugly scenario in future.

Astute analysis.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by SalamRushdie: 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2020
misano:

This goat is still alive. Buhari's di*k kisser. Monsters are coming for APC & PDP.

You see why I insist you have low IQ? Me a Buhari ass licker? That's proof you don't know what you are saying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by cray91(m): 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2020
Get login details before payment
Netflix Premium sub is available at a very affordable price
One month is 1500
3months is 4k
One year is 12k
080,,957...79...468 WhatsApp me
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by babz11(m): 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2020
Alwaysachick:

Senseless soul, so the shouldn't protest? Zombie
You are more senseless he said prolonged protest

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2020
MagicBishop:

Their aspirations for a globalist communist world is tied into their superstition and religious agenda.

They have an unnatural hatred for anyone who is not part of them.

Their religious books call for not only your enslavement but also your eradication

By them I am not referring to their Muslim tools but the tribe of the FEW who claim to be God's chosen race.

The Jews?
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by omooba969(m): 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
Nchenches:
Political leaders in Nigeria are just roasting the Nigerian people.

Karma will punish all of them.

Split the impossible country Nigeria.

Save humanity in Nigeria.

The people can equally punish the politicians if they're serious about getting what's rightfully theirs which is good and credible governance.

This is not beyond us coz We are more than them.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by chaloskyx: 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
na you sabi we all know which one of us has a small brain smiley
SalamRushdie:

Take your small brain out of my mention
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by SalamRushdie: 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
banmee:

EndSArs is not the eeason there is inflation. Inflation in Nigeria has been in existence since independence. The only reason you all don't know this is because history and economics is foreign to you.

Take your small brain away please ..I am even a trained economist but I don't have time to school you today
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Benega9(m): 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2020
Alwaysachick:

Senseless soul, so the shouldn't protest? Zombie
..tell That Mugu

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by YoungDaNaval(m): 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2020
Pierced:
The road blockage caused inflation especially in Lagos.

Drivers of vehicles bringing goods from the north were scared of coming to Lagos because of the arson and looting.
Border closure contributed a larger part of it
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by SalamRushdie: 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2020
chaloskyx:
na you sabi we all know which one of us has a small brain smiley

Trust me you brain is small very small ...Go look for warehouse to loot and leave me alone ..I will not even waste my time to school your low IQ
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by chaloner(m): 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2020
Plead:

Then stop complaining about high cost of food stuffs.
fvck u
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by YoungDaNaval(m): 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:
I warned y'all about a prolonged Endsars causing inflation
And what do you have to say about closure of border

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Confusedgirl869: 3:27pm On Oct 25, 2020
capatainrambo:
ok so we should keep quiet and endure, we shouldn't protest? What exactly is your point ?

The next protest wont be peaceful. We will use guns.

If things like make them skyrocket

#end badgovt
Senseless comment.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by SmartPolician: 3:27pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Inflation has been on steady increase month on month because of COVID regulations and bad governance but when Protesters blocked roads and hampered the supply movt of goods and services around Major cities it put more pressure on the Supply to Demand ratio leading to price increases ..then now add the mindless looting on supplies and curfew with also has put new pressure on the ratio and it will lead to more acute inflation...

About your rice , the price only dropped because a lot of warehouses were looted sending a lot of rice into the market and during the disturbance corrupt customs officers allowed more smuggled rice in from the borders ...I am a businessman a, trained accountant and trained economist ..I don't talk empty and I can predict any Economy well with ease

You have a point.

However, if the price increases were as a result of the protest, things will return to normalcy in no time.

The biggest problem is that an average Nigerian has a dubious character. So, if the prices worsen beyond the middle of next month, then it is not ordinary. The government has to step in because Buhari is a collosal faulure.

As regards the protest, it was absolutely necessary. We cannot continue to live in a country that we use as bad examples of everything. When we want to give good examples, we remember America, Canada and Germany.

If you are not tired, huncle, I am. Well, I am absolutely delighted that the vast majority of us feel the same way.

More importantly, if these price increases are the sacrifices we have to make for better policing, it's worth it.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by juman(m): 3:27pm On Oct 25, 2020
Onion, meat and tomato come from north.

Hmmm
North largely feed the country.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by winterfell007(m): 3:27pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:

You must be very useless. How did #endsars cause inflation?? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Barryseal: 3:28pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:
Has nothing to do with endsars. We buy tomato paste here in the East N130 over a month now.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by misano(m): 3:28pm On Oct 25, 2020
chukel:
Responses here show a lot of people are daft, can't read or can't comprehend what they read. Nobody says there was no inflation before the protest. Inflation worsened with the protest. There was near total shutdown of activities. Food items could not be moved from one point to the other. With heightened insecurity, inflation drives up. These are basic things in economics. The worst thing that will happen is to hand over reigns of power to these stark ignorant youths. It will be a total disaster. People who don't understand how anything works except criminality.

Blame ur stupid government goat.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Confusedgirl869: 3:28pm On Oct 25, 2020
Kyase:

Hahahaha that onion na 5 naira on be that for here.
But onion cost now sha.
Fulani no sell their cows again
That tomatoes na pure cheating haba, 1 is 70 naira here
Where do you stay? I bought that tomato paste for 150 sef 3 days ago.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by YoungDaNaval(m): 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2020
Shortyy:
My sister bought 6 pieces of Fresh tomatoes for #500. My brother things have spoilt. Only God will help us in this country.
Wtf?!!!??
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Clothingonline9(m): 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2020
ecclize:
The way price of commodities are going up these days ehn one need to be scared..
is getting worse by the day without an iota of reflective improvement on spending power...
to even buy cloth these days ehn u must have been saving the money for like 3 month...
this country just taya me
Affordable men clothing payment on delivery Lagos and Nationwide dispatch
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Nchenches: 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2020
Pierced:
The road blockage caused inflation especially in Lagos.

Drivers of vehicles bringing goods from the north were scared of coming to Lagos because of the arson and looting.

Every region in Nigeria can produce enough food to feed its people in a new country from Nigeria and even exports to the north.

Stop the useless and untruthful propaganda of north feeding south.
#ENDONENIGERIANOW

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by winterfell007(m): 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2020
Doradorwa:
grin grin grin Yeah I also brought Gino pepper paste at #130.... Meat nah gold now... Onions is also like that.... But no matter how bad the economy is in the jungle. A lion can never eat grass. So no matter how bad Nigeria economy is we will still eat and even crack bone at the end of the meal

for the record, Lions don't live in jungle, Tigers do. Lions live in the open savannah wink

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by misano(m): 3:30pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:

You see why I insist you have low IQ? Me a Buhari ass licker? That's proof you don't know what you are saying

If U had sense den U will not be blaming protest. U b f**l. Even ur mum told U DAT but U didn't listen.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Djbond(m): 3:30pm On Oct 25, 2020
Doradorwa:
grin grin grin Yeah I also brought Gino pepper paste at #130.... Meat nah gold now... Onions is also like that.... But no matter how bad the economy is in the jungle. A lion can never eat grass. So no matter how bad Nigeria economy is we will still eat and even crack bone at the end of the meal
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by omoyeni37: 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2020
NaijaCoverBlog:

Visit . com Now, show me the prove here
Can i also do so sir? i need serious too
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by SalamRushdie: 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2020
winterfell007:

You must be very useless. How did #endsars cause inflation?? embarassed embarassed embarassed

Blame your small brain for your frustrations not me ..now gerrout ..I swear I won't eat my time schooling you
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by omoyeni37: 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2020
NaijaCoverBlog:

Visit . com Now, show me the prove here
Can i also do so sir? i need serious help too

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by SmartPolician: 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2020
Neddstark:

Look at this coward trying to start up a militia. If you don't make a move within the next 30days, please take a dive into the lagoon. The world needs people with action not chest beating souls.

Nobody is making any move anymore. Nobody is setting up a militia either.

The protest has sent a strong-worded message, keeping the leaders in their toes. And the government is already implementing the 5-point agenda.

Again, I don't care what you think. However, just keep it mind that everyone is watching closely to see if the failed Buhari government will implement far-reaching police reforms to the letter.

Nobody asked the vast majority of Nigerians to start this spontaneous protest. The sequel of this protest, if a need for it arises, must get to Aso Rock. Write it somewhere.
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by AntiNigerian: 3:35pm On Oct 25, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Youths said they want to change Nigeria

Is this is the change they are talking about.

Many of these youths cant even organise their village but then they want to rule at the federal level

ignorant bunch
another corrupt lackey that loves impunity! Its obvious your likes will never do well in a sane clime

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) / Food Section Rules And Regulations / If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.