Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers (51598 Views)

Re-how Soludo Abandoned Police Inspector Who Fell From His Convoy To Die Miserab / We Feel we are no longer needed in APC - Aggrieved Speakership Aspirants / Youths Come Out For Protest- We Must Take Back Our Mandate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by heendrix(m): 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
Coronavirus84:
My hatred for policemen is second to none. There is this policeman down my flat, God knows the guy no do me anything but just been a policeman I hate dis guy pass devil. There is this time he connected NEPA light illegally in the compound, I snapped everything and I go to NEPA office and tell them exactly what he did and immediately NEPA come carry the whole wire wey enter his flat that particular day and he is aware say na me do am.

you did well guyy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by UCMax1: 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
luvmijeje:
That's the result when a society elevate yahoo boys and Cultists above his security agency.

How can a sane government and her citizens support the dissolution of SARS. That's the simple reason they have the gut to misbehave.

Criminals!
You need a heavy brain-resetting slap for this nonsense you typed! so you are one of those fools supporting SARS?......may your relatives experience unjust police/sars killing
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Zenithpeak(m): 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
Just be polite and professional in discharging your duties as a police officer in the society.
Stop framing and robbing people into problem. Stop extortions, stop extrajudicial killings, stop unlawful detentions, stop taking advantage of the weak ones in the society, stop intimidations, stop constituting nuisance in the public space, stop bullying suspects, be civil in civil matters, do your due diligence and stand of on the side of the truth in every matter.

Above all, discharge your duty with maximum respect for the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and respect for dignity of human person. If your presence in any given environment or situation makes people feel comfortable then people will trust you and will always respect and love you, stand up and be identified with you in critical times.

Do your job with love and respect and people will treat you same way but if otherwise, it is also otherwise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
isammy36:

You're just sprouting rubbish. Until those armed thugs comes to your residence or harm you before you know what's up
stop sounding like an illiterate.. What's the essence of being a policeman if you can't discharge your duty irrespective of people's opinion about your occupation?
They swore an oath to protect lives and properties irrespective of tribe, region or religion or people's opinion about them
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
miko1988:
One thing I want Nigerians to understand, if police stop taking bribe , bet me more than 50% of Nigerians will be in prison,,, similarly to lecturers , if lecturers stop receiving sorting I bet you, so many students will not graduate from University,,, we Nigerians r not sincere to ourselves,,, when ur broda or sister is involved in crime, you use all possible means to beg police with money to escape justice,,, what I know is dat , no Nigerian can boldly ask police to charge their loved ones to court known d fact that the person actually commit d said offence ,,, some police officers have died in the hands of criminals while trying to rescue others ,,,, even if we have some bad eggs in police, killing dem and children randomly in the name of protest is bad

Agree with you 100% .Saw what is written below and I am sure it is someone like you, a deep and critically honest Nigerian, who penned it.Most Nigerians are busy forming angel and demanding change from others but they are the one the message below is aimed at.

Rather than demonize the NPF totally let us wipe the slate clean and start a journey with them to usher in a better and more professional NPF befitting of a Nigeria where we citizens will also make the effort to be more law-abiding, upright, civil, orderly and disciplined.

If we like we can stay outside there to protest forever, nothing will change if we refused to change.

Same man that won't respect the traffic light is out there demanding change.

A man that will refuse to update his vehicle particulars but bribe a willing criminal in police, road unsafety, VIO, Nigerian army is out there demanding change.

An importer that wanted to evade duties but willing to do deals with the customs is out there demanding change.

A commuter that is willing to liter the street with remnants of his delicacies is out there demanding change.
Artisan who regularly swindle their customers are out there demanding change.

Lecturers who sleeps with his female students and forced males to pay his way through is also out there demanding change.

Trader who will increase price just on speculation is out there demanding change.

Civil servants who are building houses that when their salaries for hundred years without them spending a kobo from it cannot build is out there demanding change.

CSOs that are living large on grants meant to better the lot of the people and purpose for establishing them are out there demanding change.

When you look at us and our characters, you see sharp contrasts from what we demand. We are not better than those in government that we vilify regularly.

*It is a contradiction for cruel people to demand kind leaders. Be the change you demand.*
An Igbo adage says, if everyone on a street cleans their frontage, the street will be clean.
Let it begin with you and me.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by okenwa216(m): 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
luvmijeje:
That's the result when a society elevate yahoo boys and Cultists above his security agency.

How can a sane government and her citizens support the dissolution of SARS. That's the simple reason they have the gut to misbehave.

Criminals!

Odeh oshi...you sef want to trend on Nairaland with ur big head. Fool
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Swipa: 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
ijustdey:

Your employer abandons you, the people you are supposed to be safe guarding abandons you when it matters most.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/endsars-protest-we-feel-abandoned-police-officers/
Mehn. So sad. The govt has abandoned the police. Policemen are paid peanuts while politicians loot.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by 3kay945(m): 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
Raychee:

That they are paid peanuts doesn't automatically give them the right to harass citizens. Several people earn less than the police and they don't go about killing people. Some teachers earn 15k or less but do not start teaching their students the wrong things

I understand your point, but have you thought of the instruments in their hands?

Its power! It command respect and also influence the holder.

It will take an extra ordinary being to carry such weapons without being corrupt. No welfare, salary poor, no insurance scheme etc.

The truth be told, our system is the reflection of the police.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Aladdin1(m): 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
Na by force? make una resign make dem employ young graduates to replace those old useless unsophisticated criminal nigerian policemen.dis people neva learn anything at all!!.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Theboss100(m): 6:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
Princedapace:

But why is it that police own is hated with passion?

Go to immigration and see corruption. I obtained international passport few days ago, I saw corruption, heavy ones. Go to FRSCN and see corruption. How about custom? Extreme corruption. The list goes on!

The only reason that of police is well pronounced is that they interact with more Nigerians daily than most of these agencies. Nigeria is inside corruption. Too much!

Deeply rooted in corruption. It became worse immediately Buhari d..ed. u know what I mean.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by UCMax1: 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2020
TemmyT002:
This man is funny. Why do people treat Airforce and Navy officers with respect and don't hate them?
Don't mind that fool! people would always hate the police as a result of their unjust killings,maiming,framing up of innocent people,unlawful brutality and extortion. They thought that they were above the law and can do all manner of evil just because they are on uniform and carrying gun

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Nato008(m): 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2020
MalaikaEH:
I really empatize with the rank and file of the police.

There was a problem of crowd gathering in most cities. A problem that could easily go out of hands and out of control. All our president, vice president, governors, senate, rep members and even the Inspector general of police could say was warn the rank and file of the police not to disrupt the "peaceful protests". It's demoralising. If I were a police man, I will feel dejected too. Well, we have all seen the end result.

Nobody should get my message wrongly. I have also suffered suffered in the hands of overzealous SARS in the past. But we can't throw the baby away with the bath water. The good ones among them are very useful. I can't forget a particular night armed robbers besieged our street. It was the police that saved us that night. They are important in the society.

Despite all the protests in USA, President Trump never criticized any police officer, even till today and they don't mind giving their lives for him. That is a good example of how a leader should behave towards his foot soldiers during the time of crises. After the crises, you catch the erring ones and discipline them. Giving them a blanket warning at that time will only demoralize them.
bro do u see police in the USA shooting with reckless abandonment knowing that there are civilians....everytime, we hear of stray bullet...why
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Incognito403: 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2020
Ologbojo2023:
can't you shut up there, were you there. Do you witness the event that unfold on that day.stop spreading lies in social media if you're not a witness to what happen. Some family are still mourning their demus. To spark more hatred with what you type there, right now we need peace not words to hype the tension on ground

I see you're pained that your propaganda is being busted
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Aladdin1(m): 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2020
Na by force? make una resign make dem employ young graduates to replace those old useless unsophisticated criminal nigerian policemen.dis people neva learn anything at all!!.See the nonsense wey olokpa dey yarn.so dem be want make dem give dem chance to be trigger-happy? na God go judge una!.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by israelchinedu: 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2020
you are very stupid, when you are busy collecting money and killing the people you claim to protect , what did you expect?
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Theboss100(m): 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
PissfulProtester:
please marry me. If you are married, I can be your second husband please.

You are one of the few with brain in this country. So many dumb people that I hate being a part of them.
U're a big M...UM U.
I hate stupid people. Simp like I.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Reference(m): 6:16pm On Oct 25, 2020
So without shooting people the police cannot do their jobs. Standards everywhere have collapsed. I think they should all just resign enmass.

And we start from scratch, the DSS, NDLEA, civil defence, road safety and other paramilitaries taking over responsibiities in the interim while an entirely new organisarion is formed.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Throwback: 6:16pm On Oct 25, 2020
Blackmiserable:

If there were no yahoo boys, SARS wouldn't be necessary. You don't hate yahoo boys

Where in the acronym SARS is internet fraud?
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by superlightning: 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2020
Blackmiserable:

You're the ones who should be quiet.

Was the endsars protest an agitation for police corruption?

Now that the police could not effectively police the lootings by hoodlums because of the directive from above not to shoot, don't you see how their absence breeds anarchy and lawlessness

Which would you rather prefer: A society where the police is very brutal to offenders or a society where everyone polices their own affairs? You guys are so dumb, honestly.

Did we tell them not to stop the lawlessness? Your logic is silly.

They extort, harass, rape, obstruct justice, terrorize with their uniform and suddenly they want to present themselves as BEING PERSECUTED? Even you holding brief for them have a serious problem

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Throwback: 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2020
Blackmiserable:

If there were no yahoo boys, SARS wouldn't be necessary. You don't hate yahoo boys

Was SARS set up to combat internet fraud?
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Bahamas95(m): 6:20pm On Oct 25, 2020
Nobody forced them to join the police force. If they are not ready to perform their duties like they do in sane countries they should resign.

If you see where oyibo police dey arrest suspect to be thief sef go hungry you. But for Nigeria dem fit kill you for road with beating before you reach station sef.

Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Blackmiserable(m): 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2020
Throwback:

Was SARS set up to combat internet fraud?

They are a special arm of the police force and the extent of their responsibilities may extend to that.
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Thereishel: 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2020
Princedapace:

But why is it that police own is hated with passion?

Go to immigration and see corruption. I obtained international passport few days ago, I saw corruption, heavy ones. Go to FRSCN and see corruption. How about custom? Extreme corruption. The list goes on!

The only reason that of police is well pronounced is that they interact with more Nigerians daily than most of these agencies. Nigeria is inside corruption. Too much!

Immigration don't kill people indiscriminately police do and put innocent people in jail

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by oyeb15: 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2020
I hate Nigerian police. I will rather spare a snake than a policeman
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Raychee(f): 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2020
3kay945:

I understand your point, but have you thought of the instruments in their hands?

Its power! It command respect and also influence the holder.

It will take an extra ordinary being to carry such weapons without being corrupt. No welfare, salary poor, no insurance scheme etc.

The truth be told, our system is the reflection of the police.

I don't think it needs an extraordinary person to carry such weapons without being corrupt. It takes a normal person who knows right from wrong. I get your point though. They need better but directing their aggression towards the people is not the way to go. May God bless the good ones out there.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by boxypane(m): 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2020
Incognito403:

Everyone who exposed your lies is a paid writer. But you who's busy spreading falsehood and fake news isn't paid.

Isn't it funny how you try to silent your opposition but accuse Buhari of dictatorship?!

Face the topic and stop begging the question.
interesting! you are quick to disclose the fact that you were insensitive and naive of the fact finding clips, news and unequalled evidence televised as authenticated by both BBC, CNN and Arise TV,. Even Channels TV was on ground.
Will I be correct if I put the notion to you that you are insensitive and oblivious to facts that your president is a leaving sponge and his current followers can't see further than what he presents.
1st advice, look, really take a thought, then leap or don't.
2nd advice, please read the address of Chimamanda Adichie to learn how your president should tackle issues of national unity and security,
Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Reference(m): 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
miko1988:
One thing I want Nigerians to understand, if police stop taking bribe , bet me more than 50% of Nigerians will be in prison,,, similarly to lecturers , if lecturers stop receiving sorting I bet you, so many students will not graduate from University,,, we Nigerians r not sincere to ourselves,,, when ur broda or sister is involved in crime, you use all possible means to beg police with money to escape justice,,, what I know is dat , no Nigerian can boldly ask police to charge their loved ones to court known d fact that the person actually commit d said offence ,,, some police officers have died in the hands of criminals while trying to rescue others ,,,, even if we have some bad eggs in police, killing dem and children randomly in the name of protest is bad

Perhaps that's why crime is so rampant....because the police is for sale. This is a daft chicken and egg argument.

Anyway the people have rolled the dice and broken the cycle. Let the police respond with probity and let us see the crime rate fall for once in our lifetime.

Then perhaps we can all put our car papers in order for once and get decent jobs rather than live on crminality....duh...is that not what decent societies strive for..

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 25, 2020
Nigeria Police motto is "I will kill you and nothing will happen"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

26-Year-Old Rukayat Shittu Wins Owode/Onire Assembly Seat In Kwara / INEC Mulling Postponement Of Governorship Elections - The Cable / Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.