Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men (15216 Views)

Why Did You Delete Your Braless Val Post, Are You Ashamed? - Slay Mama Blasted / Queen Farcadi, Ghanaian Prostitute: "I Earn Over N2.3m Monthly, I'm Not Ashamed" / 'Edo Ladies In Italy Have Sex In The Bush, I'm Ashamed Of Them" - Edo Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
WoundedLamb:

You are mixing it all up. Personal affection for people is your business and no one can tell you how to do that except your conscience. The problem is when you do not give people the same playground/opportunities. You can love your cousins from the here to the moon but when you are in HR and you give the job to someone from your family instead of the more qualified fulani guy, then that's inequality. When two people apply for a job and you give it to the man cause you think the women can't do just cause she's a woman, that's prejudice. When you call wizkid's baby mamas "olosho" and call Wizkid "wizy my guy", that's bias.

If not, so why do we denounce tribalism, racism and politics brutality? Why do we complain when politicians send theirs kids abroad and leave us with dilapidated hospitals? Why don't we say, "well, we are not equal"? The fact is that we only complain of inequality when it affects us. Otherwise, we make excuses for it.
1. There are 100s of jobs women can't do well in simply because they are women, same with men.
We only denounce tribalism with lips just to make everyone feel useful and reduce mass frustration. We're all tribalists, we're all racists. Tribalism is innate in humans. It's an evolution mechanism to protect ourselves.
A woman's chastity is very valuable whereas a man's chastity is useless. Nobody gives a shiiit about a virgin man, in fact they are even shamed. Women are shamed for having sex while men are shamed for not having sex. You hear derogatory words like incels, virgins, " you can't get laid" etc. We all have biases it's just different.
Naturally, a man is supposed to have sex with many women for population and survival of the human race (although it is no longer important since humans are now even fighting overpopulation) while women are supposed to have sex with the best man. Women are celebrated for gold digging and catching a wealthy man while men are hailed for laying different beautiful girls

5 Likes

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by Zither(m): 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
Shortyy:
A woman posted that she was beaten because she denied her husband sex. And all the comments from men here commended the man for beating his wife. Is this how low men have become because of sex? No atom of sympathy whatsoever! I do hope it's their normal jokes and trolling, becausw if truly this is how all men are, God will surely understand if I decide not to be with one.

Nobody bothered to know what could have led the woman to make such decision. Could it be she was sick, or she was having menstrual cramp, or she wasn't just in the mood! Fgs no matter what, bride price or no bride price, humanity comes first. How could you justify a human beating his fellow human just because of 2 minutes pleasure? Are you all beasts? Oh My God. I am disgusted.

A woman you dated, promised to love for the rest of your life against all odds. Then you turn her into a punching bag because of sex. You never married her for any other reason just for sex. How unfortunate.

Hey, don't run into conclusions or generalize the nature of men based on the comments of a few fellows here who lack empathy. I was reading the same thread but left in disgust half way through the first page for the same reason you created this thread. It is what it is. If you think all men are like most of the nairaland guys here who are toddlers mentally you have another think coming.

That said, nairaland has many toddlers and adults. Look for the latter and roll with them.
Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2020
Shortyy:
It'll be better that way. I'm not going to subject myself to perpetual suffering because I want to answer "wife" a wife is not a slave, she's your partner. A half of you.
When women ask for sex men give it to them
But when men ask for sex they will say their tired.
Why are you women like this?
You expect men to know your feelings but you don't care about ours angry
The man in question is very unfortunate for beating that woman.but if the man want to go out to find someone else the woman will pull up a fight
Should this man now die of konji?
Light a matches and place it on your skin see how painful it is before you use it to burn someone else angry
Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by WoundedLamb: 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2020
Sotland:

Did i hear you say "The problem is when the society is explicitly tweaked to give men more recognition and freedom ''lol... Sorry bro, nothing was explicitly tweaked as said.....It's our culture from origin and an abstract of the same culture in the bible..

No matter how you try to twist it.. The facts remains that men and female are never equal and cannot be equal.. Its shown in every instance even in sports.. That being said, Bible wasn't writing with carnal knowledge but with the wisdom from above.. No matter how wise you claim to be, you can never be wiser than Solomon..

Even in the western world, when they speak of gender equality, it's definition is completely different from how u define it in this part of the world...

Society is not tweaked, it is your culture? Lol. What do you think society is? Society is a function of your culture, dude. And it is that your culture that is explicitly bias. It's actually ridiculous when men hold on to "it is out culture" to maintain their status over women cause it's obvious you only call on culture when it suits you. Is Christianity your culture? That bible you've been quoting, is it your culture? The clothe you wear to work, is it your culture? Or you only choose to be culture police when you feel threatened? Culture evolves to fit into the ever changing world and any culture that chooses to be static will not only hold the people back but will also become toxic over time. That is the case in Nigeria. The world thinks you should be better off cause you have the population but your human capital index is extremely low since it's mostly the male population encouraged to be productive while the women are expected to be in the kitchen cooking or in the church praying for the men.

People no longer kill twins as they used to do in some places. People no longer force women to marry their late husband's brother as was the culture in some places. The osu culture has been abolished. Virginity testing before or during marriage in order to shame the woman found wanting has been tossed aside where they used to be "our culture". Men are no longer flogged before marriage where it was cultural. Genital mutilation, exclusion of the girl child in inheritance, and other such things are in the pipeline. The point here is that your culture is not carved on stone. So saying, "it is our culture" is a ridiculous excuse for denying people equal opportunities. You own the culture, the culture does not own you. So why play the cultural slave?

Gender equality is gender quality. Equality is acknowledging the absence of superiority and getting rid of the prejudice that come with it. It is about giving equal opportunities and treatment. You don't have two differentiate African version from that of the western world.

1 Like

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by WoundedLamb: 11:26pm On Oct 27, 2020
Nuel4:

1. There are 100s of jobs women can't do well in simply because they are women, same with men.
We only denounce tribalism with lips just to make everyone feel useful and reduce mass frustration. We're all tribalists, we're all racists. Tribalism is innate in humans. It's an evolution mechanism to protect ourselves.
A woman's chastity is very valuable whereas a man's chastity is useless. Nobody gives a shiiit about a virgin man, in fact they are even shamed. Women are shamed for having sex while men are shamed for not having sex. You hear derogatory words like incels, virgins, " you can't get laid" etc. We all have biases it's just different.
Naturally, a man is supposed to have sex with many women for population and survival of the human race (although it is no longer important since humans are now even fighting overpopulation) while women are supposed to have sex with the best man. Women are celebrated for gold digging and catching a wealthy man while men are hailed for laying different beautiful girls

There might be jobs more suitable for each gender. I never argued that. But let the recruitment process weed out the unsuitable candidate and not bias. I have never carried anything on my head in my life but I've seen women carrying water without even holding it. Yet when we both apply for a cement carrying job at a construction site, I'll be taken over such women who are experienced in carrying things. We know such jobs are meant for strong people but it would have been better if we both were asked to carry things so that the supervisors would see who carries it better, faster or longer. If a woman stays away from such jobs cause it's difficult, that's ok. Men have more muscles so it is very understandable but when anyone shows interest, test them and let them fail. After all, there's almost no job men don't do these days.

Inequality is about not giving people equal opportunities based on their biological genders. When people are given the same opportunities, thier nature (be it intelligence, strength or physique) will place them accordingly. When you advertise for a cook, let them man apply if he wants, and if he doesn't do well, reject him. But do not cast him out on the bases of his gender. When a woman is vying for a top position, evaluate her credentials and vote accordingly instead of looking at the gender. Sending the boy child to a better school to study medicine not cause he is more intelligent but simply cause he's the man is inequality.

I actually find your second point funny cause you just outlined the bias I'm talking about. The fact that women are shamed for having sex while men are encouraged to do so is the gender bias we are saying should be scrapped so I find it funny that you're using it as a point. Apparently you grew up in that society and you are the favored gender so you just accept it as how things are/should be. But the truth is, even though that is how things are, that is not how they should be. If our daughters being chaste is so important to us, then hailing men for sleeping around is the height of stupidity cause they wouldn't sleep with themselves. I don't agree that men are meant to have multiple partners for the world to go on. In fact, that could even be the cause of the overflowing population today. Again, even if men are meant to have many women, is this also before marriage? If not, then why do we hail men who sleep with different girls before marriage and shame the girls as if they slept with themselves? Does it really make sense to you that the same men that seek and sleep with the women are the ones shaming them for sleeping with men? There's no justification for the bias.
Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by Sixfeetbelle: 11:35pm On Oct 27, 2020
Zither:

Hey, don't run into conclusions or generalize the nature of men based on the comments of a few fellows here who lack empathy. I was reading the same thread but left in disgust half way through the first page for the same reason you created this thread. It is what it is. If you think all men are like most of the nairaland guys here who are toddlers mentally you have another think coming.

That said, nairaland has many toddlers and adults. Look for the latter and roll with them.

My problem with people like you who go with the "don't take them too serious" chant is that you fail to see the impact on social media space that these "toddlers" like you termed them make on some group of people who actually take social media as their reality. While the toddlers log out at the end of the day forgetting the insensitive and crass comments they filled up these forum with, the emotionally immature ones stay up to digest these information and carry it out as their reality, thus indirectly creating monsters out of them.

Forgive me if it seems I'm taking out my anger directly on you, but I wish you lots would stop with the excuses and stomp on bad behaviour just like the Op had done. Call a spade a spade and don't excuse it as if their online personality is different from their offline personality. It is not.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 27, 2020
Limitless72:

This response is not just satirical, sarcastical, rhetorical, but fvcking hilarious grin grin grin grin

Lol,,,,,grin
Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 27, 2020
SweetCunt97:
hmmmmmmm, faintly instantly huh? Do you have six packs? wink

Lol,,,,grin

grin

Wetin concern six packs ? grin
Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by SINGLE4LIFEEE: 11:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
Shortyy:
It'll be better that way. I'm not going to subject myself to perpetual suffering because I want to answer "wife" a wife is not a slave, she's your partner. A half of you.
till your papa pursue you commot house grin
Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
Tango123:

So, if u marry a woman who beats u u will always walk away, and remain in the marriage, and she continues to beat u?

Lol,,

Dis yaa question is somehow somehow,,,grin

God should not allow us jam bad thing my brother,,,,,grin

But is their a woman that can beat me up sha,,,,cheesy

Anyway I will send her to her papa house,,,,,,,

You guys misinterpreted what I wrote,,,

I'm not saying she should go unpunished,, but beating her shouldn't be the punishment,,,,wink
Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 27, 2020
Lol you are very funny. I would like to wake up tomorrow with a Rolls Royce and chauffeur at my doorstep with a my dining table filled with roast turkey and Belaire Rose. What you wish were reality is just that, wishes, not real. What I find funny about SJWs like you is that you have zero idea what the world was like 50 years ago or even how the world works now.
Humans are stereotypical. This is how we survived the jungles and evolved to stage. Men are stronger than women, physically. An average man is taller, bigger, faster and stronger than an average woman which makes some works more suitable for men. Majority of the time women can't even pass those tests so they have to lower the bars for them to meet the standard ( see US navy SEALS). In the University I went to the demographics was around 65% females and 35% males. That's the same in most universities in Nigeria except if the department is Physics, Mathematics or Engineering which most girls run away from. My department was around 78% females to 22% males. The notion that girls are deprived education is simply false. In the past it was true but not any longer. The reason more men were educated in the past is simply because parents viewed education as some sort of training which once you graduate from you are expected to work yourself to death in order to feed all the people around you. Women aren't saddled with the responsibility of providing money so why were parents supposed to waste time training them on how to slave themselves to early grave when that's not their job? Education is now for enlightenment that's why more women are now getting educated plus working is now mostly in offices with AC etc.

Are you telling me you don't understand what I wrote there? Lol. Women are shamed for having sex while men are shamed for not having sex. We're all shamed, but differently. This is the problem with SJWs, you assume everything is black and white. You assumed that the only way a man can be shamed is to also call him olosho etc lol that's not how the world work. Have you ever heard the word incel? It's the word women use to shame men they think are unable find a woman to have sex with.

I hate typing long epistles
Cc
WoundedLamb

4 Likes

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by WoundedLamb: 12:46am On Oct 28, 2020
Nuel4:
Lol you are very funny. I would like to wake up tomorrow with a Rolls Royce and chauffeur at my doorstep with a my dining table filled with roast turkey and Belaire Rose. What you wish were reality is just that, wish, not real. What I find funny about SJWs like you is that you have zero idea what the world was like 50 years ago or even how the world works now.
Humans are stereotypical. This is how we survived the jungles and evolved to stage. Men are stronger than women, physically. An average man is taller, bigger, faster and stronger than an average woman which makes some works more suitable for men. Majority of the time women can't even pass those tests so they have to lower the bars for them to meet the standard ( see US navy SEALS). In the University I went to the demographics was around 65% females and 35% males. That's the same in most universities in Nigeria. My department was around 78% females to 22% males. The notion that girls are deprived education is simply false. In the past it was true but not any longer. The reason more men were educated in the past is simply because parents viewed education as some sort of training which once you graduate from you are expected to work yourself to death in order to feed all the people around you. Women aren't saddled with the responsibility of providing money so why were parents supposed to waste time training them on how to slave themselves to early grave when that's not their job? Education is now for enlightenment that's why more women are now getting educated plus working is now mostly in offices with AC etc.

Are you telling me you don't understand what I wrote there? Lol. Women are shamed for having sex while men are shamed for not having sex. We're all shamed, but differently. This is the problem with SJWs, you assume everything is black and white. You assumed since men are hailed for having sex with many women it means oppression for women. Have you ever heard the word incel?

Cc
WoundedLamb

It was a mere wish in the western world but now, things are getting better. Women driving was a mere wish in Saudi Arabia but now it is reality. Women being a chancellor was a mere wish in Germany but a reality now. Don't live in denial, even the current situation for women in Nigeria today was a mere wish for them 100 years ago. That alone should tell you a lot. Change is constant, the world is evolving. You can't always hide under the umbrella of "man" to enjoy certain privileges alone. You mentioned the population of women as a reason for men having multiple sex partners but the fact is that men that sleep around do not do that bearing in mind, "oh.. we just want to save the world". They do that cause they enjoy it. All these you are typing is just to justify it. But let's assume that was any reason to go by, why are women in Qatar not marrying at least two men each to save the day since the number of males in that country is almost three times the number of females? Guess what, the men still sleep around there while women are shamed for having even a boyfriend. So what's the excuse?

Education wise, have you been to Northern Nigeria? Yes, the number of girls enrolled into school went up in the early 1990's and the outcome of that is just about to be felt cause kids born then are still young and there's still higher male adult literacy in the country. But the enveloping figures hide the ugly situation in Northern Nigeria where early marriage and religious misinterpretation has reduced girls to child bearing and pleasure machines (or maybe not misinterpretation cause most religions outrightly discriminates against women).

You guys always call on physical strength when the issue of gender is called up but you forget that one does not need equal physical strength to ensure gender equality cause equality is not about the two genders doing the same thing but about the two genders having equal opportunities. Like I said earlier, jobs that require physical strength naturally weed out those who can't do them. That's why you wouldn't even see female "conductors" in Lagos. Nobody will accuse you of being bias if a woman doesn't get a job that requires more strength than she has. That's not prejudice. But you don't physical strength to give women equal recognition in society. And it all starts from the Nigerian schools where the class monitor is expected to be a boy regardless of how bold, intelligent or fierce the girls are. The senior prefect is expected to be a boy. It's cultural for for class reps and SUG presidents to be men. These are not jobs that require physical strength. But men feel they can't be led by a woman. The bias is in all societal circles. At work, in the church, on social media, etc.

Your last paragraph still makes me laugh and I don't want to believe you're being serious. So men are shamed for not having enough sex and you're trying to say the two genders are therefore equally shamed? How convenient! Lmao. Maybe we should shame our politicians for not stealing enough money so that they will feel the same shame poor feel for not having good clothes. grin
Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 28, 2020
i will beat her if she refuse it to me without any good reason because if i cheat she will be the first one to complain

3 Likes

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by Nobody: 1:25am On Oct 28, 2020
I don't even know if you are ignorant or you are just trying to not accept you're delusional. Which state are women in that's oppressive? There're millions of women who are 100x better and more privileged than their male counterparts.
I never cited female population as the reason for polygamy, I said human population. Just 50 years ago population meant everything. Societies with larger population win wars, were more developed were more respected etc. To grow population you need polygamy. 1 man can marry 200 wives and they will all be pregnant and they will all give birth to at least 200 babies in 1.5 years but 1 woman can't bear children for 3 different men in 2 years and even if she gives birth none of the men will be sure whom the real father is. that's why polyandry was never encouraged throughout human history it's counter productive and leads to chaos. women can't marry two men. Women aren't biologically capable of marrying two men at the same time.

Men and women are not the same so they are never Judged the same way. A man is supposed to woo a woman and convince her to have sex with him. Any woman who is easily convinced and laid is considered loose and any man who can easily convince a woman to get laid with him is considered a high valued male with charm and charisma. A man who can't convince a woman to have sex with him is considered a loser. How exactly do you want this explained to you? Are you 17?
Search the world incel on Google and see how derogatory it is and why women use it to demean men.
Go to Twitter and type the word incel and educate yourself. You don't know what incel is, why it is derogatory and why women use it as insult towards men, you dont know why "virgin boy" is derogatory and you somehow convince yourself you know what you are talking about when talking about gender bias? grin grin

By the way women in the Western world aren't treated equally as their male counterparts. They're the most privileged group of people in the history of mankind.

Cc
WoundedLamb

4 Likes

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by WoundedLamb: 2:41am On Oct 28, 2020
Nuel4:
I don't even know if you are ignorant or you are just trying to not accept you're delusional. Which state are women are that's oppressive? There're millions of women who are 100x better and more privileged than their male counterparts.
I never cited female population as the reason for polygamy, I said human population. Just 50 years ago population meant everything. Societies with larger population win wars, were more developed were more respected etc. To grow population you need polygamy. 1 man can marry 200 wives and they will all be pregnant and they will all give birth to at least 200 babies in 1.5 years but 1 woman can't bear children for 3 different men in 2 years and even if she gives birth none of the men will be sure whom the real father is. that's why polyandry was never encouraged throughout human history it's counter productive and leads to chaos. women can't marry two men. Women aren't biologically capable of marrying two men at the same time.

Men and women are not the same so they are never Judged the same way. A man is supposed to woo a woman and convince her to have sex with him. Any woman who is easily convinced and laid is considered loose and any man who can easily convince a woman to get laid with him is considered a high valued male with charm and charisma. A man who can't convince a woman to have sex with him is considered a loser. How exactly do you want this explained to you? Are you 17?
Search the world incel on Google and see how derogatory it is and why women use it to demean men.
Go to Twitter and type the word incel and educate yourself.

By the way women in the Western world aren't treated equally as their male counterparts. They're the most privileged group of people in the history of mankind.

Cc
WoundedLamb

Well, I already know most of you can't argue without resorting to calling names but I will ignore those and concentrate on the points raised.

First the chat is within the context of Nigeria, right? Yes, there are some rich women in Nigeria who are doing so well but even these rich women aren't free from the gender bias. Last week, Genevieve Nnaji made some financial contributions to a certain society in a bid to support gender empowerment. Some people came there to drag her for being single. Her contributions didn't impress them cause they couldn't see a man to attribute that too. That's the mindset of an average Nigerian. People that used to call Mercy Johnson "olosho" now see her as a role model cause she slowed down her acting career to bear kids. While this is a nice choice, it shouldn't be used to judge others. In Nigeria, women are judged on their ability too cook, wash plates, keep the house clean, do the laundry, take care of the kids, etc. Even when they request for washing machines, pounding machines or a house help, men see them as not being quality wife materials. Some men (especially Muslims) don't even want their wives to do office work. Women can't travel based on career but men can run the family from anywhere. At first, this was because women take care of the kids. But even when the woman wants to move with the kids, she is still not allowed. Even in the total absence of kids, women still lose a lot of opportunities cause their men want them to stay and take care of them. There's always this subtle threat of if you go, your man would cheat. Girls are indoctrinated to believe finding a husband is the ultimate goal while boys are encouraged to be ambitious. A single lady with a good job is asked not to live alone or buy a car in order not to scare away men. Men are threatened by the woman's success. The most annoying is that despite these sacrifices, Nairaland boys would still call any flashy lady or wealthy lady derogatory names like ashawo, olosho, milf, etc. The point is, regardless of a women's achievement, she is judged by her ability to have, keep and please a man. Anyone who can't see the bias is either blind or being dishonest.

I am not 17 sir. But you are explaining to me the exact mindset I am saying should be discarded. And because you were born into it, you are so narrow minded that you can't even fathom the possibility of change. I just don't see how that translate into a point. You keep saying men are judged this way while women are judged that way; who does the judgement? The same men? That judgment is what I am saying should be reviewed so you reiterating that makes look as if you don't understand the crux of the conversation yet. Isn't the bias in that judgment clear enough? They enjoy seeking out women for pleasure and they judge themselves based on their ability to do just that which they love doing and you are citing that to support your argument? How can you be shamed for not doing just what you love doing naturally? Isn't it obvious it's a solidarity to ensure sexual liberation on thier own part while the women are expected to be devoured? A man is not considered lose for having sex but a women is. And we should go with cause that's how it is? Who does the considerations? That a culture has been there for long doesn't automatically make it right.

I don't know if you recently learned the word "incel" but if you had any idea what it is, you would have known that it only weakens your argument. An online subculture of narcissism, misogyny, self entitlement and excessive masculine supremacy that blames women for the the inabilities of men is what you want to use to back your argument? Who is shaming the incel community if the same incel community? Do you know how many deaths caused by the so-called incels? How many black people do you even know that self identify as members of the incel community? How did incel become a model to the point that you'd use such a terrifying ideology to even support an argument for masculine superiority? At this point, I might as well use your own words and ask you to find out more about the community cause I don't think people in Nigeria know a thing about them except the term itself. That beast is what NL boys is turning into and instead of you to be worried, you're citing them. I'd rather not talk about incel cause no sane human, male or female, would reference that terror.

NB: Women don't have more rights than men anywhere. Not surprised an African would see female liberation as having more rights cause men can't easily lord it over women, hit her or abuse her like African men do but no, men still enjoy more recognition and less judgment even in the western world.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 28, 2020
Oh my god! I have wasted my time arguing with someone who confidently spouts things he has zero idea about.
What's incel community? Disagree with a woman online and she will call you an "incel" which means involuntary celebate which means men who are unable to find or attract a woman to have sex with. That's the reverse word for olosho, whorre etc. The way some men dismiss women opinions as that of an olosho is the exact same way women dismiss men's opinion as that of an incel.
No human being on earth identify as an incel. It is a swear word. There are no incel communities causing deaths anywhere. Go educate yourself on the going ons in the world before you ignorantly spout rubbish
Lol so this is the person I have been wasting my time trying to educate? Lol
You went to search the word on Google and carbon copied a feminists' derogatory talking points and quickly came here to regurgitate what you were fed grin grin

CAPSLOCKED Martinez39 I don't know if you guys can help me explain this incel issue to this guy
WoundedLamb:

Well, I already know most of you can't argue without resorting to calling names but I will ignore those and concentrate on the points raised.

First the chat is within the context of Nigeria, right? Yes, there are some rich women in Nigeria who are doing so well but even these rich women aren't free from the gender bias. Last week, Genevieve Nnaji made some financial contributions to a certain society in a bid to support gender empowerment. Some people came there to drag her for being single. Her contributions didn't impress them cause they couldn't see a man to attribute that too. That's the mindset of an average Nigerian. People that used to call Mercy Johnson "olosho" now see her as a role model cause she slowed down her acting career to bear kids. While this is a nice choice, it shouldn't be used to judge others. In Nigeria, women are judged on their ability too cook, wash plates, keep the house clean, do the laundry, take care of the kids, etc. Even when they request for washing machines, pounding machines or a house help, men see them as not being quality wife materials. Some men (especially Muslims) don't even want their wives to do office work. Women can't travel based on career but men can run the family from anywhere. At first, this was because women take care of the kids. But even when the woman wants to move with the kids, she is still not allowed. Even in the total absence of kids, women still lose a lot of opportunities cause their men want them to stay and take care of them. There's always this subtle threat of if you go, your man would cheat. Girls are indoctrinated to believe finding a husband is the ultimate goal while boys are encouraged to be ambitious. A single lady with a good job is asked not to live alone or buy a car in order not to scare away men. Men are threatened by the woman's success. The most annoying is that despite these sacrifices, Nairaland boys would still call any flashy lady or wealthy lady derogatory names like ashawo, olosho, milf, etc. The point is, regardless of a women's achievement, she is judged by her ability to have, keep and please a man. Anyone who can't see the bias is either blind or being dishonest.

I am not 17 sir. But you are explaining to me the exact mindset I am saying should be discarded. And because you were born into it, you are so narrow minded that you can't even fathom the possibility of change. I just don't see how that translate into a point. You keep saying men are judged this way while women are judged that way; who does the judgement? The same men? That judgment is what I am saying should be reviewed so you reiterating that makes look as if you don't understand the crux of the conversation yet. Isn't the bias in that judgment clear enough? They enjoy seeking out women for pleasure and they judge themselves based on their ability to do just that which they love doing and you are citing that to support your argument? How can you be shamed for not doing just what you love doing naturally? Isn't it obvious it's a solidarity to ensure sexual liberation on thier own part while the women are expected to be devoured? A man is not considered lose for having sex but a women is. And we should go with cause that's how it is? Who does the considerations? That a culture has been there for long doesn't automatically make it right.

I don't know if you recently learned the word "incel" but if you had any idea what it is, you would have known that it only weakens your argument. An online subculture of narcissism, misogyny, self entitlement and excessive masculine supremacy that blames women for the the inabilities of men is what you want to use to back your argument? Who is shaming the incel community if the same incel community? Do you know how many deaths caused by the so-called incels? How many black people do you even know that self identify as members of the incel community? How did incel become a model to the point that you'd use such a terrifying ideology to even support an argument for masculine superiority? At this point, I might as well use your own words and ask you to find out more about the community cause I don't think people in Nigeria know a thing about them except the term itself. That beast is what NL boys is turning into and instead of you to be worried, you're citing them. I'd rather not talk about incel cause no sane human, male or female, would reference that terror.

NB: Women don't have more rights than men anywhere. Not surprised an African would see female liberation as having more rights cause men can't easily lord it over women, hit her or abuse her like African men do but no, men still enjoy more recognition and less judgment even in the western world.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by healthbing(f): 7:45am On Oct 28, 2020
This life is not easy at all
People go through messy situations daily..
Is only God that will help us
That's why it's important to pray well and go for counselling before marriage.
And courting for at least 1yr before marriage is very important..
At least before the end of the courtship you will be convinced that you can live with him
And again their are certain red flags u don't ignore when dating like the issue of violence in relationship..
And again people should learn to try and solve their problem before bringing it online..
A forum like this is not the best place to seek advice..
Because may are mentally and emotional not okay..
Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by Sotland: 7:48am On Oct 28, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Society is not tweaked, it is your culture? Lol. What do you think society is? Society is a function of your culture, dude. And it is that your culture that is explicitly bias. It's actually ridiculous when men hold on to "it is out culture" to maintain their status over women cause it's obvious you only call on culture when it suits you. Is Christianity your culture? That bible you've been quoting, is it your culture? The clothe you wear to work, is it your culture? Or you only choose to be culture police when you feel threatened? Culture evolves to fit into the ever changing world and any culture that chooses to be static will not only hold the people back but will also become toxic over time. That is the case in Nigeria. The world thinks you should be better off cause you have the population but your human capital index is extremely low since it's mostly the male population encouraged to be productive while the women are expected to be in the kitchen cooking or in the church praying for the men.

People no longer kill twins as they used to do in some places. People no longer force women to marry their late husband's brother as was the culture in some places. The osu culture has been abolished. Virginity testing before or during marriage in order to shame the woman found wanting has been tossed aside where they used to be "our culture". Men are no longer flogged before marriage where it was cultural. Genital mutilation, exclusion of the girl child in inheritance, and other such things are in the pipeline. The point here is that your culture is not carved on stone. So saying, "it is our culture" is a ridiculous excuse for denying people equal opportunities. You own the culture, the culture does not own you. So why play the cultural slave?

Gender equality is gender quality. Equality is acknowledging the absence of superiority and getting rid of the prejudice that come with it. It is about giving equal opportunities and treatment. You don't have two differentiate African version from that of the western world.

(Gender equality is gender quality. Equality is acknowledging the absence of superiority and getting rid of the prejudice that come with it) I never asked for the literal definition..

You could as well say that all your fingers are equal.. You could as well say that God is equal to gods. Stop deluding yourself, men and women are not equal. Even the animals in the forest are not equal. For instance, among the big cats, the lion can never be equal to others.

FYI:, Oh yes! Christianity is a way of life that reflects in our characters . it depends how you see or take Christianity .. Just in case you don't know, there is a big different between Tradition and culture. You'd mix it up in your comment so I will leave you to find out the difference ..lol..

5 Likes

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by Zither(m): 8:14am On Oct 28, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

My problem with people like you who go with the "don't take them too serious" chant is that you fail to see the impact on social media space that these "toddlers" like you termed them make on some group of people who actually take social media as their reality. While the toddlers log out at the end of the day forgetting the insensitive and crass comments they filled up these forum with, the emotionally immature ones stay up to digest these information and carry it out as their reality, thus indirectly creating monsters out of them.

Forgive me if it seems I'm taking out my anger directly on you, but I wish you lots would stop with the excuses and stomp on bad behaviour just like the Op had done. Call a spade a spade and don't excuse it as if their online personality is different from their offline personality. It is not.

A few points if you will. I am not one to sweep trash under the carpet with the suggestion to ignore a toxic group of people online. Believe me, I have dealt with their ilk for as long as I can remember over the years. In actively condemning the sources of those noxious comments I have been at the fore of the crusade. No, I have not taken an early retirement nor do I plan to. I am, by nature, aversed to and continue to oppose the objectification of and domestic violence towards women in hopes that the light of civilization may one day dawn on the dark and reprobate minds of this set of folks of our generation.

If a person is easily influenced by the garbage they read online rather than by the myriad of constructive and informative content that outnumbers the other in greater measure it can only mean they were seeking some validation to clutch as a means to gratify their vile inclinations. It is not behavioural evolution birthed from reading the dull posts of mental slowpokes. Rather, it is their appeal to virulence, barbarism, and savagery in exhibition. A moth will always be attracted to flame.

I understand your anger. I deleted a video I saw earlier (from the same anger) because I could not stomach some parts of the youtube video which captured the way some female reporters were sexually harassed on live tv. It was disturbing to say the least so I get your anger. The fact remains that my hatred towards violence and its attendant justification towards the opposite sex is manifest even when I am silent on the issue.

1 Like

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by Tango123: 9:12am On Oct 28, 2020
Fact1:

Lol,,

Dis yaa question is somehow somehow,,,grin

God should not allow us jam bad thing my brother,,,,,grin

But is their a woman that can beat me up sha,,,,cheesy

Anyway I will send her to her papa house,,,,,,,

You guys misinterpreted what I wrote,,,

I'm not saying she should go unpunished,, but beating her shouldn't be the punishment,,,,wink

U are a funny guy

I dont support violence against women.

But i WILL NEVER TOLERATE VIOLENCE FROM WOMEN. BE IT VERBAL OR PHYSICAL OR EMOTIONAL VIOLENCE. I DONT TOLERATE IT FROM A WOMAN.

I believe bad womwn should be punished as hard as bad men.

So, if a woman becomes violent against me, i will take all necessary legal steps to make sure she gets punished, and that is the end of our relationship

4 Likes

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 28, 2020
Tango123:

U are a funny guy

I dont support violence against women.

But i WILL NEVER TOLERATE VIOLENCE FROM WOMEN. BE IT VERBAL OR PHYSICAL OR EMOTIONAL VIOLENCE. I DONT TOLERATE IT FROM A WOMAN.

I believe bad womwn should be punished as hard as bad men.

So, if a woman becomes violent against me, i will take all necessary legal steps to make sure she gets punished, and that is the end of our relationship

Yeah,, you're right with dat,,,,,,

But the case that is on ground is not about the woman been violent,,,,,

The man beat up his woman,,,,,,,wink
Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 9:56am On Oct 28, 2020
Neither does a married man. Wives also want sex, some maybe even more than their husbands.

If there is a lack of approval of sex at any point in time, beating is not the way to go about it.

FanOfMyself:
Do you know that a married woman no longer has exclusive right to her body.
Bitter truth!

1 Like

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by WoundedLamb: 1:49pm On Oct 28, 2020
Sotland:

(Gender equality is gender quality. Equality is acknowledging the absence of superiority and getting rid of the prejudice that come with it) I never asked for the literal definition..

You could as well say that all your fingers are equal.. You could as well say that God is equal to gods. Stop deluding yourself, men and women are not equal. Even the animals in the forest are not equal. For instance, among the big cats, the lion can never be equal to others.

FYI:, Oh yes! Christianity is a way of life that reflects in our characters . it depends how you see or take Christianity .. Just in case you don't know, there is a big different between Tradition and culture. You'd mix it up in your comment so I will leave you to find out the difference ..lol..

Big cats are not the same animal. Big cats are different animals. Human beings are the same. So thinking one is less than the just other based on the fact that he was born with male organ is outrightly ridiculous. People should be judged based on their content and not what is in between their legs cause they neither chose it nor made any efforts to put it there.

That all fingers are not equal means some people will be richer than others. Some will be taller or smarter or taller, etc. That is given. But you don't pre-determine these people based on their gender or race, that is prejudice. It's an individual difference and not a gender difference.

Culture is a way of life. That is the basic definition. And religion, language, etc. are sub-components of culture. Christianity isn't just a lifestyle but a religion sub, it is a belief system you never knew before colonization. It ceases to be a question of just good character when it says that one man is the only way and must be accepted before one makes it to heaven. Your ancestors didn't have terrible characters but they weren't Christians cause they had a different belief system. Put it however you want, the white man introduced that to you, it wasn't your way of life. So the fact remains that change is inevitable.

I know you'd like to make this a discussion about religion. So I'd call you back to the bone of contention, women and men should be seen as equal humans with different genders.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by WoundedLamb: 1:55pm On Oct 28, 2020
Nuel4:
Oh my god! I have wasted my time arguing with someone who confidently spouts things he has zero idea about.
What's incel community? Disagree with a woman online and she will call you an "incel" which means involuntary celebate which means men who are unable to find or attract a woman to have sex with. That's the reverse word for olosho, whorre etc. The way some men dismiss women opinions as that of an olosho is the exact same way women dismiss men's opinion as that of an incel.
No human being on earth identify as an incel. It is a swear word. There are no incel communities causing deaths anywhere. Go educate yourself on the going ons in the world before you ignorantly spout rubbish
You went to search the word on Google and carbon copied a feminists' derogatory talking points and quickly came here to regurgitate what you were fed grin grin

CAPSLOCKED Martinez39 I don't know if you guys can help me explain this incel issue to this guy

Dude, stop embarrassing yourself on the internet and do a little reading. You're already on a browser, why not type on Google? Before the word incel was ever used to refer to people in a derogatory manner, it has been around for long. Even before it found it's way into the internet, it's been used on the streets. I grew up in North America and I've lived here almost all my life. I can tell you the origin of that word you use as an insult today. It evolved just the way the word 'alpha' is evolving today. People identified explicitly as 'incel' just the way people identify as alpha today. They cited the of women as the reason they don't have enough sex. They didn't see black women as being fuckable. They were racists and women bashers and saw ladies as items that shouldn't be taken seriously. Many people who where necessarily mistreating women called themselves incels. (I have said it on this forum before that if the alpha nonsense onhere is not curtailed, it would lead to something similar). The word only became derogatory when people started using it to abuse non community members. I guess that's when it came into the Nigerian online space.

And just before you make this discussion about "incel", I'd like to remind you that women and men should be different but equal in society. No human being should be seen as lesser human based on gender, race, etc. Let each individual stand out based on their content.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by etrange: 2:21pm On Oct 28, 2020
Nuel4:

Oga, calm down o. The word didn't just start off as a derogatory word. It existed as an online community and yes, people called themselves incels. Here in Canada, the so called incels were annoying (I don't know about now). Just saying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by Paramount01(m): 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2020
Jimbadly:

A real born again Christian doesn't touch the private part of their intending spouse. It's forbidden.

You don't mean it...no you can touch if you will not be tempted..did you know you can even kiss? I know you will argue,but what of those white people that kiss even there mother
Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by apatheticme(f): 5:00pm On Oct 28, 2020
WoundedLamb:

A thousand likes!

Sadly, people like him are hardwired to resist change. I just pray my daughter doesn't come across such archaic, low self esteemed men.
Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by MrFlavvor(m): 5:24pm On Oct 28, 2020
gideonite98:

Only a Fool will raise hand to hit someone first
But if a lady raised her hand on me first I will definitely return the favour but will never hit someone first either a man or a woman
I'm a gentle man but not a slowpoke.

Back to the OP matter
What the man did is wrong
Call a spade a spade
What he did is totally wrong
I'm glad I don't have sisters because I would have probably cause trouble because of them
U no fit beat my sister even if you're the husband as long as she's not the first person to hit you.
No try it
Settle it amicably
I like how you think sir ✌�

1 Like

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by Sotland: 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Big cats are not the same animal. Big cats are different animals. Human beings are the same. So thinking one is less than the just other based on the fact that he was born with male organ is outrightly ridiculous. People should be judged based on their content and not what is in between their legs cause they neither chose it nor made any efforts to put it there.

That all fingers are not equal means some people will be richer than others. Some will be taller or smarter or taller, etc. That is given. But you don't pre-determine these people based on their gender or race, that is prejudice. It's an individual difference and not a gender difference.

Culture is a way of life. That is the basic definition. And religion, language, etc. are sub-components of culture. Christianity isn't just a lifestyle but a religion sub, it is a belief system you never knew before colonization. It ceases to be a question of just good character when it says that one man is the only way and must be accepted before one makes it to heaven. Your ancestors didn't have terrible characters but they weren't Christians cause they had a different belief system. Put it however you want, the white man introduced that to you, it wasn't your way of life. So the fact remains that change is inevitable.

I know you'd like to make this a discussion about religion. So I'd call you back to the bone of contention, women and men should be seen as equal humans with different genders.

I don't argue religious matters and i've not derail from the initial topic. Big cats are different animals but still all are cats, get that fact... I made reference to animal because it is glaring that the male is always the superior, let alone Human being..

I will repeat this just once again. You will keep deluding yourself on the gender equality stuff. Dream on dude...

God is wiser than gods or any demigod. He made things perfect.

Topic Closed

5 Likes

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by WoundedLamb: 7:41pm On Oct 28, 2020
Sotland:

I don't argue religious matters and i've not derail from the initial topic. Big cats are different animals but still all are cats, get that fact... I made reference to animal because it is glaring that the male is always the superior, let alone Human being..

I will repeat this just once again. You will keep deluding yourself on the gender equality stuff. Dream on dude...

God is wiser than gods or any demigod. He made things perfect.

Topic Closed

Women have more education now, they are beginning to take leadership roles, they now participate in sports, they are now pastors, pilots and even soldiers. Modern laws allow them to inherit their fathers' wealth now. Outside Nigeria, we have women leading countries now. In Saudi Arabia, we now have women driving cars. They were denied all these before due to prejudice but things are changing even though we aren't there yet. Just 100 years ago, your type would have called anyone who thought of all these "delusional". The fact that you refused to see the sad state women were in nor appreciate the trend in recent years shows you've decided to bury your head in the sand. But whether you accept it or not will not change anything. The trend is clear, women will continue to get more and more liberated and time will come when you'll have to prove your superiority as an individual and based on your content and not just because you happened to be born with a dic.

As for the big cats, don't even try to make it look as if I missed the point. You specifically said that within the big cats, "the lion cannot be equal to others". You were clearly comparing different animals and not genders there and that would have been a great analogy if we were talking about man and chimpanzee. But since you claim to be talking about physical strength or leadership or size in animals, you might also like to know that there are a WHOLE lot of animal species out there where the females are clearly bigger, stronger or leaders. But I ain't even citing that cause unlike other animals, we have more than basic instincts and we understand the concept fairness, equity and justice.

#SayNoToDescrimination

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by apatheticme(f): 9:30pm On Oct 28, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Women have more education now, they are beginning to take leadership roles, they now participate in sports, they are now pastors, pilots and even soldiers. Modern laws allow them to inherit their fathers' wealth now. Outside Nigeria, we have women leading countries now. In Saudi Arabia, we now have women driving cars. They were denied all these before due to prejudice but things are changing even though we aren't there yet. Just 100 years ago, your type would have called anyone who thought of all these "delusional". The fact that you refused to see the sad state women were in nor appreciate the trend in recent years shows you've decided to bury your head in the sand. But whether you accept it or not will not change anything. The trend is clear, women will continue to get more and more liberated and time will come when you'll have to prove your superiority as individual and based on your content and not just because you happened to be born with a dic.

As for the big cats, don't even try to make it look as if I missed the point. You specifically said that within the big cats, "the lion cannot be equal to others". You were clearly comparing different animals and not genders there and that would have been a great analogy if we were talking about man and chimpanzee. But you claim to be talking about physical strength or leadership or size in animals, you might also like to know that there are a WHOLE lot of animal species out there where the females are clearly bigger, stronger or leaders. But I ain't even citing that cause unlike other animals, we have more than basic instincts and we understand the concept fairness, equity and justice.

#SayNoToDescrimination

Brilliant stuff!!
Re: I'm Truly Ashamed For Some Men by debo1990: 5:58am On Oct 29, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Some Top Romancelanders That Best Fits As Couples / How I Caught My Husband Having S*x With Our Own Househelp In My Kitchen / Are Male Bankers Really Stingy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 200
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.