Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo (78211 Views)

Wike Clarifies Peter Obi 'endorsement' / BREAKING: Tinubu's Biggest Confusion About Northern Politics (Photos) / We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by noob03saibot(m): 6:34am On Nov 13, 2020
techtechh:

Okoro should be an ancient bini name

Chiledu means nothing in Urhobo language and we don’t answer it

Please easy with the lies

Isoko and urhobo used to be one ethnic group so this example isn’t valid
Thank you very much for this, I was almost calling him out for his ignorance and myopia until I saw this. All my years in urhobo land, udu, I have never ever heard or seen any one answer the aforementioned names. Okoro, isn't even urhobo sef. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by MsAllison(f): 6:37am On Nov 13, 2020
Gandollaar:
Itsme01, there's a Chinese saying that never reject Tom-tom offered by a friend, cos you never know why...

Consider the advice on surgery, you look awful grin
TecM0 grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Organs(m): 6:43am On Nov 13, 2020
Nchenches:

There must be more criminal elements like you from the tribe you come from than among the Igbos.

Why do you stake everything to make Igbo remain in one Nigeria with you against their interest?

Why do you put everything to have oil producing rivers and others distanced from the Igbo if not your criminal ploys to have the oil producing areas become tiny for your easier exploitation?

All the Igbo ask is a plebiscite for what they ask for. Why are you afraid of plebiscite, the best instrument of democracy? After the plebiscite, you can have Wike and his Ikwerre if they refuse Igbo. But be rest assured that the oil producing areas in the SS can not remain with rest of Nigeria for one month without the Igbo.

Bros, truth be told, if i am igbo, i will be ashamed that Cross River, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Edo etc that has similar culture, faith etc with Igbos will rather chose the North over the Igbos. It's a shame and if i were you, i will take initiative and see how you can start rethinking your mindset, belief, mentality and start changing that from amongst the youth. So, in another twenty years, the narrative will be different. Now guess what, you won't do that, you are too filled with hate, believe in your own lies and too arrogant to accept the truth. Now about Biafra, follow the Brexit example, start with the local govt, then state and then National Assembly. Follow the process, do the work. The other time you were boasting and beating your chest, then the North gave you ultimatum to leave and you now calmed down. Now you started again, don't let Nigeria give you ultimatum oh... abi you think say na play?

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Weneda(m): 6:45am On Nov 13, 2020
AbijaJ:
Igbo people should stop stressing Wike and Ikwerres over this 'igbo or not-igbo' issue. You can't force a person to be who and what he refuses to identify with. Make una rest.
Thank you my brother

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Weneda(m): 6:46am On Nov 13, 2020
valirex:
Wike is not Igbo, na by force to be Igbo? undecided
Tell them!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by naijadrivablog: 7:02am On Nov 13, 2020
Afamed:

That's what they know how to do best. They never stay peacefully with their hosts.
Keep quiet. Go and read history of Ikwerres.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by naijadrivablog: 7:04am On Nov 13, 2020
gidgiddy:
Ikwerre not being Igbo all depends on the Ikwerre you meet. An Ikwerre man and former Governor, Chibuike Amaechi, will tell the whole world that he is an Igbo man. Another Ikwerre Governor like Wike will say he is not Igbo

Meanwhile, an Ikwerre man called Uche Okwukwu is Ohanaeze Secretary general while another Ikwerre man called Elechi Amadi wrote a book to say Ikwerres are not Igbos

You meet an Ikwerre man, he says he is Igbo. You meet another Ikwerre man, he says he is Bini. You meet the third Ikwerre man, he says he is neither Igbo or Bini, he is just Ikwerre. Confusion everywhere!

Its for Ikwerres to go and sort out whatever identity crisis that has engulfed them

You get sense jare. I lived with Ikwerrres for years and they are Igboid.

Ikwerrela people claiming to come from Cameroon.
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by bigfish3k: 7:08am On Nov 13, 2020
dukeprince50:
na wa o, have some shame abeg, I really feel bad for Igbo's cos of u Ipob lots
I was expecting sound logic response not an abuse

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Gandollaar(f): 7:26am On Nov 13, 2020
MsAllison:
TecM0 grin
Is that the slammer behind the wheels? grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Coneheadyutes(m): 7:43am On Nov 13, 2020
ebenezer202l:
but he is speaking the truth.
He is Ikwere and Ikwere is a tribe and ethnic group on its own.
Please be guided.
LZAA Imhotep

I never said that ikwerre is igbo...
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 13, 2020
muykem:
Why is people don't want to identify with igbo? Yoruba have people in kogi and Benue, these people always proudly identify with rest of Yorubas.
thise ones don't have oil nah oga

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Igboid: 7:48am On Nov 13, 2020
samuk:

You see, it's not only Ikwerre that have made the Benin heritage claim, people from all over southern and middle belt Nigeria have and still claiming Benin ancestry.

Stay on topic Bini man.
This is Ikwerre Igbo thread.
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by orisa37: 7:49am On Nov 13, 2020
HE SAID IT LOUD AND CLEAR THAT HE IS A SOUTH EASTERNER.
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by israel90: 7:58am On Nov 13, 2020
osarog:
For the fact that my language sounds like Igbo language doesn't mean I'm Igbo. People should understand this.

You no go call sprite water simply because water dey sprite.

Ikwerres are not Igbo.
ok your cuture, language and identity which is d bases of human existence shows you are hausa,nice of you

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by mobi99(m): 8:01am On Nov 13, 2020
what difference does it make, Igbo or no Igbo who e help? am a full born ibo guy, why forcing this guy to accept what he is not, let him be for Christ sake... I wonder what value he will add to my life if he says he's an igbo... is high time they let the m*ther f**,ker be, rochas , orji kalu, ikpeazu, uzodinma them wey be Igbo, what have we gain from them apart from their wickedness, self-centeredness, looting etc. Bleep naija politicians they are all same, they can deny even their parents to at the benefit of power and amassing of public funds

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by mobi99(m): 8:04am On Nov 13, 2020
israel90:
ok your cuture, language and identity which is d bases of human existence shows you are hausa,nice of you
they are even confused , they no not there pedigrees.... maybe they are more like bats

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:12am On Nov 13, 2020
chai Igbo dey lose home and away now the scores is 4-0.
mine u ph is not Igbo Land.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Naijboy: 8:22am On Nov 13, 2020
Afamed:

That's what they know how to do best. They never stay peacefully with their hosts.
Then you people should allowed them to leave naw.. is it by force to stay together.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by omeke12(m): 8:24am On Nov 13, 2020
BadBradley:
the longest dumbest post in 2020 Nairaland history.

Uk-EU relationship is a mater of geography and socio-political association, ikwere/Igbo issues is a matter of blood and ethnicity.

The question of whether they are Igbo or not is not about what they want to be identified with, it's a matter of their root and origin.

That UK says they are not interested in EU doesn't make them non-european.

How can your base mumuism not decipher the difference?
don't take it personal

here in Onitsha, we call them IPOB gullibles
they are renowned for their lack of sense and Logic
their Oga is in UK enjoying the cozy environment
the same UK they claim is against their cause
IPOB is a curse
everybody is like avoding us
had it been Wike said he is Igbo,
fiam..! they will just draw their Useless map that they have been drawing since when they were answering MASSOB

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Kfed4ril(m): 8:30am On Nov 13, 2020
muykem:
Why is people don't want to identify with igbo? Yoruba have people in kogi and Benue, these people always proudly identify with rest of Yorubas.

Yoruba in benue? Jesus
It’s mostly The Ikwerre’s that deny being Igbo because of the civil war.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Kfed4ril(m): 8:36am On Nov 13, 2020
SmartPolician:

If someone says he doesn't want to associate with you, the most reasonable thing to do is to avoid him.

Relationship is not by force!

On a normal Igbos don’t need Ikwerre for anything, but if you want to deny being igboid pls stop speaking a our language and stop answering our names.
Because a lot of crimes are committed by the Ikwerre bearing Igbo names, and the criminal is automatically tagged Igbo.
So if you don’t want to be igboid, remove everything igboid in your culture and start being edoid since that’s where you claim to originate.
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by eldoradoxx: 8:36am On Nov 13, 2020
Ogbuu101:
Who cares .
Congratulations to Onyesom Ezebunwo Wike son of Nlemanya Wike and his own group among the Ikweres.
They're the first group on earth to derive their ethnicity from state creation cos b4 1976 state creation, there was no tribe known as Ikwere.
Ikweres were just a subgroup of the Igbos just like Nsukka or Abakaliki ppl.

Modified.
It is heartwarming to see Wike is suddenly the darling of yerobber Muslims.
Is awa God not a wonderful God? grin grin grin

Wike denying his Igbo origin is just like Yorubas of Kwara denying that they are Yorubas because state creation put them in Northern Nigeria. Like you have rightly said, there is no commonality in Igbo nation. There are there different sub-nations in Igbo land. Owerri people are different kind of Igbo's from say Abiriba Igbo or Nkanu Igbo or Abakaliki Igbo. Ikwere is like you have correctly said a sub-Igbo nation both in language, tradition and all aspects of culture. But ikwere man's fear is that once he admits that he is Igbo, his kit and kins from the East who are larger in number will hijack their area and produce governor in Rivers State to the detriment of Ikwere Igbos, its just politics which started from 1967 state creation that carved out Ikweres from the East into South South region present Rivers State.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Chinablack: 8:48am On Nov 13, 2020
the existence of native igbo diallect in that land rubbishes any claim that the Aboriginal people of the land were not Igbos, the fact that there are shameless Igbo identity thieves who might have come from wherever they claimed they came from can not nullify the existence of the Aborigines who happened to be the owners of ikwere dialect they met on the land at time they came. dialect can only be formed, created and given to a people by god not humans. just like every other igbo dialect, ikwere dialect was never shared

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by shizzleStar: 8:51am On Nov 13, 2020
aribisala0:
Enlisted as an Igbo?
What does it mean to enlist as an Igbo?
Do people enlist in the Nigerian Army as Igbos?

What evidence do you have for this claim?
Do you know the book called 'the concubine'? Did you ever read it? If you did you would realise that the author, Elechi Amadi, wrote that book as a proud Igbo man.

Now just a quick question, that is if you can give a honest answer(even thou i know common sense reasoning and objectivity is alien from an average Yoruba man), is it possible that a man will have 2 ethnicities while he lived? Elechi Amadi was born a proud Igbo man but died an ikwere man? Can you honestly reconcile the confusion?

Him changing to negin to sing the ikwere tune started immediately after the civil war. So dont start arguing stupidly on what you have no knowledge about

@Dedetwo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply)

Fayose And Dino Melaye Meet At Transcorp Hotel In Abuja (Photos) / Meet Olaitan Oyetola, Biography Of Osun State First Lady To Be (photos) / Rochas Okorocha Honours Past Governors With Brand New Houses,Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.