Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo (77971 Views)

Wike Clarifies Peter Obi 'endorsement' / BREAKING: Tinubu's Biggest Confusion About Northern Politics (Photos) / We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by HAccord: 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2020
Wike the butcher of Obigbo people is too daft and drunk to be an Igbo. He is a bloody ikwerre man with Bini heritage. That's a fact we all know.

Instead of wasting Rivers people money bribing Igbo leaders to save your political career, use that money to start teaching Ikwerre people their Bini roots and remove the vestages of borrowed Igbo words from Ikwerre ethnolinguistic structure.

Everybody in PDP have started avoiding Wike because he is now a political liability to anyone who associates with him. grin
Even Umahi don abandon him ship after collecting his money, come japa enter APC. grin

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by mbaise1000: 12:02pm On Nov 12, 2020
Davash222:
Nwaike =. Child of strength.

What’s the meaning of Nwike in ikwere language?

ikwere language? what's the meaning of that name in igbo language and what is the meaning of ikwere in ikwere language and in igbo language? people will not seize to amaze, anyways I don't see what is important in wike being igbo or not, people like JONATHAN who is more important and more intelligent and more matured and more recognized all over the world and more valuable is not igbo but identified with the igbo to the extent of adopting an an igbo name for himself, compare him to some igbos that are denying their identity for pots of porridge like one thing in abuja and another thing in lagos and the difference is very clear.
you won't see people like okonja iweala do that. that wike is being applauded by a particular set of people who are insulting him a few weeks ago but see him as their hero today, because he is killing igbos in obigbo will tell any sane person why IPOB seen to be the best option now

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Dedetwo(m): 12:03pm On Nov 12, 2020
gidgiddy:
Ikwerre not being Igbo all depends on the Ikwerre you meet. An Ikwerre man and former Governor, Chibuike Amaechi, will tell the whole world that he is an Igbo man. Another Ikwerre Governor like Wike will say he is not Igbo

Meanwhile, an Ikwerre man called Uche Okwukwu is Ohanaeze Secretary general while another Ikwerre man called Elechi Amadi wrote a book to say Ikwerres are not Igbos

Its for Ikwerres to go and sort out whatever ethnic crisis that has engulfed them

The same Elechi Amadi enlisted into Nigerian army as Igbo. He ran from Kaduna to Enugu in 1966 as Igbo officer. He became the vice principal of Asa High School under Onwuma as Igbo. However when Elechi Amadi sneaked back to Nigeria after the fall Igweocha (Port Harcourt), he remembered he was not Igbo.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Igboid: 12:04pm On Nov 12, 2020
Dedetwo:
It is now left with people Obio\Akpor LGA to dispute if they are not Igbo as Wike had publicly said. Rebisi people have already indicated they not Ikwerre and not part of the shenanigans some Ikwerre peeps tend to chase.

I wonder what other reply some of us are expecting from Ikwerres.
Obio/Akpor people have representatives in Ogbakor Ikwerre and we know the official position of Ogbakor Ikwerre on Ikwerre identity. Its a Biniphilic one.

I'm ashamed with some of our people on how we have handled this issue.

Normally Ohanaeze Ndiigbo should have since released official public message denouncing Ikwerre and follow it up with sacking all the Ikwerre leeches in Ohanaeze Ndiigbo, and then warning the Nigerian public that any Ikwerre claiming Igbo are committing impersonation.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Biodun556(m): 12:04pm On Nov 12, 2020
Afamed:
Wike the Slayer of terrorist IPoB group

grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Dedetwo(m): 12:04pm On Nov 12, 2020
Wike's father was a Bini man who abandoned his mother and eloped to Bini never return to Port Harcourt.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by omenka(m): 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2020
Racoon:
Governor Wike have a right to his ethnic identity but must never forget that hating on the Igbo tribe does not in any way make us less Igbos.Ken Saro-Wiwa & the Ogonis made the same mistake but till today they are regretting it.

We must not agree in all things but there are some things that intersect all of us-oppression & marginalization by a common enemy
Oga Kanu puppet, shut up. He has said he is NOT Igbo.

Must you give him an identity not due him just to validate your own identity? Don't you have any shame on in you?

Disgusting.

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Afamed: 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2020
iddonla:

where will all this take us to?
Ask those who after accommodating them for years, the next you begin to hear is that ,your land is no-man's-land

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by HAccord: 12:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
Igboid:
Any Igbo man that call Wike or Ikwerre people is either a brainwashed IPOB member incapable of rational independent thinking or an ignorant one with no sense of group dignity.

Ikwerre is not Igbo

Ikwerres have never been Igbo and we all know that. There is nothing to argue about it.

Ikwerres do not add any known value to the Great Igbo nation. The only Ikwerre man I personally know, stole from me after I employed him and ran to his village to waste the money on girls, kai-kai and goof. grin

Wike is good at doling out Rivers state money for all kinds of white elephant projects, he should spend that money to start removing all form of Igboid words and culture from Ikwerre ethnolinguistic system and pay Bini language teachers to teach Ikwerre people their long forgotten language. This will help stop the confusion. grin

He can call it 'Relinguinization budget', 'De-Igbonization program' or 'Re-Bininization project'. Any of the three terminologies can suffice. Let him find a way to smuggle it into the budget. grin

The money is there, he should spend it. That's how to walk the talk. Not making craggy noise like an illiterate thug at Igwuruta motor park. grin

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by OBUKSBAYELSA: 12:15pm On Nov 12, 2020
gidgiddy:
Ikwerre not being Igbo all depends on the Ikwerre you meet. An Ikwerre man and former Governor, Chibuike Amaechi, will tell the whole world that he is an Igbo man. Another Ikwerre Governor like Wike will say he is not Igbo

Meanwhile, an Ikwerre man called Uche Okwukwu is Ohanaeze Secretary general while another Ikwerre man called Elechi Amadi wrote a book to say Ikwerres are not Igbos

Its for Ikwerres to go and sort out whatever ethnic crisis that has engulfed them

Rotimi Amaechi acceptance of being Igbo is for the purpose of contesting the Presidential ticket of APC in 2023 While Uche Okwukwu was sponsored by Rotimi Amaechi inorder for him to claim Igbo if Apc zoned it Presidential ticket to South East. The truth is that Igbos and Ikwerre belong to the same language group but that does not suggest they are igboid. Similarly Urhobos and Isoko in Delta State looks like that but they are different ethnic nationality.
Finally in Urhobo Land they answer names like OKORO & CHILEDU are we going to say they are Igbos because of the semblance of names; No! I think the Igbo politicians should find a better way to live with thier neighbours instead of using the IPOB vehicle to appropriate areas not under thier direct control, that's why minority groups in the South/South are extremely careful in doing deals with the majority ethnic nationality most especially the Igbos.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by MJluv(f): 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
HAccord:

Ikwerres have never been Igbo and we all know that. There is nothing to argue about it.

Wike is good doling out Rivers state money for all kinds of white elephant projects, he should spend that money to start removing all form of Igboid words from Ikwerre linguistics and pay Bini language teachers to teach Ikwerre people their long forgotten language.

He can call it 'Relinguinization budget', 'De-Igbonization program' or 'Re-Bininization project'. Any of the three terminologies can suffice. The money is there, he should spend it. grin
lol...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by AchalugoNwa(f): 12:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
gidgiddy:

lol
the earlier we Igbos dump these people the better for us

Amechi is claiming Igbo now because he thinks that if apc zones presidency to SE he'll be the one to get it.

I did my tertiary education in delta (SS) and trust me apart from aniomas that are proudly igbos there's no tribe in Nigeria that are more igbophobic than these SS minorities.
this is why I stopped supporting Kanu's agenda since because it lacks clear ideas and far from realities.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by AchalugoNwa(f): 12:29pm On Nov 12, 2020
[s]
omenka:
Oga Kanu puppet, shut up. He has said he is NOT Igbo.

Must you give him an identity not due him just to validate your own identity? Don't you have any shame on in you?

Disgusting.
[/s]
shatap stop talking nonsense
grow up old man

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by AchalugoNwa(f): 12:31pm On Nov 12, 2020
Igboid:

Obio/Akpor people have representatives in Ogbakor Ikwerre and we know the official position of Ogbakor Ikwerre on Ikwerre identity. Its a Biniphilic one.

Ordinary Ohanaeze Ndiigbo should have since released official public message denouncing Ikwerre and follow it up with sacking all the Ikwerre leeches in Ohanaeze Ndiigbo, and then warning the Nigerian public that any Ikwerre claiming Igbo are committing impersonation.
Seconded

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by AchalugoNwa(f): 12:32pm On Nov 12, 2020
mbaise1000:

ikwere language? what's the meaning of that name in igbo language and what is the meaning of ikwere in ikwere language and in igbo language? people will not seize to amaze, anyways I don't see what is important in wike being igbo or not, people like JONATHAN who is more important and more intelligent and more matured and more recognized all over the world and more valuable is not igbo but identified with the igbo to the extent of adopting an an igbo name for himself, compare him to some igbos that are denying their identity for pots of porridge like one thing in abuja and another thing in lagos and the difference is very clear.
you won't see people like okonja iweala do that. that wike is being applauded by a particular set of people who are insulting him a few weeks ago but see him as their hero today, because he is killing igbos in obigbo will tell any sane person why IPOB seen to be the best option now

people like omenka

7 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by gidgiddy: 12:39pm On Nov 12, 2020
OBUKSBAYELSA:

Rotimi Amaechi acceptance of being Igbo is for the purpose of contesting the Presidential ticket of APC in 2023 While Uche Okwukwu was sponsored by Rotimi Amaechi inorder for him to claim Igbo if Apc zoned it Presidential ticket to South East. The truth is that Igbos and Ikwerre belong to the same language group but that does not suggest they are igboid. Similarly Urhobos and Isoko in Delta State looks like that but they are different ethnic nationality.
Finally in Urhobo Land they answer names like OKORO & CHILEDU are we going to say they are Igbos because of the semblance of names; No! I think the Igbo politicians should find a better way to live with thier neighbours instead of using the IPOB vehicle to appropriate areas not under thier direct control, that's why minority groups in the South/South are extremely careful in doing deals with the majority ethnic nationality most especially the Igbos.

Lets not get things twisted, the argument about Ikwerre and Igbos has been an ongoing thing long before there was anything called IPOB. Everybody is free to choose whatever identity they want. The problem is when some people cannot stick to one identity. I used the example of Chibuike Amaechi and Uche Okwukwu because they are well know Ikwerre men who say the are Igbo. The reality is that there are many Ikwerres out there, particularly in the Elele axis, who say they are Igbo.

I said it on another thread that my friend is dating an Ikwerre girl who doesnt joke with her Igboness, but the girls uncle who is also an Ikwerre man, says they are not Igbos. If there are Ikwerres who say they are Igbo, and those who say they are not, they should all go sort out the identity crisis that has engulfed them.

It is very important because there is no way to tell the difference between any Igbo and Ikwerre, they speak the same language and answer the same names.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by MJluv(f): 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
Igboid:

Ordinary Ohanaeze Ndiigbo should have since released official public message denouncing Ikwerre and follow it up with sacking all the Ikwerre leeches in Ohanaeze Ndiigbo, and then warning the Nigerian public that any Ikwerre claiming Igbo are committing impersonation.
You don't cure a headache by cutting of the head. That the majority of Ikwerres now say they are not Igbos does not nullify the igboness in them and neither will it validate an ostracization from the Igbo mother tongue.

Of course we all know that their(Ikwerres) stance now was preconceived and propagated by partisan politics and the need to stay relevant in this ever evolving multi ethno/religious nay political enclave called Nigeria.

A Fulani man, whether in Nigeria, Niger, Sudan or where have you is still a Fulani. Even if dialectal variances may have arisen due to their diverse locations and the influence of the sociocultural groups surrounding them.

15 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Gabkosh: 12:57pm On Nov 12, 2020
Davash222:
Nwaike =. Child of strength.

What’s the meaning of Nwike in ikwere language?
I am sure it has meaning in ikwere. Just as Igbo has meaning in Yoruba language.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by NaijirianKing: 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2020
Interesting.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by NaijirianKing: 1:00pm On Nov 12, 2020
Interesting.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by jamesversion: 1:02pm On Nov 12, 2020
seunmsg:
Very interesting interview. Apart from emphatically declaring that he’s not Igbo, I like the part where he claimed that the head of ipob is one small boy whose name he can’t remember grin grin grin. I’m also glad he acknowledged the cosmopolitan nature of Rivers state and rubbished the claim by ipob that they made him governor.

At least, those always doing attache by force can now give it a rest. Ikwerres are not Igbos and so be it. They are a distinct ethnic group in Nigeria. We should all respect who they are instead of forcing another identity on them.

The Ikwerres are recognized in 1970 Nigerian constitution as a distinct ethnic group. I don't understand Igbos at all.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Burruchaga71(m): 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2020
gidgiddy:

Gbam

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Gabkosh: 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2020
Tangiblehandwork:
What value will wike add to Igbo people,ikwerre and Igbo are not the same thing.ikwerre are just second class Igbo minority wey no even get tangible population.the Lord will deliver wike,as a Yoruba man,na only Igbo I sabi for the whole of eastern region.the other minority are under igbo
See this one. Yoruba kill you there

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by MosheDayan: 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2020
This is by far the weakest argument i have ever heard about Igbo denial. well, i dont blame him sha. i blame the useless Igbo leaders that we have. he should remember that the day of reckoning woud be at hand nd we will not forget . grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Racoon(m): 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
omenka:
Oga Kanu puppet, shut up.He has said he is NOT Igbo. Must you give him an identity not due him just to validate your own identity? Don't you have any shame on in you? Disgusting
There is no where I forced the Igbo identity on Wike.I simply draw from the historical fact that there are some Igbos who are Ikwerre by nature.

Any of them who wish not to identify with the Igbo identity it is their own cup of tea(identity crisis). After all, there are also Igbos in other parts of the world who would not want to be known as such.

So be guided in your senseless vertuperations.I guess you are related to the our satanic brother-the notorious Col.Frank Omenka of the inglorious DMI day during the Abacha regime?
cc: Lalasticlala, OAM4J Mynd44

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by iamDrRhymes(m): 1:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
The highlight was where he denied Nnamdi kalu. Lawyers are legal liars indeed!

6 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by SlayerForever: 1:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
Very good. But not enough reach!

Lalasticlala please front page!
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by SlayerForever: 1:30pm On Nov 12, 2020
Igboid:

The ineptitude in Ohanaeze befuddles me to the bones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by horsepower102: 1:33pm On Nov 12, 2020
As an Igbo man, I welcome Wike's blunt honesty. Its time for delusional Igbos to see the truth some of us have been trying to tell them.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by SlayerForever: 1:36pm On Nov 12, 2020
gidgiddy:

Lets not get things twisted, the argument about Ikwerre and Igbos has been an ongoing thing long before there was anything called IPOB. Everybody is free to choose whatever identity they want. The problem is when some people cannot stick to one identity. I used the example of Chibuike Amaechi and Uche Okwukwu because they are well know Ikwerre men who say the are Igbo. The reality is that there are many Ikwerres out there, particularly in the Elele axis, who say they are Igbo.

I said it on another thread that my friend is dating an Ikwerre girl who doesnt joke with her Igboness, but the girls uncle who is also an Ikwerre man, says they are not Igbos. If there are Ikwerres who say they are Igbo, and those who say they are not, they should all go sort out the identity crisis that has engulfed them.

It is very important because there is no way to tell the difference between any Igbo and Ikwerre, they speak the same language and answer the same names.

Bro I don't know how far up your post is in ipob but it's time we call it quits with Ikwerre and the rest and chart our own course. The killings should be a marker that the current set up including them is no longer workable. Though if there's anything I can bet on, it is the fact Nnamdi Kanu himself has considered this already. There is a need to ditch these people and forge ahead. You must understand this.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by 4yourfantacy(f): 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
I don't know why nndigbo are bothering themselves with these people. They are the least of our problems.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Olatomiwami(m): 1:47pm On Nov 12, 2020
iddonla:
This guy no like igbos at all grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

even yoruba politicians no dislike igbos like this cos they are very warm and good people..

Still they hate Tinubu with passion, the reason baffles me till tomorrow, serve the them right, they met their match in Wike, give them a finger, they will take your whole hand.

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Nigerian Burns Nasco Cornflakes Over Terrorism Sponsorship / 615 Terrorist killed In Both Air And Ground Attacks In Sambista Forest - Pic / Nigerians React To Diezani's New Look

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.