Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo (78041 Views)

Wike Clarifies Peter Obi 'endorsement' / BREAKING: Tinubu's Biggest Confusion About Northern Politics (Photos) / We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by TecM0: 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2020
Chiedu4Trump:
Igbos are the most feared group

Fulanis most hated group

More like most disrespected by everyone

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by LegendHero(m): 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2020
post=95970210:

Dumbo Igbos are proud of their cities, as big as Rivers state is they get their goods from Onitsha and Aba, how many billionaires from Igbo extraction came from Ikwere, tell me one Ikwere man or woman making wave across the world, Wike silly ranting recently is targeted at Amaechi who is trying to unify with the Igbos, we will see how far Wike will go in his quest.

Lol, so now Ikwerre are inconsequential.

I can remember I argue this with you when we were talking about Herbert Wigwe of Access Bank where you continue to argue that day that he is Ibo when you’re trying to count him as part of Igbo billionaires with influence.

What suddenly changed today?

Tomorrow now, Jim Ovia might come out to also tell you Agbor ain’t Igbo too, will you turn back later to abuse them as inconsequential too?

5 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by FuckThaMod: 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2020
Afamed:

Ask those who after accommodating them for years, the next you begin to hear is that ,your land is no-man's-land
Really, so they said so about ogun osun ondo ekiti?
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by ayovenice(m): 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2020
Tangiblehandwork:
What value will wike add to Igbo people,ikwerre and Igbo are not the same thing.ikwerre are just second class Igbo minority wey no even get tangible population.the Lord will deliver wike,as a Yoruba man,na only Igbo I sabi for the whole of eastern region.the other minority are under igbo
yes o...me sef follow o.... every south south or Niger Delta na Igbo and every middle belt na hausa...shikina

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Nonsoco80(m): 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2020
omenka:
Oga Kanu puppet, shut up. He has said he is NOT Igbo.

Must you give him an identity not due him just to validate your own identity? Don't you have any shame on in you?

Disgusting.
Look at who is talking. Na this kind thread u will come and be talking rubbish. Go and face your herdsman village

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by aribisala0(m): 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2020
Abraham Ibrahim
Moses Musa
Suleiman Solomon
Noah Nuhu

Yusuf Yosef

David Daud

Gabriel Jubril

Michael Mukail

Isaac Ishaq

Ishmael Ismail

Jakob Yakub

Jonah Yunus

Zechariah Zakari

Therefore Arabs are Jews or Jews are Arabs?

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by AbijaJ: 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2020
Gamesmart:
Dele Momodu's full name is Ayòbámidélé Àbáyòmí Ojútelégàn Àjàní Momodu.

He has a BA in Yoruba from OAU and was born in Ife.

Yet he is saying he is from Edo State? undecided

There are indigenous Yorubas in Edo state. They are known as the Akoko Edos. They share same cultural and linguistic affinity with their kin (the Akoko) in Ondo state.
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by ebenezer202l(f): 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2020
AchalugoNwa:
lol
the earlier we Igbos dump these people the better for us

Amechi is claiming Igbo now because he thinks that if apc zones presidency to SE he'll be the one to get it.

I did my tertiary education in delta (SS) and trust me apart from aniomas that are proudly igbos there's no tribe in Nigeria that are more igbophobic than these SS minorities.
this is why I stopped supporting Kanu's agenda since because it lacks clear ideas and far from realities.
but some etche Igbo people mostly see themselves as Igbo more than anioma,

6 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Igboid: 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
2tpick:

Weak argument. Britain' s exit from EU doesn't make Britain African, Asian or even American let alone carving a continent for itself. Smh

But it ensures they don't benefit from any advantage being a member of EU confers, right?
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Dpharisee: 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2020
Tangiblehandwork:
What value will wike add to Igbo people,ikwerre and Igbo are not the same thing.ikwerre are just second class Igbo minority wey no even get tangible population.the Lord will deliver wike,as a Yoruba man,na only Igbo I sabi for the whole of eastern region.the other minority are under igbo

Here in the North, many people have never heard the name Ikwerre, all the people from that area Igbos

7 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by bigfish3k: 7:45pm On Nov 12, 2020
jamesversion:

The Ikwerres are recognized in 1970 Nigerian constitution as a distinct ethnic group. I don't understand Igbos at all.
Just after the Civil War
Because igbos lost the war.
If they had won, will there still be such constitution?

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Tonytonic(m): 7:45pm On Nov 12, 2020
When I hear him speak and deny his ancestors, I laugh���. The Nigeria kind of education is so weak, people can't reason outside the box.its like a black American denying that he is African even when their ancestors were brought to America as slaves.Igbo is a language not a place.the Igbo language is used as an identified for those that speak the language.u don't HV to be from the South East to be Igbo.i am from Asaba .Asaba is not South East. since I became wise I stopped saying I am Ibo.my education is not a waste and I won't allow myself to be a mumu.i refuse to be ignorant of my root. I reason in multiple directions and I am not a slave to the North.i don't owe anybody an apology.my parents told me to hate the Igbos of the East.i will not do that because we share the same ancestors.being a governor doesn't make a man wise.so I don't blame ur governor.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by obyrich(m): 7:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
OBUKSBAYELSA:

Rotimi Amaechi acceptance of being Igbo is for the purpose of contesting the Presidential ticket of APC in 2023 While Uche Okwukwu was sponsored by Rotimi Amaechi inorder for him to claim Igbo if Apc zoned it Presidential ticket to South East. The truth is that Igbos and Ikwerre belong to the same language group but that does not suggest they are igboid. Similarly Urhobos and Isoko in Delta State looks like that but they are different ethnic nationality.
Finally in Urhobo Land they answer names like OKORO & CHILEDU are we going to say they are Igbos because of the semblance of names; No! I think the Igbo politicians should find a better way to live with thier neighbours instead of using the IPOB vehicle to appropriate areas not under thier direct control, that's why minority groups in the South/South are extremely careful in doing deals with the majority ethnic nationality most especially the Igbos.
Do you mean that Rotimi Amechi does not know that Rivers state is not in the south east? How will he benefit from APCs zoning the presidency to the south east by claiming to be Igbo? grin

7 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by bigfish3k: 7:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
ebenezer202l:
but some etche Igbo people mostly see themselves as Igbo more than anioma,
I have never heard an Etche man saying that he is not igbo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Gerrard59(m): 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2020
bigfish3k:

Hear yourself
Your language sounds igbo
Your name sounds igbo
Your surname sounds igbo
Your great grandfather and grandfather name sounds igbo
Your village name sounds igbo
Your food is igbo
Your religion is of the igbos
Your looks is igbo
Your intonation sounds igbo your dressing looks igbo
Your culture is igbo
When igbos are being killed anywhere in Nigeria, you are killed along
Non igbo speaking parts of your state see you as igbo but you deny not being igbo but Benin

You are just a confused being with identity crisis Period

Very confused. Outside the East, even Ibibios are considered to be Igbos let alone with names like Amaechi, Amadi, Wike etc. There are Chinese Malaysians and Singaporeans. Their ethnic group is Chinese even though their nationalities are different. They just happen to be Chinese who are citizens of different countries. Same with Mauritian and Madagascans who are Indian by ethnic origin but aren't nationals of India. What Wike is doing is saying he's not Igbo but which ethnic group in Nigeria has the name called Wike? Same applies to Igbos in Delta who call themselves Aniomas. To the entire world, you're Igbo and will be treated as an Igbo. For goodness sake, how is Ifeanyi not an Igbo name?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by legacystore: 7:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ogbuu101:
Who cares .
Congratulations to Onyesom Ezebunwo Wike son of Nlemanya Wike and his own group among the Ikweres.
They're the first group on earth to derive their ethnicity from state creation cos b4 1976 state creation, there was no tribe known as Ikwere.
Ikweres were just a subgroup of the Igbos just like Nsukka or Abakaliki ppl.

Modified.
It is heartwarming to see Wike is suddenly the darling of yerobber Muslims.
Is awa God not a wonderful God? grin grin grin

Nwaike or nwike

There is nothing like wike

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Onyemaya: 7:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ngozioma:
cool cool cool I think, the dispute is now settled

Igbo Amaka
wink
wike can now rest
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by aribisala0(m): 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
anastasius:

You are igbos. Same as Okuns of Kogi State are Yoruba. Igbanke of Edo are Igbos. IKA and Anioma of Delta are Igbos
Is this some kind of logic?

If Okuns are Yoruba Ikwerres are Igbo?
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by AfroKnight: 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
Chai. Wike can boldly say he doesn’t know Nnamdi Kanu? Omo! Nigerian politicians are first class liars! Damn!

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by 2tpick: 7:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
jamesversion:

The Ikwerres are recognized in 1970 Nigerian constitution as a distinct ethnic group. I don't understand Igbos at all.
If that singular fact didnt ring a bell then there is no need for evaluation as the result is clear

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Princewell2012(m): 7:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
gidgiddy:

Lets not get things twisted, the argument about Ikwerre and Igbos has been an ongoing thing long before there was anything called IPOB. Everybody is free to choose whatever identity they want. The problem is when some people cannot stick to one identity. I used the example of Chibuike Amaechi and Uche Okwukwu because they are well know Ikwerre men who say the are Igbo. The reality is that there are many Ikwerres out there, particularly in the Elele axis, who say they are Igbo.

I said it on another thread that my friend is dating an Ikwerre girl who doesnt joke with her Igboness, but the girls uncle who is also an Ikwerre man, says they are not Igbos. If there are Ikwerres who say they are Igbo, and those who say they are not, they should all go sort out the identity crisis that has engulfed them.

It is very important because there is no way to tell the difference between any Igbo and Ikwerre, they speak the same language and answer the same names.

Thank you you. An Hausa man or Yoruba person will not no the difference between info and ikwere man. Neither do I. But since they claimed they are not igbo it is alright by me, we have nothing to loose after all. Let them go to hell for all I care. By the way what has this wike done for us? Is he better than Jonathan? Mind you he is not going to be on that sit forever.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by staymore: 7:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
YoonSung59:
Wicked man

For saying the truth?

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Benwosky42(m): 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2020
Davash222:
Nwaike =. Child of strength.

What’s the meaning of Nwike in ikwere language?

Is not Nwike,it is Wike,the names are similar but different spellings and pronunciation.
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by melodyogonna(m): 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2020
JonDon12:
Languages borrow from each other. But sometimes a language is completely derivative of another. Ikwerre is one. Ikwerrre is a dialect of ibo. End of story. I won't tell the Ikwerrre they are ibo. If they want to deny their own kin, that's on them
I dey confused sha, where did the Ikwerre people migrate from? I'm seeing Bini, Yoruba etc
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Onepeople: 7:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
favor914:
You can put a better argument in your Kitchen, or bathroom? Absolute nonsense, who would waste their time interviewing you, who are you?, faceless Peasant.
lol, u must be his personal assistant? U guy's are doing a bad job on man,tell him to reduce his level of alcohol and drugs intake.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by StTrump: 7:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
bigfish3k:

I have never heard an Etche man saying that he is not igbo

Lies
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by survivor10(m): 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2020
Organs:
I will restrain from cursing and insulting igbos because i have so many fine well behaved people that are igbos. However the criminal elements amongst them are drowning the voices of the good people amongst them. The criminals amongst them like to trade in criminality, confussions, lies and war. If you give them the war, they will run away, cry to UN, WHO etc and complain. ZIK warned against fighting and wanted peaceful resolution, he was called a hausa mumu, Alex Ekwueme, a fine brilliant gentleman was called a hausa houseboy. Okorocha is called Okoro hausa, Ngige is called Sultan houseboy, now Wike is also a Buhari sellout. However, they will worship and follow hate filled, coward, useless lying Nnamdi Kanu that up till this moment he cannot even fulfil his promise and show his empty headed followers evidence of Buhari as Jubril El sudani. I flinch at the rubbish and lies they share amongst themselves as evidence of everyone against them. Buhari, Wike, Obama's govt, Nigerian Army, Police, Airforce, Yoruba people, Hausas, Fulani, South Africans, Indians, all, are jealous of them and against their Biafra and their progress, can you imagine that mindset and mentality? Yet they did not do anything wrong oh. I feel for my level headed igbo friends truly. They are a fine set of people and i am embarrassed how they got entangled with these bunch of moronic fools.

Tribalism will kill you. Continue being a tribalist

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Wallatah: 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2020
Wike is very afraid to accept his Igbo Blood line just because he doesn't want to shear the petro moni with any one !!! make una no misunderstand him !!! google the history of ikwere people and below is what you got......... According to a theory of Ikwerre origin, they would be descendants from an Igbo migration from Awka and Orlu areas towards the south. ... Before the civil war, there had been dissident voices that claimed that Ikwerre could have migrated from Owerri, Ohaji, Ngwa, and Etche areas of Igboland.!!! WIKE if you re not from this origin are you a bastard?

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Ogbuu101: 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2020
legacystore:

Nwaike or nwike

There is nothing like wike
Some groups in Igbo actually pronounce nwa without the 'n'.
Eg some groups in Ezza north of Ebonyi state and some parts of Imo state.
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Warlord2014(m): 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2020
peacekante:
The Governor was asked by Dele MOMODU if he is igbo and he gave a blunt reply. "I am not" . He later went on to clarify the misunderstanding about his name and also the ikwere people link to igbo.

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ANmx2mhOU
Mugu...go and change the name na, anu nmpama like him.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by iddonla: 7:58pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

So what’s your business with flatinas ipobian

cos I grew up with a lot of them as best friends..and presently at work no love lost ..so why is the social media online space different...or are u guys hausa masquerading as yorubas

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply)

Buhari Watches As Sallah Ram Is Being Slaughtered / Kogi Governorship Election Results From Polling Units / Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.