Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo (78046 Views)

Wike Clarifies Peter Obi 'endorsement' / BREAKING: Tinubu's Biggest Confusion About Northern Politics (Photos) / We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by EagleNest(m): 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
Of course, Ikwere is not Igbo. Although Amaechi, an Ikwere man thought otherwise. For me, they can be whatever they want to be. No fuss at all.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by obama30: 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
peacekante:
The Governor was asked by Dele MOMODU if he is igbo and he gave a blunt reply. "I am not" . He later went on to clarify the misunderstanding about his name and also the ikwere people link to igbo.

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ANmx2mhOU

Am not sure the Igbo people i know worried about wike or any one that say's he's not an Igbo while bear Igbo name or speak Igbo. because among all the people that deny their Igbo ethnic, non of their kin's men or women has ever attain the level Igbo people reach on earth both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. and am not sure they will still outage Igbo people in anything tomorrow. Saro wiwa betray Igbo's and went back to declare Ogoni republic, Biafra last 3 years but Ogoni republic never exit. Is easy to deny your self but the north will use slap to reverse it when your people no need you

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by ebenezer202l(f): 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ogbuu101:

Very soon you will hail from Kuvuki land.
I can picture your hairy balls already, but you're masquerading with a female moniker.
Very soon you go land one maga to send you transport money grin
lol see finishing grin
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Onepeople: 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
mbaise1000:

ikwere language? what's the meaning of that name in igbo language and what is the meaning of ikwere in ikwere language and in igbo language? people will not seize to amaze, anyways I don't see what is important in wike being igbo or not, people like JONATHAN who is more important and more intelligent and more matured and more recognized all over the world and more valuable is not igbo but identified with the igbo to the extent of adopting an an igbo name for himself, compare him to some igbos that are denying their identity for pots of porridge like one thing in abuja and another thing in lagos and the difference is very clear.
you won't see people like okonja iweala do that. that wike is being applauded by a particular set of people who are insulting him a few weeks ago but see him as their hero today, because he is killing igbos will tell any sane person why IPOB seen to be the best option now
I am disappointed this shallow argument is coming from supposed lawyer. drug addict ,if not for hate those who have the opportunity of listening to this gibberish will agree with me that this man is not qualified to be a council chairman not to talk been a governor ,very shallow argument from a supposed lawyer.
I can put a better a argument for wike than this nonsense, he ended up embarrassing himself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by favor914: 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ogbuu101:
Who cares .
Congratulations to Onyesom Ezebunwo Wike son of Nlemanya Wike and his own group among the Ikweres.
They're the first group on earth to derive their ethnicity from state creation cos b4 1976 state creation, there was no tribe known as Ikwere.
Ikweres were just a subgroup of the Igbos just like Nsukka or Abakaliki ppl.

Modified.
It is heartwarming to see Wike is suddenly the darling of yerobber Muslims.
Is awa God not a wonderful God? grin grin grin
Rivers State was created in 1967, after years of pleading to leave the oppressive siege of Enugu.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by aribisala0(m): 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2020
HAccord:

Igbos are not forcing ikwerre minorities into any alliance. They are the ones stealing Igbo language, names and identity. When they commit crimes at the national or international level, people will say 'omo Ibo don commit another one' not knowing he is an Ikwerreman with Bini heritage and Igbo name. The whole of the Igbo race bears the brunt. So Igbos need to be very concerned.

These Ikwerres are descendants of Bini people who migrated during the slavery era from the Bini empire and even possibly with some traces of yoruba genes, yet they are keen bearing Igboid names.

The solution- Relinguinization of Ikwerre ethnocultural system. It can be done. Even Rotimi Ramaechi have shown them how to start renaming themselves to do away the vestigates of the Igbo toga little by little.

Wike can start by budgeting like N200 billion for the project and incentivizing his Ikwerre people. He can say, any father who renames his child with a Bini name gets 1 million naira. If you are Ikwerre and has a child bearing Emeka and rename him Osahon, you get 1 million naira, if you have 5 kids, that's 5 million naira. This would do a lot of magic. Even N100,000 per child will help the re-bininization revolution in a massive way.

Political Incentivization worked during the civil war when Gowon and Fulanis allowed them to keep their lives for denying to be Igbos, it would still work today and will help stop all these confusion and put to rest the quagmire and everyone will be happy.

Ikwerre is a distinct language .This is a settled research fact. I refer you to the work of Kay Williamson

Rather than say Ikwerre steal Igbo language be honest.

Why not say Igbo stole Ikwerre language or both languages have the same origin.

Why assume that Igbo language came first

7 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Lastmankc(m): 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2020
Wicked wike

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by aribisala0(m): 7:13pm On Nov 12, 2020
Pecuman:

I get that Ikwerre don't want to be called Igbo but Ikwerre doesn't sound like Igbo, it is Igbo. There is more difference between Orlu and Umuahia Igbo than between Orlu and Ikwerre. Ikwerre language is Igbo but you can always be different ethnicity.
Ikwerre is Igbo BECAUSE you say so?

This is a matter that was researched by foremost linguist Kay Williamson before you were born

Educate yourself.

Spanish is not Portuguese or Italian but they are mutually intelligible because they have the same origin

6 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2020
post=95970628:

Anu can you show any of my comments on Wike

Mpama, when you were all over the place doing so you couldn't remember a day like this will come.

Well Wike who is a definition of the typical lizard who knows no rest until it spits the hot object in his mouth has changed your tune that he is targeting Amaechi.

What nonsense.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Numismatic(m): 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2020
Jonasbadoo2:
See as you mumu finish, it's Abiriba/Ebiriba and not that trash you wrote there, I'm proudly an Abiribarian , Amaogudu autonomous community to be precise, so you can't tell me my history
Confused homo, you don't know whether you are a woman or man. Go and ask your elders why you people dress like ibibio or efik people. Please educate me on that. Anuofia

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by MsAllison(f): 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2020
ebenezer202l:

wow Solmus is the same person as Tecm0
cc 12twelve
lol old stories

the dude ugly die with kpomo lips
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by aribisala0(m): 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2020
Pecuman:

By every metric applied universally to all Igbo peoples but personal identification, Ikwerre are Igbo. Anioma and Onitsha probably have more Bini admixture than them, pre-colonial documents call people of those region Igbo.

But if they don't want to be Igbo again, fine, their choice.
Name these metrics? They exist only in your zealotry

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by ebenezer202l(f): 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2020
Dedetwo:
It is now left with people Obio\Akpor LGA to dispute if they are not Igbo as Wike had publicly said. Rebisi people have already indicated they not Ikwerre and not part of the shenanigans some Ikwerre peeps tend to chase.
even etche people don't identify themselves as igbos

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by MsAllison(f): 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2020
itsme01:

Omo Ibo how far , Wike just denied you

He just cancelled you

Nobody wants Ipobians not even Umahi .... Chai good character and attitude is key

Cc

IgbalodeRaymond
MsAllison
NagadaAwo
AchalugoNwa
ebenezer202l
Lzaa
Imhotep
sorry I don't do big black lips
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by favor914: 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2020
Onepeople:
I am disappointed this shallow argument is coming from supposed lawyer. drug addict ,if not for hate those who have the opportunity of listening to this gibberish will agree with me that this man is not qualified to be a council chairman not to talk been a governor ,very shallow argument from a supposed lawyer.
I can put a better a argument for wike than this nonsense, he ended up embarrassing himself.
You can put a better argument in your Kitchen, or bathroom? Absolute nonsense, who would waste their time interviewing you, who are you?, faceless Peasant.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by itsme01: 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2020
MsAllison:
sorry I don't do big black lips

Lol

Sorry am not Gay hiding under female monikers getting rejected by Wike

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by TecM0: 7:17pm On Nov 12, 2020
MsAllison:
lol old stories

the dude ugly die with kpomo lips

Says an Ibo man

Ibo no dey surprise us for here....

See why Wike reject, deny and proscribed una

Chaiiii shame

5 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Sobasojek: 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2020
Gamesmart:
Dele Momodu's full name is Ayòbámidélé Àbáyòmí Ojútelégàn Àjàní Momodu.

He has a BA in Yoruba from OAU and was born in Ife.

Yet he is saying he is from Edo State? undecided
His father is from edo, his mother from osun state. So he is from Edo state

Some Edo indigenes bear yoruba names. Those Yoruba names might be given to him because of his mother

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by aribisala0(m): 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2020
Numismatic:

If indeed ikweres are not igbos, how come the bear igbo names, speak a dialect of igbo?have same market days with ibos! In the North, there are alot of tribes who speak same language, Hausa, even bear Hausa names yet their traditions are distinct and different from the Hausas. It's not the same with Ikweres. What happened to their bini heritage? All these boils down to the Civil War which the igbos lost, making alot of people refuse to identify themselves as ibos because of the stigma the igbos have been enduring in this shithole called Nigeria. If the igbos won the war, idiots like wike would have been amongst those screaming they are igbos. And for the other fools like Afamded, they should get a life. Whether Ikweres agree the are ibos or not, that's their bloody business.

The question might be how come Igbos bear Ikwerre names

Arabs bear Ibrahiim Yusuf Suleiman
Jews bear Abraham Yosef Solomon

Who owns the names?

Ikwerre is NOT A DIALECT of IGBO. IT IS A LANGUAGE in the same family as Igbo language

5 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Organs(m): 7:19pm On Nov 12, 2020
I will restrain from cursing and insulting igbos because i have so many fine well behaved people that are igbos. However the criminal elements amongst them are drowning the voices of the good people amongst them. The criminals amongst them like to trade in criminality, confussions, lies and war. If you give them the war, they will run away, cry to UN, WHO etc and complain. ZIK warned against fighting and wanted peaceful resolution, he was called a hausa mumu, Alex Ekwueme, a fine brilliant gentleman was called a hausa houseboy. Okorocha is called Okoro hausa, Ngige is called Sultan houseboy, now Wike is also a Buhari sellout. However, they will worship and follow hate filled, coward, useless lying Nnamdi Kanu that up till this moment he cannot even fulfil his promise and show his empty headed followers evidence of Buhari as Jubril El sudani. I flinch at the rubbish and lies they share amongst themselves as evidence of everyone against them. Buhari, Wike, Obama's govt, Nigerian Army, Police, Airforce, Yoruba people, Hausas, Fulani, South Africans, Indians, all, are jealous of them and against their Biafra and their progress, can you imagine that mindset and mentality? Yet they did not do anything wrong oh. I feel for my level headed igbo friends truly. They are a fine set of people and i am embarrassed how they got entangled with these bunch of moronic fools.

10 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by ebenezer202l(f): 7:19pm On Nov 12, 2020
HAccord:
Wike the butcher of Obigbo people is too daft and drunk to be an Igbo. He is a bloody ikwerre man with Bini heritage. That's a fact we all know.
at least you've agreed in the bolded that both entities don't have anything in common.
Unlike your brothers that find it hard to believe.
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by MsAllison(f): 7:19pm On Nov 12, 2020
itsme01:

Lol

Sorry am not Gay hiding under female monikers getting rejected by Wike
do cosmetics surgery on your lips first
i might consider you after that

lzaa imhotep Gandollaar Ebenezer202l

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Ngozioma(m): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2020
cool cool cool I think, the dispute is now settled

Igbo Amaka
wink

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2020
cheesy grin even yeebos deny they're igbos claiming they're Jews. Identity crises and inferiority complex is rife with these people.. they'll leech unto you and claim they made you who you are, freakin monkeys.....it's why their biafra movement will remain an online country.

8 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by ebenezer202l(f): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2020
Dedetwo:
Wike's father was a Bini man who abandoned his mother and eloped to Bini never return to Port Harcourt.
back up all these propagating with facts please
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by aribisala0(m): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2020
Pecuman:

Any historical document that identifie all the other people today called Igbo as one group will also include Ikwerre as Igbo. They only really started not liking the name Igbo after civil war.

Maybe it is because of their "bad work ethics and temperament" maybe it is because of they are in another state (on this front I have seen people try to say Anioma are not Igbo but Anioma always say they are Igbo), but before 1969 anybody that will identify Igbo as an ethnic group will include Ikwerre there. Maybe as you said they just said they were Igbo for politics but similar things have happened like in Yorubaland, Egba didn't used to be called Yoruba but now are. Maybe the reverse happened with Ikwerre.

However, as I said before, if they don't want to be Igbo nobody will force them, we have said this before and if other Igbos too agree that Ikwerre are no longer Igbo, they should be permanently booted out.

There is no such historical classification of people as Igbo. before the creation of Nigeria.

The Pan Igbo identity is a creation of Nigeria

Aros sold many people who tday would be "Igbo" as slaves through Calabar and never saw those they sold as their people

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by MsAllison(f): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2020
TecM0:

Says an Ibo man

Ibo no dey surprise us for here....

See why Wike reject, deny and proscribed una

Chaiiii shame
sorry do I know you?

Stop being a simp chasing women online
work on your self esteem and win a babe offline

i no gree na by force?
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
osarog:
For the fact that my language sounds like Igbo language doesn't mean I'm Igbo. People should understand this.

Ikwerres are not Igbo.
You are igbos. Same as Okuns of Kogi State are Yoruba. Igbanke of Edo are Igbos. IKA and Anioma of Delta are Igbos

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Midas01: 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
It's only on NL and soci media that this is actually a thing.

I was born and raised in PH and met lots of Ikwerres all my life and the average ikwerre sees himself as distinct from the igbo.

Igbos should die the issue.
seunmsg:
Very interesting interview. Apart from emphatically declaring that he’s not Igbo, I like the part where he claimed that the head of ipob is one small boy whose name he can’t remember grin grin grin. I’m also glad he acknowledged the cosmopolitan nature of Rivers state and rubbished the claim by ipob that they made him governor.

At least, those always doing attache by force can now give it a rest. Ikwerres are not Igbos and so be it. They are a distinct ethnic group in Nigeria. We should all respect who they are instead of forcing another identity on them.

8 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Numismatic(m): 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
aribisala0:

The question might be how come Igbos bear Ikwerre names

Arabs bear Ibrahiim Yusuf Suleiman
Jews bear Abraham Yosef Solomon

Who owns the names?

Ikwerre is NOT A DIALECT of IGBO. IT IS A LANGUAGE in the same family as Igbo language

Seriously? You are saying it's the igbos that copied the ikweres? Nothing Musa no go see for gate o

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Jonasbadoo2(f): 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
Numismatic:

Confused homo, you don't know whether you are a woman or man. Go and ask your elders why you people dress like ibibio or efik people. Please educate me on that. Anuofia
Lemme educate your ass Ewu Gambia, igbo is just a tribe made up of clans and each has little differences in how they do things, our dressing is not different at all, the only thing we don't use is the red cap

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by itsme01: 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2020
MsAllison:
do cosmetics surgery on your lips first
i might consider you after that

lzaa imhotep Gandollaar Ebenezer202l

Eyah Omo Ibo even your cancellation Ibo crew don abandon you

Lol it's a shame how simple character and manner training makes alot of difference

Wike abeg off mic

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply)

Buhari Watches As Sallah Ram Is Being Slaughtered / Kogi Governorship Election Results From Polling Units / Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.